Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana (74545 Views)

See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 / The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina / See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by soojar(m): 2:50pm On Apr 27, 2023
brain54:

You got that prostitution part right…

Maybe 7 are Nigerians and the rest 3 out of the 10 other nationalities.

If my Ghanaian friends want mock or insult me na wetin dem Dey use get me be that. And he go just Dey pain me because I no go fit get anything to counter the argument.

Nigerian prostitutes plenty for Ghana. In fact people associate prostitution with Nigeria.

But some of those other nationals falsely claim to be Nigerians too!

You are very correct, and most of them claim to be students. So if an average Ghananian sees a Nigerian girl that says she is a student the next thing is to start pricing you. I know of an exchange student (nursing) that went to Ghana for 2 years, she was so embarrassed in her first 6months she had to call me to know what's going on, because of so much harrassment, like the guys would be genuinely shocked to see her saying no or getting offended when they start pricing her immediately she says she is a student, the next thing that comes out their mouth is that "are you not a Nigerian?"

I told her she would get over it, and she did. After about 6months she wasn't shocked (in the voice of Buhari) anymore, only embarrassed when she now realized that it's not those guys' fault but our people that have messed up our name.

At the bolded. Those nationals actually respect their countries (maybe apart from Liberians) and don't want to tarnish the image of their countries so they would rather claim Nigerian (since our name don kuku ma first spoil) than their real country.

Yet you see many Nigerians trouping there everyday, to go and do what? It's when they get there they realize they are living in paradise in Nigeria compared to Ghana, (take out the security aspect).

We learn everyday
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Evestar200(f): 2:53pm On Apr 27, 2023
joe4christ:

That's not an excuse. With the vast land, economic advantage and free gift of nature but human and natural resources this nation is blessed with, if Ghana were to be blessed with 40% of what we have I believe they would have sold that Tomato for 30 naira instead. With everything we are blessed with as a nation we should be competing with Dubai and other developed countries.
So Ghana is not Blessed?

Do Nigeria have the kind of Resources Ghana have?

I don't know why you people come up with how Nigeria is blessed with this and that.

All countries on earth are blessed with different kinds of Natural Resources equally, It all depends on how the leaders of that country manage their resources.

Ghana have some of the things we have and we have some of the things they have also.

2 Likes

Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 27, 2023
Our soil, resources, climate and resourcefulness is what makes us great, and we will be great forever, regardless.
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 27, 2023
Evestar200:
So Ghana is not Blessed?

Do Nigeria have the kind of Resources Ghana have?

I don't know why you people come up with how Nigeria is blessed with this and that.

All countries on earth are blessed with different kinds of Natural Resources equally, It all depends on how the leaders of that country manage their resources.

Ghana have some of the things we have and we have some of the things they have also.
You sound like a kid if you try to compare Nigeria's resources or economy to Ghana's, apart from size Ghana is a dwarf compared to Nigeria. Check out the numbers, it's on google, no need arguing here. I just saw your picture, you are actually very young.
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Evestar200(f): 3:01pm On Apr 27, 2023
JDistribute:

You sound like a kid if you try to compare Nigeria's resources or economy to Ghana's, apart from size Ghana is a dwarf compared to Nigeria. Check out the numbers, it's on google, no need arguing here. I just saw your picture, you are actually very young.
you that sounds like a 100 years old man, tell me if you have more Gold than Ghana or you produce more Cocoa than Ghana.

Always telling us if Ghana have the kind of Natural Resources Nigeria have they would have been this and that.

Why don't you people say the same thing like if they have the same population like us they would have been a better country than the USA?

How are they With their Gold, Cocoa, and Oil?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 27, 2023
Evestar200:
you that sounds like a 100 years old man, tell me if you have more Gold than Ghana or you produce more Cocoa than Ghana.

Always telling us if Ghana have the kind of Natural Resources Nigeria have they would have been this and that.

Why don't you people say the same thing like if they have the same population like us they would have been a better country than the USA?

How are they With their Gold, Cocoa, and Oil?
We have Gold, cocoa and more oil than Ghana, we have Brent crude, the best variety of crude. We have limestone, iron ore, bitumen, leather, our soil is richer than Ghana's, our weather is better, this shows in our array of foods and delicacies, and Nigerians are more resourceful people than Ghanians naturally, all these are natural endowments. But as you grow older you will learn and know these for yourself. You are smart though for a young Nigerian girl, opening politics thread. Impressive.

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Godsownfc(m): 3:06pm On Apr 27, 2023
Bluntguy:
Ghana Nairalanders oya, over to una.
Do we have Ghanaians here too?
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Ken4Christ: 3:08pm On Apr 27, 2023
Evestar200:
is 10,000 Ghana Cedis in reality.

Is only ignorant Nigerians that usually say the Cedi is higher than Naira

One Ghana Cedi is 38.6 Naira.
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Evestar200(f): 3:19pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ken4Christ:

One Ghana Cedi is 38.6 Naira.
Another one grin angry grin >:

One Ghana cedi is 10,000 Ghana cedis.

In 2007 Ghana removed four Zeros turning 10,000 Ghana cedis into 1 cedi so that they can be able to balance accounts because people are being paid in Millions and Billions and buying foodstuffs in millions and Billions just like what is happening in Zimbabwe right now.

The Re-denomination also caused the high inflation rate they are experiencing today.

For example, if Nigeria removes three zeros from Naira, 10,000 naira will become 10naira, 500 will become 50 kobos, and 1 million will become 1,000 and that won't change anything in the economy, but reduce the high denominations in your account and hands.

So in reality, Naira is higher than Cedis.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Evestar200(f): 3:28pm On Apr 27, 2023
Kcdojoto:
I think dollar to Naira was around 80 Naira to 1 Dollar then and after they removed all the zeros in their notes 1ghc was almost equivalent to one Dollar, I was surprised that is now just 38 Naira to 1ghc that means very soon Naira will overtake it

Naira will soon overtake it because the currency is depreciating faster than Naira, people don't see this because of the four Zeros they removed earlier.

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Swaelyf(f): 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2023
you are a thief
Motirayo2018:
I bought this 400 hundred naira
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by chudez0147(m): 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2023
Op can lie for africa. 10 cedis can never be 380naira . 10 cedis is 800naira
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Shattuck(m): 4:55pm On Apr 27, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Ask how I knew!
agbadorians una 🧠 dey always slow, she already stated she lives in Kaduna, this one still dey say " ask how I knew" mumu people.
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by webizone(m): 5:37pm On Apr 27, 2023
Evestar200:
don't mind me, I only add three zeros instead of four grin grin grin.

Ghana, Rwanda and Zimbabwe have the highest inflation in Africa

No wonder then, that they are the most vocal against foreign powers that keep taking their resources of recent, with Ghana threatening to back their currency with gold. But it's a little late for all these now.
Nigeria is still sleeping, doing all the corruption it does, and allowing the bulk of our commonwealth to go overseas until everything crashes, then they will start disturbing us with "reforms". Case in point, I can't pay for my facebook ads now through debit cards because this government didn't expand our economy to earn foreign exchange, yet they steal the gains from the oil trades.Typical african leaders.
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Pacyrus(m): 5:44pm On Apr 27, 2023
Simeony007:
They never Cedís Coming
wahala grin
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:42pm On Apr 27, 2023
Evestar200:

I bought this one (both pepper) N150
Show off smiley
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Deepthoughts: 8:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
Evestar200:
A Ghanaian is complaining about the high rise in foodstuffs prices after buying six seeds of tomatoes for 10 Ghana cedis (N380).

According to him the tomatoes he bought for 10 Ghana cedis (380) were sold for 5 Ghana cedis (N190) a few weeks ago.
one may be tempted at first to assume that by this Ghana is very expensive but this may not be correct,just assume for a moment that those tomatoes were to cost #10 in Nigeria n 380 cedis in Ghana!,of course we will feel great,to me,I would rather buy those tomatoes in Ghana at 10 cedis than #380 in Nigeria.By the way, please can anyone here explain to me the practical effects of having a global uniform exchange rate for all currencies?
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Kcdojoto(m): 8:30pm On Apr 27, 2023
Evestar200:

Naira will soon overtake it because the currency is depreciating faster than Naira, people don't see this because of the four Zeros they removed earlier.
so true, I can see
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by 77up(m): 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2023
Evestar200:

I bought this one (both pepper) N150
Your cooking condition is scary, maybe because I have phobia for electricity, can't even fix a faulty socket
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Evestar200(f): 9:13pm On Apr 27, 2023
77up:
Your cooking condition is scary, maybe because I have phobia of electricity, can't even fix a faulty socket
so I should be wasting my money on Gas when I have steady light?

Before I bought the hot plate I was using more than 4kg a month but now 2kg can sustain me for two months and some days.
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Smartwave: 9:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
Evestar200:
I live in Kaduna and I bought it at Sabo Market for N150
You are right, it will cost just #100 in Bauchi.
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:27pm On Apr 27, 2023
It's #500 here in Ibadan.
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by wilyparker(m): 3:42am On Apr 28, 2023
Evestar200:

In 2007 Ghana removed four Zeros turning 10,000 Ghana cedis into 1 cedi so that they can be able to balance accounts because people are being paid in Millions and Billions and buying foodstuffs in millions and Billions just like what is happening in Zimbabwe right now.

The Re-denomination also caused the high inflation rate they are experiencing today.

For example, if Nigeria removes three zeros from Naira, 10,000 naira will become 10naira, 500 will become 50 kobos, and 1 million will become 1,000 and that won't change anything in the economy, but reduce the high denominations in your account and hands.

You are right, before the redenomination of the "second Cedis" to the current "Ghana Cedis" exchange rate to the dollar was as high as 96000
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Ade3000yrs(m): 3:59am On Apr 28, 2023
Evestar200:
A Ghanaian is complaining about the high rise in foodstuffs prices after buying six seeds of tomatoes for 10 Ghana cedis (N380).

According to him the tomatoes he bought for 10 Ghana cedis (380) were sold for 5 Ghana cedis (N190) a few weeks ago.
10 GH cedis meant equivalent of Nigerian #1000 not #380. 20 GH Cedis is #2000
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Bluntemperor: 7:17am On Apr 28, 2023
Evestar200:
don't mind me, I only add three zeros instead of four grin grin grin.
Ghana, Rwanda and Zimbabwe have the highest inflation in Africa

God bless Nigeria and Nigerians!
The Truth is that Nigeria can actually feed the whole Africa,if those Gun- trotting Herdsmen and Kidnappers can be dislodged,we should feed and exports to the rest of the World.
Those perpetuating these local criminals are within that localities of each State but they are just using the Youth,who are mostly unemployed to commit atrocities and govt must rise up to the Security challenges of different regions in Nigeria.its doable.
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by morikee: 7:49am On Apr 28, 2023
Evestar200:
That rain that almost destroyed my things🤪🤪
It almost caught me too 😅 wahala for dey
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by morikee: 7:53am On Apr 28, 2023
Evestar200:
things are cheaper at Barkin Dogo but I only go to Central Market when I am close to that area or Kurmi Mashi.

I live close to Sabo, So Sabo Market is closer to me or the Small market at Sabo-Garage Road opposite Deeper Life Church.

Oh nice e don tey wey i go Sabo, back then use to follow through when I'm going to NNPC Refinery

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by grandstar(m): 8:17am On Apr 28, 2023
Evestar200:
is 10,000 Ghana Cedis in reality.

Is only ignorant Nigerians that usually say the Cedi is higher than Naira

The Cedi is numerically stronger than Nigeria. In 2007, it was made $1- 1Cedi.

Sadly, due to large fiscal deficits, the currency continues to depreciate rapidly, Today, it is $1-11.92. Lets just say 12 Cedis
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Evestar200(f): 8:33am On Apr 28, 2023
grandstar:

The Cedi is numerically stronger than Nigeria. In 2007, it was made $1- 1Cedi.

Sadly, due to large fiscal deficits, the currency continues to depreciate rapidly, Today, it is $1-11.92. Lets just say 12 Cedis

lol

Where did you get this from? So if Nigeria removed three zeroes from Naira now you will come here and say Naira is stronger than dollar or South Africa rand because is now 1 dollar to 45 or 50 kobo?

Go back and research, Ghana removed four Zeros from their currency so that they can be able to balance their account.
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by Ken4Christ: 9:47am On Apr 28, 2023
Evestar200:

You don't use their old exchange rate since it has changed.
Re: See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana by grandstar(m): 10:55am On Apr 28, 2023
Evestar200:
lol

Where did you get this from? So if Nigeria removed three zeroes from Naira now you will come here and say Naira is stronger than dollar or South Africa rand because is now 1 dollar to 45 or 50 kobo?

Go back and research, Ghana removed four Zeros from their currency so that they can be able to balance their account.

I never said that!

I'll prefer to save my money in South Korea Won which is a 4 digit currency than the Brazilian Real.

Currency redenomination changes nothing. What is vital that the broom used to sweep the first wife away is not waiting to sweep the new one too. Sadly, the broom is still waiting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Hilarious No Sex Notice Pasted At Tanterlizer / List Of Items I Just Purchased With N800 Today In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / Food Vendor Using Diabolical Means To Attract Customers Caught In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.