Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,003 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience (19345 Views)

Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) / Sleeping Paralysis And It's Solution / I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Afam4eva(m): 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2012
There's another one that happens to me. I don't know is i'm the only person who experiences it.

I may be lieing down and semi-asleep and all of a sudden i start seeing strange objects. It could be snakes, someone etc. It looks so real but when i jump up to run away but only realise after some seconds that it's nothing.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2012
donigspain:
EXACTLY!
Happened to me about two months ago. I tried overcoming the spooky stuff with 'mind control' method but it didn't work. I resolved to calling JESUS CHRIST and after a few 'calls' I got freed.
Phoned mum 'sharpally' and a day fasting was declared on my head in absentia.
Lmbo!!! grin grin grin... Can't stop laffin here I beg... grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by 2sexy(m): 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
Wow... I didn't even know it's name till now.

Like some people said, I too experienced as a child and mostly when I lie on my back. That was a long time ago...

I no longer experience such because I lay on my side or stomach.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by fortran12: 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
sanchez4eva: This is why Nigeria will never progress....we always attribute everytin to demonic attack...if u do your research u will find out that sleep paralysis is actually a protective mechanism initiated by the brain to prevent us from acting our dreams...like kicking our jumping out of bed...it occurs in the last stage of sleep known as REM or rapid eye movement sleep...Just stop being afraid because it is a normal process...it may occur often if you sleep on your back so start sleeping in your side and do not eat heavily before sleeping...Dr Okonjo

Its true, it works everytime
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by oluMyderz(m): 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2012
whc 1 be jesus u con dey shout up n down sef?? u jst dey MUMU una sef!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2012
My first experience of sleeping paralysis happened when I was in JSS 3. I was very religious then and used to believe that it was being caused by 'familiar spirit'. It was characterized by total paralysis of all my limbs,speech and vision though still conscious. It used to occur most time I over-sleep.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by sucezTP(f): 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2012
ItsModella: It happens to me occasionally. I feel like I'm in a coma, aware of my surroundings but my body would refuse to move. To open my eyes is very difficult, like say I dey use the eye lift weight. This happens to me mostly when I take an afternoon nap.

Me too..
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2012
It happens when you force your self to sleep even after sleeping overdose.
Instead of getting outta bed you still force your self to sleep some more undecided
It happened to me 3 days ago grin i was so scared and thought the world had come to an end but after it Freed me i still went ahead to sleep and the same thing happened grin
Its not new when this happens just close your eyes for 5 seconds and try going back to sleep then get up! cheesy (my little trick)

10 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by sanchez4eva: 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2012
berem: thanks bro! Infact am so happy to see this thread. I thought I was the only one going thru this thing.its really scaring.whenever I struggle to regain consciousness my heart beat increases.thanks for your post.at least I don't need to be scared anymore.
U are welcome...No need to be afraid because God made us who we are and will continue to protect us...
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by slam7000(m): 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2012
sanchez4eva: This is why Nigeria will never progress....we always attribute everytin to demonic attack...if u do your research u will find out that sleep paralysis is actually a protective mechanism initiated by the brain to prevent us from acting our dreams...like kicking our jumping out of bed...it occurs in the last stage of sleep known as REM or rapid eye movement sleep...Just stop being afraid because it is a normal process...it may occur often if you sleep on your back so start sleeping in your side and do not eat heavily before sleeping...Dr Okonjo

sleeping on my side doesnt work for me,its been long i had it though..i noticed it happens more when i,ve slept too long in the afternoon.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by violent(m): 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2012
stagger: Pure demonic attack called the pressman.

Those who are schooled in spiritual things know about them, while those who are carnal men that know nothing about these things preach that they do not exist, without knowing that the spiritual controls the physical.

So the devil/demon wanted to attack you and rather than push you in front of a trailer or send boko haram your way, he pressed you to your bed while you were just about getting up?...is that a joke or something?

So this demonish devil travels around the world doing this to everyone? for what please tell? just to get a high? just to see how well and fast you can scream Jesus?

Sheeple like you can't stop living your lives in fear of demonic attacks. Every strange object, every funny looking plant, any weird squeak is attributable to some form of spirituality. What a waste of precious life!! sad

12 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by stillme(m): 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2012
It happened to me about three times when I slept on bed guys used to fornicate. Me I believe na those girls demon dey press me. So I com stop, I no com experience am again.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by oluMyderz(m): 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2012
sanchez4eva: This is why Nigeria will never progress....we always attribute everytin to demonic attack...if u do your research u will find out that sleep paralysis is actually a protective mechanism initiated by the brain to prevent us from acting our dreams...like kicking or jumping out of bed...it occurs in the last stage of sleep known as REM or rapid eye movement sleep...Just stop being afraid because it is a normal process...it may occur often if you sleep on your back so start sleeping on your side and do not eat heavily before sleeping...Dr Okonjo
u don talk d talk jaree. Tanx

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by donigspain(m): 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2012
Wait a sec!
If almost everyone attests to have experienced this weird situation which we believe is more spiritual (demonic) than scientific/metaphysical, does it mean every nigerian household has got atleast one resident witch/wizard?

3 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by gbadexy(m): 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2012
I think sanchez4ever's comment made more sense.
I've had the experience several times too and all happened while sleeping on my back.
I guess that is how it would feel like for people in coma.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Bluediamond1(f): 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2012
It happens 2me bt mostly when am alone.and in my head all i can do is call JESUS as evry part of my body jst goes numb,bt den i jst relax n watch as d drama unfolds.It's been a while though n i dnt eva wanna xperience it again.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by collins123(m): 5:28pm On Sep 10, 2012
To all those saying na demonic force, u need to read ur bible wella. No be demons! Na ur body dey mislead itself. Why do people always think something extra ordinary be demonic? Haba!

Well it started happening to me since I was like 16. I would be watching TV with the rest of the family and feeling sleepy, then snap! It would happen. My eyes would clearly see the tv screen (though blurry) and I would hear faint voices but I would be unable to move my hands legs eyelids or lips. However, my mind would be very ACTIVE. I got scared and I thought this was one of the signs of death. I told our landlady (who happens to be a Cele goer) and she told me to go for an exorcism. She said demons wanted to deal with me and I should ask for forgiveness of my sins. Omo con see confessions.

Well, it kept happening after the exorcism, again and again. And I was so stressed and afraid. And I kept praying. Dudes, you don't know how it feels until you experience this. I consulted a lot of pple and each and every one of them said it was demonic.

Then I went online. I've never really believed I had issues with demons. And I read about d shitt on wikipedia - search sleep paralysis. And I got the answers I wanted. No be only illetracy be disease, ignorance too, is.

Well I still experience these once or twice per week and it happens most times when I sleep alone and when I am really lazy and I find it hard to get out of bed. Sometimes it happens 5 times at once! But I have understood it and I don't get scared anymore. Its just one of the miseries of life.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by DANILSA(m): 5:29pm On Sep 10, 2012
Lachynos2k2: after readin all the comments in this thread,it became clear that ya'll have something in common...MALARIA!!!!
This is not a joke guy, I had it severally when I was young and I taught I was the only one been affected by this demon. Thank God I now know it,s not only me that suffered it and after all it's physical.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Preston1(m): 5:29pm On Sep 10, 2012
Dat thing happened to me once because of snooze alarm which rang several times. I wz vibrating like phone, then i became lighter 4rm my waist down as if i wz about to float.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by slam7000(m): 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
A lot of people experience this,different culture have their own explanation and name to it...i had one in 2007 and somebody told me its called 'ODAKPO' in igbo...i think people from enugu state will be familiar with that name..it cld be a very scary experience.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by sanchez4eva: 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2012
stagger:

Total nonsense. I used to suffer it, always broke it by mentioning the name of Jesus, and after discovering how to deal with it through the bible, it has stopped for almost 20 years. Go and get wisdom about the things that control this world. You will be there preaching science until someone will remote you from your village, then you will know.
Your comment does not prove that you read the bible...You should be able to make your point without wishing someone bad..For your Info, I am protected by the blood of Jesus and no harm shall come to me. Sleeping paralysis is a natural phenomenon and it happens to most people. Are you telling me that all muslims and non-christians that suffer from sleep paralysis don't stand up again? God protects each and everyone of us if you don't know. Read up more on the topic please
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Decryptor(m): 5:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
afam4eva: There's another one that happens to me. I don't know is i'm the only person who experiences it.

I may be lieing down and semi-asleep and all of a sudden i start seeing strange objects. It could be snakes, someone etc. It looks so real but when i jump up to run away but only realise after some seconds that it's nothing.
Ur is simply a phenomena called "Panic attack". It happens to me to just that i dnt see snakes like u do. Mine seems to occur as if my brain/body is shutin dwn
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by slam7000(m): 5:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
Lachynos2k2: after readin all the comments in this thread,it became clear that ya'll have something in common...MALARIA!!!!

Im sure by the time you experience it,yours will be worse than typhoid fever.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2012
hornipipe: It happens when you force your self to sleep even after sleeping overdose.
Instead of getting outta bed you still force your self to sleep some more undecided
It happened to me 3 days ago grin i was so scared and thought the world had come to an end but after it Freed me i still went ahead to sleep and the same thing happened grin
Its not new when this happens just close your eyes for 5 seconds and try going back to sleep then get up! cheesy (my little trick)
I perfectly agree with your trick/coping strategy. I've tried that trick too and it really worked !

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2012
I experience it sometimes, but what I do is to go back to sleep and by the time I wake up the second time it's gone.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2012
afam4eva: There's another one that happens to me. I don't know is i'm the only person who experiences it.

yours is a different case entirely is MFM close to where u stay? grin

2 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2012
SimonAndal: I experience it sometimes, but what I do is to go back to sleep and by the time I wake up the second time it's gone.
yea that's the trick it sure works cool
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Decryptor(m): 5:37pm On Sep 10, 2012
[quote author=Decryptor] Ur is simply a phenomena called "Panic attack". It happens to me to just that i dnt see snakes like u do. Mine seems to occur as if my brain and body is shutting down and my breath tends to be almost ceasing. Sometimes, my chest gets heavy and it will luk like my spirit is about leaving me or like i'm having a heart attack. I visited a health counsellor and he told me it "Panic attack". It's somewhat similar to this sleepin paralysis just that this one occurs even wen u r wide awake
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by chii8(f): 5:40pm On Sep 10, 2012
ItsModella: It happens to me occasionally. I feel like I'm in a coma, aware of my surroundings but my body would refuse to move. To open my eyes is very difficult, like say I dey use the eye lift weight. This happens to me mostly when I take an afternoon nap.
take lipton tea nah...
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 10, 2012
casket:
I perfectly agree with your trick/coping strategy. I've tried that trick too and it really worked !
lol yea it works.
Sometimes i think that's how ppl actually die.
Death might just be d elder brother..d whole world thinks ure dead but you are damn aware of what's happening around u...just like in the movie 'lost' where 2 ppl where buried alive after they were bitten by the Medusa grin
Strange

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by livapul86(m): 5:42pm On Sep 10, 2012
stillme: It happened to me about three times when I slept on bed guys used to fornicate. Me I believe na those girls demon dey press me. So I com stop, I no com experience am again.
Guy, U wan use laugh wound me for this thread.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Jarus(m): 5:43pm On Sep 10, 2012
It's the work of Jinn. I also experience it once in a while(like once or twice a year), especially when I forget to recite Kursiyyu(qur'an 2:255) or when I wake up in the middle of the night and return to bed. I struggle to recite kursiyyu and it goes. But the issue is it becomes difficult, if at all you're able to, to utter anything.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Who Underwent Mistaken Brain Surgery At Kenyan Hospital Discharged / 52 Passengers On A Flight From India To Hong Kong Test Positive For COVID-19 / Bathing Every Day Not The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.