Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience (19352 Views)

Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) / Sleeping Paralysis And It's Solution / I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by kemmyrule: 12:16am On Sep 12, 2012
it has happened to me times without number,i wont be able able to move my body.talk then i will be forcing my eyes to open _i dnt tink is ordinary because anytime i pray bfor sleeping because of dis tin i will not experience it bt if i din pray sometimes i will hv dis attack _lyk u all said u will wnt to shout jesus bt ur mouth will be sealed but mine is diff in d sense dat i saw scary tins lyk demons wen it started happening to me bt now i dnt see such things i will jst be seeing double or d room is rotating n it will be as if sometin is resting on u
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:13am On Sep 12, 2012
sanchez4eva: This is why Nigeria will never progress....we always attribute everytin to demonic attack...if u do your research u will find out that sleep paralysis is actually a protective mechanism initiated by the brain to prevent us from acting our dreams...like kicking or jumping out of bed...it occurs in the last stage of sleep known as REM or rapid eye movement sleep...Just stop being afraid because it is a normal process...it may occur often if you sleep on your back so start sleeping on your side and do not eat heavily before sleeping...Dr Okonjo

Yes it occurs more to me when I sleep on my back rather than my side. I have experienced this for so long that it does not bother me any more.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 12, 2012
Damn 8 pages
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by DarryOsh(m): 9:30am On Sep 12, 2012
Oh my good God! So this thing even has a medical term. The first time it happened to me i freaked out. I didnt sleep alone for the next couple of days n was so scared dat it was an attack especially since my dat had recently died quite mysteriously.
So its just a normal stuff. U guys dont know how happy i am to know im not alone. I still experience it sometimes. I wud struggle to shout JESUS! Sometimes i just strugle to move n it goes. Sleeping paralysis.....hhhhmmmmm ignorance is indeed a bad thing. I guess i'll do more reseach on it
at least when next im takin stock of what i av gained from nairaland i av something to tick and not all dose recurrent tonto dike, cosy and silly gari stories.
Onee mor thing though i have always known dat evn if it was a demon it could only b an attemp. He who watches me never sleeps nor slumbers......sleeping paralysis. Thanks@ op
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by DarryOsh(m): 9:35am On Sep 12, 2012
One thing i av learned from this thread is that everyone believes that the name of Jesus can save. Enen the bible says the name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run into it and are saved
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Flygerian1(m): 9:41am On Sep 12, 2012
Happened to me 2wice.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Beowulf(m): 9:53am On Sep 12, 2012
I find it shocking how people so easily dismiss other people's beliefs on here as delusional or unscientific because of western education. You would be shocked that there are more to life than meet the eye or that can be explained away by science. This world is just too profound for that. I recommend some of you watch the feature BEYOND BELIEF:FACT or FICTION on Sony Channel of DSTV and have your "scientific and empirical"reality shaken.

I have experienced this sleep paralysis many times and still do and for me it is nothing more than demonic oppression. I don't want to bore you with the details but trust me when I tell you that I have had cause to wake up from it and felt a foul presence around me. Like most people said here, as much as I tried I never could get up on my own until I start screaming the name of Jesus in my mind and that's when I come to. I am not a good Christian but am not ashamed to say what works or has worked for me. If that makes me unscientific it's no skin of my nose. But the measure of an educated person is an acknowledgment that there are some things that are beyond his knowledge and which he just cannot fathom.

My two cents. Keep the change
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by CrazyMan(m): 10:16am On Sep 12, 2012
I've experienced it severally, but I won't call it a demonic attack...I think the main cause is poor sleeping posture.

The ones I've experienced are centered around my neck, I feel there's a muscle there responsible for stiffening your body...because you're mostly lying face up with your neck facing left or right when it happens,

When your neck takes that position for long, then paralysis occurs...when I experienced mine, My body stiffened and I wasn't able to move for like 30 seconds or so, gradually it began to wear of and I regained my consciousness.

Therefore, stop accusing demons cos it has nothing to with them.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by sfiea: 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
How do we know if people didn't die thru this process? Because those who recover most times pant heavily just like some people do at the point of death.

Maybe a lot of us are just lucky to tell our tales. One thing is sure certain, while we all believe the body was paralysed at that moment, we, our body or soul, call it whatever, could control our breathing.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by kandiikane(m): 1:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
Beowulf: I find it shocking how people so easily dismiss other people's beliefs on here as delusional or unscientific because of western education. You would be shocked that there are more to life than meet the eye or that can be explained away by science. This world is just too profound for that. I recommend some of you watch the feature BEYOND BELIEF:FACT or FICTION on Sony Channel of DSTV and have your "scientific and empirical"reality shaken.

I have experienced this sleep paralysis many times and still do and for me it is nothing more than demonic oppression. I don't want to bore you with the details but trust me when I tell you that I have had cause to wake up from it and felt a foul presence around me. Like most people said here, as much as I tried I never could get up on my own until I start screaming the name of Jesus in my mind and that's when I come to. I am not a good Christian but am not ashamed to say what works or has worked for me. If that makes me unscientific it's no skin of my nose. But the measure of an educated person is an acknowledgment that there are some things that are beyond his knowledge and which he just cannot fathom.

My two cents. Keep the change

I agree with you. I mean everyone can have their own interpretations or beliefs but no need for people to brush them off even if there is a scientific explanation for it.

It's what they believe.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by 2sa2: 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2012
some have said its spiritual others have said there is a scientific/medical explanation to it, my question to those who do not believe its spiritual is this, why is it that the 'thing' that presses us down takes the form of an animal?, mine is usually a pig, and once i shout Jesus i am relieved?
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
2sa2: some have said its spiritual others have said there is a scientific/medical explanation to it, my question to those who do not believe its spiritual is this, why is it that the 'thing' that presses us down takes the form of an animal?, mine is usually a pig, and once i shout Jesus i am relieved?
damn grin pig? Mine doest take the form of anything... Its a natural phenomenon
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by bayodaniel: 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2012
The devil is smart.He wants pple to tink he doesnt exist while he is afflicting them.It is not sleep paralysis,it is plain demonic oppression.Why is it that when u tried to call jesus u wont be able to call him but the moment u do,the thing will leave.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by chyke27(m): 5:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
Doesn't matter if u believe it or not. Demons do exist and those who won't believe they do will do so when they die. Demons may be responsible 4 some of those experiences not precluding that some may just be physical. But one this is certain, the power in the name of Jesus delivers all having these 'attacks' if they sincerely call on the name of the Lord. My experience was one night when I woke up and discovered that my right hand was completely numb and 'dead'. As I strggled and jumped off the bed, a song came into my spirit "O Lord my God O Lord my God, I exalt u" and immediately I started singing it, the limb was retored. Praise God
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
chyke27: Doesn't matter if u believe it or not. Demons do exist and those who won't believe they do will do so when they die. Demons may be responsible 4 some of those experiences not precluding that some may just be physical. But one this is certain, the power in the name of Jesus delivers all having these 'attacks' if they sincerely call on the name of the Lord. My experience was one night when I woke up and discovered that my right hand was completely numb and 'dead'. As I strggled and jumped off the bed, a song came into my spirit "O Lord my God O Lord my God, I exalt u" and immediately I started singing it, the limb was retored. Praise God
ur right hand completely numb must have happened as a result of u placing your entire body weight on the hand thereby preventing the free flow of blood in/out of the hand
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by chyke27(m): 5:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
U may be right, dats Y I said some might be physical
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by kandiikane(m): 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2012
Once mine was a dwarf.

hornipipe: damn grin pig? Mine doest take the form of anything... Its a natural phenomenon
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
chyke27: U may be right, dats Y I said some might be physical
yea cool
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 12, 2012
kandiikane: Once mine was a dwarf.

grin grin how do u guys manage to see the 'thing' pressing you guys down?
When mine happens it weakens my body completely..can't even stretch ma neck to see the oppressor
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by kandiikane(m): 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2012
hornipipe: grin grin how do u guys manage to see the 'thing' pressing you guys down?
When mine happens it weakens my body completely..can't even stretch ma neck to see the oppressor

Well, when Ÿou hallucinate, you see the thing na.

I have seen myself outside my house once and the thing followed me.

Erm, I manage to control what happens during paralysis/hallucinations sometimes but I'm a very paranoid person. I always spoil it by thinking about the creature and then I see fearful things.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
kandiikane:

Well, when Ÿou hallucinate, you see the thing na.

I have seen myself outside my house once and the thing followed me.

Erm, I manage to control what happens during paralysis/hallucinations sometimes but I'm a very paranoid person. I always spoil it by thinking about the creature and then I see fearful things.
i have never hallucinated dunno what its like. Don't u think u should see a shrink?
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by vislabraye(m): 6:59pm On Sep 12, 2012
I shouldn't be surprised there's a scientific explanation for this.
Its a paranormal occurence. It sometimes happens to me especially after a severe prayer bouts. Other times I'm not asleep before experiencing it.
Guys we are in Africa and these things are real. Even in Europe they practise witch craft. If you watch psychic detective, you'll understand what I'm talking about.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by kandiikane(m): 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
hornipipe: i have never hallucinated dunno what its like. Don't u think u should see a shrink?

Lool!
grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2012
wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

52 Passengers On A Flight From India To Hong Kong Test Positive For COVID-19 / Bathing Every Day Not The Best? / NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.