Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 (54004 Views)

Real Madrid Vs Manchester City UCL (3 - 1) On 4th May 2022 / Chelsea Vs Eintracht Frankfurt: Europa League (1(4) - 1(3)) On 9th May 2019 / Valencia Vs Arsenal: Europa League Semi-Finals (2 - 4) On 9th May 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by betshopagent(m): 6:32pm On May 10, 2023
Kukutenla:

And how many times have Chelsea beaten Madrid before then. Both teams have played four times in the last two years with Madrid beating Chelsea three times with a margin of two goals.
Chelsea too small for Madrid
now I know when you started watching soccer. Goggle is your friend.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Kukutenla: 6:44pm On May 10, 2023
betshopagent:
now I know when you started watching soccer. Goggle is your friend.
Mtcheew
See excuse
Oya tell me when you started watching soccer, the Chelsea- Madrid match you watched and the scoreline as you be Methuselah
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Android17: 7:17pm On May 10, 2023
Kukutenla:

You're the one who knows him to be offside. I guess you know more than the linesman.
Tchouameni shot was well placed and can't be compared with the soft shots from Rodri and De Bruyne.
Overall, Madrid had more shots and more expected goals than city. That's what the stats say.
Crap.

How many times have linesmen disallowed a goal for being offside but upon review it was given. Case in point, Stone's goal against Arsenal.

The replays showed Benz was offside. Had Benz scored, it would have been reviewed and cancelled.

There is absolutely nothing like soft shot. In both instances, Courtois parried the ball to the corner line. Tchouameni's shot was straight and central. At a good enough height for the keep to parry it away.

Besides, XG is calculated from direct shots that were not reviewed as offside or that did not hit the bar. So that chance that KDB had from Bernardo Silva's pass which Courtois saved was not included. However, if KDB had scored the goal would have stood as KDB was not offside as the linesman had originally ruled.

You better come correct when you are debating me and as you can see, you cannot present the clear scoring chances that RM supposedly created.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Kukutenla: 7:55pm On May 10, 2023
Android17:
Crap.

How many times have linesmen disallowed a goal for being offside but upon review it was given. Case in point, Stone's goal against Arsenal.

The replays showed Benz was offside. Had Benz scored, it would have been reviewed and cancelled.

There is absolutely nothing like soft shot. In both instances, Courtois parried the ball to the corner line. Tchouameni's shot was straight and central. At a good enough height for the keep to parry it away.

Besides, XG is calculated from direct shots that were not reviewed as offside or that did not hit the bar. So that chance that KDB had from Bernardo Silva's pass which Courtois saved was not included. However, if KDB had scored the goal would have stood as KDB was not offside as the linesman had originally ruled.

You better come correct when you are debating me and as you can see, you cannot present the clear scoring chances that RM supposedly created.
Which replay showed Benz to be offside when the stats counted that chance as one of Madrid's SoT.
There is soft shot and both Rodri and KDB's are soft shots. An average keeper will be expected to keep both out.
Tchouameni's shot had the right height and power behind it and Ederson had to show strong hands to keep it out.
That particular KDB's shot was never ruled offside.
I don't know which match you watched that it wasn't ruled offside when Camavinga retrieved the ball.
Go and watch the highlights on SS YouTube abeg.
Madrid did not create chances yet City blocked more shots and Madrid had more shots from inside the box than City.
You didn't watch the match. You're depending on hearsay
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Ray07(m): 8:14pm On May 10, 2023
Lamasta:

MANCHESTER CITY is the best team
on top all this wahala . . . Inter Milan fit come win the cup self. grin
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Kukutenla: 9:05pm On May 10, 2023
Peacecore:
In case you don't know what dominace means in a football match, they are;
Possession
Complete pass made
Shot on target
Lesser number of saves
Lol. According to who?
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Peacecore: 10:09pm On May 10, 2023
Kukutenla:

Lol. According to who?
You refused to tell me, instead you are dragging legs. Move on, first leg is gone. Let's face 2nd leg staring at us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by AImiron: 11:40pm On May 10, 2023
Peacecore:
You're right but I won't blame him because I can't bet on Alvarez than Grealish in terms of defense. Grealish is better in that department, no doubt even though there were many errors from him yesterday. Bro, I'm telling you that that draw wasn't too far from what Pep wanted from that first leg. Etihad is where he'll finish the work
Absolutely bro, It's a champions league match. I can't wait make next week, I wan read some wailing and Lamentations lol
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Nobody: 12:25am On May 11, 2023
AImiron:
This is what happens when you don't mind your damn business, you just jump from nowhere, nah this attitude no dey let ppl see their next birthday. I didn't quote him randomly, he mentioned me, and na my one of fav ppl on this section sef, him I know , you I no sabi your papa ..now fvck off

I'll try to NEVER refer to your posts anymore..
You claim you don't know me and i should Bleep off.. I've bleeped off, Bro.. Abeg, just be nice enough to leave my comments for me since you don't know me and stop insulting me.. No vex.. Please.. I'm sorry if in anyway i've spoken odd words to you in the past but just move past my comments.. No insults pls..
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by AImiron: 12:48am On May 11, 2023
TheDarkHorse:

I'll try to NEVER refer to your posts anymore..
You claim you don't know me and i should Bleep off.. I've bleeped off, Bro.. Abeg, just be nice enough to leave my comments for me since you don't know me and stop insulting me.. No vex.. Please.. I'm sorry if in anyway i've spoken odd words to you in the past but just move past my comments.. No insults pls..
that's better, it's good for your mental health. I do tell ppl to avoid me here if they can

Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Peacecore: 12:58am On May 11, 2023
AImiron:
Absolutely bro, It's a champions league match. I can't wait make next week, [b]I wan read some wailing and Lamentations lo[/b]l
Make City boys just try deliver them to my hand walai grin grin grin Dem go too suffer aswear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Android17: 1:21am On May 11, 2023
Kukutenla:

Which replay showed Benz to be offside when the stats counted that chance as one of Madrid's SoT.
There is soft shot and both Rodri and KDB's are soft shots. An average keeper will be expected to keep both out.
Tchouameni's shot had the right height and power behind it and Ederson had to show strong hands to keep it out.
That particular KDB's shot was never ruled offside.
I don't know which match you watched that it wasn't ruled offside when Camavinga retrieved the ball.
Go and watch the highlights on SS YouTube abeg.
Madrid did not create chances yet City blocked more shots and Madrid had more shots from inside the box than City.
You didn't watch the match. You're depending on hearsay
Listen, what part of the replays showed Benz was offside. The linesman did not see it so his on field corner call was upheld. However, had Benz scored the goal would have been reviewed like all goals are and it would have then been ruled offside.

If those shots from Rodri and KDB were soft, why did Courtois punch it to the corner flag?

I never told you Tchouameni's shot did not have power. I said it was not a chance, and was at a good height for any keeper to save it.

KDBs shot that Courtois saved with his trailing hand was ruled offside or else why did City not get a corner kick from it and why did RM play a goal kick after it?

Just post a screenshot of the shots inside the box column and see the numbers. I have just told you that Benzema's header was counted yet KDBs was not counted.

Oga, better know what you are saying. You have just lied now that the pass from Bernardo to KDB was counted even though it was ruled offside by the linesman.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by AImiron: 1:21am On May 11, 2023
Peacecore:
Make City boys just try deliver them to my hand walai grin grin grin Dem go too suffer aswear
I swear bro e go bloody pass World Cup banter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Kukutenla: 9:14am On May 11, 2023
Android17:
Listen, what part of the replays showed Benz was offside. The linesman did not see it so his on field corner call was upheld. However, had Benz scored the goal would have been reviewed like all goals are and it would have then been ruled offside.

If those shots from Rodri and KDB were soft, why did Courtois punch it to the corner flag?

I never told you Tchouameni's shot did not have power. I said it was not a chance, and was at a good height for any keeper to save it.

KDBs shot that Courtois saved with his trailing hand was ruled offside or else why did City not get a corner kick from it and why did RM play a goal kick after it?

Just post a screenshot of the shots inside the box column and see the numbers. I have just told you that Benzema's header was counted yet KDBs was not counted.

Oga, better know what you are saying. You have just lied now that the pass from Bernardo to KDB was counted even though it was ruled offside by the linesman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a7j8v-0PNY

I don't have time for yeye arguments. This is the highlight. Start from 3:00 and see if the KDB chance was ruled offside.

Same with Benz's chance. You're not in a position to call it offside because you don't know more than the linesman who allowed it. You're not seeing the full length of the field. You sound too biased.
How can Tchouameni's shot not be a chance while Rodri's own was. Na wa o
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Android17: 1:17pm On May 11, 2023
Kukutenla:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a7j8v-0PNY

I don't have time for yeye arguments. This is the highlight. Start from 3:00 and see if the KDB chance was ruled offside.

Same with Benz's chance. You're not in a position to call it offside because you don't know more than the linesman who allowed it. You're not seeing the full length of the field. You sound too biased.
How can Tchouameni's shot not be a chance while Rodri's own was. Na wa o
Stop arguing like a child. I don't live in Nigeria and I don't have access to your link.

This is the official UEFA CL highlights from their main partners in North America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFU1rF6DfWs

Why is the KDB highlight not here?

Listen to what the commentator said about the Benzema highlight as well.

Incase you want to pretend, here is a screenshot from the play by play commentary. You can search it out for yourself. I don't like debating with people who cannot do simple research.

By the way I never said Rodri's was a chance. I asked you to mention the chances RM created and you brought up Tchouameni's shot. It was a highlight reel and long range shot but it is not a chance.

A chance is an opportunity that usually results in a goal. That was not an opportunity that usually results in a goal.

Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by SPAMBOX7: 1:31pm On May 11, 2023
Bossman5:

You talk like Madrid are the best team in the world when they can't even top their 2 man dog chase league and as if they win it every year.
This mancity is the first big team Madrid is playing in the champions league this season as they passed through a weak group went ahead to meet a distabilized Liverpool and met an underpar Chelsea team,in which every player including the keeper lacks confidence and you're here overhyping their sorry ass.
The only goal they scored was an individual brilliance from vini jr while we can say de bruyne goal seem more like team play,so it took an individual brilliance from a player to help them get a draw at home and you're here yapping.
The same Leipzig when city use wipe floor beat Madrid in the group stages
Myopic capping. If not who comot man city last season after all the noise una make. Still go beat in form Liverpool for final but you somehow avoided that side of the story. Anything to satisfy your emotions cheesy
Make una dey try rest small na. Una no dey tire with noise making? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by SPAMBOX7: 1:38pm On May 11, 2023
Peacecore:
I don't want this to be the straw you are going to hold if Man City qualify to final grin
Oga everybody wants man city to win the ucl. They don too suffer.
But that does not mean some people will come out from nowhere and be forming like Man City are the ones doing more harm to Madrid.
Person sack you 2016 go win trophy still sack you 2022 go win again. You wey never even do once no wan allow person hear word. Just like someone who hasn't proved themselves expecting some accolades/credit. Who does that? cheesy
Make una dey try rest small.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by SPAMBOX7: 1:44pm On May 11, 2023
Peacecore:
Oga just go sleep, u no sabi ball...shey na City u dey call small club ni?
Man City na babies where Madrid dey. Only person wey smoke wetin pass am go think otherwise.
Both past and present Madrid no be anybody mate for soccer.
All these baby man city fans with their delusions cheesy
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Kukutenla: 2:32pm On May 11, 2023
Android17:
Stop arguing like a child. I don't live in Nigeria and I don't have access to your link.

This is the official UEFA CL highlights from their main partners in North America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFU1rF6DfWs

Why is the KDB highlight not here?

Listen to what the commentator said about the Benzema highlight as well.

Incase you want to pretend, here is a screenshot from the play by play commentary. You can search it out for yourself. I don't like debating with people who cannot do simple research.

By the way I never said Rodri's was a chance. I asked you to mention the chances RM created and you brought up Tchouameni's shot. It was a highlight reel and long range shot but it is not a chance.

A chance is an opportunity that usually results in a goal. That was not an opportunity that usually results in a goal.
Stop calling me names before I unleash on you.
Your link is not working as well
The part occurred in the 51st minute not 53 and Rudiger cleared the ball after Courtois' save.
I don't know where Dominisk the reporter got his commentary from but he sure wasn't talking about that particular chance cause it wasn't flagged offside. It's obvious you did not watch the match but relied on hearsay from Dominisk just as I previously observed.
Go back and watch the match and see the chance in the 51st minute. I repeat, 51ST MINUTE
Shots like Tchouameni's almost always result in a goal when goalbound. It was a chance and was counted as a chance for madrid.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Peacecore: 3:32pm On May 11, 2023
SPAMBOX7:
Man City na babies where Madrid dey. Only person wey smoke wetin pass am go think otherwise.
Both past and present Madrid no be anybody mate for soccer.
All these baby man city fans with their delusions cheesy
I guess you too like your past pass your present. They shouldn't have waited for second leg to beat the minor nah grin
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Peacecore: 3:35pm On May 11, 2023
SPAMBOX7:
Oga everybody wants man city to win the ucl. They don too suffer.
But that does not mean some people will come out from nowhere and be forming like Man City are the ones doing more harm to Madrid.
Person sack you 2016 go win trophy still sack you 2022 go win again. You wey never even do once no wan allow person hear word. Just like someone who hasn't proved themselves expecting some accolades/credit. Who does that? cheesy
Make una dey try rest small.
Oga just rest sha I don see say u don dey change mouth grin which one be say everybody wan make City win am? Even you?? U dey whine me ni grin grin grin
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Android17: 4:57pm On May 11, 2023
Kukutenla:

The part occurred in the 51st minute not 53 and Rudiger cleared the ball after Courtois' save.
I don't know where Dominisk the reporter got his commentary from but he sure wasn't talking about that particular chance cause it wasn't flagged offside. It's obvious you did not watch the match but relied on hearsay from Dominisk just as I previously observed.
Go back and watch the match and see the chance in the 51st minute. I repeat, 51ST MINUTE
Shots like Tchouameni's almost always result in a goal when goalbound. It was a chance and was counted as a chance for madrid.
I dislike people who will rather lie than accept they were wrong. There was no chance at the 51st minute otherwise the play by play commentary will mention it.

The KDB chance was the one from a Bernardo Silva pass that had him bearing down the RM box from the right till he was 1 v 1 but from the side. Courtois saved it with his right trailing arm but it was ruled offside. That was the 53rd minute. If I did not watch the match tell me how I knew about this chance before bringing evidence from the play by play?

There is nothing like shots from bla bla...a chance is an opportunity that usually results in a converted goal. Long range shots are not chances. They will be recorded as a shot on target but not a chance. Just the same way corner kicks are not recorded as chances even though people sometimes score from them. A chance from a corner will be one in which the player received the ball in the box.

You have now graduated from lying KDB was not offside to pretending you did not hear the commentator say Benzema was offside. Now you have claimed a long range shot was regarded as a chance even though you cannot prove it. You have also claimed RM had more chances but when I ask you for the events and stats to back this, you have provided nothing.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Android17: 4:59pm On May 11, 2023
Kukutenla:

This is an example of a play by play commentary.

https://theathletic.com/live-blogs/real-madrid-manchester-city-live-score-updates-result-champions-league/guDa0ITcZYoP/
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Kukutenla: 6:44pm On May 11, 2023
Android17:
I dislike people who will rather lie than accept they were wrong. There was no chance at the 51st minute otherwise the play by play commentary will mention it.

The KDB chance was the one from a Bernardo Silva pass that had him bearing down the RM box from the right till he was 1 v 1 but from the side. Courtois saved it with his right trailing arm but it was ruled offside. That was the 53rd minute. If I did not watch the match tell me how I knew about this chance before bringing evidence from the play by play?

There is nothing like shots from bla bla...a chance is an opportunity that usually results in a converted goal. Long range shots are not chances. They will be recorded as a shot on target but not a chance. Just the same way corner kicks are not recorded as chances even though people sometimes score from them. A chance from a corner will be one in which the player received the ball in the box.

You have now graduated from lying KDB was not offside to pretending you did not hear the commentator say Benzema was offside. Now you have claimed a long range shot was regarded as a chance even though you cannot prove it. You have also claimed RM had more chances but when I ask you for the events and stats to back this, you have provided nothing.
Below is the commentary from Goal.com. At least you have access to that site. You can clearly see the KDB chance there on 52' and it was not ruled offside. I don't know where you got yours from.

The commentator is neither the ref nor linesman to rule a play offside. He gave his opinion just like anyone else. As far as play is concerned, Benz was not offside and that counted as a chance for madrid. So relying on the opinion of a commentator to call a play shows your poor understanding of football.

Long range shots are chances of they are well laid out. It's ridiculous to say corner is not a chance when it's actually an attacking play. You know nothing about football.
Go and check the stats I copied from Opta on page 27. https://www.nairaland.com/7659224/real-madrid-vs-manchester-city/26#123043648

Madrid had more xG (0.63) than Man City (0.6) and higher number of shots.
I hope you're aware immediately after Vini's goal, Benz had another chance at goal that deflected off a city player for a corner. You keep proving you didn't watch the match.

Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by SPAMBOX7: 6:49pm On May 11, 2023
Peacecore:
I guess you too like your past pass your present. They shouldn't have waited for second leg to beat the minor nah grin
Na second leg dem dey finish work. I can understand that you have been clouded with sentiment that you even forgot that. There is no point indulging with you further.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Kukutenla: 6:52pm On May 11, 2023
Android17:

This is an example of a play by play commentary.

https://theathletic.com/live-blogs/real-madrid-manchester-city-live-score-updates-result-champions-league/guDa0ITcZYoP/
Lol. Is this a joke or what? How's this a play by play commentary? What you have there is opinion of pundits not live commentary you're looking for.

Go to Goal.com for live commentary of the match as I directed you. Learn before you leap.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Android17: 7:21pm On May 11, 2023
Kukutenla:

Below is the commentary from Goal.com. At least you have access to that site. You can clearly see the KDB chance there on 52' and it was not ruled offside. I don't know where you got yours from.

The commentator is neither the ref nor linesman to rule a play offside. He gave his opinion just like anyone else. As far as play is concerned, Benz was not offside and that counted as a chance for madrid. So relying on the opinion of a commentator to call a play shows your poor understanding of football.

Long range shots are chances of they are well laid out. It's ridiculous to say corner is not a chance when it's actually an attacking play. You know nothing about football.
Go and check the stats I copied from Opta on page 27. https://www.nairaland.com/7659224/real-madrid-vs-manchester-city/26#123043648

Madrid had more xG (0.63) than Man City (0.6) and higher number of shots.
I hope you're aware immediately after Vini's goal, Benz had another chance at goal that deflected off a city player for a corner. You keep proving you didn't watch the match.
Stop talking crap if you have issues understanding basic facts.

I told you that Benz's chance counted as 1 even though it was not and that if he scored it would have been reviewed and canceled. I even went further to use John Stones' goal against Arsenal to give you a similar instance where adjudication was done same way. That is my way of telling you that that 1 big chance that opta (in your link) attributed to RM is ruled off as null and void. A mere paperweight stat that had no way of influencing the game. Notice your Tchouameni shot was not counted by opta right? Learn to listen when people more knowledgeable than you are speaking.

And speaking of knowledge; you just tried to cite goal.com in-place of the Athletic as though ones opinion is higher than the others. Thats how silly you are. This is from Aljazeera. I can bring more. Tell me why other reporters know the same thing I saw and you are arguing aimlessly.

And did you try to cite 0.63 and 0.6 as different? They are statistically the same especially when one of the factors that went into that XG for RM includes Benz's header that was off and subtracts KDBs that was ruled offside during the game. I don't even know why I am debating with you who just keeps tossing and turning without direction.

Benz's deflected shot is a chance? What will you say about Haaland's that Alaba blocked then? Don't be funny. Shots on target are a better metric of determining which team was troubling the keeper.

Which keeper had more saves to make? You are counting useless shots from outside of the box some of which Ederson did not even dive for because they flew over the bar. You are struggling to make sense.

Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Kukutenla: 9:21pm On May 11, 2023
Android17:
Stop talking crap if you have issues understanding basic facts.

I told you that Benz's chance counted as 1 even though it was not and that if he scored it would have been reviewed and canceled. I even went further to use John Stones' goal against Arsenal to give you a similar instance where adjudication was done same way. That is my way of telling you that that 1 big chance that opta (in your link) attributed to RM is ruled off as null and void. A mere paperweight stat that had no way of influencing the game. Notice your Tchouameni shot was not counted by opta right? Learn to listen when people more knowledgeable than you are speaking.

And speaking of knowledge; you just tried to cite goal.com in-place of the Athletic as though ones opinion is higher than the others. Thats how silly you are. This is from Aljazeera. I can bring more. Tell me why other reporters know the same thing I saw and you are arguing aimlessly.

And did you try to cite 0.63 and 0.6 as different? They are statistically the same especially when one of the factors that went into that XG for RM includes Benz's header that was off and subtracts KDBs that was ruled offside during the game. I don't even know why I am debating with you who just keeps tossing and turning without direction.

Benz's deflected shot is a chance? What will you say about Haaland's that Alaba blocked then? Don't be funny. Shots on target are a better metric of determining which team was troubling the keeper.

Which keeper had more saves to make? You are counting useless shots from outside of the box some of which Ederson did not even dive for because they flew over the bar. You are struggling to make sense.
It's obvious you have issues with comprehension.
You can't decipherbetween live commentary, which is a written narrative of what's happening on pitch as it happens, devoid of second opinions and pundits making comments on a match. Your screenshot clearly says "he may have been offside". Is "may" a definite description of what's happening on- field? The fact remains that the Benz and KDB'S chances were not offside as far as the match is concerned. If you can't understand that fact, I really don't see how I can help you. And it's funny you're still claiming KDB'S chance is offside even when your Aljazeera post clearly showed it wasn't ruled offside in agreement with that of Goal.com. You clearly have issues with comprehension

And you're wrong. Tchouameni's chance was counted for madrid and Goal.com clearly labelled it a chance just as a corner is seen as an attacking chance.

Go back and check your Athletic link. There's no live commentary there just opinions of pundits about the game. Like i said, you have comprehension issues.

It's funny you round up xG because it favors Madrid. I'm sure if the balance was towards City you won't do that. You're just too biased.

Of course, Halaand's deflected strike and the tame shot and header were counted as chances for City even though there's no chance of any of them hitting the net. Benz's deflected chance was also a good chance as well and is counted as blocked shot.

Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Android17: 3:20pm On May 12, 2023
Kukutenla:

It's obvious you have issues with comprehension.
You can't decipherbetween live commentary, which is a written narrative of what's happening on pitch as it happens, devoid of second opinions and pundits making comments on a match. Your screenshot clearly says "he may have been offside". Is "may" a definite description of what's happening on- field? The fact remains that the Benz and KDB'S chances were not offside as far as the match is concerned. If you can't understand that fact, I really don't see how I can help you. And it's funny you're still claiming KDB'S chance is offside even when your Aljazeera post clearly showed it wasn't ruled offside in agreement with that of Goal.com. You clearly have issues with comprehension

And you're wrong. Tchouameni's chance was counted for madrid and Goal.com clearly labelled it a chance just as a corner is seen as an attacking chance.

Go back and check your Athletic link. There's no live commentary there just opinions of pundits about the game. Like i said, you have comprehension issues.

It's funny you round up xG because it favors Madrid. I'm sure if the balance was towards City you won't do that. You're just too biased.

Of course, Halaand's deflected strike and the tame shot and header were counted as chances for City even though there's no chance of any of them hitting the net. Benz's deflected chance was also a good chance as well and is counted as blocked shot.
Constantly chatting wass. Just bring your own opta stats and show us the number of big chances counted for RM so we will see if Tchouameni's shot or anything else not named the Benz header was factored.

Someone is talking A you are talking Z. I already told you how chances are counted as stats. It is not the nonsense you are talking about. You just even claimed that the Athletic link was not play by play. Hahaha.

You need to go back to school. Understanding is far from you.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Kukutenla: 7:47pm On May 12, 2023
Android17:
Constantly chatting wass. Just bring your own opta stats and show us the number of big chances counted for RM so we will see if Tchouameni's shot or anything else not named the Benz header was factored.

Someone is talking A you are talking Z. I already told you how chances are counted as stats. It is not the nonsense you are talking about. You just even claimed that the Athletic link was not play by play. Hahaha.

You need to go back to school. Understanding is far from you.
This dude...
This is a stat posted by a man city supporter on this thread. You can see Madrid had more xG than Man City. The next one was copied from your athletic blog. Madrid has xG of .7 to City's .55 which implies more chances at goal by over a point.
Lastly, the last post is the intro of your athletic blog which shows it's match analysis and not live commentary.
You messed up so bad. You just saw "live" and assumed it's live commentary.
Your understanding is bleeped up!!

Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Android17: 8:37pm On May 12, 2023
Kukutenla:

This dude...
This is a stat posted by a man city supporter on this thread. You can see Madrid had more xG than Man City. The next one was copied from your athletic blog. Madrid has xG of .7 to City's .55 which implies more chances at goal by over a point.
Lastly, the last post is the intro of your athletic blog which shows it's match analysis and not live commentary.
You messed up so bad. You just saw "live" and assumed it's live commentary.
Your understanding is bleeped up!!
Mumutenla, how is XG calculated? Don't you know that the team that takes more shots will have more XG even if the shots are all the nonsense over the bar shots?

Before you type. Pause, Google some facts so you don't come off as unresearched. You actually think 0.7 XG is a quantifiable stat? Buahahaha
Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City :UCL (1 - 1) On 9th May 2023 by Kukutenla: 11:19pm On May 12, 2023
Android17:
Mumutenla, how is XG calculated? Don't you know that the team that takes more shots will have more XG even if the shots are all the nonsense over the bar shots?

Before you type. Pause, Google some facts so you don't come off as unresearched. You actually think 0.7 XG is a quantifiable stat? Buahahaha
You see how you are now. You have now come off claiming Benz's shot doesn't count and KDB's shot was offside.
You have suddenly realized that taking more shots means more xG which means your claims about Tchouameni's effort are pure unadulterated nonsense.
You have also arrived at the place were you realise you fooled yourself into thinking Athletic was running a live commentary.
What you want to be doing now is arguing against facts that you provided yourself.
Are you not confused?
Adios

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 4) On 20th April 2022 / Watford Vs Manchester United (3 - 1) On 18th September 2016 / Chelsea, Man City Face Relegation From EPL After Everton Point Deduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.