Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:25 AM

How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? (2548 Views)

Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Tweet Of Adamu Supporting The Death Of Deborah / Why Afenifere Is Supporting Peter Obi – Adebanjo / 2019: Why My Son Is Supporting Buhari – Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 3:23pm On Apr 19, 2023
naijapips04:

Top 5 in kidnapping and unknown gun men.

Well, it is still better than your state ravaged by killer herdsmen who sack your villages with mr Emilokan asking where are the cows.
As for UGM, they are just people angry with Nigeria.
Under Peter Obi presidency, Nigeria will start working again, and all those evils will end.
He did it as governor in Anambra (pacify and secure the state); he will do it for Nigeria.
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by naijapips04: 5:15pm On Apr 19, 2023
onumadu:

Well, it is still better than your state ravaged by killer herdsmen who sack your villages with mr Emilokan asking where are the cows.
As for UGM, they are just people angry with Nigeria.
Under Peter Obi presidency, Nigeria will start working again, and all those evils will end.
He did it as governor in Anambra (pacify and secure the state); he will do it for Nigeria.

Mechie onu nshi gi, ezi ohia.

1 Like

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 7:23pm On Apr 19, 2023
naijapips04:

Mechie onu nshi gi, ezi ohia.

Rijuo nsi onu atulu ugwu. cheesy cool
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 19, 2023
onumadu:

Did Tofa (I don't even want to discuss whether he is the less competent person) win South east hands down?
Didn't considerable Igbo population vote for Abiola?

Oh wait. OK it's hands down now?
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 19, 2023
onumadu:

Did Tofa (I don't even want to discuss whether he is the less competent person) win South east hands down?
Didn't considerable Igbo population vote for Abiola?

Oh wait. OK it's hands down now? He won every state in the east apart from Anambra. I think I shouldn't have taken you seriously, having read @bolded.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
Odogwuzack:

Don't mind the clown. The only state Abiola marginally won in SE is Anambra.

They even protested against Anambra election because Igbos overwhelmingly supported Tofa against Abiola.

Those bums always either think everyone is dumb or have short memory, while they're the smart ones.

1 Like

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by adekolaelect(m): 2:11pm On Apr 20, 2023
onumadu:

No, it is not.
Right is right and wrong is wrong.
Your reasoning style is why Nigeria has never been able to produce steady electricity in 63 years.
When people identify and pitch tent with RIGHT leaders, you call them sentimental. You essentially gas-light them, and the weak ones end up joining the bandwagon of evil groupies.
I ask again, is supporting thieves and TERRIBLE leaders, supposed to be celebrated?
Is HEARTLESSNESS now supposed to become the NORM?
Why then do you still cry that Nigeria is a HELLHOLE?

Oga stop frustrating yourselves on what you don't have control over. Who told you who you are supporting is the best leader while he has never becomes president before? Are you telling me you and who you are supporting is saint. Some people cry to get Bihari as president yet he brought hardship, you better believe in God and yourself than relying on ordinary politician that can do anything to get what they want. Yes Daddy comes to mind. You can't be a supporter of any politician in Nigeria without being Emotional. Election was conducted and the winner was declared but you people are still crying as if another election is coming next month . If you people are not emotional why can't you keep with the process of Tribunal than unnecessary crying up and down from one Media to the other? You can't destroy Nigeria BCS of one man Tinubu will be president for only 4 or 8 Years after that Nigeria still remain. Why heating up the polity to destroy the Democracy some people cried and dead to get just bcs your interest was not manifested from the result of Election?

2 Likes

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by 7lives: 4:09pm On Apr 20, 2023
SamboAnguissa:

SE support better candidates? Now, I'd love you to explain whatever in this world made Tofa a better candidate than Abiola in 1993.

They preferred Obj to Falae,
They even rigged for OBJ, the rigging was supervised by a senator elect.
Ogbonaya Onu was Olu Falae's deputy in the 1999 election, still they voted PDP a military / Northern oligarch gizmo, or should I say a wooden pot, that will eventually burn, alongside the food inside.
These are the people that wants to force others, to see things, from igbos points of views.
May be they've not heard the phrase " the blind cannot lead. "

5 Likes

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 1:34am On Apr 21, 2023
SamboAnguissa:

Those bums always either think everyone is dumb or have short memory, while they're the smart ones.

You sneaked back after I left the thread. That I didn't answer YET did not mean that you won the argument.
Wait for it ...
Next.
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 1:46am On Apr 21, 2023
SamboAnguissa:

Oh wait. OK it's hands down now? He won every state in the east apart from Anambra. I think I shouldn't have taken you seriously, having read @bolded.

You see!
But you had implied that Igbo did not vote for Abiola at all.
Is Anambra state not Igboland?
In fact, anybody that wins Anambra state has won Igboland because it is the biggest Igbo melting pot in whole East.
Anambra has no analogue in South west. Lagos would have been it, but Lagos has other Nigerians there, so cannot match Anambra in terms of ethnic concentration.
Anybody that won Anambra, won significant Igbo votes.

Peter Obi also won only Lagos state in the South west.
Does that now mean that Yorubas didn't vote for him?
Can any rational person surmise that Yorubas did not vote for Peter Obi?

You people should make up your minds whether you want Igbo as compatriots in Nigeria, because you seem to have conspired to ensure that Igbo can never do good in your judgment in Nigeria.
It is either we have one common country or we don't.
Igbo don't really care either way -we are good with a functioning Nigeria, or a new functioning country that is not Nigeria.
This thread is about pushing strongly against merchants and defenders of bad leaders.
You call it being sentimental. I call it being a conscientious human being.
And like I said before, an person who lacks conscience has no right to demand good governance.
Any person who has no conscience deserves to be ruled by thieves and rogues.
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 1:58am On Apr 21, 2023
adekolaelect:
Oga stop frustrating yourselves on what you don't have control over. Who told you who you are supporting is the best leader while he has never becomes president before? Are you telling me you and who you are supporting is saint. Some people cry to get Bihari as president yet he brought hardship, you better believe in God and yourself than relying on ordinary politician that can do anything to get what they want. Yes Daddy comes to mind. You can't be a supporter of any politician in Nigeria without being Emotional. Election was conducted and the winner was declared but you people are still crying as if another election is coming next month . If you people are not emotional why can't you keep with the process of Tribunal than unnecessary crying up and down from one Media to the other? You can't destroy Nigeria BCS of one man[b] Tinubu will be president for only 4 or 8 Years after that Nigeria still remain[/b]. Why heating up the polity to destroy the Democracy some people cried and dead to get just bcs your interest was not manifested from the result of Election?

Oga, I NEVER (and I believe the same people -Igbos never) supported Buhari in 2015.
And that, my friend, is the point of this thread.
The people who didn't vote for him saw him for the disaster he forebode for Nigeria, and SENTIMENTALLY stood their grounds against him.
Guess what?
8 years after, they have been proven right.
Is Buhari better than Jonathan?
Is Nigeria today better than in 2015?
Let me tell you something ...
You are here saying (implying and admonishing) that Nigerians should move on, and forget the RAPE of the country that took place on Feb 25.
In your twisted mind, you believe that "only 4, or 8 years" won't do much damage.
Do you know how many Nigerians that died from bad governance between 2015 and this year?
Some of us can't even get rest, because Nigerians are MOANING AND MOURNING EVERYDAY from HARDSHIP, and those Nigerians keep calling, begging, mourning to us, EVERY DAY. We are essentially forced to share the little we have with them.
CONSCIENCE is what makes you a human being.
So, please accommodate my conscience.
Abeg no vex o.
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 2:09am On Apr 21, 2023
7lives:

They preferred Obj to Falae,
They even rigged for OBJ, the rigging was supervised by a senator elect.
Ogbonaya Onu was Olu Falae's deputy in the 1999 election, still they voted PDP a military / Northern oligarch gizmo, or should I say a wooden pot, that will eventually burn, alongside the food inside.
These are the people that wants to force others, to see things, from igbos points of views.
May be they've not heard the phrase " the blind cannot lead. "

Oh, you yourself admit that the election was RIGGED.
But you had to blame the Igbo for it. SMH.
In this last election RIGGED by Tinubu, how many times have you seen Igbo blame YORUBA for it?
We blame Tinubu alone for the electoral HEIST of Feb 25, 2023.
We know for a fact that SIGNIFICANT percentage of Yorubas voted for Peter Obi.
Anybody who is interested in the truth in Nigeria knows the truth.
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by adekolaelect(m): 12:00pm On Apr 21, 2023
onumadu:

Oga, I NEVER (and I believe the same people -Igbos never) supported Buhari in 2015.
And that, my friend, is the point of this thread.
The people who didn't vote for him saw him for the disaster he forebode for Nigeria, and SENTIMENTALLY stood their grounds against him.
Guess what?
8 years after, they have been proven right.
Is Buhari better than Jonathan?
Is Nigeria today better than in 2015?
Let me tell you something ...
You are here saying (implying and admonishing) that Nigerians should move on, and forget the RAPE of the country that took place on Feb 25.
In your twisted mind, you believe that "only 4, or 8 years" won't do much damage.
Do you know how many Nigerians that died from bad governance between 2015 and this year?
Some of us can't even get rest, because Nigerians are MOANING AND MOURNING EVERYDAY from HARDSHIP, and those Nigerians keep calling, begging, mourning to us, EVERY DAY. We are essentially forced to share the little we have with them.
CONSCIENCE is what makes you a human being.
So, please accommodate my conscience.
Abeg no vex o.
Although I recognized your feelings But many Nigerians that carry politic mater for head in the name of election are mojorly those that were wishing Downfall of Nigeria as far back 2015 to 2022 that is the reason some Nigerians don't believe and accept whatever they introduce or recommend in term of politic in nigeria.the world of 215 can never be compared to the world of Today. Cost of goods and commodities cost not only in Nigeria but all over the world I am not saying Bihari is not failed but we can't cut the whole head in the name of headache.

3 Likes

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by jconsulting(f): 12:24pm On Apr 21, 2023
onumadu:
I keep coming across this inexplicable view, mostly from our South West compatriots.

Each time South East voters vow to vote for the right/best/most qualified candidate for national elections, they are accused (by some South west people) of being emotional, or sentimental.

Is supporting a thief being unemotional or unsentimental?
Is heartlessness now a virtue?

If you are unemotional or unsentimental in your support for thieves or unqualified candidates, isn't that a mark of wickedness?

When armed robbers or kidnappers catch their victims, they are also unemotional or unsentimental.

Go figure!

What Nigeria needs is EMPATHY and SYMPATHY, both of which a person can never exhibit without sentiments or emotions.

The country is being run by wicked people, but there are Nigerians who want the whole country to adopt their heartlessness as culture.

E no go work o!

You are not making sense.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Legitiscool: 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
onumadu:

He was my governor in Anambra state, and he LAID A GOOD FOUNDATION for Anambra to achieve her destiny.
When I came back home to Anambra after a few years outside Nigeria, I couldn't believe the HUGE transformation that has happened.
The development in Anambra is second to none in Nigeria.
And Anambra people are not people anyone can deceive easily.
So, if Obi did well for Anambra (despite all the challenges he faced from then federal government backed thugs and thieves), he will do well for Nigeria.
I love a FUNCTIONAL AND SUCCESSFUL Nigeria. I do not love a Nigeria turned into a slave chattel by a man who turn Lagos into a slave chattel.
Why is that hard for your kind to understand?
obi is a fraud

Can obi stand shoulder to shoulder with umuahi in terms of infrastructure?

He can't even stand with obiano on infrastructure, what exactly did he lay?

Is it the fraud investing of state money in his bank for fixed deposit return

Obi was a very mediocre gov who doctors went to strike in his era, awuzu sars and security was terrible under him

Is more like the same tinubu that did nothing for Lagos and hide under laid foundation that fashola really did, same is obi

Just that tinubu is better than obi in terms of handling diversity

3 Likes

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2023
onumadu:

You see!
But you had implied that Igbo did not vote for Abiola at all.
Is Anambra state not Igboland?
In fact, anybody that wins Anambra state has won Igboland because it is the biggest Igbo melting pot in whole East.
Anambra has no analogue in South west. Lagos would have been it, but Lagos has other Nigerians there, so cannot match Anambra in terms of ethnic concentration.
Anybody that won Anambra, won significant Igbo votes.

Peter Obi also won only Lagos state in the South west.
Does that now mean that Yorubas didn't vote for him?
Can any rational person surmise that Yorubas did not vote for Peter Obi?

You people should make up your minds whether you want Igbo as compatriots in Nigeria, because you seem to have conspired to ensure that Igbo can never do good in your judgment in Nigeria.
It is either we have one common country or we don't.
Igbo don't really care either way -we are good with a functioning Nigeria, or a new functioning country that is not Nigeria.
This thread is about pushing strongly against merchants and defenders of bad leaders.
You call it being sentimental. I call it being a conscientious human being.
And like I said before, an person who lacks conscience has no right to demand good governance.
Any person who has no conscience deserves to be ruled by thieves and rogues.

Where did I say ibos didn't vote for Abiola at all? Are you following the same discussion I'm following?
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 21, 2023
onumadu:

You sneaked back after I left the thread. That I didn't answer YET did not mean that you won the argument.
Wait for it ...
Next.

Sneaked? Projecting much? I'm waiting.
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 8:03am On Apr 22, 2023
adekolaelect:
Although I recognized your feelings But many Nigerians that carry politic mater for head in the name of election are mojorly those that were wishing Downfall of Nigeria as far back 2015 to 2022 that is the reason some Nigerians don't believe and accept whatever they introduce or recommend in term of politic in nigeria.the world of 215 can never be compared to the world of Today. Cost of goods and commodities cost not only in Nigeria but all over the world I am not saying Bihari is not failed but we can't cut the whole head in the name of headache.

Re-read what you said above in bolded words, and actually THINK about its import.

You mean that Nigerians who reject a public servant or politician based on his performance in the past, are people who don't wish Nigeria well?
In other words, Nigeria is a cult or sect where people must be zombies.

You admitted that Buhari failed, but the difference between you and the people you criticize is that they FORESAW Buhari's failure and
warned you about it. But you (due to Osinbajo being Buhari's VP) refused to reason.

Today after 8 wasted years, the same man wants to hand over to another disaster in waiting, and you want to wait another 8 years.
This your line of reasoning is what makes you a typical black man; the kind that makes Africa the back water of the world.

It is the reason you don't have good schools, pipe borne water, good hospitals, good public infrastructure, good governance, essentially
everything you see in civilized countries of the world where your leaders run to for medical checkups and vacations.

Like I said earlier, people like you have no right to complain of bad governance, but the rest of us absolutely have the right to complain because we can reason and actually want better for ourselves.
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 8:06am On Apr 22, 2023
jconsulting:

You are not making sense.

And you are making sense by trolling.
Keep up your evil work.
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 8:11am On Apr 22, 2023
Legitiscool:
obi is a fraud

Can obi stand shoulder to shoulder with umuahi in terms of infrastructure?

He can't even stand with obiano on infrastructure, what exactly did he lay?

Is it the fraud investing of state money in his bank for fixed deposit return

Obi was a very mediocre gov who doctors went to strike in his era, awuzu sars and security was terrible under him

Is more like the same tinubu that did nothing for Lagos and hide under laid foundation that fashola really did, same is obi

Just that tinubu is better than obi in terms of handling diversity

This thread is not about comparing Igbo leaders. When we get to that stage, every Igbo man and woman in Igboland knows who is who.
As for comparing Obi and Tinubu, the only real equivalent of Tinubu we have in South East is Orji Uzor Kalu ( someone who cornered a whole state's coffers).
Just like Tinubu lost in Lagos, Orji Kalu (if he dares to run for presidency) will lose in Abia state too.
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 8:16am On Apr 22, 2023
SamboAnguissa:

Where did I say ibos didn't vote for Abiola at all? Are you following the same discussion I'm following?

You agree that Igbo voted for Abiola, don't you?
If the answer is affirmative, I rest my case.
Next topic.
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Legitiscool: 8:30am On Apr 22, 2023
onumadu:

This thread is not about comparing Igbo leaders. When we get to that stage, every Igbo man and woman in Igboland knows who is who.
As for comparing Obi and Tinubu, the only real equivalent of Tinubu we have in South East is Orji Uzor Kalu ( someone who cornered a whole state's coffers).
Just like Tinubu lost in Lagos, Orji Kalu (if he dares to run for presidency) will lose in Abia state too.
all this doesn't change the fact that tinubu would rule this country from next month

Better get Biafra before month end

2 Likes

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 8:47am On Apr 22, 2023
Legitiscool:
all this doesn't change the fact that tinubu would rule this country from next month

Better get Biafra before month end

And this is your final submission ... as usual.
The same submission you agents of evil made in 2015, and 8 years after, and the country in near collapse, you are at it again.
Your Buhari is already apologizing for destroying Nigeria.
Your THIEF nubu will finish you patapata. cheesy
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Legitiscool: 8:51am On Apr 22, 2023
onumadu:

And this is your final submission ... as usual.
The same submission you agents of evil made in 2015, and 8 years after, and the country in near collapse, you are at it again.
Your Buhari is already apologizing for destroying Nigeria.
Your THIEF nubu will finish you patapata. cheesy

I didn't support buhari, infact I supported Atiku for 2023 because he was most viable alternative

But the way you igbos are carrying tinubu matter for head, I actually want you people to do your worst

So far it's about shouting drug Baron online or mandate thief, while life goes on in reality

Igbos that have elected tinubu through stupidity of splitting the biggest opposition should allow us all enjoy this dinner and stop crying

1 Like

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 9:11am On Apr 22, 2023
Legitiscool:
I didn't support buhari, infact I[b] supported Atiku for 2023 because he was most viable alternative[/b]
But the way you igbos are carrying tinubu matter for head, I actually want you people to do your worst

So far it's about shouting drug Baron online or mandate thief, while life goes on in reality

Igbos that have elected tinubu through stupidity of splitting the biggest opposition should allow us all enjoy this dinner and stop crying

Okay, I see your grouse.
You are angry that Igbo did not support Atiku, a man who vied for the presidency when he knew about the zoning convention in his party.
A man who knows that Nigeria is a MULTINATIONAL country, and the zoning helps to build unity in the country, and yet his greed did not allow him to allow the south to produce the president after 8 years of northern rule?
You accuse Igbo and tell them to "do your worst", but it is your greed that will divide Nigeria. Quote me.
Mr Emilokan also knows that it is NOT the TURN OF YORUBA to produce president, and HONEST Yoruba men (like Adebanjo) have shouted this fact tirelessly. But to us Igbo, Mr Emilokan's chief sin is not about the turn thing; it is that he is the type of a leader no sensible person should trust with public coffers.
Why?
Because of what he did (and is doing) with Lagos state coffers.
Why should the most populous black country on earth always impose the worst /shadiest leaders in every election?
Why can't we be allowed to choose?
Why RIG the election?
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Legitiscool: 9:20am On Apr 22, 2023
onumadu:

Okay, I see your grouse.
You are angry that Igbo did not support Atiku, a man who vied for the presidency when he knew about the zoning convention in his party.
A man who knows that Nigeria is a MULTINATIONAL country, and the zoning helps to build unity in the country, and yet his greed did not allow him to allow the south to produce the president after 8 years of northern rule?
You accuse Igbo and tell them to "do your worst", but it is your greed that will divide Nigeria. Quote me.
Mr Emilokan also knows that it is NOT the TURN OF YORUBA to produce president, and HONEST Yoruba men (like Adebanjo) have shouted this fact tirelessly. But to us Igbo, Mr Emilokan's chief sin is not about the turn thing; it is that he is the type of a leader no sensible person should trust with public coffers.
Why?
Because of what he did (and is doing) with Lagos state coffers.
Why should the most populous black country on earth always impose the worst /shadiest leaders in every election?
Why can't we be allowed to choose?
Why RIG the election?

You talk of greed when it is Igbo greed that didn't allow them to see reality in 2023.

Before PDP did primaries everyone was saying tinubu would slaughter any Southerner that came out.

And rightly so, which northern muslim was going to leave Muslim Muslim ticket of a ruling party and go for a Christian Muslim ticket headed by Igbo?

You obident we're even the ones happy that Atiku was formidable enough to share northern Muslims votes with tinubu which was the only avenue of hope you had for adaobi

PDP was correct to have fielded Atiku as a opposition chasing power you go for strength first and it worked, atiku came second just with 90% of his votes from North

Adaobi that was banging on Christian undivided votes didn't see Second even when Muslims shared votes into three

If Adaobi had gotten PDP ticket Godforbid tinubu would have cleared NW/NE/NC/SW

If obi the fraud didn't mislead SE/SS there was no.amount of rigging that would have helped tinubu so stop crying rigging when you helped tinubu to it

1 Like

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by tsdarkside(m): 9:25am On Apr 22, 2023
nobody cares who igbos vote....
but makin noise about it is annoyin....

why this,why that....
we told una to go get your pvcs,but una didnt listen....

makin noise day and night will just make people angry at you....
no be only una have a brain....people have their reasons to prefer tinubu....just respect their views and move on....
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by adekolaelect(m): 9:53am On Apr 22, 2023
onumadu:

Re-read what you said above in bolded words, and actually THINK about its import.

You mean that Nigerians who reject a public servant or politician based on his performance in the past, are people who don't wish Nigeria well?
In other words, Nigeria is a cult or sect where people must be zombies.

You admitted that Buhari failed, but the difference between you and the people you criticize is that they FORESAW Buhari's failure and
warned you about it. But you (due to Osinbajo being Buhari's VP) refused to reason.

Today after 8 wasted years, the same man wants to hand over to another disaster in waiting, and you want to wait another 8 years.
This your line of reasoning is what makes you a typical black man; the kind that makes Africa the back water of the world.

It is the reason you don't have good schools, pipe borne water, good hospitals, good public infrastructure, good governance, essentially
everything you see in civilized countries of the world where your leaders run to for medical checkups and vacations.

Like I said earlier, people like you have no right to complain of bad governance, but the rest of us absolutely have the right to complain because we can reason and actually want better for ourselves.
ok tell me Your choice of presidency is the best for nigeria? I hope all you mentioned about what Nigeria lack are in Anambra where obi was the governor? You assumed Tinubu who was ex governor like obi is a disaster but obi who has no legacy is a measier ? Can you tell me what obi did in Anambra that made him more better than Tinibu when they were governor ? Or you are just typing base on your emotional feeling or your perceived interest.

5 Likes

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 22, 2023
onumadu:

You agree that Igbo voted for Abiola, don't you?
If the answer is affirmative, I rest my case.
Next topic.

It seems logic is not your strongest fort. Lemme break it down so that you'll understand. You said ibos always voted for best candidates. I said they voted Tofa over Abiola. You said but some ibos voted for Abiola, that it proved your point. From the above, you've got no point. Why? because if you're insinuating that ibos voted for Obi because he was the best candidate, and it was only ibos that realized that, then it means from your "logic" above that all tribes in Nigeria also voted for the best candidates too, because at least in each tribe you have people that voted for Obi. Except you'll go on another mental gymnastics and say only ibos voted for Obi.

1 Like

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 3:49pm On Apr 22, 2023
adekolaelect:
ok tell me Your choice of presidency is the best for nigeria? I hope all you mentioned about what Nigeria lack are in Anambra where obi was the governor? [/b]You assumed Tinubu who was ex governor like obi is a disaster but obi who has no legacy is a measier ? [b]Can you tell me what obi did in Anambra that made him more better than Tinibu when they were governor ? Or you are just typing base on your emotional feeling or your perceived interest.

I would tell you ONE thing that Obi did in Anambra state that Tinubu did not do in Lagos.

And that same thing is what is lacking in Nigeria.

Peter Obi defeated all the god-fathers (and even insecurity, but let me stick to god-fathers issue).
But in Lagos, Tinubu is the god-father!

Today, whenever governorship elections come up, Anambra people go to polls and elect the best in their own assessment without any thugs hounding them!

Since Obi left office, there has been a NEW CULTURE OF POLITICAL MATURITY AND SANITY in Anambra state.

Contrast that with Lagos, where only Tinubu's appointees (till date) can contest and win guber election.
And if anyone else dared to contest, his supporters and opposition voters are TERRORIZED and killed.

Former Lagos deputy governor even feared for her life.

Such nonsense was buried PERMANENTLY in Anambra state by Peter Obi

You see the electoral heist that happened under Buhari during the last election?

After a Peter Obi presidency, Nigeria would NEVER AGAIN witness such brazen display of criminality and illegality.

I can write a book on what Obi did, but people like you who peddle in APC narratives would still find ways to deny it.

That is why I said that anybody who lacks emotions and sentiments lacks conscience.

And anyone who lacks consciences has no right to complain about bad leadership.
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 4:08pm On Apr 22, 2023
SamboAnguissa:

It seems logic is not your strongest fort. Lemme break it down so that you'll understand. You said ibos always voted for best candidates. I said they voted Tofa over Abiola. You said but some ibos voted for Abiola, that it proved your point.
From the above, you've got no point. Why? because if you're insinuating that ibos voted for Obi because he was the best candidate, and it was only ibos that realized that, then it means from your "logic" above that all tribes in Nigeria also voted for the best candidates too, because at least in each tribe you have people that voted for Obi.
Except you'll go on another mental gymnastics and say only ibos voted for Obi.

What you are doing is an old game called DIVERSION.

You are really only trying to divert from the point of the original post.

And what is the point in the OP?

It is that some people accuse Obi supporters (and even Jonathan supporters back in 2015) of being sentimental and emotional.
Is Jonathan not better than the Buharian disaster?

And I then wondered why voting for a better candidate is an emotional (as if emotions are bad) exercise.

I then surmised that people who can't show emotion actually lack empathy, and if you lack empathy you also lack conscience, and if you lack conscience no leader owes you anything. Why would a leader care for a wicked person?

You see, that is why Nigeria has no electricity, no pipe-borne water, no good hospitals, no good schools, massive youth unemployment, etc.
But the killer is that the same leaders you vote for unsentimentally, destroy even your own future and those of your children and, because you lack conscience, you can't see or care about it.

Whether Peter Obi is the better candidate in the last election should have been given a free and fair trial at the polls.
But that is not what happened.
Instead election was stolen, and because the election was stolen, you are here now trying to engage me in futile academic exercise.
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 4:43pm On Apr 22, 2023
tsdarkside:
nobody cares who igbos vote....
but makin noise about it is annoyin....

why this,why that....
we told una to go get your pvcs,but una didnt listen....

makin noise day and night will just make people angry at you....
no be only una have a brain....people have their reasons to prefer tinubu....just respect their views and move on....

But the problem is that Tinubu stole the elections!
Had Tinubu won freely, people would have moved on.
Nigeria actually had a chance to rebuild unity during the last election, but Tinubu stole it.
Now you want others to move on.
yeye dey smell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Efcc Storms Abia Over N3.3bn Scam - Goes After Gov’s Wife, Commissioner. / Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook Status About Settler/indigene Issue In Nigeria / I Can’t Abandon Jonathan Now–mark !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.