Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience (19351 Views)

Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) / Sleeping Paralysis And It's Solution / I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by druid06(m): 5:44pm On Sep 10, 2012
sucezTP:

Me too..

Experienced something like that too twice. I was a young lad then. I was having an afternoon nap and it was time for me to wake up but couldn't. I was conscious of my body but couldn't open my eyes or move any part of my body. I almost went into a panic attack subconciously and on the first occassion I woke myself up, the other I was lucky that my father was just arriving from work, I could hear the car pull up the drive way, I could hear when he opened the door to the living room then my room and I tried waking up from this slumber till he shook me to wake up. It was kinda scary and weird. I never shared my experience with this to anyone. It's nice to know that there're people out there who has experienced this.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Screwface(m): 5:44pm On Sep 10, 2012
donigspain: Wait a sec!
If almost everyone attests to have experienced this weird situation which we believe is more spiritual (demonic) than scientific/metaphysical, does it mean every nigerian household has got atleast one resident witch/wizard?
Lol.
Walahi all of una dey fear me!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by violent(m): 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2012
sanchez4eva:
Your comment does not prove that you read the bible...You should be able to make your point without wishing someone bad..For your Info, I am protected by the blood of Jesus and no harm shall come to me. Sleeping paralysis is a natural phenomenon and it happens to most people. Are you telling me that all muslims and non-christians that suffer from sleep paralysis don't stand up again? God protects each and everyone of us if you don't know. Read up more on the topic please

You can't educate someone of his nature. People like him are hard wired to believe and ascribes good and bad to angels and demons. People like him believe that when bad things happen to good people, it must be because they have sinned and the only way to fix that is through 40 days of fasting asking God for forgiveness.

People of his type believe Pastors are demigods, and should never be questioned. I remember the fo[i]o[/i]l once told me sometime last year that he is giving me "3 months" to experience the wrath of God for calling a slap-giving pastor a son of a dog. It's been over a year now that he made such reckless ultimatum and my life couldn't have been any more amazing.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Lanspower(m): 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2012
I do experience it too but the one I experienced last was terrible....I wanted to shout Jesus but I screamed OGUN LAKAAAYE OSHINMOLE instead...the devil jumped of mee and said you know that guy? Abeg wake up joor I know wan that guy wahala ooo grin

6 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 10, 2012
ikechukz: sup guys.i've been having this problem like twice every year without knowing what it really was.
Some times when i wake up i can't move my body,can't open my eyes and can't even talk no matter how hard i tried.This lasts for up to 1 or 2 mins.
When it is happening it feels as if there is a demon holding me down and some times i could hear the demons discussing.

The only way for me to get out of this torment was to shout JESUS and it was very hard.It is the most scary experience i.ve ever witnessed in my life.
Recently i discovered online that it called sleeping paralysis and it happens when your brain is awake and your body is not fully awake.

IF U HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IT TELL US HOW IT WAS,
#This thing is damn scary tho
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by sigmundfreud(m): 5:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
afam4eva: There's another one that happens to me. I don't know is i'm the only person who experiences it.

I may be lieing down and semi-asleep and all of a sudden i start seeing strange objects. It could be snakes, someone etc. It looks so real but when i jump up to run away but only realise after some seconds that it's nothing.
Hypnagogic hallucination...normal.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Afam4eva(m): 5:51pm On Sep 10, 2012
sigmundfreud:
Hypnagogic hallucination...normal.
It's good to know that i'm not going mad.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2012
It happens mostly during afternoon naps cheesy
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by bittyend1: 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2012
::Andrew:::
OOh my God it had always happend to me back then in Nigeria and we blamed witches for pressing me.
Whenever it happend i will be struggling to shout jesus sometime my voice would be unhearble until
finally i would shout Jesus then jump up.

Loooool!!! Nigerians and blaming witches, wizards, and the devil for everything smh.

It happens to me sometimes, and one thing I always do is just expect the worst and best. If I die, shyte after life is gonna be more fun than this world. But every time I get through it back to normal life, I always roll up a fat blunt, smoke it, and give glory to Jah the most high for another day. Shyte, I'm here for a reason; life or death, not scared of none of the two. Cheated death so many times that nothing scares me in life and I have enjoy almost everything life has to offer. Shyte, I'm a nyggah with 9 lives, believe that.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2012
afam4eva:
Even when you are hallucinating? grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by bond777(m): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2012
i use to experience it alot but 2 God's glory anytime i call Jesus i get free but it still continued. the attack came again de same day i got baptized in de Holy Ghost, in de boldness of de new power i received i told myself not bother use de name of Jesus but instead i spoke some strong tongues into de thing, that was my last time i ever experienced it. this year makes it 17 years and still counting.

give ur life to Christ and be filled with de Holy Ghost, that's all u need. forget de funky name de whites call it it is purely a demonic attack.

cheers cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2012
Lanspower: I do experience it too but the one I experienced last was terrible....I wanted to shout Jesus but I screamed OGUN LAKAAAYE OSHINMOLE instead...the devil jumped of mee and said you know that guy? Abeg wake up joor I know wan that guy wahala ooo grin
Lolz grin grin grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Tjluv: 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
This happens to me all the time and most times when I regain consciousness,I'll run to another room. I used to believe it was someone "pressing" me. Thank God for NL, my ignorance has been reduced by 1%.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Leopantro: 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
there is on knowledge that is not power.

it is called astral travel or out of body experience and it is an power that we all have,but stronger in some more than others. it is also stronger in children.

it occurs when you achieve total relaxation of your body, suppressing all aspects of your conscious self. your sub conscious self, which is suppressed most of the time become active. i typically seems like you are dreaming that you are awake but you are actually awake. it can occur suddenly after a traumatic event or after the use of certain drugs but for some people it occurs naturally. but we grow out of it as we get older.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by deols(f): 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
It must be hard being a witch.

You leave your comfy bed to sleep ontop other pple,preventing them from waking up early as if you have somfn to gain from it.

Then they blame you for all of their life problems even if u know nothing about it.

They wouldnt read for their exams knowing you could be blamed

They would even put their own hands in fire just because you are unlucky to be a relative of theirs.

And when it is time for them to pray,they'll mention your name more than of their beloved ones.

Uneasy lies the head that wears the witch crown.

4 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
3 Easy steps to sleep paralysis:

1. Deprive yourself of sleep all night
2. Try to then sleep in the morning, close to waking time for other normal human beings.
3. You hear a ringing buzzing sound as you feel the sleep paralysis kicking in as your body performs its usual function.

A good chance at this point to be conscious in a numb body.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by sanchez4eva: 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
violent:

You can't educate someone of his nature. People like him are hard wired to believe and ascribes good and bad to angels and demons. People like him believe that when bad things happen to good people, it must be because they have sinned and the only way to fix that is through 40 days of fasting asking God for forgiveness.

People of his type believe Pastors are demigods, and should never be questioned. I remember the fo[i]o[/i]l once told me sometime last year that he is giving me "3 months" to experience the wrath of God for calling a slap-giving pastor a son of a dog. It's been over a year now that he made such reckless ultimatum and my life couldn't have been any more amazing.

Lol...It is a pity that we still have people reasoning like that...It is the cause of ignorance.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by bittyend1: 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
bond777: i use to experience it alot but 2 God's glory anytime i call Jesus i get free but it still continued. the attack came again de same day i got baptized in de Holy Ghost, in de boldness of de new power i received i told myself not bother use de name of Jesus but instead i spoke some strong tongues into de thing, that was my last time i ever experienced it. this year makes it 17 years and still counting.

give ur life to Christ and be filled with de Holy Ghost, that's all u need. forget de funky name de whites call it it is purely a demonic attack.

cheers cheesy

Give my life to Christ, when Christ said the Kingdom of God lives inside of me?? Shyte, I'm not trying to be "born again," too old for that. I'm trying to grow in God through my consciousness and knowledge of self. I'm a black man and 'heaven' helps those who help themselves.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by sigmundfreud(m): 5:59pm On Sep 10, 2012
without trying to offend spiritual sentiments...spiritualizing the issue is just not-so-it!
Recurrent sleep paralysis is usually associated with narcolepsy or other neurological problem. And its not as common as to av so many of u guyz experiencing it.
The closest differential is that fatigue induced type that happens to a lot of people.
U guyz are just tired...so go back to sleep.
BTW...the shout/or attempt is a good way of activating ur RAS (Reticular Activating System) that controls wakefulnesss.
Next time just shout 'Mummy' or (God forbid) 'Devil'..it will work!
*dodging bullets*

3 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Meddler(f): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2012
I experience it constantly. Especially when I'm laying on my back. I just switch my sleeping position when it happens. I understand it so its not as scary anymore. My only annoyance now is the hallucinations. Thinking I'm awake when I'm really not. Which I figured out but I guess my mind has found another way to trick me.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by spothot: 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2012
What about a situation when one is dreaming but one feels s/he's partially awake such that immediately the dream stops, that individual gets fully aware of his/her environment?
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by 2cicily: 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
I hv experienced it many times from my child hood till now. But what I do is shout JESUS in my mind and stop strugling. It stops few seconds after strugling then I wake and say my prayers. Am happy to knw that am not the only one experiencing it, so no panic anymore. Thanks guys
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
Meddler: I experience it constantly. Especially when I'm laying on my back. I just switch my sleeping position when it happens. I understand it so its not as scary anymore. My only annoyance now is the hallucinations. Thinking I'm awake when I'm really not. Which I figured out but I guess my mind has found another way to trick me.
grin grin grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by sigmundfreud(m): 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
afam4eva:
Not yet!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by sanchez4eva: 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2012
Life is beautiful and sleep is sweet...stop bothering about demons and witches...stop sleeping in fear..If you fall down, it is a mistake not demons..If there is no electricity it is the fault of NEPA not the prince of darkness...If your child does not get good grades in school, It is because of lack of study not your enemies..Sleep paralysis is normal and it happens to everyone..It is good to pray b4 sleep and when we wake up but don't blame demons because your brain does not want you to fall from the bed when dreaming..Yes there are demons and evil beings around but God is here to protect us. God does not want us to live in paranoia and fear...we should trust in him not in the words of people..
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by coolzeal(m): 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2012
I have had sleeping paralysis on so many occasions, i felt like i was awake but unable to move and my body was kind of vibrating intensely? Plus i might have even felt afraid but could not call for help? Am just use to it..
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Leopantro: 6:09pm On Sep 10, 2012
it use to happen to me but i did some research on it before i could understand. you can also control it, the sub conscious self, but it is difficul. i found that if i don't give into the fear and just wait and watch, i could make my self float about the room. but with the problems of life i lost it and it hasn't occurred for more than 7 years.

he you make up your mind not to to experience it it would stop. i don't know about witchcraft and such. haven't you listened to a song that made your perceptions different? have you ever looked at a picture of someone and thought of that person then you get a phone call from that person who was also thinking of you at that same time? they usually say something just said i should call you.

well , there is no knowledge that is not power
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by sigmundfreud(m): 6:09pm On Sep 10, 2012
Lanspower: I do experience it too but the one I experienced last was terrible....I wanted to shout Jesus but I screamed OGUN LAKAAAYE OSHINMOLE instead...the devil jumped of mee and said you know that guy? Abeg wake up joor I know wan that guy wahala ooo grin
LWKMD!!!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by claremont(m): 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2012
I experienced it a lot whilst growing up. I did not need to shout 'Jesus' (or any other name for that matter), it simply resolved itself after a few minutes. This is the problem with the mentality of people living in Africa; a simple biological occurrence is attributed to witches and demons.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by texbaba1: 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
yea i knw the feeling, coincidentally it almost happened to me last nyt again. It happened to me several times that i have now knwn when it wants to happen nd what to do to stop it. last nyt, while i lay down to sleep, i felt the experience building up, buh i quickly used all my strength to move my body nd forcefully open my eyes before it took root in me, also changing my sleeping position. trying to sleep again, it started building up again nd after fitghing it off again, i took my bible which was like miles away frm me...looool, prayed- covering myslf with the blood of Jesus and putting the bible under my pillow. i tell u the thing stoped immediately nd i slept soundly. i usually see it as demonic attack, cos the first times i exzperienced it, it really took hold of me so i felt the demons warm hands on my cheeks, laughing sinistally while laid helpless...i could feel it. i understand it usually when these evil pple have seen that something good is coming ur way, they use that means to collect the glory meant for u nd u would miss out on it. please if u have such experiences, dont just relax nd let it go on, fitgh it off cos when they say some pple sleep nd didnt wake up, thats usually what happend to them...they were pressed to death.

3 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by conyema12(m): 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2012
I used to have it.. It is so scary, but I have now discovered the trick about it; I no longer get scared when it happens all I do is to be calm, concentrate and call Jesus.
It happens mostly when am lying on my back.

In as much as it is a natural phenomenon, witches also use it to torment their preys.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by vanbonattel: 6:27pm On Sep 10, 2012
tex baba: yea i knw the feeling, coincidentally it almost happened to me last nyt again. It happened to me several times that i have now knwn when it wants to happen nd what to do to stop it. last nyt, while i lay down to sleep, i felt the experience building up, buh i quickly used all my strength to move my body nd forcefully open my eyes before it took root in me, also changing my sleeping position. trying to sleep again, it started building up again nd after fitghing it off again, i took my bible which was like miles away frm me...looool, prayed- covering myslf with the blood of Jesus and putting the bible under my pillow. i tell u the thing stoped immediately nd i slept soundly. i usually see it as demonic attack, cos the first times i exzperienced it, it really took hold of me so i felt the demons warm hands on my cheeks, laughing sinistally while laid helpless...i could feel it. i understand it usually when these evil pple have seen that something good is coming ur way, they use that means to collect the glory meant for u nd u would miss out on it. please if u have such experiences, dont just relax nd let it go on, fitgh it off cos when they say some pple sleep nd didnt wake up, thats usually what happend to them...they were pressed to death.

Its very normal fo a young lad, it cannot happen to 30+ adults except the 'kids at heart' If reall it is demons, why does it need to awake you before pressing you, it can sneak in and just stab you to death without your knowing how or why.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

52 Passengers On A Flight From India To Hong Kong Test Positive For COVID-19 / Bathing Every Day Not The Best? / NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.