Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,344 members, 7,811,993 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) (39653 Views)

Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks / Four Suspected Killers Of Temitope Olorunfemi Arrested & Paraded In Ondo / Lightning Strikes 36 Cows To Death In Ondo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by NaijaCover(m): 5:32am On Apr 18, 2023
Temitope Olorunfemi, the 25-year-old driver who was lynched in Ondo State, was buried on Monday April 17, amid tears.

Olorunfemi, who was killed last week by an angry mob, in the Ijoka Area of Akure, was buried at his family house on Oda Road, in Akure South Local Government Area of the state.

The young man, said to be an Uber driver, was killed by the mob who alleged that he was an Internet fraudster (Yahoo boy) after his car hit no fewer than seven persons.

One of the victims died instantly while six persons sustained life-threatening injuries and are currently in the hospital.

The police have paraded four principal suspects in connection with the killing.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/4/jungle-justice-lynched-driver-temitope-olorunfemi-buried-amid-tears-in-ondo-2.html

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Urheadmaster(m): 5:39am On Apr 18, 2023
Sad way to exist this world

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Tecnophone: 6:23am On Apr 18, 2023
o ga o. Rip.

1 Like

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Ever8090: 6:35am On Apr 18, 2023
He went the way of all men.....may his soul rest in peace..

Things dey happen Shaa ...

same youth will celebrate and defend Nigerian politicians who are the highest criminals in the history of mankind and have killed Nigerians more than anything you can think of..

My Mom and Dad died as a result of poor medical care, myself and siblings are suffering as a result of the absence of human conscience in our leaders.

129 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Neddstark: 6:40am On Apr 18, 2023
Died a brutal death for manslaughter in an accident.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Irupetepete: 6:50am On Apr 18, 2023
Most Nigerians are without conscience maybe that's why the country is hard and we always have unreasonable government.
Maybe our government officials are just our punishment for being evil minded and callous towards our fellow men...
We deserve the type of government we have in this country cos an average Nigerian is greedy, wicked, callous and self centered...

137 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 18, 2023
R.I.P to the dead.

The failed system and reigning Gboy menace is to be blamed for this kind of deaths.
According to the news on FP the other day, the situation portrayed similar aura of typical Yahoo ritual killings as the driver allegedly showed no remorse, fetish objects in his car and also probably looked like a Gboy.
At the same time jungle justice is barbaric and should never be an option.
Sometimes as a Nigerian, you're confused on how to judge certain situations or which side to take.

R.I.P to the driver and R.I.P to the innocent souls he killed.
SAY NO TO JUNGLE JUSTICE.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Winters23: 8:04am On Apr 18, 2023
shocked
Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by KnowledgePower7: 8:04am On Apr 18, 2023
Before you come and cry for him

1. He showed no remorse for those he killed with the car

2. Fetish items were found in his car

So don't blame the mob
That is how some G boys do ritual
Knock down people and use them for ritual.

Don't blame the mob
Blame the skull miners of the west

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Drsheddy(m): 8:05am On Apr 18, 2023
J
Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Jsucre(m): 8:05am On Apr 18, 2023
Irupetepete:
Most Nigerians are without conscience maybe that's why the country is hard and we always have unreasonable government.
Maybe our government officials are just our punishment for being evil minded and callous towards our fellow men...
We deserve the type of government we have in this country cos an average Nigerian is greedy, wicked, callous and self centered...

gbam

2 Likes

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Larrydelliy: 8:06am On Apr 18, 2023
Rip...

1 Like

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by ahnie: 8:06am On Apr 18, 2023
This corn-tree taya me.

4 Likes

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by b3llo(m): 8:06am On Apr 18, 2023
RIP
Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by yesloaded: 8:06am On Apr 18, 2023
Illiteracy is a very bad disease. How could you quickly conclude that someone is an internet fraudster just because he rides a nice car and dresses well?

Under normal circumstances, everybody is supposed to dress well. You are addressed by the way you are dressed

Those uninformed and illiterate just wasted a precious soul who's trying to make a living for himself by picking up taxi jobs

May his soul rest in perfect peace.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by OmoOshodi(m): 8:07am On Apr 18, 2023
My only joy in this news is....Police was able to arrest some of the killers....they should go and meet him soonest......especially that guy that saw live tortoises and pants

Wicked world

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Oblongata: 8:07am On Apr 18, 2023
AudioMonkey:
R.I.P to the dead.

The failed system and reigning Gboy menace is to be blamed for this kind of deaths.
According to the news on FP the other day, the situation portrayed similar aura of typical Yahoo ritual killings as the driver allegedly showed no remorse, fetish objects in his car and also probably looked like a Gboy.
The poor woman killed that day is someone's mother, it could have been your mother.
At the same time jungle justice is barbaric and should never be an option.
Sometimes as a Nigerian, you're confused on how to judge certain situations or which side to take.

R.I.P to the driver and R.I.P to the innocent souls he killed.
SAY NO TO JUNGLE JUSTICE.
At the end you made no sense!

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE!!!

9 Likes

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Abbeyme: 8:08am On Apr 18, 2023
May God rest his soul
Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by othermen: 8:08am On Apr 18, 2023
‘Lynched Driver’ ? He is a son, he is a father, he is the husband to another. His statistic is little in being a driver and the motivations behind the mob action is little in him being a driver. It was that he was alleged of being a ritualist or looking better. If he was in a rickety vehicle, his outcome might have varied in spite of the accident that served to introduce him to a tragic end.

That said, about a decade ago, in Unibadan, a student was stripped naked and paraded around the halls. He was involved in theft.

Such was not the norm, however, it was the case then, that a thief will be mobbed and the students leaders or hall elders would endeavor to get the culprit to a secured place so that he can be handed over to Abefele (the school security).
Students can as well put a call through to the school security to avoid an utter descent into chaos. The point however is, in a community of reserved minds molding our society character, such events do occur. Again, If such mob actions could occur in an intellectual community, it can occur anywhere else in the country.

Just some weeks ago, A 500 level student was killed in OAU by his fellow students. He was accused of being a petty thief. While the outcome is isolated, the events leading to the outcome is the norm for those alleged or caught in such misconduct.

Is it up to a year, Deborah was killed in another institution of learning- just because she felt a platform created for educational purposes shouldn’t be abused for religious purposes? There was an endorsement of the disaster she was meted by most on the side.

In Adamawa too, a former VC was stripped naked and mobbed in a case of mistaken identity. They thought he was the INEC official that declared a winner in the gubernatorial election. Many on the social media celebrated such mob action and there has been no outright condemnation from the mainstream media that is busy pandering to a movement where mobbing others for their political beliefs or endorsements or affiliations is the order.

Anybody can be a victim of mob action. In all of these cases, fewer people had the courage to intervene. Anybody can be accused and on the basis of allegations, mobbed. Anybody can also be falsely accused and on the basis of such allegations, mobbed.

In my experience of such despicable spectacles, my interventions have been nil. The orientation I was inculcated was such that, if there is a fight, do not intervene- just walk away, because there are those who have lost their lives in an effort to be peacemakers and that the blessing that Christ in his sermon on the mount assured for such peacemakers is perhaps not worth much than being alive in one piece.

So it has been, if there is a public disturbance brewing, just take the other road or street. And so it has been, if a mob action is taking place in my street, I stay indoor. However, that mob action could be on an acquaintance or a relative. And by refusing to invite law enforcement officers or take any reasonable action, I have contributed to the murder of such fellows.

Let us reconsider our orientations. This incident in Akure would not stop another mob action from occurring in Onitsha. But then, if local community leaders are charged with the responsibility for and rewarded for protecting those at the whip of mob actions, there may be a reduction.

We also have to make a spectacle of capital consequences for those that take the law into their hands, even when the victims of such mob actions are culpable. Finally, we have to as responsible citizenry endeavor to take quick actions such as escalating any event to law enforcement where a mob action is likely to occur. During ALUU 4 , such an escalation was done but the police failed to save the day.

Failures of such reputations has to be met with remarkable disapproval and even consequences for officers involved. There was perhaps a police station in proximity to where this action took place. They should also explain what actions they are taking to ensure a re-occurrence do not occur. The Police should be alert to such events. It’s public , and saying that mob actions occurs in a very brief time is just an admission of incompetence. It is such incompetence of the law enforcers and incompetence of the judiciary that mob leaders have used in justifying their actions and the recruiting of the public to participate in murder.

While such remains a deterrent to concrete actions that may be done to allay the prevalence of incidents such as have occurred with Olorunfemi, we must begin to be courageous and lend ourselves to participating in ensuring humanity is restored on occasions of blind rage.

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Triangles1(m): 8:08am On Apr 18, 2023
Some time when we hear the news of how some people died we would think our own death will be smooth.

Death is inevitable but my own should be on bed with pillow just like night journey.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Offpoint1: 8:08am On Apr 18, 2023
He was killed by broke and wretched people out of envy, not necessarily the accident.

Only rapist and killers should be subjected to public executions after the due process of law has been followed.

It's safer at a war front than being rich in the midst of poor people with extreme mentality.

Sleep on young one, no one lives forever.

By the ways!

I'm still your surest and cheapest shoes plug.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by backtovillage: 8:08am On Apr 18, 2023
cry cry Uber driver

1 Like

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Efuaye(m): 8:09am On Apr 18, 2023
God helped and rescued me a few years ago from being lynched following an accident!

A mentally deranged young man took his brother's parked bike and got into the road and rammed into my vehicle!
The next thing was an angry mob ready to set my vehicle ablaze!
All entreaties fell on deaf ears! They were all saying that I am "omon lo wo" who wanted to use their son for a money ritual!

What saved me was the arrival of the boy's father who was honest enough to calm the angry mob by telling them that his son was not only mentally deranged but also stole the bike with zero riding experience!

One of the reasons why I will never support jungle justice!

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Jalaw: 8:09am On Apr 18, 2023
Yoruba people are so wicked, backward and primitive for practicing jungle justice in this 21st century.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Jlow2: 8:09am On Apr 18, 2023
Even at death you re lying he is an Uber driver, I dnt support his killing but he is not Uber driver, rip to the dead

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Caramia2020(m): 8:10am On Apr 18, 2023
de travel everywhere de hustle for bad news. Rip to him.
Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by RedChiefPriest: 8:10am On Apr 18, 2023
The way people carry sharp objects to inflict injury on other people is just something I will never understand.
Like how will you look at a fellow human being and starting disfiguring him? Like only wild animals should be capable of that.

3 Likes

Re: Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) by Enddy50ty(m): 8:11am On Apr 18, 2023
I blame this on the police force. People have lost faith in the system so they take laws into their own hands, even if he was a “Yahoo Boy” like they accused him of being, even if he was arrested and taken into custody he will be released without prosecution.

And as for the mob who lynched the driver, if they were all set to be arrested, there will be little or nothing to done to deter people from committing such heinous crimes against anyone suspected to be a “Yahoo Boy”.

The Police 👮‍♂️ and the law enforcement agencies are just too weak.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chinenye Celestina Iloh Kidnapped And Killed In Anambra; Her Son Missing (Photo) / Korede Francis: New Photos Of The 9-Year-Old Boy Chained By His Pastor Dad / Pepper In Vagina Saga: No Phone Was Missing, Police CP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.