Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,118 members, 7,849,493 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:32 PM

I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? (54545 Views)

8 Things A Woman Will Do If She Is Completely In Love With You / I Mistakenly Had Sex With My Sister-in-law, Now She's Blackmailing Me / Help Me I'm In Love With Him!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by Saidfx(m): 7:29pm On Apr 18, 2023
theophorus:
Kill that Love if you can

Abi lust
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by Alibuking001: 7:31pm On Apr 18, 2023
It's not a taboo for two brothers to marry from the same family in my village.
The only one that's not allowed is for my wife's brother to come and marry my sister, be it direct sister or cousin sister.
It's assumed that the family is coming to take back what we collected from their family.

Though, in the OP case, it all depends on their tradition.
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by DevilSignature: 7:33pm On Apr 18, 2023
stopthecycle:
So my elder brother just got married to the Love of his Life. I got to know his wife's family about two months before they got married. The lady has a younger sister who is super attractive, intelligent and nice. We've been talking for a long time and got close and we really like each other.

But I feel we are doing something wrong. Is it okay to date my Sister in law? Some people keep telling g me it's a taboo. I need advice...
fuccck he fes and see if the love will still be that strong. Sometimes love and lust are mixed together, perhaps you misunderstood lust for love
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by Biletaste(m): 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2023
stopthecycle:
So my elder brother just got married to the Love of his Life. I got to know his wife's family about two months before they got married. The lady has a younger sister who is super attractive, intelligent and nice. We've been talking for a long time and got close and we really like each other.

But I feel we are doing something wrong. Is it okay to date my Sister in law? Some people keep telling g me it's a taboo. I need advice...

Go ahead and marry her.
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by Goodlady(f): 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2023
texazzpete:

How is his in law his family member, related by blood?

How did you finish school without knowing the meaning of the word ‘incest’?
Of cos I know the meaning of incest. It's sexual relationship btw siblings. It's people who can do it that's doing having romantic relationship with family members. To know who went to school or finished school btw us, see for yourself that you are supporting abnormality. And you are justifying it by accusing me who's learned that you. You are pathetic
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by djseanjohn77: 7:36pm On Apr 18, 2023
stopthecycle:

I don't think there is anything wrong, just that, if one goes bad, the other is likely going to cos of the family ties. I think that was why in the past they warned against it.

2 Likes

Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by happney65: 7:37pm On Apr 18, 2023
Go ahead and fvck her undecided
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by marcopollo(m): 7:39pm On Apr 18, 2023
If your own culture permits marrying your sister-in-law, then you're good to go. But if not, you better desist from it. The earlier the better for you.
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by Praxis758: 7:41pm On Apr 18, 2023
stopthecycle:

Still nursing the thought

Kill such a thought, it’s anathema.
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by NIGERDELTAIDOL: 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2023
Is not LOVE
Beg God for forgiveness
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by simfrost90210: 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2023
grin do am
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by Ola64(m): 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2023
[i][/i]
Rokiat:
Ask her what her family tradition is and see whether you can go ahead with it or not.

That household must indeed have beautiful women as you and your brother both want to pluck flowers from there. cheesy
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by 3duj: 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2023
stopthecycle:

Bro she is your sister (in the law) not your blood sis .from my traditionally it isn’t an abomination. It’s quite normal (to be sure I asked some elders)
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by AndSunGorilla: 7:49pm On Apr 18, 2023
stopthecycle:

Practically a major issue will arise if you date and one person dumps the other for whatever reason, that's the fear. If you maltreat your sister in law's sister, you will become persona non grata in your brother's house and your brother too might partake out of your punishment in his marriage.
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by thatigboman: 7:49pm On Apr 18, 2023
Goodlady:

Of cos I know the meaning of incest. It's sexual relationship btw siblings. It's people who can do it that's doing having romantic relationship with family members. To know who went to school or finished school btw us, see for yourself that you are supporting abnormality. And you are justifying it by accusing me who's learned that you. You are pathetic
I'm not the one u are arguing with but let me support the guy u are arguing with.
My sister, there is nothing like incest here. Incest is in sexual relationship with someone u are related to by blood. If the OP is committing incest, then his brother is committing same, means he married someone he is related to by blood.
Don't u know that 2 brothers marry 2 sisters? In some extreme cases, a man marries 2 sisters.
Talking of incest, do u know that in northern Muslims, 1st cousins marry? The children of 2 brothers (same father same mother) marry. Arabs do it. Dangote is a great grandson of dantata, former West Africa richest man, the families inter marry.
It's only in the east that u will bring a girl home and your family will tell u that your great great grandfather is the girl's great great grandmother's cousin.
No relationship by blood, u are free to shoot your shot.
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by toprealman: 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2023
stopthecycle:

Stolen water is sweet, so says the Christian bible. Despite the super attractive, intelligent and nice ladies out there, you are tripping for your brother's sister in-law......you know what needs to be done so no need spillinyit out here.
Continue enjoying the sweet water!

1 Like

Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by pikechukwu6(m): 8:01pm On Apr 18, 2023
If she accept you accept her. After all my people say is good road that you can pass two times. cool

1 Like

Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by Goodlady(f): 8:03pm On Apr 18, 2023
thatigboman:
I'm not the one u are arguing with but let me support the guy u are arguing with.
My sister, there is nothing like incest here. Incest is in sexual relationship with someone u are related to by blood. If the OP is committing incest, then his brother is committing same, means he married someone he is related to by blood.
Don't u know that 2 brothers marry 2 sisters? In some extreme cases, a man marries 2 sisters.
Talking of incest, do u know that in northern Muslims, 1st cousins marry? The children of 2 brothers (same father same mother) marry. Arabs do it. Dangote is a great grandson of dantata, former West Africa richest man, the families inter marry.
It's only in the east that u will bring a girl home and your family will tell u that your great great grandfather is the girl's great great grandmother's cousin.
No relationship by blood, u are free to shoot your shot.
Ok. Go n practice your taboo. Ur explanation is baseless
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by deavicky(m): 8:04pm On Apr 18, 2023
EmiDon11:
She get big yansh abi?
oboy u dey craze oh see how u make me laugh.
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by randymirrors(f): 8:04pm On Apr 18, 2023
stopthecycle:

Oga, she's not your sister in-law. She's your brother's sister in-law. Likewise, my sister's husband is not my brother in-law. Also, pay no mind to the poster that said "Yoruba culture bla bla...". He made that up in his head.
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by grandstar(m): 8:10pm On Apr 18, 2023
stopthecycle:

I am from Ondo town and its taboo. We actually have a situation where a relative married an in-law. They and we never knew they were in-laws and their marriage is strong. They've been married over 30 years.

Marrying an in-law creates complications. I won't encourage it.
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by Beverages: 8:11pm On Apr 18, 2023
EmiDon11:
She get big yansh abi?

I was going to ask too 😆.

The comment I'm looking for 🤣
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by Iamzik: 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2023
Gboom:

The moment your brother married from that family, he automatically become a relative to the family. Simply your brother become an elder brother to that girl in question and she became your sister by virtue of your brother relationship with her.

Mind you, I'm speaking from Yoruba culture perspective, I don't know whether other culture allowed it

Story for the gods.
Op can marry the babe. They are not blood relations
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by armadeo(m): 8:15pm On Apr 18, 2023
Go see a shrink
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by Iamzik: 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2023
toprealman:

Stolen water is sweet, so says the Christian bible. Despite the super attractive, intelligent and nice ladies out there, you are tripping for your brother's sister in-law......you know what needs to be done
Continue enjoying the sweet water!

Are they related by blood in any way? Please show us from the Bible where this is forbidden
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by Iamzik: 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Practically a major issue will arise if you date and one person dumps the other for whatever reason, that's the fear. If you maltreat your sister in law's sister, you will become persona non grata in your brother's house and your brother too might partake out of your punishment in his marriage.

The only sensible explanation I've read so far.

All those shouting taboo upandan should park well
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by wisemum: 8:24pm On Apr 18, 2023
I've seen brothers marry sisters. Just like twins marrying twins. Nobody raised eyebrows. However, those marriages require extra maturity. They are peculiar marriages. As brothers and sisters, they had to decide whether they wanted to be sisters or brothers first and in- laws secondarily or in laws first and siblings secondarily. There were conflicts over what was shared between sisters as sisters or as wives to brothers. Same happened the other way round. Apart from this , there wasn't any taboo and they got along fine.
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by sanya4good(m): 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2023
stopthecycle:

Not all men are he-goats like you Sir. I'm sorry Sir.

Twitter tradition transferred to Nairaland
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 18, 2023
dustmalik:
So, humans are still getting married even in the year 2023... Interesting.

Honestly I’m tired of them. These silly humans don’t learn
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by LastProphet: 8:40pm On Apr 18, 2023
Any day your brother and his wife get problem in future, you too will get. Walk away. There are millions of women
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by maasoap(m): 8:43pm On Apr 18, 2023
Psoul:

There are so many unwritten laws.
There are things that are against the law which are not crime.
There are also crime that are not against the law.

What I am saying is that you dating your sister inlaw may not be wrong.
At the same time, it may not be morally acceptable.
Women do not like such thing as it bruises their ego.
It hardly work to marry two sisters in one family.
The love they have for each other will certainly get strained.
Will you marry someone that will put you into tension in ur home when u have opportunity to pick a wife from so many other places?
Forget about what you feel for the girl now.
When you are done accessing her kpekus, you will start feeling differently.

So, please be careful.

May be he should secretly satisfy his curiosity.
Re: I'm in love with my Sister In Law, what do I do? by concho(m): 8:44pm On Apr 18, 2023
This guy is from River side ( Akwaibom, crosseiver or rivers ) . These people don’t have tradition

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Woman Was Caught Having Sex With Her Husband's Father (photos) / See What I Call True Love(pic) / UK Boyfriend Runs Away After His Girlfriend Catches Bride's Bouquet (hilarious)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.