Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,358 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan (28593 Views)

Osinbajo Goes To Buy Ice Cream After Shettima Said He Should Sell Ice Cream / Yemi Osinbajo Goes To Buy Ice Cream After Shettima Called Him A Ice Cream Seller / "Silent Prejudice": Femi Fani-Kayode Joins Nollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by References1: 7:14am On Apr 19, 2023
In 1989, I was about to get married and I was searching for a good house to rent. I met my landlord, an elderly lawyer who obviously did more real estate than legal practice.

He let me know that there were 3 categories of people he would not rent the property in his care to - Ijebus, Igbos and Lawyers. I was disqualified on two accounts. He then said to me, pointing behind him in a few shrivelled-up books on a small bookshelf, that he had the arsenal to destroy any tenant in court if I gave him any trouble.

He later, to his embarrassment, discovered that I was a Law teacher and adviser to the then Attorney General of the Federation and that of course, I am also Ijebu.

I share this to illustrate the point that prejudice and bias are natural aspects of human nature. Everyone has prejudices and preferences that are reinforced by stories and narratives.

https://twitter.com/ProfOsinbajo/status/1648567276314980353?t=FYiou1vV97e9LM6HP6BvUQ&s=19

60 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by JASONjnr(m): 7:19am On Apr 19, 2023
This intelligent man was at a time called a Judas sometimes like this last year for trying to express his political interest.

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by Christistruth03: 7:30am On Apr 19, 2023
This type of Prejudice is Utterly amazing

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by Formularcr7: 7:32am On Apr 19, 2023
Everyone with their preference

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 19, 2023
A story of rag-to-riches is believed if told by a person who has "arrived" even if it's untrue and is laden with outlandish claims.

132 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by PerfectJUSTICE: 9:36am On Apr 19, 2023
This man is the only person who would have completely silenced obedients before and after the elections only if he was given the APC presidential ticket because majority of these obedients for still vote for am las las....but what do I know

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by dam2000(m): 9:36am On Apr 19, 2023
Story story

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by HEBEI: 9:36am On Apr 19, 2023
When I wanted to rent my first house in ijebu ode,

the caretaker of the first house I was taken to around Mabumi junction told me that he would not want a Christian in their house. So I left without looking back.

At another house, I was told point blankly that they only wanted married men in that compound. Again I ran four-forty.

It was at the third house that the woman, an old lady, told us that she would not accept any Igbo person in her house. But some how, she was the only one that I was moved to beg to allow me live in her house. After much begging, she asked if I was married, and I said no. She shouted; "Olorun ma je!".
Well las las she agreed to rent a room to me.

The funny thing is that I became her favorite tenant after living in her house for a year. And she began accepting Igbo people and single boys as tenants.

If you want to be loved, be lovely. Do not live in another man's house and be acting like the landlord, 'like your parts no dey market'.
Represent your people and your tribe well.
Be the good ambassador...

238 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by chigator2: 9:36am On Apr 19, 2023
Igbos continue fooling yourselves.

Now they are openly suggesting prejudice and tribalism against you is purely NORMAL. Imagine.

If you don't recognize that Nigeria is not for you in this 2023, something is definitely wrong

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by XOGBADO(m): 9:37am On Apr 19, 2023
This man is a leader
VP Yemi Osibanjo & HE Peter Obi are two people who ought to contest for the seat of the President. As a matter of fact one of them is supposed to be the President elect but then we choose to play the religious and tribalistic card.
Most times, I ask; do Nigerians really want a change?? I mean, do we really see the progress other African countries are making?
Our political choices has proven that we don't even want he best for ourselves talk more of our dear nation.
I hope the judiciary does the right thing this time around. God help us 🙏

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by omoredia: 9:37am On Apr 19, 2023
Tribalism is worse than racism

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by aikyg(m): 9:38am On Apr 19, 2023
Wow! Igbo people and Ijebu people don suffer for this Lagos. An average Lagosian envies the Ijebus and the Igbos because they are never found slacking. They succeed where others failed to succeed and people wonder how they did it.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by inoki247: 9:38am On Apr 19, 2023
Lol una problem....

Everybody with him specifications...
Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by BeanmanX(m): 9:38am On Apr 19, 2023
Interesting
Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by cyntiaxoxo(f): 9:38am On Apr 19, 2023
Naso, akikor

1 Like

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by SLOVFO(m): 9:38am On Apr 19, 2023
Christistruth03:
This type of Prejudice is Utterly amazing

Igbos giving you guys nightmares since time immemorial. I know that some of you tribal bigots must find a way to drag Igbos into this discourse to justify your bigotry.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by Nawttiboi007(m): 9:38am On Apr 19, 2023
cheesy
Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by jeeqaa7(m): 9:38am On Apr 19, 2023
really
Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by Sultty(m): 9:39am On Apr 19, 2023
fear ijebu's and igbo's

2 Likes

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by thisisit: 9:39am On Apr 19, 2023
AFTER 8 YEARS OF AIDING BUHARI & APC TO DESTROY THE DESTINIES OF NIGERIANS....HE IS NOW TELLING US STORI STORI..

8 Likes

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 19, 2023
JASONjnr:
This intelligent man was at a time called a Judas sometimes like this last year for trying to express his political interest.

And who some homeland elites, aka ethnic irredentists called a Mere Commissioner, in support of their then champion and co-traveller Bukola Saraki, with whom they laboured for PDP for 23 years. He was able to be governor and senate president, leaving the Wailing Wailers to hold the short end of the stick! They're yet to learn the lesson of their lives though!

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by slivertongue: 9:40am On Apr 19, 2023
Blame APC's treasonable steps
Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by SMARTMOTORS(m): 9:40am On Apr 19, 2023
This man way Cabals don silence finish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by youngrichnigga: 9:40am On Apr 19, 2023
Erudite scholar/lawyer, reduced to a story teller undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by FireUpNow(m): 9:40am On Apr 19, 2023
Ok
Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by Yugoslavia247(m): 9:41am On Apr 19, 2023
Same man his kinsmen called odale aka betrayer.

Ridiculed him
A very good and sincere man. Although to a fault.
I prefer him any day and any time

3 Likes

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:42am On Apr 19, 2023
AdolfHitlerxXx:
grin

In Sierra Leone, Mali & Burkina Faso, landlords asked point-blank if I was Igbo. They said they will NEVER rent to Igbos.

A friend was gisting me that even Igbo landlords hate to rent to their kinsmen, angry
If you fail to rent to Igbos, they will later buy the house and make you tenants. Those guys are unstoppable.

How did they buy most lands in Abuja despite the prejudice. They already bought most of Lagos and got the Yorubas shouting go back to your land. RESPECT to Igbos abeg

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by SLOVFO(m): 9:42am On Apr 19, 2023
omoredia:
Tribalism is worse than racism

Supported!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan by PandoraObi: 9:43am On Apr 19, 2023
The same person that ohanaeze ndigbo want to impeach

73 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Policemen In Fear Over CP Alleged Fight Back, Hand-pick Posting / Oyinbo Princess Begs Buhari In Pidgin / Pictures & Video From The Streets Of Kano As Tinubu Drives Through

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.