Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,540 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 (54080 Views)

Real Madrid Vs Manchester City UCL (3 - 1) On 4th May 2022 / Chelsea Vs Eintracht Frankfurt: Europa League (1(4) - 1(3)) On 9th May 2019 / Valencia Vs Arsenal: Europa League Semi-Finals (2 - 4) On 9th May 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by betshopagent(m): 11:00am On May 10, 2023
Kukutenla:

Lol. Vini played on the right and not left. Zidane never trusted him like Ancelloti does. Hazard was his main attacking fulcrum.
Vini has played against you guys as a fulcrum of the team 4 times now winning 3.
All this talk of being useless is just excuse. If you're useless for 4 matches then you're useless forever.
Chelsea also lost to madrid last season in London and this season, lost home and away so...
last season was real Madrid's first time to beat Chelsea in a competive game. You sound as if you have been beating Chelsea. Real have been loosing in finals against Chelsea before that.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by RealEzee(m): 11:02am On May 10, 2023
Madrid go come beat city for etihad
Ucl way b like birthright for madrid
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by betshopagent(m): 11:06am On May 10, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

Vinicius played as a right back in that match Chelsea won just because Zidane wanted to play useless Hazard in that match against his former clubside
And last season at bernabue?
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by yomi531(m): 11:11am On May 10, 2023
Kukutenla:

Final of FA Cup
True dat grin
Na my Man u go win fa cup
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Peacecore: 11:15am On May 10, 2023
Numerouno94:

City started well, buh watch how they started conceding needles possessions and misplaced passes in the second half. At a point they looked tired and confused. Silva was lost, Gundugan was confused, Grealish was equally tired. Pep simply needed to bring in fresh legs, buh Oga dey form strong head. Madrid no b small boys too na. Remember Madrid did a number of changes which helped them in maintaining their game play. Make Pep no try that strong head again for Etihad abeg.
I understand but I was part of those that was praying for no change even it was going to end 1goal down against City. Foden n Mahrez are good strikers but lack that level of defensive ability needed at Santiago yesterday than Grealish and Silva respectively. Those guys were tired but have been well soaked in the match that they were ready to give their life to defend the draw. Introducing fresh legs like Mahrez n Foden would've altered the tune and dynamics which would've caused City to concede another goal. Remember that same thing happened last season, and the man didn't want to take chances again.

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Peacecore: 11:17am On May 10, 2023
Krublog:

I try now.

Predicted Vinicius to score first,
Predicted second goal to come in the 60s
Just Benzema goal shy of being an octopus 🐙

However, you guys thought Man City were going to rubbish Madrid (no be juju be that?)

Rudiger put Halland deep in his back pocket.

Return leg
FT. MCI 1-2 RMD

Halland, Benzema, Vinicius jnr.
But you made a statement before 90minutes. Are you swallowing your words or what? Beside stick to this your scoreline, I will quote you.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Krublog(m): 11:23am On May 10, 2023
Peacecore:
But you made a statement before 90minutes. Are you swallowing your words or what? Beside stick to this your scoreline, I will quote you.

Of what use will "sticking to my words" mean when the results are out there?

I tried in my predictions, I'm not God naw grin

Just keep following for the return leg.

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Peacecore: 11:28am On May 10, 2023
madridguy:
Stop deceiving yourself. EPL is also a two team dominated league, so forget. So in your weirdest dream you think Arsenal will win the league? Same Arsernal that has been repeating same class for close to two decades? Or Liverpool that just won the league after twenty something years? Baba you need to come up with a good defence.

Stop dodging the point. Barca is highly placed first from the beginning to the end, and has even won it before the season ends. How .any clubs has won it for about 10yrs now?? Arsenal can pull surprise in this case, you can't be too sure. I expected Madrid to win at their backyard easily.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Zitodaillegal(m): 11:33am On May 10, 2023
Omo I didn't expect less from real madrid
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Peacecore: 11:49am On May 10, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

Nah, we'd ask Brentford instead
Just one throughout the season. Try n compare it with Madrid's before talking.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Peacecore: 11:52am On May 10, 2023
Kukutenla:

Go and read the reactions from both teams. Man City know madrid caged them. Guardiola is already getting ideas grin grin
Caged?? The last time o checked, Courtois was a monkey yesterday, and had more far number of touches, saves more than Ederson. How did it happen if City was cage? Or you should check the meaning of the word "caged" in the dictionary before you come.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Peacecore: 11:56am On May 10, 2023
Kukutenla:

Dominated in every dept? That's a lie. Madrid actually had better possession than city in the second half and had more shots overall
I don't know where you got your stats from.
This is from Opta
I can't understand! You're looking at the stats n u r still arguing sad Is second half the only part of the game? Who had the overall stats after 90minutes? How had more saves? I no understand you o sad
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Peacecore: 12:00pm On May 10, 2023
Krublog:

Of what use will "sticking to my words" mean when the results are out there?

I tried in my predictions, I'm not God naw grin

Just keep following for the return leg.
Just relax and watch match with neutral mind instead of giving yourself hbp. Madrid is a good team, but City is a better one as far this season is concern. I'm ready for the second leg bro.

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Krublog(m): 12:33pm On May 10, 2023
Peacecore:
Just relax and watch match with neutral mind instead of giving yourself hbp. Madrid is a good team, but City is a better one as far this season is concern. I'm ready for the second leg bro.

That was how you guys hyped Halland before the game.

Every game is a game on its own deviod of form or whatever. Before the last game, Halland had a scoring ratio of 1 in 58mins in the UCL.

You could tell from my predictions yesterday, he wasn't even billed to score. That's being objective and neutral.

As for the second leg, he'd score but they won't scale through.

And for the records, I'm not a Real Madrid fan. I just enjoy good football and analyze football data with some degree of levelheadedness.

See you on Wednesday...

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Aklee4994(m): 12:37pm On May 10, 2023
AImiron:
Liverpool and Chelsea.

Chelsea na cheerful giver.

Liverpool sef collect 4 at Etihad no be only una beat am

What stops Madrid from scoring 7 tonight cos they won last season.

Tell me something new
Is a fact that Madrid have been scoring largely in England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

4 matches 13 goals in England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by AImiron: 1:12pm On May 10, 2023
FireUpNow:

With all the UCL that Real Madrid have in their collections you still have the boldness to talk this way? Sha I wait to see Man City win any European cup under Pep. Pep failed with Bayern Munich and I hope he can win the UCL with Man City
You sound like a kid right here? Since when UCL collections start winning a football match. I don't engage infants. Bye
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by AImiron: 1:13pm On May 10, 2023
ojehmario1969:

U mumu i swr grin grin
It’s obvious U know nothing about football
shey your papa go teach me
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Kukutenla: 1:13pm On May 10, 2023
Peacecore:
I can't understand! You're looking at the stats n u r still arguing sad Is second half the only part of the game? Who had the overall stats after 90minutes? How had more saves? I no understand you o sad
So it's only possession and saves that's stat?
What about expected goals? Total shots, corner kicks, big chances and shots inside box? Are those not stats or because Madrid had the upper hand in those, they don't matter?
Look at the graph showing the balance of play. Does it show Man City dominating?
You no sabi dis thing at all
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Kukutenla: 1:15pm On May 10, 2023
Peacecore:
Caged?? The last time o checked, Courtois was a monkey yesterday, and had more far number of touches, saves more than Ederson. How did it happen if City was cage? Or you should check the meaning of the word "caged" in the dictionary before you come.
Most of the saves were routine. Only the shot from kdb in the box was a big save. The rest were half chances or tame at best. Madrid still had more shots than Man City while the spread of play showed Madrid looking more dangerous for more periods than city
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by AImiron: 1:15pm On May 10, 2023
Kukutenla:

Man City were simply lucky
They fared worse tonight than they did here last season
Man City were lucky in your backyard, same match Wey una no see shot on/off target for about 34 mins. Did you watch the back of your TV, obviously you watch on livescores cos you just dey cap. For the records, Madrid won here last season, why can't they repeat the feat, they lost by 4 goals at the Etihad last season, they will chop 4goals again next week. I'll look for your moniker after the game, better be ready for what's coming your way
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Kukutenla: 1:16pm On May 10, 2023
yomi531:
Lol. You pray
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Kukutenla: 1:17pm On May 10, 2023
betshopagent:
last season was real Madrid's first time to beat Chelsea in a competive game. You sound as if you have been beating Chelsea. Real have been loosing in finals against Chelsea before that.
And how many times have Chelsea beaten Madrid before then. Both teams have played four times in the last two years with Madrid beating Chelsea three times with a margin of two goals.
Chelsea too small for Madrid
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by AImiron: 1:17pm On May 10, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

Uefalona used us to catch cruise too last season winning us 4-0 in our stadium but we still went past PSG, Loserpool, Chelski and Man Shitty on our way to lifting the trophy with the big ears
Vadrid bots living on past glory, that was season. Man shitty lost at Bernabéu Last season, abi you don forget ni. Why una no repeat wetin una do Last season. Una go suffer at the Etihad.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by AImiron: 1:19pm On May 10, 2023
yomi531:
which FA cup be that, the one of Fifa or real life. Una go cry blood at Wembley, that 6 goals wey una chop at Etihad go be like childplay. Man City is winning Treble this season
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by AImiron: 1:20pm On May 10, 2023
Most of you mor0ns watched highlights or refresh livescores. Make next week come, make we end this charade once and for all. I'm out
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Peacecore: 1:40pm On May 10, 2023
Kukutenla:

Most of the saves were routine. Only the shot from kdb in the box was a big save. The rest were half chances or tame at best. Madrid still had more shots than Man City while the spread of play showed Madrid looking more dangerous for more periods than city
We're are talking4about shots on goal n u r talking about mere shot sad More dangerous my foot. Thank God for Courtois yesterday bro. He was actually on his best. Madrid was afraid in their own home, hence assigning 2 players to Haaland alone grin grin grin we're waiting for that plan again Etihad. You can go and ask Leipzig hfar. It was keenly contested in Germany but it was a massacre in Manchester cool
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Peacecore: 1:44pm On May 10, 2023
Kukutenla:

So it's only possession and saves that's stat?
What about expected goals? Total shots, corner kicks, big chances and shots inside box? Are those not stats or because Madrid had the upper hand in those, they don't matter?
Look at the graph showing the balance of play. Does it show Man City dominating?
You no sabi dis thing at all
OK I don't know it sha lecture me on the meaning of dominance, the major 3 features that shows that a team dominated the other.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Peacecore: 1:50pm On May 10, 2023
Krublog:

That was how you guys hyped Halland before the game.

Every game is a game on its own deviod of form or whatever. Before the last game, Halland had a scoring ratio of 1 in 58mins in the UCL.

You could tell from my predictions yesterday, he wasn't even billed to score. That's being objective and neutral.

As for the second leg, he'd score but they won't scale through.

And for the records, I'm not a Real Madrid fan. I just enjoy good football and analyze football data with some degree of levelheadedness.

See you on Wednesday...
Why are you people afraid of him by assigning 2 defenders against him? grin grin a 22year_old boy o. Fear fear go kill una grin Haaland mustn't score all the time especially in a match like that where people as old as his father and using him to practice Kun Fu without the ref doing anything. He didn't score till late minute against Arsenal but his presence was felt. The idea now is for the defenders to concentrate on Haaland while KDB scores grin grin shey u dey feel am bah? Just relax, we're bothered about that.
Besides, if r not Madrid fan, u can't escape ManU, Arsenal or Liverpool angry grin

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by hopefulLandlord: 1:52pm On May 10, 2023
Peacecore:
Just one throughout the season. Try n compare it with Madrid's before talking.
considering it's a knockout system that all takes one misstep to lose out I'd say one is enough
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Kukutenla: 1:52pm On May 10, 2023
AImiron:
Man City were lucky in your backyard, same match Wey una no see shot on/off target for about 34 mins. Did you watch the back of your TV, obviously you watch on livescores cos you just dey cap. For the records, Madrid won here last season, why can't they repeat the feat, they lost by 4 goals at the Etihad last season, they will chop 4goals again next week. I'll look for your moniker after the game, better be ready for what's coming your way
Madrid did not lose by 4 goals. The score was 4-3 except you don't know what losing by four goals is.
City on the balance of play performed worse than last season. A draw is good for them but they didn't have the upper hand like they had last season.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by hopefulLandlord: 1:55pm On May 10, 2023
AImiron:
Vadrid bots living on past glory, that was season. Man shitty lost at Bernabéu Last season, abi you don forget ni. Why una no repeat wetin una do Last season. Una go suffer at the Etihad.
lost when they were 2 goals up at the 88th minute. lost when their team was just waiting for the final whistle to celebrate. lost just as the bookies gave Madrid 100 odds to win, right? I thought so too
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Peacecore: 1:57pm On May 10, 2023
hopefulLandlord:
considering it's a knockout system that all takes one misstep to lose out I'd say one is enough
You don't have a point. Have you done a survey study before? You should know that occurrence ratio is done by dividing the number of occurrence by the total number of cases, and if you do, its going to be 1/17=0.0588. Can you now see the probability of it happening? If you don't get it, forget about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (33) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 4) On 20th April 2022 / Watford Vs Manchester United (3 - 1) On 18th September 2016 / Chelsea, Man City Face Relegation From EPL After Everton Point Deduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.