Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,666 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? (65903 Views)

This Old 1963 Ferrari Becomes The Most Expensive Car Ever Sold - See Price / This Honda's Sports EV Concept Is An Old-School Electric S2000 Sports Car / Will You Buy This Old Talbot BI 105 Airline Saloon Car For 14.3 Million Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by BreconHills(m): 8:21am On Apr 20, 2023
Failure2019:
Drive this car now

People go laugh and mock you tire.

Many folks no longer drive vintage cars in Nigeria because of mockery.

Not true. Mudi the designer has a couple of vintage cars and they turn heads and attract positive attention. It all depends on how pristine and well maintained they are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by IVORY2009(m): 8:28am On Apr 20, 2023
Treasure17:
It was a thing then. Sold ours in 2014 grin

Vintage

For like how much? grin
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Christian07(m): 8:33am On Apr 20, 2023
Icrave4u:
Let's welcome old school.
1975 Volkswagen.
Throw back !

Who can recall?

Op It is called tortoise car
Are you a gen z child

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by awoluyi(m): 8:38am On Apr 20, 2023
sonnie10:
the car didn’t have a radiator. What did you use the cooling water for ?

Engine was air cooled, it required no radiator which is used on water cooled engines.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by SonofGod231: 8:44am On Apr 20, 2023
sonnie10:

Thise days every car had its own engine sound
Beetle sound like crickets
Peugeot sounded like a scratch on zinc roofing
Volvo sounded like a bull on rampage
Mercedes like a broken window ac unit
😁
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by SonofGod231: 8:44am On Apr 20, 2023
crowther15:

Hamar and water just for the car grin grin
Seriously 😁

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by edydeyemi(m): 8:59am On Apr 20, 2023
Icrave4u:
1975 Volkswagen.
Throw back !

Who can recall?
My principal in EHS back then, Mr. Fakayode, had one. His was always smoking and sounding like an 'I pass my neighbour' generator grin
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by quinox947: 9:01am On Apr 20, 2023
McBolt:
Please , I am interested anyone with information on how to get one should please link me up!
I saw two in a car stand in Kubwa, Abuja while I was travelling to Edo State last week. If you can link up with somebody in Abuja City Centre or its environs, ask them to check the car stand immediately after the Kubwa Federal Housing Junction by the bridge.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by sonibota: 9:10am On Apr 20, 2023
Got my used one then for N300.00 and resold at N420.00. I was alternating fuelling between petrol and kerosene.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Coly2012(m): 9:13am On Apr 20, 2023
I remember years back at awka enugu Express road one of this car was on top speed and the engine was on fire🔥, the occupants were not even aware,it took other road users to speed off and over take them to tell them.very funny Sean that day.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Salisu19(m): 9:16am On Apr 20, 2023
We called it Motor big Belle when we were kids . Time really flies......
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Ashirioluwa: 9:32am On Apr 20, 2023
In Nigeria, the majority of our people place more emphasis and value on brand-new automobiles and machinery while placing less value on classic or vintage automobiles.

Only a few people even know what classic or vintage cars are. 

This old Volkswagen Beetle is considered a vintage car, so don't be surprised that a used one of this car might be more expensive than most new cars in the international market today.

A 1975 used Volkswagen Beetle might cost up to $50000 depending on the mileage, cleanliness, and condition of the car.

Our maintenance culture is bad in this part of the world.

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by crowther15(m): 9:33am On Apr 20, 2023
sonnie10:

Yes, you needed a hammer if the kick starter was starting to misbehave. Just give it a little knock and try staring it.
But if you find help, pushing is faster. Just do what was known as “push and start” but you must have it in gear 2.
This your experience is still sweeter, compare to those children who used to walk bare footed to the schools, churches and mosques. Some of us wished our fathers had such kind car back then. In short, we should those children in motor ijapa ooo cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Bobbyjay001(m): 9:35am On Apr 20, 2023
KingMack:
the only car that year wey carry engine for back and if e dey overheat no to raise the cover make breeze blow shege comot for the engine nyash😆😂

Some skoda model too carry engine for back bro.
I remember this car Wella. I don't know why people remove it's throttle pedal and use the metal pedal laidat.

You've to press down the gear and shift forward to get the reverse gear.

Some people sef dey open boot small put empty engine oil keg hold am from closing to allow breeze enter the engine.

Ha! I suffer from this car hand up n 2000 when I finished secondary school. My dad owned one on the 80's and also bought another one in year 2000.
The day traveled and left this car ehh! I started it with and took it out with my friends. Car started burning for back , me and my friends use sand extinguished fire and push car go home. Use broom sweep sand. Just left it laidat. Father came back, discovered sand and ask me wetin happen. I no fit talk. The kind beating I take , mouth no fit talk am o.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Ashirioluwa: 9:39am On Apr 20, 2023
sonibota:
Got my used one then for N300.00 and resold at N420.00. I was alternating fuelling between petrol and kerosene.

You meant 300k naira?
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by OloyeVIII: 9:48am On Apr 20, 2023
Urheadmaster:
The car is still been used over here in Germany tongue
Are you mistaking a Bug for a Bettle?
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by SisterAnn(f): 9:50am On Apr 20, 2023
Foodqueen:
It came back refined some yrs ago, maybe early 2000's.

He be like say, na throw back week, we dey o.

Abi the end has come ni
It came back as Bug, but didn't sell well.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by SisterAnn(f): 9:53am On Apr 20, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Tortoise car? 🤣
My yoruba friends call it "fosfagin" car. 🙃
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by pstemma1990: 9:58am On Apr 20, 2023
Okeoladotun:
Will like to get one pls
where do u stay?.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by pstemma1990: 10:01am On Apr 20, 2023
FengChui:

Bruh…. I don dey find this car for ages… Abeg we fit link up?
sure, December last year I saw neat ones around Bauchi, enroute to Adamawa... Here is my whatsaap number.. 08138958833.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by pstemma1990: 10:02am On Apr 20, 2023
Curious345:
can I have your number
08138958833 whatsaap.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by pstemma1990: 10:03am On Apr 20, 2023
kingreign:

What part of Kaduna?
around Abuja junction... That was 2 years ago.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by psucc(m): 10:05am On Apr 20, 2023
Octopusssy:

For real?? I haven't seen this car in Nigeria in a very long time
You mean it? I saw one in Uyo on Sunday. It is very much around.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by pstemma1990: 10:05am On Apr 20, 2023
Delightsome2023:
you sure say no be spoilt one
there's no Nigerian used car that does not have one problem... The best thing to check is the engine and gear, once these two are OK.. U can fix the other ones.. (why I said engine and gear, because they are not much in the market again.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Germi9: 10:06am On Apr 20, 2023
Aka CatchFire grin
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by pstemma1990: 10:08am On Apr 20, 2023
gboyetade:

I am interested
that was 2 years ago oo, secondly Kaduna na no go area for now..

But on my way going to Adamawa few months ago, I saw neat ones at Bauchi..

Though I didn't come down to price them... I'm sure they'll still have some, because I saw up to 7 between Bauchi and Gombe.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by thatigboman: 10:11am On Apr 20, 2023
Iamzik:

Nice! But how will the radiator get cool air from the back....just wondering
the car's engine is the back. The front is the booth
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by JaystitchesEmpi: 10:19am On Apr 20, 2023
The richest man in my area had one of this car back then.

Did you know TimeArena is running a Gentleman's sales on all-male wristwatches?

They are giving a massive price splash on all their male wristwatches and the sales is ending on Saturday.

Click on the link below to see what they have for you👇👇

https://www.nairaland.com/7167075/sell-quality-wristwatches-only/13#down
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by IotEngineer: 11:43am On Apr 20, 2023
My Uncle owned one back then and would drive us in it.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by SmSolo: 12:08pm On Apr 20, 2023
This is it, modified.

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Sleekfingers: 12:57pm On Apr 20, 2023
Icrave4u:
1975 Volkswagen.
Throw back !

Who can recall?

I still have that Beatle and Volvo 245 Glt parked in my late grandma's compound.....I am thinking of pimping them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars / See What Mechanic Did To A New Car ( Photo) / Inside The ₦181m Cadillac Escalade Mobile Bunker Built For The Rich And Famous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.