Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) (51008 Views)

The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) / Packaged Local Snacks. / Order Your Cake, special bread, small chop, snacks At A Very Affordable Price... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 21, 2023
Plantain chips, coconut candy, is groundnut a snack? Ginger biscuits.
Well the best local snack I still crave a lot sometimes is eka gai snack that is made from garri mixed with palm oil and molded into oblong looking shapes which is fried dry, crisp and crunchy. It is usually eaten with coconut or a syrup made from blackberries called “amoriri”. Me i love to eat it alone or with coconuts. Anytime i hit Benin i roam ramat park (oregbeni market) looking for this steady 😁 I can actually eat it all day. Abeg who knows where i can find it in Lagos. Pic below shows it with the syrup. Its what i could find to describe it

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by luckyz4rea(m): 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2023
Whenever the adults packed out dirts from the gutter on sanitation Saturdays, the coins that fell into the gutter that became very dark, we would put sand on them and used our heels to wash them in the sands, once it was clean, we would rush to Aboki’s place to buy Daukwa with it. I used to buy 2 daukwa for 50 kobo 😂

4 Likes

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by SonofGod231: 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2023
saphiere:
1 & 2.

Meanwhile,

I am not a tribal bigot. Some of you here can testify that I am a strong advocate for women's Right & advocacy. I advocate for equal rights for women in all spheres of life.

I have been involved in an inter-tribal relationship so there's no way anyone can say I am a tribal bigot.

But here is my piece of advice to the Igbos.

Don't ever as an Igbo stream the movie "Gangs Of Lagos"
Gangs of Lagos is just an home video.(Omo Igbo)
What are you even insinuating after writing those epistle?! You are just ugly.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Dannyrayz: 5:36pm On Apr 21, 2023
Oh my God! Coconut balls and daukwa

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 21, 2023
caandi:
What of Mr goody goody
It used to be like snickers, choco and groundnut combo
Milo cubes also
Then there’s this one that like coconut and cream
And one milk on tablet form like paracetamol
Choco milo... As a kid I can disarm u for chocomilo. I don't play with it

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by damosade(m): 5:38pm On Apr 21, 2023
Goody goody

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by pikechukwu6(m): 5:39pm On Apr 21, 2023
you should have asked which one we still enjoy grin grin
the Kulikuli plus garri no be your mate cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by randymirrors(f): 5:40pm On Apr 21, 2023
Sisi pelebe
Baba dudu
Dankwa
Kokoro
Condense (drink)
Ekana Gowon
Balewa (solidified condense)

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Stanislause94: 5:41pm On Apr 21, 2023
saphiere:
1 & 2.

Meanwhile,

I am not a tribal bigot. Some of you here can testify that I am a strong advocate for women's Right & advocacy. I advocate for equal rights for women in all spheres of life.

I have been involved in an inter-tribal relationship so there's no way anyone can say I am a tribal bigot.

But here is my piece of advice to the Igbos.

Don't ever as an Igbo stream the movie "Gangs Of Lagos"
why?
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by DevilSignature: 5:43pm On Apr 21, 2023
This one na snacks angry

Talk about those local moi moi prepared in a peal milk tin
That was my favorite

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by bolacode: 5:44pm On Apr 21, 2023
where is eekana gowon?

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Burchester: 5:44pm On Apr 21, 2023
Wow

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by cutedharmee: 5:45pm On Apr 21, 2023
mariahAngel:
One thing I like about these local snacks are their funny names. cheesy
Even some of the ones that appear on the list below, I have never heard of.
Which of them was/were your favourite(s)?

If the ones you enjoyed do not appear in the post, tell us the name and what it's made from in the comment section.
If you've never tasted any of these, you don't know what you're missing. 😌
Sisi pelebe. No 5

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Pokolee: 5:45pm On Apr 21, 2023
5. So pelebe

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by mariahAngel(f): 5:45pm On Apr 21, 2023
Killbillz:
Plantain chips, coconut candy, is groundnut a snack? Bazooka( chewing gum), treetops. Ginger biscuits.
Well the best local snack I still crave a lot sometimes is eka gai snack that is made from garri mixed with palm oil and molded into oblong looking shapes which is fried dry, crisp and crunchy. It is usually eaten with coconut or a syrup made from blackberries called “amoriri”. Me i love to eat it alone or with coconuts. Anytime i hit Benin i roam ramat park (oregbeni market) looking for this steady 😁 I can actually eat it all day. Abeg who knows where i can find it in Lagos. Pic below shows it with the syrup. Its what i could find to describe it

How interesting.
Let me see if I can find how the eka gai is made on YouTube.
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by mariahAngel(f): 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2023
KanuSE:

I thought you would include fried plantain. 🥴

There's plantain chips on the list, so that counts. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by isabi2lof: 5:49pm On Apr 21, 2023
Can I have them all 😁
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by slimmoney(m): 5:49pm On Apr 21, 2023
give it to babadudu, nothing like that stuff.
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by DrDunamis(m): 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
mariahAngel:

If the ones you enjoyed do not appear in the post, tell us the name and what it's made from in the comment section.
All, especially coconut candy
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Charmingpet: 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
Babadudu
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by DrDunamis(m): 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
mariahAngel:

All, especially coconut candy
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by yemi1504: 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2023
mariahAngel:
More pictures.

Picture credit: Instagram.

Donkwa and Baba Dudu. Infact, ate it too much when I was younger.
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by JBoss25(m): 5:56pm On Apr 21, 2023
randymirrors:
Sisi pelebe
Baba dudu
Dankwa
Kokoro
Condense
Ekana balewa
bush girl😂
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Mercury12(m): 5:56pm On Apr 21, 2023
Una don start lol. Good old days
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 21, 2023
mariahAngel:

How interesting.
Let me see if I can find how the eka gai is made on YouTube.
Nice.. Ur a real foodie. I like that cheesy
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Zane2point4(m): 5:57pm On Apr 21, 2023
princeemmma:
Dankua

Kulikuli

i still eat kulikuli up till now

and my wife complain about it

Even groundnut, i bought a bottle every month

grin grin grin grin
How can u eat a bottle of groundnut for a month??

Smthn that can finish within 4days!

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Zane2point4(m): 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2023
luckyz4rea:
Whenever the adults packed out dirts from the gutter on sanitation Saturdays, the coins that fell into the gutter that became very dark, we would put sand on them and used our heels to wash them in the sands, once it was clean, we would rush to Aboki’s place to buy Daukwa with it. I used to buy 2 daukwa for 50 kobo 😂
I can relate,buh u can hardly find money this days
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by randymirrors(f): 5:59pm On Apr 21, 2023
JBoss25:
bush girl😂

Exactly. Knowing these sweets will make you appear localised but if I told you the neighborhood I grew up in or the primary school I attended, you wouldn't believe.
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by hexenbiest: 5:59pm On Apr 21, 2023
Kulikuli, Eja Yoyo/ede, and coconut candy... But these days I just enjoy unbeatable sound experience on the oraimo freepod 4

Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by SisterAnn(f): 5:59pm On Apr 21, 2023
princeemmma:
Dankua

Kulikuli

i still eat kulikuli up till now

and my wife complain about it

Even groundnut, i bought a bottle every month

grin grin grin grin
If only you knew how Dankua is made. grin
Those women roll it on their laps to make the ball shape grin
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by Backlaw406(m): 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2023
luckyz4rea:
Hmm! I also did this growing up. Cleaned up the rusting coins found around and used it to buy ipapanu then. How time flies.
Re: Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) by izibili44: 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2023
Do we still have the stuff in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CPC Reveals What Nigerians Must Do Now Before Eating Beans / Look At What I Bought For N1000 Naira / Panic Buying At Blenco Pagos In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.