Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Surviving The Nigerian Job Search: A Humorous Guide To Finding Your Dream Job - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Surviving The Nigerian Job Search: A Humorous Guide To Finding Your Dream Job (10872 Views)

Hardship In Nigeria: 35k Salary Earners, How Are You Surviving? / 5 Things You Should Consider Doing While Waiting For That Dream Job / How I Lost My Dream Job Without Collecting 1 Month Salary - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surviving The Nigerian Job Search: A Humorous Guide To Finding Your Dream Job by efembaba(m): 7:54pm On Apr 19, 2023
You don find job sotey nothing dey humerous for you again. Don't worry pal, God will do it, but in the meantime, try to enjoy life

Generalwoodz:
You said "Humourous" but nothing humor in the whole article.

Nonetheless, you may succed when you employe and use effectively the gems found in the article but not in top GOVERNMENT jobs.

Speaking well like the English dic is awesome but one amazing thing is: There's a God father with children whom would serve as overwhelming stumbling block and he's all out to suppress, malign, and frustrate your plans; strategies, and plateau your towering hopes.

When they say its by merit then those with wherewithal buy up the slots with million nairas ...

Since your article got no humor, I may suggest you add something along the lines of:

" Researching who the big dogs are and promptly paying them an August visit in their palaces. Of course with a bottle of their favorite classic wine.

Relay your intentions and I bet you! The edge between you and others vying for the Job would be gulf size in your favor.
Re: Surviving The Nigerian Job Search: A Humorous Guide To Finding Your Dream Job by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 19, 2023
Uniquekriss:
Great writeup. I lobe the way you rounded off each point with a story. Let's connect on LinkedIn

https://www.linkedin.com/in/blessing-omidhe-b97ba2268
Re: Surviving The Nigerian Job Search: A Humorous Guide To Finding Your Dream Job by Meddymeddy: 9:15pm On Apr 19, 2023
OmidheBlessing:

Thank you, people, like you give people like us faith to continue
Pls permit me to send you a mail

1 Like

Re: Surviving The Nigerian Job Search: A Humorous Guide To Finding Your Dream Job by cee7(m): 10:22pm On Apr 19, 2023
OmidheBlessing:

Job hunting is a rite of passage that we all must go through at some point in our lives. Whether you're a fresh graduate or a seasoned professional, the process can be both exciting and nerve-wracking.

Great thoughts here. But not "all of us" MUST go through this. Some of us could be entrepreneurs
Re: Surviving The Nigerian Job Search: A Humorous Guide To Finding Your Dream Job by Nobody: 6:18am On Apr 20, 2023
cee7:

Great thoughts here. But not "all of us" MUST go through this. Some of us could be entrepreneurs

Off course we can't be job hunters and we can't be entrepreneurs. Find what works for you and do it well. Some people suck at starting something for themselves, not always because they are lazy, but because they just don't have the personality to follow through with something new
Re: Surviving The Nigerian Job Search: A Humorous Guide To Finding Your Dream Job by Professorcplus(m): 7:19am On Apr 20, 2023
OmidheBlessing:

Can you tell your kids this ?
grin grin Why did you ignore 8 and 7.

Besides this forums isn't for kids So I don't expect one reading it. Truth is harsh. Reality reveals truth. No offence. Thanks
Re: Surviving The Nigerian Job Search: A Humorous Guide To Finding Your Dream Job by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 20, 2023
Professorcplus:

grin grin Why did you ignore 8 and 7.

Besides this forums isn't for kids So I don't expect one reading it. Truth is harsh. Reality reveals truth. No offence. Thanks

I mean would you give the same advice you just gave to your kids and relatives... I get you, you are just cruising
Re: Surviving The Nigerian Job Search: A Humorous Guide To Finding Your Dream Job by Professorcplus(m): 10:38am On Apr 20, 2023
OmidheBlessing:

I mean would you give the same advice you just gave to your kids and relatives... I get you, you are just cruising

Bruv the advice isn't for kids. And yes why not! I like folks that says things thr blunt way... If you find the advice bad, then reconfigure your mind because everything I listed there has no wrong justification. Thanks
Re: Surviving The Nigerian Job Search: A Humorous Guide To Finding Your Dream Job by Joebryan(m): 3:05pm On Apr 20, 2023
Searching for a job in Nigeria could sometimes be so frustrating.

From tribalism, to rejection, to long distance, to low pay etc.

However, getting a job is a good thing. But what is not good is becoming slaves to salary jobs.

When you become a slave to salary jobs, you cannot envisage yourself surviving without salary. You just want to work for somebody and collect salary every month.

But thank God for our era, with the internet, it is very easy for anybody anywhere to make money online and live comfortably without having to wake up early morning to go sit in a cubicle the whole day and be answering yes sir to someone else.

Please don't become slave to salary job. If you are currently working, try and save some money. Use it to learn atleast one high income skills.

You can buy a course for any skill you want to learn on Udemy or any affiliate marketing platform, get a mentor and join masterminds.

Then use that skill to solve problems to people by rendering services. On use it to leverage an already existing business model and make your money.

If you are over dependent on your degree or job, a day will come when technologies like AI will render both you and your 1st class degree completely useless. Ofcourse you can see how AIs are now making some job roles unnecessary.

If you can, keep your job and still make money online with skills because trust me in the next 10, 15, 20 years to come, nobody will employ anybody anymore.

Learn skills. Sell something whether offline or online. Find a way to make money hourly, daily or weekly not just monthly.

The way this economy dey now, monthly salary no fit compete again oo.. you go collect salary today, before you collect another one your account don go red.

Things are getting tougher. So you have to get wiser too.

Dont depend on salary for survival make sapa no use you do yeye oo. Its good to make profits than to get wages.

Wages will earn you a living but profits will earn you a fortune. Go for profits, that's the way out my people.

PS: if you feel we should have a conversation, maybe you need some heads up, here is my no WhatsApp number: 08140268520
Re: Surviving The Nigerian Job Search: A Humorous Guide To Finding Your Dream Job by Adroitcareers: 12:55pm On Apr 27, 2023
We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and commitment to excellence, ensuring that every CV and cover letter we create is of the highest standard. Our writers are experts in their field and are well-versed in the latest recruitment trends and techniques.

We understand that job seekers and career professionals have unique needs and goals, which is why we offer a range of services to suit your requirements. Whether you need a professional CV for a specific job application or a complete career overhaul, we've got you covered.

In addition to our CV writing and referral services, we also offer expert advice and guidance on interview preparation, job search strategies, and career development. Our team of consultants has a wealth of experience in the industry and can provide valuable insights into the job market and what employers are looking for.

At Employmenthub, we're passionate about helping job seekers and career professionals achieve their goals. We believe that everyone deserves to have a fulfilling career that they love, and we're here to help make that happen.

So why wait? Take the first step towards your dream job today by contacting us and see how we can help you achieve your career aspirations

Call/WhatsApp 080.80756.701..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Must Female Bankers Dress Loosely? / Six Things You Should Not Do As A Tech Newbie. / A Career As A Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.