Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,352 members, 7,836,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? (10647 Views)

Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband / Us State Of Georgia Executed Davies Troy Despite All Appeals / Troy Davis To Die Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by Nobody: 4:06am On Sep 24, 2011
davidylan:

hmm i guess if you dont murder cops you should be relatively ok.

Umm ,,,,,,,, not really, if you re black

stupidity will be dealt with accorgingly!! cheesy
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by MrWhy1(m): 8:33am On Sep 24, 2011
The kind of ignorance exhibited by some on this thread is mind-blowing. For those of you who is saying this isn't your business, it could happen to anybody and the fact that you are a minority increases the chance of being convicted. The American justice system is flawed. The justice system of the southern states in America are notorious for such practices. In fact, there is deep seated racial reservations against blacks in those states. Go and read their history. Although I am not trying to defend Troy Davies because I don't know all the facts. The truth remains that blacks are wrongly victimized by the justice system.

And for some people to come on here and spew their ignorance about issues that is so deep shows why blacks are being victimized all over the world. Think for your self and do your own research and not what the western media feeds you all the time.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by tunnytox(m): 9:19am On Sep 24, 2011
jidegirl12:

Umm ,,,,,,,, not really, if you re black

stupidity will be dealt with accorgingly!! cheesy

Is Canada really different?
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by tunnytox(m): 9:26am On Sep 24, 2011
Walala:

This dude definitely DESERVED TO DIE simply because you cannot go around shooting people anyhow and thinking you're just a gangster then when its time to die, you start acting like a lil bit*h.  I watch the show 48hrs on A&E and all you see is these young black kids killing each other left and right with absolutely no regards for human life but once they are caught, they start crying and calling for their mama.  He got what he deserved for shooting another individual in the face earlier that day and the same gun was used in the officer's shooting so its either him or the guy he gave the gun to and that dude should have been killed as well.

So true! though this should not mean all blacks should be treated with prejudice. I do not know much about Troy Davis case so I'll not comment further.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 24, 2011
tunnytox:

Is Canada really different?

what/how do you mean?

for one, no death penalty in Canada.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by dipo1: 10:41am On Sep 24, 2011
The kind of life a man lives determines to a large extent, what eventually becomes of him. I don't have so much details on Troy's case but he must have being living a life that brought this upon him. ( I speak like he didn't commit the crime)
May his soul rest in peace.

Thugs and streetboys are better off leading a more purposeful life than holding guns at people's facesns at people's faces
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by tunnytox(m): 10:44am On Sep 24, 2011
jidegirl12:

what/how  do you mean?

for one, no death penalty in Canada.
Yes I know that there's no death penalty in Canada, just want to know your view in terms of how blacks are being treated in Canada compared to the US.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by otiigba1(m): 10:59am On Sep 24, 2011
Roland17:

My advice to blacks resident in the US is to be very careful in whatever they do, if u are caught in a crime along side a white, your punishment would be different. if president Obama still suffers racial discrimination in the US, what more ordinary black residents.

or much better black people should stay away from crime, if they dont want to get caught with white people!
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by fm7070: 2:45pm On Sep 24, 2011
Mr--Why:

The kind of ignorance exhibited by some on this thread is mind-blowing. For those of you who is saying this isn't your business, it could happen to anybody and the fact that you are a minority increases the chance of being convicted. The American justice system is flawed. The justice system of the southern states in America are notorious for such practices. In fact, there is deep seated racial reservations against blacks in those states. Go and read their history. Although I am not trying to defend Troy Davies because I don't know all the facts. The truth remains that blacks are wrongly victimized by the justice system.

And for some people to come on here and spew their ignorance about issues that is so deep shows why blacks are being victimized all over the world. Think for your self and do your own research and not what the western media feeds you all the time.

@Mr-Why. I give it to yu. Gbam!!
I have been trying to keep my sentiment about how some people make comments on this forum so as not to appear rude to anyone.
I used to think Nigeria is the worst and the most tribalistic country in the world, with "messed up" judicial system, not until this shocker came up.
No one is hailing Troy Davis, but I believe there are other punishment that he can be commited to, since they are unsure of their convinction. Law is all about evidence. Either evidences to indict or to discharge. If its at middle point, then, the punishment should be at middle.

For those who has made nasty statements:  , I know that it is coming back to you. You will travel outside the country and same will be done to you or any of your family members, then you will come to this same forum and register your grieviances.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by buzugee(m): 3:44pm On Sep 24, 2011
fm7070:

@Mr-Why. I give it to yu. Gbam!!
I have been trying to keep my sentiment about how some people make comments on this forum so as not to appear rude to anyone.
I used to think Nigeria is the worst and the most tribalistic country in the world, with "messed up" judicial system, not until this shocker came up.
No one is hailing Troy Davis, but I believe there are other punishment that he can be commited to, since they are unsure of their convinction. Law is all about evidence. Either evidences to indict or to discharge. If its at middle point, then, the punishment should be at middle.

For those who has made nasty statements:  , I know that it is coming back to you. You will travel outside the country and same will be done to you or any of your family members, then you will come to this same forum and register your grieviances.
dont let your current emotional euphoria cloud your sense of reasoning. are there biases in the american judicial system ? you damn right there is. is this one of the cases adjudicated on bias ? hell no. dude was convicted by a mostly black jury. ok black folks in his neck of the woods knew about RAH(rough as hell) and his reputation and wanted to be rid of him. let me explain it to you like this. do you know how crazy and violent american ghettos are ? ok this is a den of morally bankrupt 'nothing to lose' people all hanging around shooting each other up. now can you imagine how badasss you have to be in this kind of setup for other crazed gangsters to nickname you RAH (ROUGH AS HELL ) ? YOU gotta be one stone cold bad azzzz psychotic neurotic deranged killer to get a nickname like this in the ghetto. the phrase 'pick your battles' comes to mind and i dont think this is a battle you need to pick. RAH is with the lord now. if you need a worthwhile battle to vent on. look into mumia abu jamals case. or mutulu shakur
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 24, 2011
tunnytox:

Yes I know that there's no death penalty in Canada, just want to know your view in terms of how blacks are being treated in Canada compared to the US.

I can go on and on but you know what i still owe you no explanation / clarification bout how blacks are treated in Canada cos I know you aint serious bout what i have to say.

Cut off.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by tunnytox(m): 9:42pm On Sep 24, 2011
jidegirl12:

I can go on and on but you know what i still owe you no explanation / clarification bout how blacks are treated in Canada cos I know you aint serious bout what i have to say.

Cut off.

Too bad you're such an angry lady! just an innocent question bring about a reaction like this undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 24, 2011
tunnytox:

Too bad you're such an angry lady! just an innocent question bring about a reaction like this  undecided lipsrsealed

You re damn right I am VERY angry esp bout this thread, maybe another discussion. I still find it very hard to believe you tho. undecided
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by manny4life(m): 3:25am On Sep 25, 2011
Very unfortunate, I always knew that it will boil down like this; the South and West tend to have stricter punishment than most other regions. Very unfortunate incident, judicial racism, the Supreme Court denied his appeal. well I hope we learn from Troy Davis execution.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by Delafruita(m): 10:52am On Sep 25, 2011
@roland1

his books were kid's books warning them against joining gangs.besides it wasn't the books that got nominated for a nobel but tookie himself.

@buzugee

the entire country or world bears no influence on whose sentence is commuted.that's the reponsibility of the parole board and just in case you didn't realise,the victim's families have to be contacted and their opinion sought on whether such actions should be considered.the parole board then makes its recommendation to the governor who then has his team g o over the likely implications of such commutal or parole.thats why tookie spend 16years on deathrow and troy spent 22.

A case that comes to mind is a black dude(cant remember his name) whose sentence was commuted to 25years by clinton after almost 20years on deathrow because the "entire country" was rooting for his innocence and chanting racism slogans,the dude got out and killed someone else and guess who got the blame,clinton of course.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by buzugee(m): 12:08pm On Sep 25, 2011
Delafruita:

@roland1

his books were kid's books warning them against joining gangs.besides it wasn't the books that got nominated for a nobel but tookie himself.

@buzugee

the entire country or world bears no influence on whose sentence is commuted.that's the reponsibility of the parole board and just in case you didn't realise,the victim's families have to be contacted and their opinion sought on whether such actions should be considered.the parole board then makes its recommendation to the governor who then has his team g o over the likely implications of such commutal or parole.thats why tookie spend 16years on deathrow and troy spent 22.

A case that comes to mind is a black dude(cant remember his name) whose sentence was commuted to 25years by clinton after almost 20years on deathrow because the "entire country" was rooting for his innocence and chanting racism slogans,the dude got out and killed someone else and guess who got the blame,clinton of course.
the entire world bears some influence on whose sentence is commuted. some 'cause celebre' cases have been commuted because of the court of public opinion. and as per the family of the victim being contacted before the perpetrators sentence is commuted , well arnold schwarzenegro didnt contact any family members. my point being, there are no absolutes when it comes to justice. its all slanted by public opinion, prejudices, wealth, power, nepotism, racism, crony-ism, corruption and whatever else you can concoct to throw into the adjudication gumbo. its all a farce.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by Delafruita(m): 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2011
@buzugee

the case of arnold sperminator isn't a gold standard for the process of a commutal.the fact still remains if a conviction has been gotten,its the duty of the defendant's lawyer's to either get him a stay of execution,a retrial or an appeal.if after all options have been exhausted,the conviction still stands,a commutal or a parole becomes an option which can only come based on the recommendation of the parole board after a request by the convict's family.the process requires the family of the victim to give their own opinion.in cases where the victim's family couldn' be located,the parole or commutal application never made it to the hearing stage which is chaired by the governor
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by thameamead(f): 10:30am On Sep 26, 2011
pres-elect:

I'm trying to imagine if Amanda Knox or Cassey Anthony were black undecided

I'm just saying. . . .

GBAM!!!!!!!!. if Amanda Knox was black, she would not be getting all the publlicity, she won't be on the front page of the right wing papes like the The Telegraph, most of the right-wing MEDIA in the UK think she's innocent, they assume the other African guy Rudy Guede is guilty as hell, infact Rudy Guede (who was also charged with murder along with Amanda and her Italian boyfriend) the black african guy is not getting any publicity at all, infact most of the right-wing media are not including them in reporting the case, initially Amanda Knox tried to implicate another African man Patrick Iumumba but he was able to provide an alibi and later Amanda Knox said it was the Italian police who put pressure on her to implicate him, i feel sorry for Rudy Guede because it seems like Amanda will be released in 10 days time while he will rot in jail for a murder committed by both him, Amanda and her boyfriend, there is so much injustice in this world when it comes to black people, rebels are killing innocent black african men in libya, they are confusing them with mercenaries but David Cameron and Nicholas Sarcozy are turning a blind-eye to those atrosities because of oil, African leaders are not speaking out either, neither are human rights organisation.

R.I.P Troy Davis, for the innocent black migrant lauguishing in Libyan's Jail, i feel for you all.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by buzugee(m): 12:11pm On Sep 26, 2011
thameamead:

GBAM!!!!!!!!. if Amanda Knox was black, she would not be getting all the publlicity, she won't be on the front page of the right wing papes like the The Telegraph, most of the right-wing MEDIA in the UK think she's innocent, they assume the other African guy Rudy Guede is guilty as hell, infact Rudy Guede (who was also charged with murder along with Amanda and her Italian boyfriend) the black african guy is not getting any publicity at all, infact most of the right-wing media are not including them in reporting the case, initially Amanda Knox tried to implicate another African man Patrick Iumumba but he was able to provide an alibi and later Amanda Knox said it was the Italian police who put pressure on her to implicate him, i feel sorry for Rudy Guede because it seems like Amanda will be released in 10 days time while he will rot in jail for a murder committed by both him, Amanda and her boyfriend, there is so much injustice in this world when it comes to black people, rebels are killing innocent black african men in libya, they are confusing them with mercenaries but David Cameron and Nicholas Sarcozy are turning a blind-eye to those atrosities because of oil, African leaders are not speaking out either, neither are human rights organisation.

R.I.P Troy Davis, for the innocent black migrant lauguishing in Libyan's Jail, i feel for you all.
you want some cheese with that WHINE ?
I see you are having a pity party, do you have enough cheese and WHINE ?
lol
I am as cynic as the next man but this drivel is bordering on ridiculous. IF AMANDA KNOX WAS BLACK SHE WOULNT BE GETTING ALL THE PUBLICITY, that also applies to if she was a white man, a japanese woman, a korean woman, a bengali woman, a thailand woman, a native american woman, a mexican woman, etc etc. this is not a black or white thing. the western media is only fixated on white women. nobody else. they are crazy like that. IN FACT RUDY, THE BLACK AFRICAN GUY IS NOT GETTING ANY PUBLICITY AT ALL, neither is the white italian guy so whats your point ? SEEMS AMANDA WILL BE RELEASED IN 10 DAYS TIME, well thats the power of america. nothing else. but best believe the italian guy will still be in jail just like rudy. in fact the italian guy got more time (25 yrs) than rudy (16 yrs). whats happening in libya is appalling but its not a racial issue. ghaddafi used blacks to kill the rebels and hence in the whole confusion they have viewed all blacks as the enemy. its a war, there will be casualties. i am sure you dont hear the americans talking about the 1.4 million iraqis that were killed. these are 'collaterals of war'. as per troy davis ? well yeah RIP but if you think what happened to him was racism, then i am sure you are just one of these people piggy-backing of the emotional wave that his execution created. dude was convicted by a jury that was mostly black. dude is a stone cold killer. you still think thats racism ? come on now. yall need to get a grip
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by james1(m): 5:43pm On Sep 26, 2011
What happened has happened;troy is convicted by a jury not put up for slaughter.I have no feeling for such people.they looked at all the fact and still found him wanting.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by tunnytox(m): 8:54pm On Sep 26, 2011
I am wondering if anybody have watch a program called Gangland on Crime and Investigation channel? its usually on at 11.00pm every Saturday night. If you see the kind of atrocities that some of these gang members commit you'll find it difficult to have sympathy for any convicted criminal. However, it is also unfortunate that in some cases there has been people wrongly convicted due to pressure on the police to solve a crime and that's the reason why I believe that in all cases there should be no doubt that the accused actually commit the crime before an execution can take place to avoid executing an innocent person.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by JeSoul(f): 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2011
tunnytox:

I am wondering if anybody have watch a program called Gangland on Crime and Investigation channel? its usually on at 11.00pm every Saturday night. If you see the kind of atrocities that some of these gang members commit you'll find it difficult to have sympathy for any convicted criminal. However, it is also unfortunate that in some cases there has been people wrongly convicted due to pressure on the police to solve a crime and that's the reason why I believe that in all cases there should be no doubt that the accused actually commit the crime before an execution can take place to avoid executing an innocent person.
Infact I could kiss you right now for this answer  smiley but my husband go vex lol.

You are 100000% right. I watch Gangland frequently in addition to 'Locked Up' (on TruTv I think). One night I stayed up till after 3am just watching marathon episodes . . . men . . . the evil that man is capable of has no bounds. I join you in recommending these shows to knee-jerk sympathizers of convicted killers 'riding on the emotional wave of an execution' (as buzugee nicely put it). If he was convicted by a mostly black jury then I see little cause for playing the race card.

I also agree 100% that the death penalty should only be applied where there no doubt (not just reasonable self) whatsoever. There is quite possibly no greater injustice than to imprison & execute an innocent man.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by tunnytox(m): 9:44pm On Sep 26, 2011
@JeSoul
I don't mind peck i'm sure he won't mind grin grin Honestly just like you've confirmed I'll recommed this program and many others like FBI Files, Forensic files, Guilty or Innocent, On the case with Paula Zhan and many others for some posters on this forum I am sure after watching some of these programmes they'll have very little sympathy for convicted criminals.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by dayokanu(m): 1:28am On Sep 27, 2011
pres-elect:

I'm trying to imagine if Amanda Knox or Cassey Anthony were black undecided

I'm just saying. . . .

Did you also wonder about OJ Simpson who was "white" ??
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by thameamead(f): 10:02am On Sep 28, 2011
@buzugee, from what i read from Troy Davis case, 7 out of 9 of the prosection witness retracted their testimonies, it was also reported some of statements were manufactured while some were changed, why would a million people sign a Amnesty International? people are executed in the US every yr but non has had any publicity as Troy Davis, there were no evedence linking him to the killing of the police officer.

as for Amanda Knox, why is she always in front of right-wing papers? why are the right wing media reporting the case as if she is innocent, she falsely assused the Congolese Bar owner of the murder but later changed her statements accusing police of asking her to falsely accuse him,

as for the rebels, they see black men n confuse with mercenaries, the rebels don't always have any evedence to back up their claims, there are over 2,000 black men langusihing in Libyan's jails, gaddafi does not have mercenaries from west africa,his mercenaries are from Niger, Chad and Mauritania. have a look on youtube to se the way the rebels are treating him, beating them t death, r.a.p.i.n.g their wives/girlfriends. so you think it's alright to committ these atrocities under the disguise of war. anyway everyone is entltled to his/her opinions.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by buzugee(m): 11:28am On Sep 28, 2011
thameamead:

@buzugee, from what i read from Troy Davis case, 7 out of 9 of the prosection witness retracted their testimonies, it was also reported some of statements were manufactured while some were changed, why would a million people sign a Amnesty International? people are executed in the US every yr but non has had any publicity as Troy Davis, there were no evedence linking him to the killing of the police officer.

as for Amanda Knox, why is she always in front of right-wing papers? why are the right wing media reporting the case as if she is innocent, she falsely assused the Congolese Bar owner of the murder but later changed her statements accusing police of asking her to falsely accuse him,

as for the rebels, they see black men n confuse with mercenaries, the rebels don't always have any evedence to back up their claims, there are over 2,000 black men langusihing in Libyan's jails, gaddafi does not have mercenaries from west africa,his mercenaries are from Niger, Chad and Mauritania. have a look on youtube to se the way the rebels are treating him, beating them t death, r.a.p.i.n.g their wives/girlfriends. so you think it's alright to committ these atrocities under the disguise of war. anyway everyone is entltled to his/her opinions.

ahhhhh but you fail to make room for the frailty and shortcomings of the human mind. the human mind meanders over time like a river. this case was over 22 years ago. this was 1989. america in 1989 is different from america today. america in 1989 was a beautiful place to be. there were no strong racial allegiances. there was no internet. everyone hung out on the streets, all races, and played together. 'black' was in vogue then because this was the peak of the rap era. everybody wanted to be black. black people were the 'in thing'. it was lovely. so in this climate, any 'subversive and dangerous person' was fished out by ALL regardless of race. people just were not too tolerant of bad eggs trying to spoil the party.

fast forward a decade or more later, the internet enters the scene, people dont hang out on the streets anymore, gentrification comes in and all the blacks are kicked out of their neighborhoods to make way for the middle class and rich whites. people dont interact anymore because of the internet. police presence is increased to protect these new whites moving into these gentrified neighborhoods and all of a sudden the black man is the enemy. popos whoop up on black folks if they catch them wandering aimlessly in the gentrified neighborhoods (which used to be their neighborhood). white people start regarding black people with suspicion,

so in this new era it is easy to see why all the black jurors recanted their testimony. they had no more vested interest in sending another black man down into a system that has alienated them. thats simply what happened.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by buzugee(m): 11:38am On Sep 28, 2011
as per amanda knox in right wing newspapers. i think the word 'right--wing' should tip you off on why. the real question here is 'why do you read right wing newspapers'? this is like me reading a KKK newspaper and expecting them to support other races in a crime committed by a white and a person of another race.

as per the arabs, well i wouldnt deny that there may be an undercurrent of nationalism here (as blacks are viewed as invaders and scroungers). i think there is a lesson in this for all of us. STAY AWAY FROM MUSLIM ARAB COUNTRIES. THOSE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY. THEY ARE NUTS, A MAN WHO THINKS NOTHING OF BLOWING HIMSELF UP, OR CUTTING A MANS NECK ON LIVE TV IS NOT A MAN YOU WANT TO BE AROUND. AND IF YOUR LONG THROAT CARRY YOU GO THE MAN BACKYARD, WELL YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN OOOOO. ME I DONE TALKMY OWN SHA grin
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by JeSoul(f): 3:08pm On Sep 28, 2011
buzugee:
as per the arabs, well i wouldnt deny that there may be an undercurrent of nationalism here (as blacks are viewed as invaders and scroungers). i think there is a lesson in this for all of us. STAY AWAY FROM MUSLIM ARAB COUNTRIES. THOSE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY. THEY ARE NUTS, A MAN WHO THINKS NOTHING OF BLOWING HIMSELF UP, OR CUTTING A MANS NECK ON LIVE TV IS NOT A MAN YOU WANT TO BE AROUND. AND IF YOUR LONG THROAT CARRY YOU GO THE MAN BACKYARD, WELL YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN OOOOO. [/b]ME I DONE TALKMY OWN SHA grin
My brother tank you jare. I have always wondered why anyone would open their eye and willingly move to volatile countries where their lives are not safe . . . GREED as you rightfully said.

tunnytox:

@JeSoul
I don't mind peck i'm sure he won't mind grin grin
Lol, here's 2 kiss kiss cheesy

Honestly just like you've confirmed I'll recommed this program and many others like FBI Files, [b]Forensic files, Guilty or Innocent, On the case with Paula Zhan and many others for some posters on this forum I am sure after watching some of these programmes they'll have very little sympathy for convicted criminals.
Men . . . honestly I had to stop watching Forensic Files in particular. It was really making me paranoid lol. The way these killers randomly and casually choose their victims *one woman just happened to change her clothes forgetting to close the curtains and a guy saw her. Climbed in thru the window, killed her husband and then raped and killed her*  shocked  angry  . . . and then 20yrs from now when he's about to be executed some people will be crying about the 'brutality of the death penalty'.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by preselect(m): 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Did you also wonder about OJ Simpson who was "white" ??

OJ Simpson is a 'celebrity'. If he were some unknown black dude we would have heard a different story. Amanda Knox and Cassey Anthony are( or should I say were) no celebrities. If they were black the story would be different. You can continue to pretend otherwise.

Let me clarify some issue here, I'm not saying our own African societies are better. And the US has never claimed to be perfect either. But we are discussing the judicial system in the country( and beyond, amanda is in italy). The black skin brings negative treatment in western judicial systems. Not only US, but also in UK. I've never been arrested, but I've been stopped by the police time and again to answer some profiling questions. Sad. But I play cool. Middle aged women hold tightly to their purse whenever I'm around. Lol grin .

I keep to the law, that way I avoid unnecessary clash with the skewed judicial system. At least the west is that civilized in not randomly harrassing people. But if you keep thinking that you are treated same as white skins, goodluck to you. But while you're entitled to your own opinion, you ain't entitled to your own fact. Bc facts are facts.
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by buzugee(m): 4:34pm On Sep 29, 2011
pres-elect:

OJ Simpson is a 'celebrity'. If he were some unknown black dude we would have heard a different story. Amanda Knox and Cassey Anthony are( or should I say were) no celebrities. If they were black the story would be different. You can continue to pretend otherwise.

Let me clarify some issue here, I'm not saying our own African societies are better. And the US has never claimed to be perfect either. But we are discussing the judicial system in the country( and beyond, amanda is in italy). The black skin brings negative treatment in western judicial systems. Not only US, but also in UK. I've never been arrested, but I've been stopped by the police time and again to answer some profiling questions. Sad. But I play cool. Middle aged women hold tightly to their purse whenever I'm around. Lol grin .

I keep to the law, that way I avoid unnecessary clash with the skewed judicial system. At least the west is that civilized in not randomly harrassing people. But if you keep thinking that you are treated same as white skins, goodluck to you. But while you're entitled to your own opinion, you ain't entitled to your own fact. Bc facts are facts.
sounds like a personal problem to me bruh. if middle aged white women clutch their purses when they see you IN LONDON, then i think its time you shave that ya Mr T hairstyle  grin grin. stop eating eba for breakfast, lunch and dinner as e dey make ya chest big like arm robber chest. then stop wearing muscle T shirts like a lot of nigerian men like to do in england  grin grin grin thank me later
Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by buzugee(m): 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2011
funny you say that though cuz my experience with UK cops has always been nice. i have never ever been harrassed or stopped or nothing. when i see the popo and we interact, its always with a huge smile on their faces. you can see the genuine niceness during the interaction etc etc

american popos on the other hand, shytttt where do i start. i have nearly had my head blown off a couple of times. dude put the pistol to my head and told me he will blow my head clean off my shouders grin i have been thrown in police cell for reversing on a one way street, i have been stopped and racially profiled over 20 times. shyttt american popos are just evil. PERIOD

1 Like

Re: Troy Davis Execution, What Is Your View? by preselect(m): 6:08pm On Sep 29, 2011
buzugee:

sounds like a personal problem to me bruh. if middle aged white women clutch their purses when they see you IN LONDON, then i think its time you shave that ya Mr T hairstyle  grin grin. stop eating eba for breakfast, lunch and dinner as e dey make ya chest big like arm robber chest. then stop wearing muscle T shirts like a lot of nigerian men like to do in england  grin grin grin thank me later

I'll take this as a very nice joke. wink but just in case you're serious, I'm a medic, so I can't have your funny hairstyle, and I ant wear your tight t shirts.
Also, I'm lanky, with a long bones and little muscles, which are better covered with medically approved shirt with tie to match. My voice is far from bazz. And I'm not hairy. No beards, very little moustache, in college my friends called me 'bottle' that can never grow hairs.

Now I never said the British police harrass me. I said they stop me time and again. And they do it nicely with a smile. Profiling is still profiling wether you do it with a smile or not. If you live in britain you'll understand that smiling is their culture and it doesn't mean they like you or they wish you well it's just the way they are. Lol.

Peace cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Instead Of Raining Water In Thailand It Rained Fishes / The UK awaits new Prime Minister as Theresa May quits tomorrow / Social Media Bill: UK To Set New Regulations For Social Media Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.