Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,810 members, 7,827,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

What Kind Of Snake Is This? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Kind Of Snake Is This? (45311 Views)

What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) / Christmas Snake Is Here: Python Killed By Hunter, Sold / What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by tony360: 4:20pm On Apr 20, 2023
it can blind someone when the spit get to the eyes
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by one4GOD(f): 4:28pm On Apr 20, 2023
Dada4me:
I was about sleeping at about 10.30pm when I heard my layers struggling. I went to check with stick in my hand only to see this Snake rush down from the cage. I was afraid initially seeing the size but I went closer when I saw that it was not as fast as I thought, I hit it thrice within a second and the thing started struggling.

Some say it's called Sebe in Yoruba language. What's this called in English please?

It's in my pot already and some doing my body good.
cobra
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by sacajawea: 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2023
4tomandchi:
They always move in pair the second one will not be far away keep watch and always count your layers to confirm if they're complete.

How do Y'all know So Much about snakes Like this??
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by funshint(m): 4:39pm On Apr 20, 2023
With the way you de-skinned this thing one can tell that you're a pro in this snake matter🙌😁

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by PerfectMan24: 4:43pm On Apr 20, 2023
Either viper or cobra
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by HitRun(m): 4:44pm On Apr 20, 2023
Allardyce:
Na forest Cobra be that oh and they don't have dual Nationality.

These species are mostly found in Conakry, Guinea, and they're very addicted to eggs corn.

Anything you see after eating this Guinea Cobra, my hand nor dey.

Fixed.
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by vatiqan(m): 4:50pm On Apr 20, 2023
Dada4me:
I was about sleeping at about 10.30pm when I heard my layers struggling. I went to check with stick in my hand only to see this Snake rush down from the cage. I was afraid initially seeing the size but I went closer when I saw that it was not as fast as I thought, I hit it thrice within a second and the thing started struggling.

Some say it's called Sebe in Yoruba language. What's this called in English please?

Even when you no know the name of the snake, you still prepare am for chop! Tweh!
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by KoolBigk(m): 4:55pm On Apr 20, 2023
Dada4me:

Black mamba
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by supereagle(m): 4:56pm On Apr 20, 2023
Dada4me:

This is Igbadu in Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Ameboperoo(m): 5:02pm On Apr 20, 2023
Judolisco:
dis one 2 dey raise head oh... In self defense... I've killed over 5 or so... Na why we stop dey rare chicken bdat
It will raise it head and bring it down but it's not the spitting type.
I killed one that is about 7 feet long after cutting the head. The bone is very strong and the skin is like ponmo.
The sweetest of all snake is the ball python. Though the skin if very tough exept you cook it thourougly.
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Judolisco(m): 5:07pm On Apr 20, 2023
Ameboperoo:

I killed one that is about 7 feet long after cutting the head. The bone is very strong and the skin is like ponmo.
The sweetest of all snake is the ball python. Though the skin if very tough exept you cook it thourougly.
our leader... Me no dey chop snake oh.. angry... I ate it wen I was little though... Tastes like dry fish

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Draslo(m): 5:10pm On Apr 20, 2023
SmartyPants:

That's not true. Spitting cobra's ejected venom does not kill it merely irritates, which is to give the snake time to either escape or deliver a more lethal bite.
Na real smarty pants you be
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by supereagle(m): 5:12pm On Apr 20, 2023
FireUpNow:
I heard that breast milk from a nursing mother can also neutralize it
You are right. Even earthworm clay (Titun Ekolo) in yoruba can clear it. My father used it when it spat on his eyes. He said that when breast milk is not found, use that one.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Thomasankara(m): 5:18pm On Apr 20, 2023
[/color]e choke o[color=#770077] grin grin
illicit:

If u turn to snake I will eat u

tongue
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by onuman: 5:30pm On Apr 20, 2023
Allardyce:

These species are mostly found in Conakry, Guinea, and they're very addicted to eggs.

If he eats the cobra, every organ in his body will become like the organs of con men.
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Dopeluiz(m): 5:35pm On Apr 20, 2023
Axis313:
I think it is king cobra.Normal cobra can't be this long.
forest cobra
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by ImpactMI6(m): 6:11pm On Apr 20, 2023
Cobra
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Emjace(m): 6:43pm On Apr 20, 2023
Oracleee:
That's a forest cobra..... You are lucky it's not a spitting cobra if not the hunter would have been hunted.

Very belligerent one
Exactly
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by socrates007: 6:48pm On Apr 20, 2023
You know what to do with it already and you are still asking for the specie....! I know by the time responses start pouring in the snake would have found it way down your belly

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Dada4me: 6:50pm On Apr 20, 2023
KoolBigk:

Black mamba

I am sure this is not black mamba
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by victorazy(m): 7:55pm On Apr 20, 2023
LordEclipse:
That's a forest Cobra.. Not King Cobra.. They're quite different both in size and body pattern

You too lie.

Picture or I no believe. grin grin grin
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by osazsky(m): 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2023
ahnie:
Must you eat it?
wat then should he do With it...U guys are d prob of nigeria Pls dont mentiam europe Here we re africans
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by osazsky(m): 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2023
White sakpa
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Donyenye: 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2023
Allardyce:

These species are mostly found in Conakry, Guinea, and they're very addicted to eggs.

Brah. grin
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by billyG(m): 8:13pm On Apr 20, 2023
How can a sane person eat a cobra?
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by spiralwedge(m): 8:13pm On Apr 20, 2023
Forest cobra.
Killed a very long one in 2020. Fear overwhelmed me when i saw it. Yes, this snake stands up too and it stood up so tall and was about to reach the top of the fence when i chased it and it hid behind something in the compound. I made several noise at both ends of where it was hiding to confuse it. Then i ran to call some workers working on the road outside. We were lucky the snake was still behind the thing. The men shook the other end while i stayed quiet on the other but ready to strike. Suddenly, it came out fast and i struck it in the middle. It wringled and i struck again on its head. It was very very long with little yellow stripes at the bottom near the head like in the op’s picture.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by phorget(m): 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2023
You dont even know if its edible but you are already cooking it... undecided

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by ahnie: 8:32pm On Apr 20, 2023
osazsky:
wat then should he do With it...U guys are d prob of nigeria Pls dont mentiam europe Here we re africans
Ok daddy!
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Dada4me: 8:55pm On Apr 20, 2023
Ameboperoo:

I couldn't break the bones, it was just too strong. Fear still crosses my mind when I think of how I killed it.
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by Dada4me: 8:57pm On Apr 20, 2023
phorget:
You dont even know if its edible but you are already cooking it... undecided

Every snake is edible. I may not eat it of it's tiny. The big ones make good supplement for needed nutrients.
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by ocelot2006(m): 9:12pm On Apr 20, 2023
Forest cobra.
Re: What Kind Of Snake Is This? by FarmTech(m): 9:37pm On Apr 20, 2023
Cobra. I've killed some in the past.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture / Indomie Compensates @Dikachim For Creating Fuel Queue And Indomie Tweet / Lagos Residents Buying Lake Rice Queue Up. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.