Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

What Kind Of Snake Is This? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Kind Of Snake Is This? (45312 Views)

What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) / Christmas Snake Is Here: Python Killed By Hunter, Sold / What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by cheque: 2:00pm On Apr 20, 2023
Snake n d master shadow

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Draslo(m): 2:00pm On Apr 20, 2023
Cobra yo!

I like how you skinned the snake. That's how to eat snake meat.

7 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Shurtman79(m): 2:01pm On Apr 20, 2023
This country I hail the citizens lipsrsealed
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Edoziesmart(m): 2:01pm On Apr 20, 2023
Kobicove:
Yuck!

Are you that hungry?!
Yes
Send money

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by spencekat(m): 2:01pm On Apr 20, 2023
majesticguy:
That's a forest Cobra, if it were a spitting Cobra, it would have stood it's ground and attacked in self defense. Just spitting a single stream of venom on your face and you're a gonner.

Meanwhile,[/b] your skinning skills is commendable[b], it looks like fresh chicken grin.
Exactly grin
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by 4tomandchi: 2:02pm On Apr 20, 2023
They always move in pair the second one will not be far away keep watch and always count your layers to confirm if they're complete.

Dada4me:
I was about sleeping at about 10.30pm when I heard my layers struggling. I went to check with stick in my hand only to see this Snake rush down from the cage. I was afraid initially seeing the size but I went closer when I saw that it was not as fast as I thought, I hit it thrice within a second and the thing started struggling.

Some say it's called Sebe in Yoruba language. What's this called in English please?

It's in my pot already and some doing my body good.

6 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by SmartyPants(m): 2:02pm On Apr 20, 2023
majesticguy:
That's a forest Cobra, if it were a spitting Cobra, it would have stood it's ground and attacked in self defense. Just spitting a single stream of venom on your face and you're a gonner.

Meanwhile, your skinning skills is commendable, it looks like fresh chicken grin.

That's not true. Spitting cobra's ejected venom does not kill it merely irritates, which is to give the snake time to either escape or deliver a more lethal bite.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Edoziesmart(m): 2:03pm On Apr 20, 2023
ahnie:
Must you eat it?
What's wrong in eating snake BTW?
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Killermamba: 2:03pm On Apr 20, 2023
Dada4me:
I was about sleeping at about 10.30pm when I heard my layers struggling. I went to check with stick in my hand only to see this Snake rush down from the cage. I was afraid initially seeing the size but I went closer when I saw that it was not as fast as I thought, I hit it thrice within a second and the thing started struggling.

Some say it's called Sebe in Yoruba language. What's this called in English please?

Cobra
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by okoroemeka(m): 2:04pm On Apr 20, 2023
Axis313:
I think it is king cobra.Normal cobra can't be this long.
normal cobras grow as large and black mambas also, king cobras are too big the op may faint if it was a king cobras, another clue to it's identity is the ease to kill,mambas are similar to forest cobras but almost impossible to kill because of the speed to escape or less concerned,so it is a cobra.

4 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by OriOko88(m): 2:08pm On Apr 20, 2023
Thats a forest Cobra. Natgeowild has taught me a lot about snakes

10 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by tonicyril: 2:14pm On Apr 20, 2023
Dada4me:

That is a king cobra
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by OriOko88(m): 2:14pm On Apr 20, 2023
majesticguy:

Meanwhile, your skinning skills is commendable, it looks like fresh chicken grin.
You lied. Cobra spit doesn't kill just some sort of irritation. I saw d documentary on natgeowild

12 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by williams85(m): 2:15pm On Apr 20, 2023
Na everything una dey eat?
Dada4me:
More
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by mysticwarrior(m): 2:18pm On Apr 20, 2023
That is a African forest Cobra, they very long, fast and deadly. They love hanging around poultry, they feed on little chicken and eggs, plant lemon grass around your vicinity you will never see them again.

6 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by xjiggy: 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2023
Why you dey ask us now? Snake wey u don already skin put for pot Naim u dey ask us for validation. Yao yao

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by ViceGovernor: 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2023
Jennyclay:
Please don't eat it.

Thank you.
You should try it
Pythons are the sweetest✌🏿 It's not that bad people just make it look like it's a horrible meal.
Reality is that snake meat is very healthy for the body.

Even if it isn't properly cooked their venom is harmless in our digestive system 😌

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by LordErrk: 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2023
At least you skin am, unlike some hungry boys for here wey go chop everything raw grin

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Wainey: 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2023
majesticguy:

if u quickly wash it off and see a physician, you will be completely fine.

My brother had had a cobra spit in his eyes, we washed it and he saw a physician, that was like since 2007

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Nice2023(m): 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
I used to think china eat everything i never knew that some Nigeria people have taken over tongue

Poverty is a bastard here in Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by FireUpNow(m): 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2023
Let me check on Simon and Suzzy of National Geo Wild in Snake in the city for the name of that snake. Uncle Lala don dey lick his lips already.
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Tremple8v: 2:36pm On Apr 20, 2023
Na better meat be this grin
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2023
Mozambique spitting Cobra. shocked
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by FireUpNow(m): 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2023
Wainey:
if u quickly wash it off and see a physician, you will be completely fine.

My brother had had a cobra spit in his eyes, we washed it and he saw a physician, that was like since 2007
I heard that breast milk from a nursing mother can also neutralize it

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by riches4me(m): 2:39pm On Apr 20, 2023
ahnie:
Must you eat it?
In this era of no food?
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 20, 2023
Cook that thing!

That's king cobra. ...
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by donbenie(m): 2:43pm On Apr 20, 2023
Axis313:
It's not a King Cobra..
You don't find King Cobras in Nigeria and King Cobras are much larger than this..

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by etrange: 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2023
Axis313:

Not sure there's anything like "normal cobra". The term "cobra" refers to multiple snakes of the same family. You're probably referring to Naja (Indian cobra) which is the most common. However, this is neither a king cobra nor an Indian cobra. It's a forest cobra.
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Goalnaldo(m): 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2023
TOPCRUISE:
Mozambique spitting Cobra. shocked
my thought exactly
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Wainey: 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2023
FireUpNow:
I heard that breast milk from a nursing mother can also neutralize it
I do not know about this but I don't think you will start looking for a nursing mother if u had a venom in ur eyes.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by SMARTMOTORS(m): 2:48pm On Apr 20, 2023
Black mamber!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture / Indomie Compensates @Dikachim For Creating Fuel Queue And Indomie Tweet / Lagos Residents Buying Lake Rice Queue Up. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.