Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,430 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? (72722 Views)

How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries / Africa Countries That Started And Completed Their Rail Mass Transit After Lagos / 6 Common Things We Do That Cause Accident While Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by DearGorgeous(f): 10:59pm On Apr 26, 2023
chudez0147:
Op didn't talk about language barrier

Yeah, that's important. But there will always be a way, right?
Thanks for bringing that up.
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by aboyaji(m): 11:01pm On Apr 26, 2023
Ken4Christ:

I mean a self contained. It seems accommodation is more expensive there. But I think the minimum wage should be far better.
yes accomodation is very expensive there.

Self con is called a studio and you could get for 35k and above in the rural area. Not basically village. But around the borders of rural and urban areas.

2 Likes

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Ken4Christ: 12:12am On Apr 27, 2023
aboyaji:
yes accomodation is very expressive there.

Self con is called a studio and you could get for 35k and above in the rural area. Not basically village. But around the borders of rural and urban areas.

OK thanks
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Xylon: 12:22am On Apr 27, 2023
Orfankwagh:
Every country good,na only NIGERIA my country no good. Yet some people with all the OP write up here,them still they support that cartel man make e come add fuel ontop the small damages wey we dey fight against.
Try go stay for Ukraine or Somalia
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Gerrard59(m): 2:29am On Apr 27, 2023
miketayo:

I have been there and you need to check stats.
Same thing can be said about south African and Botswana.

Just tell me why you think Nigeria the poverty capital of the world is better than a working Namibia country?
I have been to Namibia have you? Why not just use Google and compare both counties.

South Africa's economy is the second biggest in sub-Saharan Africa, so SA should be omitted. The issue you are having is akin to those who praise the infrastructure in Akwa Ibom and say because of that, she is better than Lagos. However, the unemployment rate in Akwa Ibom is more than four times that of Lagos. That is how Nigeria is to Namibia.
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by miketayo(m): 7:27am On Apr 27, 2023
Gerrard59:

South Africa's economy is the second biggest in sub-Saharan Africa, so SA should be omitted. The issue you are having is akin to those who praise the infrastructure in Akwa Ibom and say because of that, she is better than Lagos. However, the unemployment rate in Akwa Ibom is more than four times that of Lagos. That is how Nigeria is to Namibia.

why should SA be omitted, their whites makes up majority of the wealthy class. infrastructure aside what is the unemployment rate in Nigeria compared to Namibia, it is almost doubled. You haven't given me a reason why you feel Nigeria is better, especially for the common man.
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by lastkingsman: 2:38pm On Apr 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Nna men cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

No wonder the child birth rate is low and population growth slowed down. No kukere
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Maddict1: 7:07pm On Apr 27, 2023
omo all of these is interesting.. But I'm more concerned about Benin Republic, Can anyone give me a total rundown of the cost of living for a single guy over there please? Cotonou or Porto Novo pls
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by flowers4me(f): 12:53am On Apr 29, 2023
aboyaji:

Please is this inclusive of electric and water bills?
What about waste disposal and house security bills?

How is the internet when doing live streaming and video call like?
And how much CFA does it go for?
Sorry for too many questions.
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by aboyaji(m): 7:31pm On Apr 29, 2023
flowers4me:

Please is this inclusive of electric and water bills?
What about waste disposal and house security bills?

How is the internet when doing live streaming and video call like?
And how much CFA does it go for?
Sorry for too many questions.

E remain make I answer na grin

1. My rent was inclusive of the light Bill and water. Don't know for other places.

2. They have an organised waste disposal system. You drop your waste well packed in a black nylon and drop it outside where others do.

3. Their network is very good.

4. With 500 CFA, you can get 500 mb. Tuesday, Saturday is double Data. 500 gives you 1gb on those days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by CBR100: 8:41am On May 02, 2023
Ken4Christ:

I think countries colonized by the French are far better than those colonized by Britain.

The British people are so self centered. They are also exploitative.

They handed over the country to corrupt politicians who are still controlling things.

We will get there when we have the right leaders at the top.

stop blamibg he colonial masters

they handed over the country to Tarawa balewa, awolowo and zik of Africa , ransom kuti, etc

dey at the best hand as at dat tym
we at the ones dat killed those ppl ourselves

dey hand over a working institution, na we kill am

dey hand over a functioning railway and port system nah we kill am ourselves

dey hand over a progressive agriculture export system, na we turn am to importation country our sef

so all years of coup and counter coup dat waste Lyk 40years......at the British to blame

nah the same system dey gave Indonesia and Malaysia we were given .....how come those country at progressing ??
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by CBR100: 8:44am On May 02, 2023
Maddict1:
omo all of these is interesting.. But I'm more concerned about Benin Republic, Can anyone give me a total rundown of the cost of living for a single guy over there please? Cotonou or Porto Novo pls

no go suffer yourself.......accommodation rent is too much in all those countries.......the amount u go rent 2 bedroom flat in akoka-yaba Lagos is the same u go pay in a very bushy village ......

most of there low-middle class live in hut and slums

1 Like

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by CBR100: 8:50am On May 02, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Nigeria population is not an excuse for her poverty. Is Nigeria bigger than US?
Make your objective comments on the experience of the Nigeria in Ivory Coast.
If this is what you describe as poverty, I think I like that poverty.
population can also be an excuse

america 300 million. over 9million square meter land mass Nigeria 200 million ....less than 1 million sqaure meter land mass
america 11million barrel of oil produce for 300m ppl Nigeria 2million barrel of oil produce for 200m ppl

1 Like

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Chidolalar: 12:17pm On May 02, 2023
aboyaji:

Imagine a self con for 35k in a month in a rural area not even urban, that is like 420k a year.
420k u will use to rent a self con for Three years in naija or three bed room flat for two years in a rural area in naija
It means accomodations or rents is far expensive over there in Ivory coast than naija
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Chidolalar: 12:21pm On May 02, 2023
CBR100:

no go suffer yourself.......accommodation rent is too much in all those countries.......the amount u go rent 2 bedroom flat in akoka-yaba Lagos is the same u go pay in a very bushy village ......

Yes accomodation is very expensive over there compared to naija.
And I wonder why it is like dat wen their standard of living and economy is not worth d hype
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by CBR100: 1:35pm On May 02, 2023
Chidolalar:

Yes accomodation is very expensive over there compared to naija.
And I wonder why it is like dat wen their standard of living and economy is not worth d hype

dat is because of inadequate housing ......imagine make a house in village be collecting half a million naira as annual rent .......

majority lives in slum and hut

2 Likes

Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by aboyaji(m): 10:53pm On May 02, 2023
Chidolalar:

Imagine a self con for 35k in a month in a rural area not even urban, that is like 420k a year.
420k u will use to rent a self con for Three years in naija or three bed room flat for two years in a rural area in naija
It means accomodations or rents is far expensive over there in Ivory coast than naija

Yes. Really something to consider before migrating. A big factor.
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Prosperity4All: 7:51am On May 05, 2023
Maddict1:
You are better off getting the information you need watching videos so you can visually compare also.
Search Bizclime on YouTube, the channel has good information on Bénin Republic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpH1HKbWTKs
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by McGeorge1(m): 10:12pm On May 05, 2023
pansophist:

By bus, roughy 50k max, with refreshments even if you know how to go in a ´cut and join´ manner. Take a bus to the border, then another bus to Aflao, then from Aflao to Accra, then from Accra to the border Takoradi, then from Takoradi to the border, then from Border to Abidjan. Or if you take a direct bus, then it's a full day, as in, 24 hours trip even at night.

Please can we chat about this on WhatsApp?
This is my number 07031170410
Thanks
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by Maddict1: 9:39am On May 06, 2023
CBR100:

I'm not planning to relocate permanently sha, it's just stay for like 6 months to learn french
Re: What Common Things Surprised You In Other Countries that is lacking in Nigeria? by flowers4me(f): 1:15am On May 09, 2023
aboyaji:

E remain make I answer na grin

1. My rent was inclusive of the light Bill and water. Don't know for other places.

2. They have an organised waste disposal system. You drop your waste well packed in a black nylon and drop it outside where others do.

3. Their network is very good.

4. With 500 CFA, you can get 500 mb. Tuesday, Saturday is double Data. 500 gives you 1gb on those days.

Thank you so much

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Twitter War: Nigeria Vs Kenya (Photos) / Huge Rock In Saudi Arabia Looks Like It Was Cut In Half With Laser Beam(Pics) / Lagos Passenger Sleeping Refused To Wake Up After Reaching Last Bus Stop (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.