Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,791 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? (33454 Views)

Should Marital Advice Be Taken From An Unmarried(single) Person / Married Men With Children, How Much Do You Spend On Running Your Home Weekly? / How Much Do You Spend Daily As A Married Or Single Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by EriMma1: 8:07am On Apr 25, 2023
seanwilliam:

Bro, i don’t think cooking is more expensive than eating outside o.

In my own area, it is.
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by damosky12(m): 8:12am On Apr 25, 2023
adeoyekay:
Weekly 6k

You no dey chop? If you dey chop, you no dey go out? If you dey go out, you no dey give (offerings and charity)?
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by damosky12(m): 8:14am On Apr 25, 2023
GeneralPula:
5k daily and that’s 35k weekly..

Some weeks e no dey reach 35..

5k daily? Obviously you don't cook...
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by damosky12(m): 8:16am On Apr 25, 2023
EriMma1:
In a week, if I don't cook, 15k.
If I cook, 30k

This is with management o. If I say make i do anyhow, 40k dey go live!

Omor, it is well.

LOL. Cooking literally saves cost...
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by damosky12(m): 8:22am On Apr 25, 2023
Bullrun:

Dude stay off my mention with that poverty mentality.

grin Dear, not everyone is making money illegally. Alright, people who make their monies with dignity will not spend it lavishly.
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by KingMack(m): 8:30am On Apr 25, 2023
30-40k
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by DMCY: 8:33am On Apr 25, 2023
seanwilliam:
left to me, no. That’s just 200k in a month .
I know, it do pass that sometimes sef but we move regardless ✌️
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Godsongang: 8:34am On Apr 25, 2023
I don't know how much I spend a day, talk less of a week. Spending with reckless abandon.
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by SonofGod231: 8:55am On Apr 25, 2023
emmaodet:

Are you working on a surfer boat as suffer engineer to be earning 320k per month?
Your brother who is an AB with income of 800k monthly is into OPEC. I dey the industry too
Yeah, I work on a small security surfer boat.
You know the business,na suffer ohh.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by SonofGod231: 9:00am On Apr 25, 2023
seanwilliam:

Some POS business make around 400k in a month depends on the location and your capital . Infact some make around 600k ( selling phone accessories and charging join ). Don’t argue .
And some have more than 1stand.

I was referring to petty POS business...It's the mentality coz i don't know why many people here always make it look like everyone here is starving....So we should be arrested for Spending above minimum wage a week...Abi living a normal life now has suddenly become a crime?!

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by seanwilliam(m): 9:29am On Apr 25, 2023
DMCY:

I know, it do pass that sometimes sef but we move regardless ✌️

Just ensure you have multiple source of income and spend way lower than your income. Calculating how much you spend sometimes ehn, will be giving you headache .

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by seanwilliam(m): 9:30am On Apr 25, 2023
SonofGod231:

I was referring to petty POS business...It's the mentality coz i don't know why many people here always make it look like everyone here is starving....So we should be arrested for Spending above minimum wage a week... Abi living a normal life now has suddenly become a crime?!
I get your point now .
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by seanwilliam(m): 9:32am On Apr 25, 2023
vickydevoka:

2.7 odd no bad. I for even cash out the 450,000k like that. Greed no let me. Before then I loose 100k , o say make I recover . Omo I don finally run. I go still recover but no be now abeg. Make I see better money again
just ensure it’s not affecting your savings and life in general. Betting no be husle , have it at the back of your mind .

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by seanwilliam(m): 9:34am On Apr 25, 2023
Gerrard59:

Someone like me. I am willing to spend any amount to eat good food.
I eat good food alot no be small .
That’s the only thing I enjoy of my own sweat grin
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by LordAdam16: 9:45am On Apr 25, 2023
emmaodet:

Are you working on a surfer boat as suffer engineer to be earning 320k per month?
Your brother who is an AB with income of 800k monthly is into OPEC. I dey the industry too

Leave am mk e dey lamba!

He does not know the world is a small place.

That said, I think he missed the point the other respondent was making. Most high earners in Nigeria have side hustles that give them untaxed income that can often times be multiples of their salary. These "side hustles" are not always legitimate.

On balance, their expenditures end up dwarfing the figure on their pay slip.

There are marginal costs to this. Think of the scale. From people in the force to civil servants to folks in finance to union bosses. Inside church nko. Get close to a church worker and you'd be amazed by the crap going on in there. The only positive thing about this is that Nigerians spend lavishly. So these funds find their way into the economy and keep it humming on some level.

To the topic, since I recognized the scale of wealth on the planet, I don't tab my expenses to compare. My expenses are a set fraction of income. When that income increases, so do my expenses. I no dey do pass myself. I no dey stingy for myself. I no dey keep up with any Joneses. Mk dem dey dia dey abeg. E no get as I 1 take hustle reach wen go mk me hold pass the Saudi Royal Family, so I do where my power reach forget the rest.

Na why babe no fit tell me say, "can you afford me". Who you be? Who born you? Kpensh abeg!
Nor do the grandiose displays of means by Nigerians register on my radar. Na where their shoulder high reach end nai other nationalities start.

If you can afford to spend 100K per week, spend. How much be flight ticket?
If na 10K, wear that sh*t with pride. No b you kill Jesus.
If na 5K or less, try to earn more or move to a place where that 5K or less go a long way. Life's too short.

-Lord

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by iInjureHerYansh: 9:48am On Apr 25, 2023
I spent over 700k last week alone.

This week from Sunday till now I have spent over 100k already.

Any blessed with tha spend 20k I always go on my knees. Unfortunately I can't even remember when last I spent less than 20k in a week angry
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by zedegit: 10:08am On Apr 25, 2023
Gerrard59:

The quality of the meal differs. Look, the higher you earn, the higher your expenses. You will need to replenish the energy invested in making money. As your earnings increase, so does your taste. If the dude makes 800K per month as he implied, he has to eat good food to replenish his energy. In fact, I say he is not spending well enough especially if he lives in Lagos, Abuja and Port-Harcourt.

What you are saying is akin to telling Dangote to sleep at hotels of 15K a night simply because na sleep him dey sleep whereas LagosCurion and Marriot dey available.

He didn't make it look like the costly spending was his choice of lifestyle. He made it look like the norm.
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by doneback04: 10:23am On Apr 25, 2023
My spending is uncountable because sometimes things I didn't plan will just come up
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by zedegit: 10:35am On Apr 25, 2023
Richnero:
Around 10k per week.

This is more realistic than others shooting prices like catapult.

Minimum wage is 30k.
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by emmaodet: 10:36am On Apr 25, 2023
LordAdam16:

Leave am mk e dey lamba!

He does not know the world is a small place.

That said, I think he missed the point the other respondent was making. Most high earners in Nigeria have side hustles that give them untaxed income that can often times be multiples of their salary. These "side hustles" are not always legitimate.

On balance, their expenditures end up dwarfing the figure on their pay slip.

There are marginal costs to this. Think of the scale. From people in the force to civil servants to folks in finance to union bosses. Inside church nko. Get close to a church worker and you'd be amazed by the crap going on in there. The only positive thing about this is that Nigerians spend lavishly. So these funds find their way into the economy and keep it humming on some level.

To the topic, since I recognized the scale of wealth on the planet, I don't tab my expenses to compare. My expenses are a set fraction of income. When that income increases, so do my expenses. I no dey do pass myself. I no dey stingy for myself. I no dey keep up with any Joneses. Mk dem dey dia dey abeg. E no get as I 1 take hustle reach wen go mk me hold pass the Saudi Royal Family, so I do where my power reach forget the rest.

Na why babe no fit tell me say, "can you afford me". Who you be? Who born you? Kpensh abeg!
Nor do the grandiose displays of means by Nigerians register on my radar. Na where their shoulder high reach end nai other nationalities start.

If you can afford to spend 100K per week, spend. How much be flight ticket?
If na 10K, wear that sh*t with pride. No b you kill Jesus.
If na 5K or less, try to earn more or move to a place where that 5K or less go a long way. Life's too short.

-Lord

Exactly bro.
You have said it all

Average salary or AB is between 150-200k per month and the unofficial deals or under the table deals can raise is income to that 800k.....Agreed. So he shouldn't be saying things that are not official.
Like you also said, bi Owo eku se mo lo se fin ra Ori (the size of a rat's hand depends on how far he can use it to scratch his head).
If na 5k per week be your own, no wahala and don't give yourself BP over the man with 100k per week.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by emmaodet: 10:38am On Apr 25, 2023
SonofGod231:

Yeah, I work on a small security surfer boat.
You know the business,na suffer ohh.

Yes, knew it will be something of such when you called the salary with the position held.
Just keep upgrading and move up the ladder, with time it will pay off.
I also started from suffer boat before moving up the ladder.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Lekan239(m): 11:59am On Apr 25, 2023
Starz825:

I understand that giving out to people ....cos ur eyes no go fit take am to dey see people beg it suffer for little things ...

Keep it up ...God go bless you more...na why ur ola dey lekan si
swear bro. He no dey easy. But we thank God
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by SonofGod231: 12:37pm On Apr 25, 2023
emmaodet:

Yes, knew it will be something of such when you called the salary with the position held.
Just keep upgrading and move up the ladder, with time it will pay off.
I also started from suffer boat before moving up the ladder.
You dey see better money bro....I want be like you🙌 Leave under table stories for Press men,I only stressed the fact which you would agree with that men are making more than 800k monthly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Powersurge: 3:10pm On Apr 25, 2023
Cooolme:
Please I want to know if I'm over spending or it's just the way things are in Nigeria as a whole.
I'm a student and very cautious of my finances, even with that I spend like 35-40k weekly excluding car fueling.
Omo things are bad oh, I remember my 100 level days (2018/2019) when 5k could carry you for a week even without foodstuffs.
Over to you, how much do you spend a week?

Between 15-30k weekly. Single.
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Flapp478(m): 3:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
DOINGS2022:

E go reach your turn bro. Keep on developing yourself and never let any legit opportunity pass you by. Identify it and grab it as quick as possible..

It is well
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Pcstradamus(m): 4:18pm On Apr 25, 2023
You are a liar. Why would you be fueling your gen N1,500 every day? Is that your house don’t have Nepa? Why would a young man be eating 3 times a day? Are you a Yahoo boy?
Cooolme:

Lol do you stay in Nigeria?

MODIFIED...
Why are some of you attacking me?
Let me give you a breakdown...
I eat #1500/meal 3 times a day
Gen fueling #1500 everyday
Data subscription
To mention few...
Y'all calling me 'liar' seems it's everyone that is poor in Nigeria.
I'm not even rich yet, just little expenditures everyone is shouting .
Note also; I'm not a womaniser.
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 25, 2023
seanwilliam:
not everyone is into salary job. Let me give u sample.
Some bike men make atleast 3.5-5k in a day .
some of dem do 1.2-2k contribution in a day .
That’s 40-60k savings monthly
70-90k on expenses.

Most of these office guys are simply lazy and don’t want to do hard job..

These dirty jobs pay pass some whitecollar.

Do you know selling phone accessories alone can give you average of 150k in a month in a very good location [/b]with capital of 400k?
Whereas a dummy will be working in a bank just to appear fine and posh and be earning 70k wey him no go fit see 10k save except he’s into shading deals .
And average crypto trader will make [b]at worst
5k in a day just buying and reselling on paxful in your room o.

Do you know an average WhatsApp tv makes atleast 4k in daily ?
That’s you just sitting in your room with your damn phone.

Only a foôl with no self worth will sit down and earn 30k salary. You can’t tell me a complete man will survive solely on 30k salary without tips from anywhere. If he tells you he does, he’s into something shading .

Him no go chop?
Him no go pay house rent?
Him no get family to help ?
Him no go buy cloth ?
Him no go buy data?
Him no go spend on transport ?

I will only agree if the bolded are being taken care of by someone else.

Point is, most people earn more than 30k in a month ,
Weather through business or through tips .

Don’t use stats to judge

Stop calling most hustlers in Nigeria Lazy.

Sometimes i usually feel like Spanking you because of some of your Comments. if you made assertion that Nigerians are Mentally Lazy, I will agree with you but in terms of HARD WORK I can never agree with you. Do you know the Mental Stress and Pressure most corporate guys go through in the office as well. Na Nigeria wey be Useless Country make everything be like this. You open mouth dey call people lazy. Some people even have the Talent of the Side Hustles you mentioned up there but they don't have the resources to make it happen.

Everytime i hear you make reference to Okada/Keke hustle. Do you yourself ever pray to indulge in such hustle and be making your cool 5k daily. The funny thing about most people like you is that it's very easy to do analysis from your Room but you don't know/have first hand experience of what these people go through. Most of those guys you see are Mentally & Emotionally damaged.

Personally even if i am assured of making 10k daily. I don't pray to ever be involved in such hustle. I'do better receive 100k under Air-Cinditioned and Sane Environment.

Well at the end of the day, To each its own. I no too get strength to write epistle today.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by alfredo4u(m): 4:56pm On Apr 25, 2023
N300k for myself weekly

Share N1m weekly to relatives.......
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Dijita: 5:00pm On Apr 25, 2023
Annahh:
Wow. Why are you carrying that much burden?
They are my cousins and nephews. Their parents don't have, sponsoring them means they will be able to help their parents and junior ones in the future or at least be self dependent
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Dijita: 5:03pm On Apr 25, 2023
princeemma69:

Please why don't you add Enugu? I am a 100L student at UNN and things are expensive here. I normally spend 8 to 10k weekly. I will appreciate any support you can give to me Thanks
Thank you for your response but you seems to be doing better than my wards, you are spending about #40k a month and they are on #25k. If I have more to give don't you think it is more appropriate to give to them than you even if we are related
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Pakwel(m): 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2023
Cooolme:
Please I want to know if I'm over spending or it's just the way things are in Nigeria as a whole.
I'm a student and very cautious of my finances, even with that I spend like 35-40k weekly excluding car fueling.
Omo things are bad oh, I remember my 100 level days (2018/2019) when 5k could carry you for a week even without foodstuffs.
Over to you, how much do you spend a week?
Like 20 30k is enough
Re: How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2023
seanwilliam:
bro
I had to edit it cos I know most people will doubt and think it’s joke.
Eating outside is expensive and most of these local buka are very dirty and unhealthy. Infact sometime eating at some local buka self is expensive .

There ogunfe na 1500 for big and 1k for medium grin ( u fit chop two if you no Dey careful grin ) , iyan 300x2 two bottle water 400.

Transport and take away nko that’s 3k atleast for morning o.

For eatery where I eat

Rice , chicken , plantain and drinks will cost atleast 3500 for morning sometimes 4500 self
Afternoon let’s say I change food, swallow , soup and meat will cost atleast 3500 too ,

Shey I no go eat for night ?

But if my girl help me cook with that , I’ll eat it for days to my satisfaction.
( I eat a lot cos that’s the only thing I sabi , I no sabi drinks , nor smoke, nor drugs, nor partygrin).

I hope you dey do Exercise sha because you go be Fat Person as per this your daily Routine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Recession: Abuja Couples Sell Wedding Rings To Feed.. / Lucky Cow 'Bless' Pregnant Women With Baby Boys / Husbands With Security Locks On Their Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.