Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears (48159 Views)

Wage Award, 40% Salary Increase:  FG Dashes Hope Of Workers, Can’t Pay MDAs / BREAKING: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears / Salary Rise For Workers Likely Over Inflation, Says FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by References1: 6:56pm On Apr 22, 2023
The Federal Government has commenced the payment of the 40 per cent pay rise arrears for civil servants, Saturday PUNCH has reliably learnt.

Our correspondent who spoke to some federal civil servants on Saturday learnt that workers started receiving bank alerts of the arrears on Saturday, April 22, 2023.

A high-ranking civil servant who spoke to our correspondent anonymously in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital, noted that the arrears came in alongside the April 2023 salary.

“I received my own arrears today. Some of our other colleagues have also confirmed receipt of their arrears. It came in alongside our April salary.

Another civil servant who confirmed the development via a chat with our correspondent in Ibadan said, “[b]Yes, it is true. Though I am a teacher with a Federal Government school, I can confirm to you that I received my April 2023 salary alongside my arrears.”[/b]

The PUNCH had earlier reported that the regime of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari(retd), proposed a 40 per cent pay rise for workers to cushion the effects of the planned removal of fuel subsidy.

The spokesperson for the Ministry of Labour, Employment and Productivity, Olajide Oshundun, who spoke to The PUNCH noted that the rise will be applicable to all workers from level 1 to 17.

Earlier in March, the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, disclosed that the Federal Government had approved a pay raise for civil servants in the country.

He added that the pay rise had been included in the 2023 budget, noting that it would take effect from January 1, 2023.

Ngige described the pay raise as a peculiar allowance for civil servants in view of the current economic reality and it is meant to help government workers to cushion the effects of rising inflation, the rising cost of living, hikes in transportation fare, housing and electricity tariffs.

https://punchng.com/breaking-fg-begins-payment-of-40-salary-rise-arrears/

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by BrotherSade: 6:56pm On Apr 22, 2023
😎

Buhari should do this one fast let it be the only good thing Nigerians will use to remember him when he finally leaves office 😎

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Flight90: 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2023
🤣😂 if you can believe this.... that means that you would also believe that one day dogs will start driving cars 😂🤣🤭

Meanwhile, check out my friend's short animation story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1ARufo_cFI

67 Likes 13 Shares

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by GoWithGood: 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2023
We that are not federal workers nko?

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by GoWithGood: 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2023
BrotherSade:
😎

Buhari should do this one fast let it be the only good thing Nigerians use to remember him when he finally leaves office 😎

How many Nigerians are under the federal government payroll but every Nigerian will surely feel the effect of fuel subsidy removal?

110 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Ofunaofu: 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2023
GoWithGood:

OYO

13 Likes

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Blissful45(m): 7:07pm On Apr 22, 2023
And inflation will rise so high particularly when the fuel subsidy is finally removed.
At this point in time, I am at a loss to understand why some are so rich, while others are poor and can't afford the essentials of life.
Bosses here on Nairaland should pls in God's almighty name, assuage my plight. I am sick with Malaria and typhoid. I am without drugs, no food to even eat. I'm depressed and frustrated. I need #5000 pls. No family love either. I'm so depressed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by GoWithGood: 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2023
Ofunaofu:

OYO

You see. Some families even up to the extended family don't have even one person as a federal worker.

24 Likes

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Ever8090: 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
Ok...
Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Risingblue008(m): 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2023
Yehr
Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by diplomat058(m): 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2023
Not enough. Are we just going to share the 800m palliative from world bank to ameliorate hardships to be induced by subsidy removal or we are going to put more sustainable measures in place? Like subsidizing fuel refined in Nigeria and giving loans to local refiners?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Goodlady(f): 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2023
Buhariiiiii no carry dem handicap o! I no just trust you

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by fasho01(m): 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2023
Asin this will be the only good thing in this 8 years of backwardness

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Nazgul: 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2023
This is a temporary solution cos less than 40% of our population are federal government workers. Question is what happens to the remaining 60%, how would they survive?

We want a permanent solution and that can be achieved if the monies which were used to pay for subsidies are redirected to our morbid refineries so as to get them running effectively within 6-8 months of the subsidy removal.

If this isn't done and the money is looted, then even the 40% increment wouldn't mean much anymore cos the kind inflation we're going experience, even 1m would look like 10k.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by FantasyWolf(m): 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2023
So people in private sector fa

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Oloshovendor: 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2023
I no believe

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Kingray10: 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2023
Those if you who don't understand the purpose of this, be ready to buy fuel 500 upward.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Hollyharjii: 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2023
Something is cooking

5 Likes

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by DenreleDave(m): 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2023
cheesy grin grin

Na federal worker dem give increment, watch how Peter Obi and his mob will start crying again cool cool

8 years to crying by Peter obi and his mob to sweet well well....

God bless 🇳🇬

God bless the president-elect

God bless Nigerians home and abroad

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Trustme2(m): 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2023
Ok
Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by nurey(m): 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2023
40% pay rise that will be equal to 200% rise in goods and services, las las the increment would not be felt.

So I earn 100,000, 40% increase is 140,000.

40% increase of bag of rice 35,000 to 49,000
Soup say 10,000 for a month now 14,000
Protein 20,000 a month now 28,000
Fuel 200L say 50L a month now 500 by 50L 25,000

By the time we add others, inflation would make the increment a GREEK GIFT angry

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by chromofg: 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2023
The increment is not for all civil servant o. Just for some MDAs and those on CONPSS

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by shagasha: 7:35pm On Apr 22, 2023
The 40% no go even go anywhere

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by inoki247: 7:35pm On Apr 22, 2023
Lol Buhari don carry State Govt Handicap...

People wey dey always owe before aw dem wan take du this one shocked sad
Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by greatiyk4u(m): 7:35pm On Apr 22, 2023
Hmmm
In eastern Nigeria many villages have nobody under FG payroll yet federal character dey the constitution

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Infobase101: 7:35pm On Apr 22, 2023
Ok
Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Djblack1986: 7:35pm On Apr 22, 2023
Blissful45:
And inflation will rise so high particularly when the fuel subsidy is finally removed.
At this point in time, I am at a loss to understand why some are so rich, while others are poor and can't afford the essentials of life.
Bosses here on Nairaland should pls in God's almighty name, assuage my plight. I am sick with Malaria and typhoid. I am without drugs, no food to even eat. I'm depressed and frustrated. I need #5000 pls. No family love either. I'm so depressed
don't be depressed because of malaria and typhoid that looks like a normal sickness to the average Nigerians. Go take bitter leaf water or male pawpaw leaf juice that sickness go run.

9 Likes

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Henix(m): 7:35pm On Apr 22, 2023
GoWithGood:

State Civil Servants will be at the mercy of their respective governors. Every other person out there will increase the price of goods and services

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by Racoon(m): 7:35pm On Apr 22, 2023
Same economy APC bastardised? This Greek's gift is a smokescreen for the more economic woes to befall workers when their fraudulent subsidy will be remove in June.

Thought Chris Ngige once said it was only opposition members that are complaining of the deplorable economic situation or hardship under the clueless govt he is subserving? Guess reality is clearer to him now?

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears by clockwisereport: 7:36pm On Apr 22, 2023
Ok. Nice one.

But still, the take home still cannot take some people home

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] / Between Tolu Ogunlesi And Osita Chidoka On Twitter / SK Usman Spends His Weekend With Snake (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.