Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,751 members, 7,851,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:11 PM

How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? (2537 Views)

Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Tweet Of Adamu Supporting The Death Of Deborah / Why Afenifere Is Supporting Peter Obi – Adebanjo / 2019: Why My Son Is Supporting Buhari – Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 1:47am On Apr 19, 2023
Odogwuzack:

The very few weak and gullible minds you decieved with your lies.

So, what is the lie in my comment?
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 1:52am On Apr 19, 2023
DiscoverID:
Like I supported the right of igbo people to produce the president of this country this time at the beginning, and i don't care whoever the person is, so far he is an igbo man because for equity, fairness and justice to prevail, Igbo people must produce the president of this country, but the fascist movement under obidient is what I can't live with. Why should I be forced to support someone that is infallible according to his supporters? Someone that does no wrong?

Let me tell you something, if you REALLY believed in voting for competence and transparent/accountable leadership for Nigeria, NOTHING would make you stop supporting Obi.
What you are doing here is called being clever by half.
I supported candidate A, but because his supporters did this and that, I changed my mind! cheesy cheesy
Are you voting for the candidate or his supporters?
Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Odogwuzack: 1:55am On Apr 19, 2023
onumadu:

Let me tell you something, if you REALLY believed in voting for competence and transparent/accountable leadership for Nigeria, NOTHING would make you stop supporting Obi.
I supported candidate A, but because his supporters did this and that, I changed my mind! cheesy cheesy
Yeye dey smell.

If your intention about this country is genuine, nothing will ever make you support Obi.

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing

Sadly most persons that said the truth about him then are calling him Nigeria Messiah now because of tribalism. Shame on you bigots!

8 Likes

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by DiscoverID: 1:59am On Apr 19, 2023
onumadu:

But how do you explain the fact that South east has the best human development indices in Nigeria?
Tell me one state in South west that is better than ANY south east state (minus our collectively owned Lagos, of course).
Is it in education?
Health?
income per capita?
Infrastructure?
Debt?
Show me, or accept that fact that south east governors on average performed better than your south west governors.
How else can one judge performance?

Nwannem, hapu maka biko, hapu'm English grammar gi. Anum na awka at the moment....maybe with this my poorly written igbo language you would understand that you are not dealing with an outsider. I have live here long enough to actually speak in bits, but I will never disrespect igboland or say something bad about the people here except when confronting hypocrites like you.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 1:59am On Apr 19, 2023
Odogwuzack:

If your intention about this country is genuine, nothing will ever make you support Obi.

He was my governor in Anambra state, and he LAID A GOOD FOUNDATION for Anambra to achieve her destiny.
When I came back home to Anambra after a few years outside Nigeria, I couldn't believe the HUGE transformation that has happened.
The development in Anambra is second to none in Nigeria.
And Anambra people are not people anyone can deceive easily.
So, if Obi did well for Anambra (despite all the challenges he faced from then federal government backed thugs and thieves), he will do well for Nigeria.
I love a FUNCTIONAL AND SUCCESSFUL Nigeria. I do not love a Nigeria turned into a slave chattel by a man who turn Lagos into a slave chattel.
Why is that hard for your kind to understand?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Odogwuzack: 2:01am On Apr 19, 2023
onumadu:

He was my governor in Anambra state, and he LAID A GOOD FOUNDATION for Anambra to achieve her destiny.
When I came back home to Anambra after a few years outside Nigeria, I couldn't believe the HUGE transformation that has happened.
The development in Anambra is second to none in Nigeria.
And Anambra people are not people anyone can deceive easily.
So, if Obi did well for Anambra (despite all the challenges he faced from then federal government backed thugs and thieves), he will do well for Nigeria.
I love a FUNCTIONAL AND SUCCESSFUL Nigeria. I do not love a Nigeria turned into a slave chattel by a man who turn Lagos into a slave chattel.
Why is that hard for your kind to understand?

These are the real Anambrarians talking....

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing

1 Like

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by DiscoverID: 2:03am On Apr 19, 2023
onumadu:

Yeye dey smell.

I don't believe in voting for competency when it comes to the president of Nigeria. I believe in the rights of all major ethnic groups to be producing presidents in a zoning pattern.
If Every major tribe is allowed to produce president at some point in time, then tribalism will die naturally.
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Ayodeoba: 2:04am On Apr 19, 2023
onumadu:

At least since for the last 20 years, Anambra state has been better run than ANY south west state. QUOTE ME.
For a state that was not among oil producing states to constantly rank high in terms of development indices, is something to study.
And Anambra is already being studied by other states.
That legacy was laid by GOOD leaders like Peter G Obi.
Funnily enough, the rest of Nigerians who haven't lost their conscience to tribalism took note of Obi, and voted overwhelmingly for him.
That is why the STOLEN MANDATE MUST BE RECOVERED .
nawao ! The same obi you guys have castigated here on naira land during his tenure as anambra governor is who you call messiah now. Funny way you guys thinks
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 2:05am On Apr 19, 2023
DiscoverID:

Nwannem, hapu maka biko, hapu'm English grammar gi. Anum na awka at the moment....maybe with this my poorly written igbo language you would understand that you are not dealing with an outsider. I have live here long enough to actually speak in bits, but I will never disrespect igboland or say something bad about the people here except when confronting hypocrites like you.

But Anambra is a COSMOPOLITAN state these days. So, you are welcome to stay and grow there. It is MY state. cool
If you know me, you would not remotely use the word "hypocrite" to describe me.
You can go through my posts here in Nairaland.
I am INCORRUPTIBLE and IMPECCABLY OPPOSED TO EVIL LEADERS.
I am like Ayo Adebanjo of Yorubaland. cool
It is a spiritual mission, for me.
Show me a proof, that Tinubu is a better human being (never even mind a leader) than Peter Obi, and I would in an instance stop supporting Obi.
Every available evidence shows that Obi is a more competent (in light of Nigeria's struggles with corruption), and trustworthy leader.
And Nigerians know this truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by DiscoverID: 2:11am On Apr 19, 2023
You won't see me posting pictures of places or speaking about how I am being treated here sometimes, because this is what is obtainable everywhere in this country. I was in agulu 2 days ago, but i won't post pictures or say something bad about some places I see just because I want to discredit Peter obi, I won't say something bad about agulu people because I don't like peter obi because I have met countless people some from his kindred that see him as weak and deceiver.
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Ayodeoba: 2:13am On Apr 19, 2023
onumadu:

And your state is heaven. Abi?
Unsentimenal demon.
Keep electing thieves.

we re electing thieves but you can’t stop coming to the region who keeps electing thieves. The way most of you reasons ehn do baffles me

4 Likes

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 2:16am On Apr 19, 2023
Ayodeoba:
nawao ! The same obi you guys have castigated here on naira land during his tenure as anambra governor is who you call messiah now. Funny way you guys think s

When Obi was governor, a lot of Anambra people didn't really understand what he was trying to do then.
You know that Nigerians are used to leaders who bamboozle them with flashy white elephant projects.
The people of Anambra state started to understand and appreciate Obi AFTER he left office, and the result sheets became available.
It turned out that Obi single handedly delivered Anambra state and set a SOLID legacy of good governance.
If not for Peter Obi, there would be no Gov. Soludo today. QUOTE ME.
Anambra was a den of political thieves. Obi ended that, for good.
He then proceeded to lay the foundation upon which Anambra today is sitting. And IRREVOCABLE foundation.

If Obi becomes Nigeria's president, he will trigger a transformation that would ensure that only honest/competent leaders would be vying for Nigeria's presidency in the future.
The years of the locusts would be over, for good.

1 Like

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by DiscoverID: 2:17am On Apr 19, 2023
onumadu:

But Anambra is a COSMOPOLITAN state these days. So, you are welcome to stay and grow there. It is MY state. cool
If you know me, you would not remotely use the word "hypocrite" to describe me.
You can go through my posts here in Nairaland.
I am INCORRUPTIBLE and IMPECCABLY OPPOSED TO EVIL LEADERS.
I am like Ayo Adebanjo or Yorubaland. cool
It is a spiritual mission, for me.
Show me a proof, that Tinubu is a better human being (never even mind a leader) than Peter Obi, and I would in an instance stop supporting Obi.
Every available evidence shows that Obi is a more competent (in light of Nigeria's struggles with corruption), and trustworthy leader.
And Nigerians know this truth.

I have been coming to igboland on regular basis, since 2010, and trust me, i know this state more than you, 😎
The earlier we start supporting a generally acceptable igboman the better. For instance, Rochas okorocha can easily become the president of this country without stress, you may wanna have your reservations about him, but people like can easily win all regions.

1 Like

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 2:22am On Apr 19, 2023
DiscoverID:
You won't see me posting pictures of places or speaking about how I am being treated here sometimes, because this is what is obtainable everywhere in this country. I was in agulu 2 days ago, but i won't post pictures or say something bad about some places I see just because I want to discredit Peter obi, I won't say something bad about agulu people because I don't like peter obi because I have met countless people some from his kindred that see him as weak and deceiver.

His Agulu people won't speak good of him because he did not behave like Ngige who used Anambra state money to build all the roads in his own LGA. Agulu people went to Obi to demand more from him (as their son), and Obi told them pointblank that Anambra state has 21 LGAs, and he is the governor of the whole state, and not governor of Agulu.
Most Anambra people know this story.
So, next? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by DiscoverID: 2:25am On Apr 19, 2023
We must have rotational presidents in this country to have peace. Neither Joe Biden nor Donald Trump are the best candidate in πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ or Rushi Sunak,Theresa May, Boris Johnson are/were the best people for that office.

Presidency is about expediency and not competency.
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 2:26am On Apr 19, 2023
DiscoverID:

I have been coming to igboland on regular basis, since 2010, and trust me, i know this state more than you, 😎
The earlier we start supporting a generally acceptable igboman the better. For instance, Rochas okorocha can easily become the president of this country without stress, you may wanna have your reservations about him, but people like can easily win all regions.

But his Imo state people won't agree with him, because they accuse him of building shady infrastructure.
When he left office, his Imo people celebrated and vowed never again.
Why would you want an Igbo candidate with incompetent records, instead of one with competent records?
You see why I say that Igbo people don't vote bad leaders?
If you put Rochas on the ballot, he will lose in ALL South east states.

1 Like

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 2:33am On Apr 19, 2023
DiscoverID:

I don't believe in voting for competency when it comes to the president of Nigeria. I believe in the rights of all major ethnic groups to be producing presidents in a zoning pattern.
If Every major tribe is allowed to produce president at some point in time, then tribalism will die naturally.

Well, good idea, but Peter Obi ran on competence rather than tribe or region.
He told Nigerians to vote for him based on his records and what he promises to do, not based on his tribe or religion, etc.
All that is needed at this point is for justice to be done, and seem to be done.
If the judiciary conducts a THOROUGH judicial process and in the end concludes that Tinubu won fairly and should be sworn in, I believe that even Peter Obi would lead the way to congratulate Tinubu, and the country would move on.
But if justice is not done, then Nigeria's future becomes really bleak for many reasons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by DiscoverID: 2:34am On Apr 19, 2023
onumadu:

His Agulu people won't speak good of him because he did not behave like Ngige who used Anambra state money to build all the roads in his own LGA. Agulu people went to Obi to demand more from him (as their son), and Obi told them pointblank that Anambra state has 21 LGAs, and he is the governor of the whole state, and not governor of Agulu.
Most Anambra people know this story.
So, next? grin
See ehn, let's not go into details, like I said I won't be saying much about Peter Obi again, elections are over.
Now give me Rochas Okorocha, or Oji Uzo Kalu.
Who cares if they are this and that? You think most people that voted for Tinubu don't know about his thieving tendencies and kleptomania?
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 2:38am On Apr 19, 2023
DiscoverID:

See ehn, let's not go into details, like I said I won't be saying much about Peter Obi again, elections are over.
Now give me Rochas Okorocha, or Oji Uzo Kalu.
Who cares if they are this and that? You think most people that voted for Tinubu don't know about his thieving tendencies and kleptomania?

You see!
This is where a camel would pass through the eye of the needle before Igbo would support such leaders.
Ain't happening in a million years.
You are in south east, and you should know the people by now.
Buhari lost in South east throughout the years he was running with Igbo VPs.
There is a reason for it.

1 Like

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by DiscoverID: 2:39am On Apr 19, 2023
onumadu:

But his Imo state people won't agree with him, because they accuse him of building shady infrastructure.
When he left office, his Imo people celebrated and vowed never again.
Why would you want an Igbo candidate with incompetent records, instead of one with competent records?
You see why I say that Igbo people don't vote bad leaders?
If you put Rochas on the ballot, he will lose in ALL South east states.

Even if he does, he will still win the presidency, after all, the last 3 elections have proven that with or without south eastern votes, one can still win.

Now, no matter what you think about Rochas okorocha, he will be a better president than Peter Obi, we can continue to argue this from now to eternity.
Rocahs is generally more acceptable across all regions and that's the biggest criteria to become the president of Nigeria as per the current arrangements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by DiscoverID: 2:45am On Apr 19, 2023
onumadu:

You see!
This is where a camel would pass through the eye of the needle before Igbo would support such leaders.
Ain't happening in a million years.
You are in south east, and you should know the people by now.
Buhari lost in South east throughout the years he was running with Igbo VPs.
There is a reason for it.

Nah, we need to start having rethink about this president of a thing. All what a president should poses in my own opinion is the political will and compassion to take the right decisions.

You think Joe Biden is better than Donald Trump?
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Difrent: 3:39am On Apr 19, 2023
onumadu:

At least since for the last 20 years, Anambra state has been better run than ANY south west state. QUOTE ME.
For a state that was not among oil producing states to constantly rank high in terms of development indices, is something to study.
And Anambra is already being studied by other states.
That legacy was laid by GOOD leaders like Peter G Obi.
Funnily enough, the rest of Nigerians who haven't lost their conscience to tribalism took note of Obi, and voted overwhelmingly for him.
That is why the STOLEN MANDATE MUST BE RECOVERED .

You people still FAILED
I out of 5 states is 20% .....F9
How can you know how to chose good presidents but fail in chosing good governors. No matter the amount of emotional blackmail, IGBOS ARE FAILURES WHEN IT COMES TO CHOSING THEIR GOVERNORS
Who then trusts a man that is putting out his neighbours house on fire while his own house burns

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by EastAlchemist: 5:30am On Apr 19, 2023
Because it comes out of onumadu

1 Like

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:28am On Apr 19, 2023
naijapips04:
Obi, the 'right' candidate that couldn't fix Anambra in 8 years.
But Anambra is among the top 5 states in Nigeria today better than Osun where tinubu ran away from

1 Like

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 19, 2023
onumadu:

I chose the term "right candidate" deliberately, because it can be proven easily that South east supported better candidates.

Is Jonathan not better than Buhari (looking back now)?
And if your answer is that Buhari is better, then how can you accuse Jonathan supporters of being sentimental?
On what basis did you support Buhari over Jonathan?
Is Nigeria not a mess today compared with when Jonathan was president? Heck Nigeria today cannot even conduct a free and fair election!

As for Tinubu... every unsentimental thinking person cannot even dream of supporting him! The man even lost in a state he governed for 8 years!
But his supporters are calling others sentimental?
I keep saying that the reason Nigeria cannot produce and supply 24/7 electricity is because people in Nigeria embrace darkness as a spiritual principle even without knowing.
How can you support darkness, and expect light?

SE support better candidates? Now, I'd love you to explain whatever in this world made Tofa a better candidate than Abiola in 1993.

3 Likes

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Odogwuzack: 10:15am On Apr 19, 2023
SamboAnguissa:

SE support better candidates? Now, I'd love you to explain whatever in this world made Tofa a better candidate than Abiola in 1993.

Don't mind the clown. The only state Abiola marginally won in SE is Anambra.

They even protested against Anambra election because Igbos overwhelmingly supported Tofa against Abiola.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by naijapips04: 10:22am On Apr 19, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
But Anambra is among the top 5 states in Nigeria today better than Osun where tinubu ran away from

Top 5 in kidnapping and unknown gun men.

1 Like

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by Exclusive101: 10:42am On Apr 19, 2023
As your father proven that in court or you are just ranting like a dolt

onumadu:

But he STOLE the election.
And you know that he stole the election.
If he is the best, why did he need to rig the election?
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 3:04pm On Apr 19, 2023
SamboAnguissa:

Did Tofa (I don't even want to discuss whether he is the less competent person) win South east hands down?
Didn't considerable Igbo population vote for Abiola?
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 3:06pm On Apr 19, 2023
Odogwuzack:

Don't mind the clown. The only state Abiola marginally won in SE is Anambra.

They even protested against Anambra election because Igbos overwhelmingly supported Tofa against Abiola.

This satanic CLOWN, Anambra people didn't have to vote for Abiola since he was a Yoruba man. But they did.
If we are as animalistically tribalistic as your people, we would not have touched Abiola with a long pole.
Your clownish projections of your evil proclivities on others will not work.
Keep serving satan faithfully.
Atulu. cool
Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 3:10pm On Apr 19, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:

Don't mind them!
They will not see it. In fact they avoid that statistical fact like a plague.
But it remains the truth.
Anambra is effectively THIRD in Nigeria economically speaking. I was even shocked to see that Anambra topped Kano state.
Let them keep deceiving themselves.
There is a reason for such quick transformation of the state.
One of the reasons is the man they want to de-market and paint bad - Peter Gregory Obi.
They want to rob the man of his EARNED legacy.
It won't work.
And the STOLEN MANDATE MUST BE RECOVERED.

1 Like

Re: How Is Supporting The Right Candidate Being Emotional Or Sentimental? by onumadu: 3:20pm On Apr 19, 2023
EastAlchemist:
Because it comes out of onumadu

Yep! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Before You Rejoice About Tinubu's Presidency Remember Uba Was Governor For 17 Da / 24 Hour Curfew Imposed In Adamawa As Youths Go On Rampage, Loot Shops. (pics) / Pictures Of Lucky Igbinedion's House - Seized By Efcc!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.