Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Why I Gave My Life To Jesus - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Gave My Life To Jesus (7887 Views)

Ebimina Tamuno: I Gave Up On Yahoo Yahoo After Pastor Ibiyeomie’s Curses / Slay Queen Gives Life To Christ, Burns Her Make-Ups, Wigs & Trousers (Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 30, 2023
Who are you supposed to give your life to if not Jesus?
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 30, 2023
turmacs:
Bunch of dumb fu*ks...
If Christianity was invented in the 21st century, instead of Bible to say something like "Elijah was taken away by angels in chariots of fire and golden swords", You go dey hear something like "elijah was taken away by angels in their flaming Lamborghini Urus and Their Golden Ak47's"......
Angels no go dey carry sword, Na gun
Angels no go dey use horses, Na cars
Angels no go get wings, Na jet packs

You are a man scammer pretending to be a woman yet you think your opinion matters?

Get lost.
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Innobee99(m): 9:57am On Apr 30, 2023
Why are we not allowed to pure out our opinion on Islamic posts unless we accept we're Muslims? Then u make Christian post free for all to pure out their blindfolded and idiotic opinions.
Admins una be werey all

2 Likes

Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by coputa(m): 9:58am On Apr 30, 2023
Samantha124:
Good luck, but I'd advice that you just be part of the congregation and not try to involve yourself deep within the church because it's then that you'll see that not all that glitters is gold.

The manipulations that come with being part of an active member of the church can sometimes make a person wonder if he or she is indeed in a church or something else.

But if you're prepared for it, the I wish you all the best.
The fear of human manipulation should not deter you from serving God deeply.Human being is fallible,so,do not look at them

3 Likes

Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by emerged01(m): 9:59am On Apr 30, 2023
I wish everybody can have encounter with God so that they can be convinced that God exists.
I have an encounter with God that i will never forget in my life. I was in primary six battling with a terrible dream that kept occurring everyday. The dream was so terrible that I feared night. One day it was all over when I attended a revival in Baptist church. As young as I was,i could hear the man of God referring to my situation among the crowd. He said "today is the end that terrible dream in your life". Immediately I heard that I stood up and joined the crowd praying for deliverance. That night the dream occurred as usual but in that dream I was bold enough to scream in Jesus name. And that was the end.
Though it has been over four years that I have been to church,the reason is because most churches leave you empty every sunday. I believe God exists and Jesus is the only way.
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by FahBuLous: 10:05am On Apr 30, 2023
N3TRAL:
Fake news!

Religion is man-made.

Religion is bullshit!

Emancipate yourself today!

The Bible is just another comic book.

A mythical bestseller 😂

You're on your own!

I come in the name of the Lord, I will show myself to you this night that you may know that I am God.
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by tunjilomo(m): 10:05am On Apr 30, 2023
Make someone bless me this Sunday, abeg.

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by simfrost90210: 10:05am On Apr 30, 2023
Shalom..
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by emerged01(m): 10:06am On Apr 30, 2023
coputa:
The fear of human manipulation should not deter you from serving God deeply.Human being is fallible,so,do not look at them
I'm of the opinion that true believers should start confronting the false prophets to prevent them from misleading the sheep. Every true believer should have discerning spirit. You having discerning spirit means you should be able stop false teaching for the sake of new believers.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by malvisguy212: 10:08am On Apr 30, 2023
turmacs:
Bunch of dumb fu*ks...
If Christianity was invented in the 21st century, instead of Bible to say something like "Elijah was taken away by angels in chariots of fire and golden swords", You go dey hear something like "elijah was taken away by angels in their flaming Lamborghini Urus and Their Golden Ak47's"......
And what is your point ? why are you angry that the op choose to live a good life ? or you are disappointed that he want to live a holy life ?
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by malvisguy212: 10:11am On Apr 30, 2023
WiszyFraud:
Lool

You gave your life to the white guy on that cross or to the imaginary Jesus Christ, the son of the imaginary God?

undecided
wow. so you are an atheist ? and i love your quotes.....so disappointed.......
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by malvisguy212: 10:13am On Apr 30, 2023
Samantha124:
Good luck, but I'd advice that you just be part of the congregation and not try to involve yourself deep within the church because it's then that you'll see that not all that glitters is gold.

The manipulations that come with being part of an active member of the church can sometimes make a person wonder if he or she is indeed in a church or something else.

But if you're prepared for it, the I wish you all the best.
you are right.
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by hahn(m): 10:22am On Apr 30, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Just reading out just words is not enough, you must mean it.

I recited those words severally and was yet a sinner bound for hell, until I truly repented and the difference was clear.

Your name is not in the book of life. I checked 😎
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Draslo(m): 10:30am On Apr 30, 2023
turmacs:
Bunch of dumb fu*ks...
😚
Elijah was abducted by extraterrestrials. How else could Elisha and other witnesses describe what they saw? Also before the translation to chariots of fire, it has passed through tons of languages before arriving in English.
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by qtguru(m): 10:34am On Apr 30, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

I recited those words severally and was yet a sinner bound for hell, until I truly repented and the difference was clear.

What activities do you take to help you mean it, I find myself in that predicament. I pray and believe but I still live in sin sometimes. Thank you and happy Sunday.
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:34am On Apr 30, 2023
hahn:

Your name is not in the book of life. I checked 😎
Lol! Long time. How are you doing?
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Drrnie(m): 10:36am On Apr 30, 2023
olaolulazio:
Nice writeup
That is your own reason and I wish you a good luck.

Ogbeni we all know that life is short and yes, everybody lo ma Ku.....

We no dey go anywhere, our heart or soul no dey go meet anybody when we die.
Se those animals wey due, their souls self dey go heaven abi hell?
grin
olaolulazio:
Nice writeup

This boy ya very wicked smiley
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by pacesetting: 10:55am On Apr 30, 2023
It's funny the way you guys reason. People like you will be afraid to enter the house of a babalawo because you believe there are forces of evil. But you don't believe that God exists. I pray that one day you will know the TRUTH. A single encounter will do it for you bro.
olaolulazio:
Nice writeup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Chibuezem(m): 10:56am On Apr 30, 2023
Toks2008:
The reason I gave my life to Christ is that it is the only sensible thing to do with an everlasting reward; Every other thing is a façade and a chase after the wind.(Ecclesiastes 1:14).

Now let's look at it together...

life is indeed very short . With GOD, a thousand years on earth is like 1 day (2 Peter 3:8 ).This means even if you are fortunate to live 100 years on earth in great wealth and grandeur you have only lived for just 2 hrs 40mins in the eyes of GOD.

Now here is where it gets even more interesting...

Life is so fragile and hangs by a very weak Silken thread and it can snap at anytime when you least expect and the moment you die you lose everything you have sweated all your life to get except your salvation.

The world will not stand still when you die...Your spouse or lover will move on with another person faster than you can ever imagine, your family members may grieve your loss for a short time but will move on. Your wealth and all you have laboured for all your flimsy years on earth will be controlled by another person and your friends and even enemies who wished you dead will only take few seconds to write R.I.P and that is where it ends.

That Job or position that you so much cherish will be given to another person immediately and the beautiful body we nurture and cherish so much will become nice meal for maggots.

But one thing that remains forever is your Soul and the only way you can save your soul for eternity is to give your life to JESUS CHRIST this very moment when you still can cos the moment you close your eyes to say good bye to this world, you will never have the opportunity ever again and the best part is that accepting Jesus as your lord and saviour is easier than you can ever imagine ...it is the easiest thing anybody can ever do.

The Bible says in the book of Romans 10:9 ''if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved''

And OH YES it is that easy so no matter where you reside on the surface of the earth, just read the words below out and you will automatically be saved.

''Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Saviour, thank you for saving me''.

If you read those words out then you have done exactly what Romans 10 vs 9 instructed hence your name is now written in the book of life and your Soul is forever secured in Christ Jesus.

Congratulations.
that's wonderful but don't let the fear of going to hell form your only foundation to serve God, rather focus on having a Father-Son relationship with God, in this kingdom of God is your right or inheritance.

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Chibuezem(m): 10:59am On Apr 30, 2023
turmacs:
Bunch of dumb fu*ks...
Every man on Earth is working in the vineyard of the Father some as weeds, some as pest, some as farmers others as security men some are even thieves all is allowed to the very end when the wheat will be separated from the chaff.... What you are doing people have done it but it didn't hinder the gospel rather it propelled the gospel....
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Hausa(m): 11:02am On Apr 30, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

I'm struggling myself.
Please what steps did you take to truly repent?
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Franking: 11:06am On Apr 30, 2023
Firstly the bible was written by white men who claimed to have been inspired by the holy spirit. Any proof of that? Jesus Christ? Who's he? You gave ur life one imaginary character? U are worse than little children who believe Santa Claus is real.
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by hahn(m): 11:16am On Apr 30, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Lol! Long time. How are you doing?

Yep. Been okay.

How are you doing?

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:22am On Apr 30, 2023
hahn:

Yep. Been okay.

How are you doing?
Fine thanks.
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Falopeabimbola(m): 11:24am On Apr 30, 2023
Jesus Saves!!!
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by hahn(m): 11:42am On Apr 30, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Fine thanks.

👍
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 30, 2023
N3TRAL:
Fake news!
Religion is man-made.
turmacs:
Bunch of dumb fu*ks...
There's nothing in a human's imagination that doesn't exist. It's only a matter of what is material at the moment.
You know the most logical reason to believe in God? If you believe in God and at the end, He doesn't exist, at least you would have lived a good life of love and good works, no harm done. But if you don't believe in God and at the end He exists - man, you're screwed!

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Fordzzy(m): 12:31pm On Apr 30, 2023
Alright
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by joe4christ(m): 12:37pm On Apr 30, 2023
turmacs:
Bunch of dumb fu*ks...

True!
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by phemmyfour: 12:39pm On Apr 30, 2023
WiszyFraud:
Lool

You gave your life to the white guy on that cross or to the imaginary Jesus Christ, the son of the imaginary God?

undecided
Ignorance
How did you know his colour? How many white man's cities were in the scriptures
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Toks2008(m): 12:50pm On Apr 30, 2023
Hausa:
I'm struggling myself.
Please what steps did you take to truly repent?

Click on my signature and read the thread that pops up.
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Toks2008(m): 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2023
WiszyFraud:
Lool

undecided

The real face of Jesus as divinely painted by a 5 year old girl who had a vision of heaven.

And many other people privileged to have heavenly vision attested that indeed this is how Jesus looks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only / Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.