Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? (65911 Views)

This Old 1963 Ferrari Becomes The Most Expensive Car Ever Sold - See Price / This Honda's Sports EV Concept Is An Old-School Electric S2000 Sports Car / Will You Buy This Old Talbot BI 105 Airline Saloon Car For 14.3 Million Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Tonytonex(m): 6:33am On Apr 20, 2023
dreamxhaser:
I dey see this car well well for Kaduna. Although it's been up to 2 years I saw one last.
I saw one in KD recently. But it's modified. E Fine pass the old one
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Tonytonex(m): 6:37am On Apr 20, 2023
Frankcallys:
Here is the latest model, the 2022 model. We are still driving it here
I hope this one is not catching fire like the old one?

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by seanwilliam(m): 6:43am On Apr 20, 2023
Octopusssy:

Ijakpa... Sweet! These vehicles are now classified as vintage cars and unfortunately are fuel guzzlers.
why do you guys always add K to some yoruba words?
I hate to see that tbh

It’s ijapa not ijakpa
Ponmo not kponmo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Sammy5413(m): 6:44am On Apr 20, 2023
Ah this one fine sef looks like 2023 edition
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by clockwisereport: 6:45am On Apr 20, 2023
Treasure17:
It was a thing then. Sold ours in 2014 grin

As iron condemn?
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Sparrk007(m): 6:51am On Apr 20, 2023
Here we call it tortoise skyy
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by efuro(m): 7:01am On Apr 20, 2023
I drove mine for 12yrs b4 i sold it 14k to a driving school
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by aklid(m): 7:07am On Apr 20, 2023
Still seeing these type of cars like 2-3 sef
Ọmọ but rare ehh..
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by obidevine(m): 7:09am On Apr 20, 2023
Zico777:

This was the ride I used in learning how to drive in 2001.

Same here but I learnt how to drive in 1995
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by SonofGod231: 7:10am On Apr 20, 2023
sonnie10:
the car didn’t have a radiator. What did you use the cooling water for ?
I wouldn't know..I was just a child but like I said we had a blue beetle and from my little experience the engine overheats so you would have to open the Bonet and leave it so while driving.
My dad was always hitting the engine with hammer and shouting for water.
Remember,it normally happens behind and my mum and elder sis does all the running and jumping around...Thanks for the info,now I know.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by obidevine(m): 7:13am On Apr 20, 2023
Icrave4u:
Let's welcome old school.
1975 Volkswagen.
Throw back !

Who can recall?

Read this "Annie Beetle restoration" https://www.vw.com/en/newsroom/lifestyle-and-heritage/annie-beetle-restoration.html
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by uwuana: 7:13am On Apr 20, 2023
Bahamas95:
T cheesy rtoise car.
legend sighted 😍
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Curious345: 7:14am On Apr 20, 2023
pstemma1990:
on way way traveling to Yola last year, I saw neat ones for sell around Bauchi....

U can easily see them in the North than any other region.
can I have your number

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Lordatkinson: 7:21am On Apr 20, 2023
Failure2019:
Drive this car now

People go laugh and mock you tire.

Many folks no longer drive vintage cars in Nigeria because of mockery.

No body will laugh or mock you, especially when you drive a very brown new of it. They will know you are just trying to remember the old days.

Meanwhile, if you carry smoky and noisy one enter road, yourself no go won drive am, because your hand go shake pass pakinchin patient on, on the steering.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by seguno2: 7:31am On Apr 20, 2023
Failure2019:
Drive this car now

People go laugh and mock you tire.

Many folks no longer drive vintage cars in Nigeria because of mockery.

Why should the mockery of ignorant people bother anyone?
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by hush15: 7:35am On Apr 20, 2023
Icrave4u:
1975 Volkswagen.
Throw back !

Who can recall?

IJAPA, It was called then...
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by lahry(m): 7:36am On Apr 20, 2023
This is the car that the popular Yoruba gospel singer Yinka Ayefele had accident with.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by crowther15(m): 7:37am On Apr 20, 2023
SonofGod231:
Just like yesterday,in the late 80's I remember my Dad using it to pick us from elementary school.
The car engine was at the back while the boot was in front. The passanger in front wld have to come down for others to enter the backseat..My mum wld always nag when she's in front and she has to come down for us to go into the back.
The car was a problem because it was always stopping and keeping us on the road. We always carry bottles of water to cool off the engine and hammer to hit it to restart until my Dad finally sold it for good and bought a pick up.
Beetle is an ancient car as far back as I can remember.
I found out Volkswagen now owns Bentley, Lamborghini and Skoda#Amazing!!
Hamar and water just for the car grin grin
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Vatod(m): 7:38am On Apr 20, 2023
I prefer the type 4
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by sonnie10: 7:42am On Apr 20, 2023
SonofGod231:

I wouldn't know..I was just a child but like I said we had a blue beetle and from my little experience the engine overheats so you would have to open the Bonet and leave it so while driving.
My dad was always hitting the engine with hammer and shouting for water.
Remember,it normally happens behind and my mum and elder sis does all the running and jumping around...Thanks for the info,now I know.

Thise days every car had its own engine sound
Beetle sound like crickets
Peugeot sounded like a scratch on zinc roofing
Volvo sounded like a bull on rampage
Mercedes like a broken window ac unit

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by iHateFraudsters: 7:43am On Apr 20, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
My grandma's special benz that year. Chai cheesy

I can't even remember how they disposed of it.

You don't dispose it.

You just keep it in one corner of the house and forget about it.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by sonnie10: 7:47am On Apr 20, 2023
crowther15:

Hamar and water just for the car grin grin

Yes, you needed a hammer if the kick starter was starting to misbehave. Just give it a little knock and try staring it.
But if you find help, pushing is faster. Just do what was known as “push and start” but you must have it in gear 2.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:48am On Apr 20, 2023
I am planning on buying one soon.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by stonesbridge: 7:48am On Apr 20, 2023
Icrave4u:
1975 Volkswagen.
Throw back !

Solid car sad
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Okeoladotun(m): 7:52am On Apr 20, 2023
Will like to get one pls
pstemma1990:
They are plenty in Kaduna.. I priced one 2 years ago.. The seller asked me to bring 75k.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by sonnie10: 7:52am On Apr 20, 2023
lahry:
This is the car that the popular Yoruba gospel singer Yinka Ayefele had accident with.

For real? And I was thinking he was born that way.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Mamijoh(f): 8:04am On Apr 20, 2023
Oritna94:
Beetle. I still wonder why they never thought of putting a radiator in the car..
course the car us moving toward not backward. How do you respect breeze to blow the radiator to work when its at the back. That's why it will be hard for it to have radiator.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Mamijoh(f): 8:05am On Apr 20, 2023
Oritna94:
Beetle. I still wonder why they never thought of putting a radiator in the car..
course the car is moving foward not backward. How do you espect breeze to blow the radiator to work when its at the back. That's why it will be hard for it to have radiator.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by omoyeni37: 8:09am On Apr 20, 2023
My dad had one then
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by luluosas(m): 8:13am On Apr 20, 2023
Tortoise car, Iyeke oretin in Edo. The good old days

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars / See What Mechanic Did To A New Car ( Photo) / Inside The ₦181m Cadillac Escalade Mobile Bunker Built For The Rich And Famous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.