Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

My Sad Experience With A Muslim - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Sad Experience With A Muslim (353 Views)

Sad Experience From Hicash (cashbus) Loan App / My Sad Experience With Gtbank: Are Our ATM Cards Really Safe? / My Sad Experience With SARS Personnel Today (2) (3) (4)

My Sad Experience With A Muslim by Sageez(m): 11:21pm On Apr 20, 2023
Please this thread ain't intended to talk down on Islam as a religion but just to pure out my heart as this is really hurting. Please note, there are many good Muslims out there and I have met a lot of them.
In 2019, I was posted to one of the North Eastern States, I was excited because I have always wanted to go to the North.
I serve, I gave my all and was even awarded by the community I served in.

Early this year, I started making plans to set up a business there so I called a few friends to get a suitable place for the business.
After about 2weeks, they found a place so perfect for it. But there was a problem; the cost of renting the place was so high and I will be the one to build the warehouse.

After much pleading, they gave the land for 50% of the initial price which was stillon the high side.

I agreed, paid and built on the land. We finished building on Monday (2 days ago)

Yesterday(Tuesday) , I got a call from the man managing the place for me saying Alhaji(the landlord) is back from Mica and he said he doesn't want a Christian using or occupying any of his property.
We begged him till this evening but he still refused. He has promised to pay back everything I spent but man! I feel really sad.
I wanted that place and even took a loan hoping that I'd repay it within the shortest period but my hope and plan has been dashed just because of religion.

But sha, nothing spoil. The hustle still continues.

Please forgive my typos and grammatical error
Re: My Sad Experience With A Muslim by Jesse6(m): 11:32pm On Apr 20, 2023
Religion and tribalism don do us shege for this country .
All the best bro.
Hard times be like sugar if e no happen the story no go later sweet

Re: My Sad Experience With A Muslim by Sageez(m): 11:36pm On Apr 20, 2023
Jesse6:
Religion and tribalism don do us shege for the country .
All the best bro.
Hard times be like sugar if e no happen the story no go later sweet

I swear. Thanks man
Re: My Sad Experience With A Muslim by OKUCHI11(m): 11:38pm On Apr 20, 2023
Ha... Kaferi or kayiri banzai... Ba mu so na ... ko ba kacjin a bunde na ce
Re: My Sad Experience With A Muslim by Sageez(m): 11:40pm On Apr 20, 2023
OKUCHI11:
Ha... Kaferi or kayiri banzai... Ba mu so na ... ko ba kacjin a bunde na ce
Sorry, I don't understand what you typed. My hausa is still at the cut and join stage
Re: My Sad Experience With A Muslim by amnesty7: 11:41pm On Apr 20, 2023
You're a terrible liar, Sir.
Re: My Sad Experience With A Muslim by Sageez(m): 11:43pm On Apr 20, 2023
amnesty7:
You're a terrible liar, Sir.
Thanks. But before you sleep, put me in your prayers. It will mean a lot to me if I get a call tomorrow that Alhaji has changed his mind

Re: My Sad Experience With A Muslim by jaeyking(m): 11:53pm On Apr 20, 2023
I seriously find this hard to believe.

Many years in core northern states, if you had said north western states, I would have believed but north eastern are tribal Muslims.

Well the man has his reasons and since you said, the man promised to pay you all your expenses,

I don't see a reason why you posted this unless to draw unnecessary religion sentiments

Just like the way Convenant university doesn't allow Hijab,
Al Hiklam university enforces Hijab on all
Catholic school you must attend Cathetism and all
A copas lodge will give you rules and regulations attending church or mosque (depending on the faith

So Oga Ur post is irrelevant as it is a personal property

every individual with his or her own wants and needs.

Re: My Sad Experience With A Muslim by Offpointng: 12:10am On Apr 21, 2023
Sageez:

Thanks. But before you sleep, put me in your prayers. It will mean a lot to me if I get a call tomorrow that Alhaji has changed his mind

What state in particular if I may ask
Re: My Sad Experience With A Muslim by Sageez(m): 12:14am On Apr 21, 2023
jaeyking:
I seriously find this hard to believe.

Many years in core northern states, if you had said north western states, I would have believed but north eastern are tribal Muslims.

Well the man has his reasons and since you said, the man promised to pay you all your expenses,

I don't see a reason why you posted this unless to draw unnecessary religion sentiments

Just like the way Convenant university doesn't allow Hijab,
Al Hiklam university enforces Hijab on all
Catholic school you must attend Cathetism and all
A copas lodge will give you rules and regulations attending church or mosque (depending on the faith

So Oga Ur post is irrelevant as it is a personal property

every individual with his or her own wants and needs.

My joy was him promising to pay back everything I spent.
I am just sad and frustrated that someone would deny me his property not because I am a bad person but on the ground that I am a Christian.

Re: My Sad Experience With A Muslim by jaeyking(m): 12:24am On Apr 21, 2023
Sageez:

My joy was him promising to pay back everything I spent.
I am just sad and frustrated that someone would deny me his property not because I am a bad person but on the ground that I am a Christian.

Read my post well and understand it's a personal property his choice
Re: My Sad Experience With A Muslim by Comelysync: 7:16am On Apr 21, 2023
jaeyking:

he read your post very well, his choice i agree, the only problem I have with this thread is the word "a Muslim", we have bigots in a shape and sphere in all ethnic groups, tribes, race, politics and of course the oldest and most toxic one "religion".
Op will be surprised if he goes to Anambra and find out that a landlord who is a catholic will refuse to rent his property to you because you are a Celestian or a catholic. He will be surprised that a Yoruba man from Ilé-Ifè refuses to rent a house to a fellow Yoruba man from modakeke.
I understand his plight he has spent effort, time and strength... Just calculate all in it and give the man the bill shikena... Don't let it be outrageous because you will lose both ways.
Re: My Sad Experience With A Muslim by Sageez(m): 7:31am On Apr 21, 2023
jaeyking:

Yeah I get it. It's his property
Re: My Sad Experience With A Muslim by Sageez(m): 7:37am On Apr 21, 2023
Comelysync:
he read your post very well, his choice i agree, the only problem I have with this thread is the word "a Muslim", we have bigots in a shape and sphere in all ethnic groups, tribes, race, politics and of course the oldest and most toxic one "religion".
Op will be surprised if he goes to Anambra and find out that a landlord who is a catholic will refuse to rent his property to you because you are a Celestian or a catholic. He will be surprised that a Yoruba man from Ilé-Ifè refuses to rent a house to a fellow Yoruba man from modakeke.
I understand his plight he has spent effort, time and strength... Just calculate all in it and give the man the bill shikena... Don't let it be outrageous because you will lose both ways.

Nop, I know the exact amount I spent and I intend giving him same, no addition.

Re: My Sad Experience With A Muslim by jaeyking(m): 11:08am On Apr 21, 2023
Comelysync:

Same thing I told him

Remembering Sasha Czack A Farewell To A Remarkable Life / Man United Defender Marcos Rojo Granted UK Visa / Ebola Report In Oau