Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Tell Us Your Experience In The Hands Of Nigerian Mechanics AKA Kazeem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Experience In The Hands Of Nigerian Mechanics AKA Kazeem (604 Views)

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them / 6 Ways To Avoid Being Ripped Off By Nigerian Mechanics / Turn Your Kazeem To A Gazzuzz or A Radautoworks. Thread For Broke Car Owners. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Us Your Experience In The Hands Of Nigerian Mechanics AKA Kazeem by MRDEE01: 1:14pm On Apr 20, 2023
Years back my friend had this honda accord that developed gear problem when he went somewhere, the car was automatic and couldn't go beyond gear one.
He managed to take the car to the mechanic.

The mechanic guy said the problem was the top gasket,and it was going to cost 35k to fix.
My guy got angry and took the car home.
Little did he know that the anger was God trying to save him from the hand of kazeem.

We eventually carried ourselves back to the guy.
The work he estimated to take 35k later entered 47k.
My friend protested and calmed down.

At the end of the day the gear did not still select well,the guy will ask us to buy this and buy that until the money spent was almost 100k,the gear still did not work well.

He ended up damaging the engine of the car.

It was later another mechanic came and discovered it was the speedometer that had issues which didn't take up to five thousand naira to fix

That was how kazeem damaged a new engine will his half baked car experience.

nlfpmod
Seun
mynd44
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Experience In The Hands Of Nigerian Mechanics AKA Kazeem by MRDEE01: 1:19pm On Apr 20, 2023
Let me drop this general observation I made about mechanics.

If you go to any mechanic and see plenty expensive cars abandoned everytime, RUN.
It is either He Charges expensive or he doesn't really know the work.
The later is mostly the case because people who buy such expensive cars,money to fix it won't be a problem.

I am saying this because I have observed that most people choose mechanics to fix their cars based on the number of "fine" cars always parked at the mechanics workshop.
Re: Tell Us Your Experience In The Hands Of Nigerian Mechanics AKA Kazeem by kernniejay(m): 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2023
Somebody bought a Nigerian used Honda Accord and the seller introduced him to a nearby mechanic. While doing some repairs on the car, the mechanic drove the car in mud and the mud covered radiator. When the new owner was driving home, overheating began and valve seal was burnt, las las the engine continue to smoke and kill plugs until the new owner sold it as scrap.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Experience In The Hands Of Nigerian Mechanics AKA Kazeem by nurey(m): 6:32pm On Apr 21, 2023
Mechanic handled a neighbors W203 with the Turbo engine should be the C180 kompressor, they have warned him severally to leave the vehicle alone he can't handle it.

I was peeping at my window as a peeping TOM that I am, na so I hear gboa, engine come catch faya grin it was put off sha but the car remained in that position till the owner left a year later grin
Re: Tell Us Your Experience In The Hands Of Nigerian Mechanics AKA Kazeem by olumzzz(m): 8:10pm On Apr 21, 2023
nurey:
Mechanic handled a neighbors W203 with the Turbo engine should be the C180 kompressor, they have warned him severally to leave the vehicle alone he can't handle it.

I was peeping at my window as a peeping TOM that I am, na so I hear gboa, engine come catch faya grin it was put off sha but the car remained in that position till the owner left a year later grin
Bros c180 kompressor no get turbo o
Re: Tell Us Your Experience In The Hands Of Nigerian Mechanics AKA Kazeem by nurey(m): 8:45pm On Apr 21, 2023
olumzzz:

Bros c180 kompressor no get turbo o

Supercharger should be the M271
Re: Tell Us Your Experience In The Hands Of Nigerian Mechanics AKA Kazeem by olumzzz(m): 8:56pm On Apr 21, 2023
nurey:

Supercharger should be the M271
Better
Re: Tell Us Your Experience In The Hands Of Nigerian Mechanics AKA Kazeem by xpressionx(m): 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2023
I remember what Mechanic did to my car.
He did not tight my steering well.
I was driving and it was as if village people was dragging steering with me.

When I took it to another mechanic he told me I was lucky,that the steering has almost loosened,I could have lost control of the car.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Experience In The Hands Of Nigerian Mechanics AKA Kazeem by baconline(m): 6:48pm On Apr 23, 2023
The remote button on a friend's smart fortwo got broken, without the unlock button working car will not start, he took it to a mechanic, the mechanic destroyed the gearbox and brainbox . The original fix was just 500 naira, now it's the 500 naira plus new ecu and gearbox

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Guys I Really Need Your Help With My Corolla O5 / Car maintenance to save fuel / Traded In Honda Vs Toyota From Coutonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.