Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,469 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Why I Gave My Life To Jesus - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Gave My Life To Jesus (7886 Views)

Ebimina Tamuno: I Gave Up On Yahoo Yahoo After Pastor Ibiyeomie’s Curses / Slay Queen Gives Life To Christ, Burns Her Make-Ups, Wigs & Trousers (Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by CaptainJune: 12:59pm On Apr 30, 2023
turmacs:
Bunch of dumb fu*ks...
If Christianity was invented in the 21st century, instead of Bible to say something like "Elijah was taken away by angels in chariots of fire and golden swords", You go dey hear something like "elijah was taken away by angels in their flaming Lamborghini Urus and Their Golden Ak47's"......
Angels no go dey carry sword, Na gun
Angels no go dey use horses, Na cars
Angels no go get wings, Na jet packs

Professing to be wise they became foolish. You say Christianity was invented yet you failed to mention the inventor. Who invented Christianity and what year? We know Islam was started by Muhammed, Buddhism was founded by Siddhartha Gautama. Who invented Christianity?

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:13pm On Apr 30, 2023
qtguru:

What activities do you take to help you mean it, I find myself in that predicament. I pray and believe but I still live in sin sometimes. Thank you and happy Sunday.

Hausa:
I'm struggling myself.
Please what steps did you take to truly repent?
What made the difference for me on that day from the rest, I believe, was the sincerity of my heart.

For once, i truly wanted to turn away from my sinful ways and begin to follow the ways of God, and that sincere desire I had reflected in my lifestyle from that day onwards, so the difference was clear.

I began to do things differently from the way I used to do them beforehand. Sinning was no longer my lifestyle or a normal thing anymore but an aberration. Righteousness had become my lifestyle and the new norm, so l was no longer comfortable with sin.

That's what should happen the day a sinner truly repents. The difference should be clear.

John the Baptist who called people to repentance in those days said, they should "bring fruits worthy of repentance" because such fruits is the proof that they've truly repented.

Not that the person would become perfect automatically, but there should be a marked difference in the person's lifestyle from that of a sinner to that of the righteous.

So even if the person falls into sin, it would be an exception to the lifestyle of the person, unlike previously where it was his usual way of life.

If that doesn't describe you, it most likely means you haven't sincerely repented so you would need to do so first.

If you're sure you have, but still find yourself falling into sin occasionally, although that's not perfect it's possible.

What you should pray and ask God to help you to overcome such sins.

Prayer enables one to be more resistant to temptations because the flesh is weak but the Spirit is willing. Matthew 26:41

Fasting also helps, especially where prayer alone is not enough.

Also try and build yourself on the Word of God, especially on the teachings of Jesus, to make your foundation sure, so that when the enemy comes with the temptations and storms to make you fall, he would not succeed.

I hope this helps.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Hanndye: 1:24pm On Apr 30, 2023
Good. But you have to be baptized into the right Body of Christ, otherwise you will be judged.
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by dazzlingd(m): 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2023
Toks2008:
The reason I gave my life to Christ is that it is the only sensible thing to do with an everlasting reward; Every other thing is a façade and a chase after the wind.(Ecclesiastes 1:14).

Now let's look at it together...

life is indeed very short . With GOD, a thousand years on earth is like 1 day (2 Peter 3:8 ).This means even if you are fortunate to live 100 years on earth in great wealth and grandeur you have only lived for just 2 hrs 40mins in the eyes of GOD.

Now here is where it gets even more interesting...

Life is so fragile and hangs by a very weak Silken thread and it can snap at anytime when you least expect and the moment you die you lose everything you have sweated all your life to get except your salvation.

The world will not stand still when you die...Your spouse or lover will move on with another person faster than you can ever imagine, your family members may grieve your loss for a short time but will move on. Your wealth and all you have laboured for all your flimsy years on earth will be controlled by another person and your friends and even enemies who wished you dead will only take few seconds to write R.I.P and that is where it ends.

That Job or position that you so much cherish will be given to another person immediately and the beautiful body we nurture and cherish so much will become nice meal for maggots.

But one thing that remains forever is your Soul and the only way you can save your soul for eternity is to give your life to JESUS CHRIST this very moment when you still can cos the moment you close your eyes to say good bye to this world, you will never have the opportunity ever again and the best part is that accepting Jesus as your lord and saviour is easier than you can ever imagine ...it is the easiest thing anybody can ever do.

The Bible says in the book of Romans 10:9 ''if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved''

And OH YES it is that easy so no matter where you reside on the surface of the earth, just read the words below out and you will automatically be saved.

''Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Saviour, thank you for saving me''.

If you read those words out then you have done exactly what Romans 10 vs 9 instructed hence your name is now written in the book of life and your Soul is forever secured in Christ Jesus.

Congratulations.

Africans are the bottom of the food chain.
The only country in Africa that wasn’t colonized was Ethiopia because they rejected the scam called Christianity in the early centuries.
Just imagine if the whole of africa had United and fought against the missionaries and Arabs, by now, we would be far better off than where we are.

But Africans are just too dumb and empty headed. Op, you are don’t have much senses. Before you accept something, why don’t you do a research and find out how that thing started.

Have you done a research to find out the origin of Christianity, how did that religion start? How was the Bible written?

I can bet that before you complete 50% of your research, you would have dump that Bible and religion and realized that religion was man made and very ridiculous.

Please teach your children not to be stupid and unintelligent. Let them ask questions. Being curious is not being evil, it is not challenging God, it is you trying to find out the truth. Pick up that Bible and start verifying all the stories and ask yourself if this things truly happened as said.
Ask yourself what is the true aim of the bible. So white man that came to enslave you loves you so much and taught you Bible but didn’t teach you science but only came to colonize your land.

You people’s dumbness, dull brains and stupidity is enough to make you hated

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by dazzlingd(m): 1:35pm On Apr 30, 2023
turmacs:
Bunch of dumb fu*ks...
If Christianity was invented in the 21st century, instead of Bible to say something like "Elijah was taken away by angels in chariots of fire and golden swords", You go dey hear something like "elijah was taken away by angels in their flaming Lamborghini Urus and Their Golden Ak47's"......
Angels no go dey carry sword, Na gun
Angels no go dey use horses, Na cars
Angels no go get wings, Na jet packs

I don’t know the adjective to qualify that level of dumbness and stupidity.
At least if you claim you want to give your eternity and soul to something, doing just one week research to find out the origin of that thing is not bad. A whole soul and eternity ooo

May my generation not be this dumb
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by dazzlingd(m): 1:38pm On Apr 30, 2023
CaptainJune:

Professing to be wise they became foolish. You say Christianity was invented yet you failed to mention the inventor. Who invented Christianity and what year? We know Islam was started by Muhammed, Buddhism was founded by Siddhartha Gautama. Who invented Christianity?

You are the one who is extremely dull and foolish.
Oga, aren’t you the one practicing something that was handed over to you.
Have you ever sat down one day and ask yourself, where and how did this thing which you claim you are giving your entire soul to start?

People that you see cursing religion might have just uncovered 40% of the truth before they got so pissed off and tore their Bible.

My Bible that i tore and lighted up and cursed those bastards that deceived us with this. May after life not be peaceful for them for this great deceit and wickedness called Christianity
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by jossymekoos: 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2023
Toks2008:
The reason I gave my life to Christ is that it is the only sensible thing to do with an everlasting reward; Every other thing is a façade and a chase after the wind.(Ecclesiastes 1:14).

life is indeed very short . With GOD, a thousand years on earth is like 1 day (2 Peter 3:8 ).This means even if you are fortunate to live 100 years on earth in great wealth and grandeur you have only lived for just 2 hrs 40mins in the eyes of GOD.

Life is so fragile and hangs by a very weak Silken thread and it can snap at anytime when you least expect and the moment you die you lose everything you have sweated all your life to get except your salvation.

The world will not stand still when you die...Your spouse or lover will move on with another person faster than you can ever imagine, your family members may grieve your loss for a short time but will move on. Your wealth and all you have laboured for all your flimsy years on earth will be controlled by another person and your friends and even enemies who wished you dead will only take few seconds to write R.I.P and that is where it ends.

That Job or position that you so much cherish will be given to another person immediately and the beautiful body we nurture and cherish so much will become nice meal for maggots.

But one thing that remains forever is your Soul and the only way you can save your soul for eternity is to give your life to JESUS CHRIST this very moment when you still can cos the moment you close your eyes to say good bye to this world, you will never have the opportunity ever again and the best part is that accepting Jesus as your lord and saviour is easier than you can ever imagine ...it is the easiest thing anybody can ever do.

The Bible says in the book of Romans 10:9 ''if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved''

And OH YES it is that easy so no matter where you reside on the surface of the earth, just read the words below out and you will automatically be saved.

''Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Saviour, thank you for saving me''.

If you read those words out then you have done exactly what Romans 10 vs 9 instructed hence your name is now written in the book of life and your Soul is forever secured in Christ Jesus.

Congratulations.

Giving your life to Jesus is the best thing that can happen to anyone but I want to point out that unlike what you said, it's not as easy as you make it to be

Those words in Romans 10 vs 9 has meaning
It must be understood

For example Lord means someone that owns you

So you must know that as a Christian that you do not belong to yourself anymore

You can't do or say anything you feel like doing or saying, you must only do what your Lord says

Thank you
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by jossymekoos: 2:13pm On Apr 30, 2023
emerged01:

I'm of the opinion that true believers should start confronting the false prophets to prevent people from them from misleading the sheep. Every true believer should have discerning spirit. You have discerning spirit means you should be able stop false teaching for the sake of new believers.

I agree with you sir
So many false prophets and false Christians
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 30, 2023
Toks2008:

Congratulations.

You should have given your life to me, and I would have blessed you with your generation to come.

Why the fictional Jesus shoved to you by the whites through slavery? You are just a product of indoctrination and geography. A visit to the below link will solve your puzzle (only if you are the open-minded type)

https://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-christ-like-figures-who-pre-date-jesus/
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by SaintAdah: 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2023
Glory be to God, you are save forever in Christ Jesus our Lord!

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Apr 30, 2023
Yankiss:
The best decision ever. The reasons are immaterial. Yours truly is willing but the flesh is weak. Praying for miracle to accept Him wholly without backslide.
You must be joking, right? undecided
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Apr 30, 2023
Triangles1:
Giving life to Jesus not just by mouth ohhh
No mind churchians. They relish in these meaningless utterances.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Ken4Christ: 10:03pm On Apr 30, 2023
WiszyFraud:
Lool

You gave your life to the white guy (actor) on that cross or to the imaginary Jesus Christ, the son of the imaginary God?

undecided

It amazes me that people like you prefer to walk in darkness when the true light of life has come. You don’t know the doom that awaits you for neglecting your salvation.
Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by Ayatullah(m): 2:48am On May 01, 2023
Toks2008:

Congratulations.

Why you should withdraw your life from Jesus CHRIST RIGHT NOW:👇 LOADED FACTS FOR TRUTH SEEKERS.

https://americanhumanist.org/what-is-humanism/reasons-humanists-reject-bible/

1 Share

Re: Why I Gave My Life To Jesus by yinkbell: 10:35am On May 01, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
I didn't give my life to any christ because I see no need to do so

I'm not a criminal so their no crime to be forgiven

Oluwaseyi, you are not understanding something from the post.
There is a need for you to surrender your life to Jesus.

You may say you are a good and morally upright fellow but this doesn't change the fact that you are born a sinner.

Just listened to David when he said in the book of psalm 51: 5 :- Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

Romans 3:23 :- for ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

We are all children of Adam and we inherited our sinful natures from him.
No man can say is with out sin.
Reason why Jesus asked people to cast their stones to the adulterous woman if they haven't committed sin.
They all left their stones and left the place.
Jesus told the woman caught in adultery; "has anyone condemned you? Neither do I condemn you too".

My friend God is not counting your sin against you any more because he has paid for ALL your sins through the angonizing death of our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross.
First Corinthians 5: 19:- that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them.
Jesus loves you my brother. He is not counting your sins against you anymore because He has paid for your sins.
All you need to do is repent of all your sins and give your life to him.

May God's peace be with you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Honest Question To The Christians / . / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.