Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,914 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears (730 Views)

Wage Award, 40% Salary Increase:  FG Dashes Hope Of Workers, Can’t Pay MDAs / FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears / Salary Rise For Workers Likely Over Inflation, Says FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by adenigga(m): 6:59pm On Apr 22, 2023
The Federal Government has commenced the payment of the 40 per cent pay rise arrears for civil servants, Saturday PUNCH has reliably learnt.

Our correspondent who spoke to some federal civil servants on Saturday learnt that workers started receiving bank alerts of the arrears on Saturday, April 22, 2023.

A high-ranking civil servant who spoke to our correspondent anonymously in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital, noted that the arrears came in alongside the April 2023 salary.

“I received my own arrears today. Some of our other colleagues have also confirmed receipt of their arrears. It came in alongside our April salary.”

Another civil servant who confirmed the development via a chat with our correspondent in Ibadan said, “Yes, it is true. Though I am a teacher with a Federal Government school, I can confirm to you that I received my April 2023 salary alongside my arrears.”

The PUNCH had earlier reported that the regime of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari(retd), proposed a 40 per cent pay rise for workers to cushion the effects of the planned removal of fuel subsidy.

The spokesperson for the Ministry of Labour, Employment and Productivity, Olajide Oshundun, who spoke to The PUNCH noted that the rise will be applicable to all workers from level 1 to 17.

Earlier in March, the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, disclosed that the Federal Government had approved a pay raise for civil servants in the country.

He added that the pay rise had been included in the 2023 budget, noting that it would take effect from January 1, 2023.

Ngige described the pay raise as a peculiar allowance for civil servants in view of the current economic reality and it is meant to help government workers to cushion the effects of rising inflation, the rising cost of living, hikes in transportation fare, housing and electricity tariffs.

Details later…

Source: https://punchng.com/BREAKING-FG-begin-payment-of-40%-salary-rise-arrears

Re: BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by iluvdonjazzy: 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2023
Nice one
Re: BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by GoWithGood: 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2023
How many Nigerians are federal civil service workers. Some families and even with extended family don't even have one person working under federal payroll.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Flight90: 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2023
😂🤣
Re: BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by vastolord4(m): 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2023
Heard its just federal workers.. if true, its gonna be a tough one to swallow for state and local government workers and this won't apply to the private sector
Re: BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Jostoman: 7:08pm On Apr 22, 2023
I have been watching for almost one week now and i have not seeing anyone since buhari and BAT systematically planning to remove Subsidy when the good people of Nigeria are are fighting buhari, BAT and Binani show of shame in Adamawa.

This Evil subsidy removal is between buhari and BAT because BAT knows that if he illegally take over on may 29 and remove subsidy there people will protest so he want buhari to remove it before may 29 and that was the reason why they are creating all sort of propaganda to divert our attention away from that evil decision. NLC, TUC and Nigerians should not agree to this evil Subsidy removal now.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Ever8090: 7:19pm On Apr 22, 2023
Ok...
Re: BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by inoki247: 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
Lol Buhari wan carry State Govt Handicap before he go...
Re: BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by greatiyk4u(m): 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2023
GoWithGood:
How many Nigerians are federal civil service workers. Some families and even with extended family don't even have one person working under federal payroll.

Many villages in the east have nobody in the Fg payroll
Re: BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Blissful45(m): 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2023
We will witness hyperinflation. It will be much worse when the fuel subsidy is finally removed in July. I'm depressed
Re: BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by GoWithGood: 7:24pm On Apr 22, 2023
greatiyk4u:

Many villages in the east have nobody in the Fg payroll

I said even up to extended family and even beyond don't have one person as a federal worker.
Re: BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by article1: 7:24pm On Apr 22, 2023
Good move, but what plan does the Federal Government has in place for citizens who are not civil servants, like the market women etc in this regard?
Re: BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Racoon(m): 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2023
Ngige described the pay raise as a peculiar allowance for civil servants in view of the current economic reality and it is meant to help government workers to cushion the effects of rising inflation, the rising cost of living, hikes in transportation fare, housing and electricity tariffs.
Same economy APC bastardised? This Greek's gift is a smokescreen for the more economic woes to befall workers when their fraudulent subsidy will be remove in June.

Thought Chris Ngige once said it was only opposition members that are complaining of the deplorable economic situation or hardship under the clueless govt he is subserving? Guess reality is clearer to him now?
Re: BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by GoodofNaija: 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2023
This is just a screensaver to deceive gullible people grin

Fraudster govt cheesy

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by SalamRushdie: 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2023
This is the bribe for you to allow them remove subsidy..when Fuel is 700 a litre I hope this will suffice

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Puremind1225: 7:29pm On Apr 22, 2023
Nonsense
Re: BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Mynd44: 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2023

(1)

Moment The President Elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Arrived Back After His Vacation / Revisiting the Prediction Of The Ekweremadus' Jail Term From A Year Ago / Obidients Gra Gra Will Reduce Drastically After May 29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.