Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,728 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband (16691 Views)

Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? / Man Designs Posters For Wife’s Lover; Says “stop Sleeping With My Wife Or Die On / Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by Pojomojo: 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2023
almarthins:

The man no well, na who knack the woman?
The pikin fall from sky ?

The man should take responsibility, period.
If na me I go just take responsibility no be blame game. I remember the day my gf told me she no longer on birth pills, Omo! I switch mode to coitus interruptus. If u no want wahala, why look for one; and then say I no want wahala.
Wife her na
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by olabrinks(f): 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2023
Flier:
Only the arm implant method can not fail,other methods is just like sending invitation letter to another child because they will fail at some point
So if you want peace of mind,do the implant (Nexplanon)
The good thing is cost 5000 naira or free in some places and it takes less than 2 minutes to be done
the best contrceoption ever! It has not failed me only downside is irregular bleeding but it will stop after like 7 months from when you get it

2 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by SeedofAbraham: 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2023
sync:
So I and my friends went to visit a friend that just put to bed her 5th child.

This child was unplanned for as they had already stopped having children.

She narrated to us how her husband was furious when she told him she was pregnant. He blamed her for not taking the necessary precautions.

This brought a debate between us, who actually is responsible for an unplanned pregnancy.

Is it majorly on the woman who knows her cycle and carries the pregnancy but was still careless or on both the man and wife for not working closely together to ensure what needed to be done is done
Observing your cycle isn't a safe option... call toll free 7790 for guidance on safe & affordable Family Planning options (implants such as Levoplant, Lydia Copper T etc.).
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by victorVIC1(m): 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2023
N3TRAL:
To give a comprehensive answer to the question, a plethora of determinants must be considered. One of them is "cost". Others are the "pain" and "risk" involved.

After a detailed consideration of the various birth control techniques, I have resolved that the man is to blame because male condom use is the cheapest means of birth control.

Male condoms are usually given as souvenir at health awareness programs and campaigns. They're displayed for sale at the counters of malls and stores.

Spermicide is more expensive and the procedure is not without side effects.
Vasectomy is painful and there are cases of inability to reverse the male to his status quo. Pills and contraceptive implants can affect the female reproductive system negatively.

The use of condom is the birth control method that you're sure of stopping if the uneventful happens.

For instance, if you lose an only child or you discover through a DNA test that you're a victim of paternity fraud, you can always take off the condom and fill her up with white protein.

Quite insightful
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by missyblissy: 3:56pm On Apr 23, 2023
The woman is responsible. If you leave some men, their wives will give birth to more than they can train. Madam it is your responsibility.

If you are done giving birth to the kids you and your hubby can train, Aunty wear family planning.

Some men object to this, if they do, madam your life is at rsik woth every pregnancy you carry. Na grace of God they hel us women. Aunty put the family planning without his consent. No be your hubby they go heaven ans back during labour. Do yourself a favour ans do the needful. Or tie your tubes when your done.

It is a woman's responsibility

1 Like

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by eyinjuege: 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2023
Moniya4Real:
Never! Wear condom to have sex with my wife. Over my dead body.

Then stop complaining if she keeps falling pregnant cheesy
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by ItisWell22(f): 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2023
[b][/b]
Globad:

The woman...

There's a reason the significant effort of family planning is on the woman.

The woman receives and if she's not willing or ready, the sender sends in vain. This is true most of the time

Herein lies the reason your friend’s husband has put the blame on her… 🤭
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by 1Sharon(f): 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2023
Africans really don't know how to use contraception!

It didn't fail. YOU failed to use it correctly.

Unexposed ignorant Nigeria men, they say they don't want to use condoms on their wives . They will say condoms are only for oloshos or Gfs.

But wearing it cost you guys nothing.

Female contraceptions affects a woman's hormones, mood and weight.

3 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by 1Sharon(f): 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2023
phemmyfour:
Both
What stopped the man from using condom even if the family planning method fails.

When a team concede goals, both the attackers and defenders should be blame

White people use condoms alot in their marraiges but African men think it's beneath them. They believe it's only for oloshos.

I'm tired of the ignorance with Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by adjoamu: 4:51pm On Apr 23, 2023
Cutehector:
Nobody is to be blamed, when God says yes a child wil come forth, nobody says no.

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by phemmyfour: 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2023
1Sharon:

White people use condoms alot in their marraiges but African men think it's beneath them. They believe it's only for oloshos.

I'm tired of the ignorance with Nigerians.
They will tell you that they are not enjoying it. Foolish excuse

1 Like

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by Moniya4Real(m): 5:28pm On Apr 23, 2023
Bro calm down! Withdrawal method no Dey fail an expert.

eyinjuege:

Then stop complaining if she keeps falling pregnant cheesy
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by nairalanda1(m): 5:33pm On Apr 23, 2023
sync:

She narrated to us how her husband was furious when she told him she was pregnant. He blamed her for not taking the necessary precautions.

This brought a debate between us, who actually is responsible for an unplanned pregnancy.

Is it majorly on the woman who knows her cycle and carries the pregnancy but was still careless or on both the man and wife for not working closely together to ensure what needed to be done is done

The debate is unnecessary.

The problem here is that neither of them have gone to a hospital for proper counselling on family planning methods.

Till they go there, both of them are to blame

Advise them to get counselling first, then we can talk.
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by missyblissy: 5:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
1Sharon:
Africans really don't know how to use contraception!

It didn't fail. YOU failed to use it correctly.

Unexposed ignorant Nigeria men, they say they don't want to use condoms on their wives . They will say condoms are only for oloshos or Gfs.

But wearing it cost you guys nothing.

Female contraceptions affects a woman's hormones, mood and weight.

If the family planning method is affecting yiur health, then tie your tubes.

1 Like

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by missyblissy: 5:37pm On Apr 23, 2023
Moniya4Real:

Bro calm down! Withdrawal method no Dey fail an expert.

Over fail dey worry this method.

1 Like

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by missyblissy: 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2023
sync:

They are both to blame. When you know you are done, you either go vasectomy or tie your tubes. This procedure doesn't affect your sexual satisfaction..

Like I said earlier, the woman should take all precautions not to fall pregnant again. Na her body oooo.
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by 1Sharon(f): 5:51pm On Apr 23, 2023
missyblissy:

If the family planning method is affecting yiur health, then tie your tubes.

You want the woman to tie her tubes when you can simply use a condom?

Why are you Nigerian men dense like this? The ego is out of this world!

3 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by manchyme: 5:54pm On Apr 23, 2023
eyinjuege:
It's both their responsibility.
Men can wear condoms, have vasectomies to prevent pregnancy.
Women can do contraceptives too. Knowing your period is not a sure way of preventing pregnancy as your period can change due to stress, hormones for whatever reason

That period you're talking about I'll advice you put your mouth in topics you have experience in, as in personal experience. Do you have personal experience on that? For me, knowing your period works perfectly.
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by caandi: 6:12pm On Apr 23, 2023
Pls the both parties are to be blamed sometimes, but most especially the husband!!
I know of a friends elder sis who had issue with the husby cos of this same topic
Her baby was not upto two years, she was on a family planning method but it was not suitable for her body so she decided to stop it cos the negative impacts were more
Still trying to balance her life, she kept on telling her hubby the situation of things
The man blankly refused saying he wants a child
Anytime they get intimate this man will refuse using condom
She told him her body is not yet ready to carry another child
Atlast when the thing entered; she found out and told the man she was going to abort
The man went livid with anger and sent her packing to her fathers house saying all sort of rubbish
Ahswear Africans are too backward
If it were to be abroad
The man and woman would decide they don’t want to have children for some couple of years or hey Will adopt and African man will never agree to this
Even a poor man will be claiming his wife must birth 10 children for him cos his mum has dem many
Stupid mentality
Mtcheeww

2 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by missyblissy: 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2023
1Sharon:

As the man no gree wear condom nko. What do you do? It's your body and your decision shey if he impregnates you again , you will go and abort abi. Why not save yourself this emotional truama.

If the man refuse to wear condom, then buy female condom abi. Wear your own condom. Case close

2 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by 1Sharon(f): 6:25pm On Apr 23, 2023
missyblissy:

As the man no gree wear condom nko. What do you do? It's your body and your decision shey if he impregnates you again , you will go and abort abi. Why not save yourself this emotional truama.

If the man refuse to wear condom, then buy female condom abi. Wear your own condom. Case close

It's the woman's body, but does the child belong to only the woman, will the woman alone raise the child?

Conception is a joint effort and couples need to both come to a compromise
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by eepeepook: 6:29pm On Apr 23, 2023
Dumb topics once again. It’s 2005, I see.
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by N3TRAL: 6:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
1Sharon:

Nigerian women enable them- fact.

I give women maximum respect and they mock me for being too "white".

Drop-dead fine and productive guy like me 😂 SMH

1 Like

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by 1Sharon(f): 6:36pm On Apr 23, 2023
caandi:
Pls the both parties are to be blamed sometimes, but most especially the husband!!
I know of a friends elder sis who had issue with the husby cos of this same topic
Her baby was not upto two years, she was on a family planning method but it was not suitable for her body so she decided to stop it cos the negative impacts were more
Still trying to balance her life, she kept on telling her hubby the situation of things
Atlast when the thing entered; she found out and told the man she was going to abort
The man went livid with anger and sent her packing to her fathers house saying all sort of rubbish
If it were to be abroad
The man and woman would decide they don’t want to have children for some couple of years or hey Will adopt and African man will never agree to this
Even a poor man will be claiming his wife must birth 10 children for him cos his mum has dem many
Stupid mentality
Mtcheeww

Thank you!! This is exactly what I'm trying to tell them.

Their ego is out of this world, and their intelligence doesn't match it. Their close mindedness is very irritating.

I don't know why married Nigerian men see it as taboo to use condoms. It's not for olosho's and GF's, it's just a contraceptive.

It literally cost them nothing to use it. But female contraception affects women In so many different ways. Relationships are all about compromise. Both couples may not like condoms, but nobody's health is being affected.

2 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by 1Sharon(f): 6:53pm On Apr 23, 2023
N3TRAL:

Nigerian women enable them- fact.

I give women maximum respect and they mock me for being too "white".

Drop-dead fine and productive guy like me 😂 SMH

The women too are clueless.

But na white ppl dey pro for this family planning issue. 1 or 2 kids max and a dog.

They birth what they can handle. But Africans look at them and laugh

2 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by N3TRAL: 7:09pm On Apr 23, 2023
1Sharon:

The women too are clueless.

But na white ppl dey pro for this family planning issue. 1 or 2 kids max and a dog.

They birth what they can handle. But Africans look at them and laugh

It's hard to be the enlightened individual or have a different perspective from the usual view of the narrow-minded African society.

Most African women genuinely believe that they're beneath men and are lower than their husbands in the scheme of things.

Gender discrimination is a factor that hinders birth control in Nigeria. Most women still feel guilty and unfulfilled if they don't give birth to male children.

Many women believe that men are things that cannot control themselves and must be satisfied despite the female's unsound body at the moment.

Many women are submissive to the fear that if they do not give into their husbands desires that are to their detriment, he would be justified to find another lady outside.

Nigerian women are far from emancipation. Religion is a major obstacle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by missyblissy: 8:17pm On Apr 23, 2023
1Sharon:

It's the woman's body, but does the child belong to only the woman, will the woman alone raise the child?

Conception is a joint effort and couples need to both come to a compromise

I agree its a joint effort if the couple makes the decision together. Not in our African society where most men are clouded by Am the man mentality anything i say goes. Some women are married to these men so what should they do? Stop sleeping with their husbands an cause problems for themselves. Omo wisdom is profitable to direct oooo. Make them use their head. Na one life God give everybody if your candle off, e don off oooo nothing fit on am again.
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by missyblissy: 8:19pm On Apr 23, 2023
manchyme:

That period you're talking about I'll advice you put your mouth in topics you have experience in, as in personal experience. Do you have personal experience on that? For me, knowing your period works perfectly.

Not when you have irregular period oooo. E go surprise you
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by sweetman2022: 10:17pm On Apr 23, 2023
caandi:
If it were to be abroad
Stupid mentality
Mtcheeww
Please stop hasty generalization about African men. Agreed that some are stupid and foolish, that's why they give birth to what they can't train. Well most times, they suffered for it by carrying responsibility beyond their power. You will now see them getting older than their peers and die early. Any of my generation that falls into this hell, I will never give a single fck about the person. The worst part is that most of this men are fully educated. Some will even further their studies after their first degree, yet simple family planning is a big deal to them.

1 Like

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by almarthins(m): 10:31pm On Apr 23, 2023
Pojomojo:
Wife her na

Which one be wife her?

Abi no be the man bang him wife or another another man?
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by Unrated900(m): 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2023
Good point though

quote author=Godswillu post=122696033]From the comments I can tell that most of you are not married.
The woman is to blame
Let's look at it from this angle
If the husband want a child and the wife says she is not ready. Do you the woman will not get pregnant no matter how many times they make love.
But on the other hand if the wife want a child (in most case they don't tell their husband they want a child) and the husband says he is not ready. The one time they make love the wife will get pregnant. And the wife will blame it on the husband as if once you have given birth to the number of children you want no more love making for the man.
The married men and women in the house can confirm[/quote]
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by sweetman2022: 11:10pm On Apr 23, 2023
Karleb:
If you are a serious person, it should be your fault whether man or woman.

But man should take responsibility here, women are emotional and most are broke, na you go still dey take care of the family including yourself, so why leave such to the care of a woman?
Your last statement should make every man reasonable to take charge and not wait for the wife.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women / Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance / Should A Man Stop His Wife From Wearing Trousers After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.