Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,017 members, 7,814,468 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband (16652 Views)

Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? / Man Designs Posters For Wife’s Lover; Says “stop Sleeping With My Wife Or Die On / Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by sync(f): 10:16am On Apr 23, 2023
So I and my friends went to visit a friend that just put to bed her 5th child.

This child was unplanned for as they had already stopped having children.

She narrated to us how her husband was furious when she told him she was pregnant. He blamed her for not taking the necessary precautions.

This brought a debate between us, who actually is responsible for an unplanned pregnancy.

Is it majorly on the woman who knows her cycle and carries the pregnancy but was still careless or on both the man and wife for not working closely together to ensure what needed to be done is done

5 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by eyinjuege: 10:21am On Apr 23, 2023
It's both their responsibility.
Men can wear condoms, have vasectomies to prevent pregnancy.
Women can do contraceptives too. Knowing your period is not a sure way of preventing pregnancy as your period can change due to stress, hormones for whatever reason

65 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by suckmedownthere(f): 10:31am On Apr 23, 2023
Neither a husband or wife can do or make a child alone..... It's a collective responsibility.. No matter how big the penis is or how nice and tight a vagina is, each can never produce a child single-handedly....

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by donbachi(m): 10:36am On Apr 23, 2023
Withdrawal method never do you something.

16 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by N3TRAL: 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2023
To give a comprehensive answer to the question, a plethora of determinants must be considered. One of them is "cost". Others are the "pain" and "risk" involved.

After a detailed consideration of the various birth control techniques, I have resolved that the man is to blame because male condom use is the cheapest means of birth control.

Male condoms are usually given as souvenir at health awareness programs and campaigns. They're displayed for sale at the counters of malls and stores.

Spermicide is more expensive and the procedure is not without side effects.
Vasectomy is painful and there are cases of inability to reverse the male to his status quo. Pills and contraceptive implants can affect the female reproductive system negatively.

The use of condom is the birth control method that you're sure of stopping if the uneventful happens.

For instance, if you lose an only child or you discover through a DNA test that you're a victim of paternity fraud, you can always take off the condom and fill her up with white protein.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by alfredo4u(m): 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2023
Nobody's fault, God can't give u what u can't train.....

But, if u can take kia of them all, fire on.....

After all, we dey 7 for my house, and my parents are enjoying it now ......

Gifts from here and there.......

17 grand children....Mumcy is still 65, Popsy is late....

Multiply if u can

8 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by Globad(f): 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2023
sync:

She narrated to us how her husband was furious when she told him she was pregnant. He blamed her for not taking the necessary precautions.

This brought a debate between us, who actually is responsible for an unplanned pregnancy.

Is it majorly on the woman who knows her cycle and carries the pregnancy but was still careless or on both the man and wife for not working closely together to ensure what needed to be done is done

The woman...

There's a reason the significant effort of family planning is on the woman.

The woman receives and if she's not willing or ready, the sender sends in vain. This is true most of the time

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by 1950Mack: 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2023
grin both... yikinyikin is too much grin
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by peacettw: 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2023
Funny question.

If we move beyond idealism and embrace the unique socio-cultural milieu that is our harsh reality, then the wife should be held responsible.

Frankly, this shouldn't even be a debate since the wife gets to do the grueling work of incubating a human baby for 9 months to the detriment of her mind, body and well-being. That alone in addition to so many other factors that are too numerous to mention now are enough for any woman to take charge and protect herself and future from unwanted pregnancies.

These days, practically all family planning methods for women are easily accessible and affordable. Furthermore, in many hospitals, the husband's consent is no longer required as a prerequisite for female family planning.

Any married woman with an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy has herself to blame.

5 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by xavuv: 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2023
A baby that will come will definitely come, even with sophisticated precautions inplace. I have experienced this.

8 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by Animegirl(f): 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2023
cheesy this brought back memories from our neighbors. Just one beautiful morning, I and mum heard our neighbors insulting each other.

The wife be like " Nah inside poverty you come give me belle again after 5 children, I tell you say I no fit do family planning for the next couple of month because of no money. You come put prick inside me, now I don get belle"

The wife was cursing and insulting the husband but the man never said a word.

Well the woman later went to hospital for pregnancy test, but funny thing she wasn't pregnant. She had typoid reason why her menses delayed.

For me is a collective responsibility.

30 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by SMARTMOTORS(m): 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2023
Both!.....but on a serious note parenting is gradually failing in our society oo!...I swear things dey happen!

3 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by scholarsfunding: 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2023
Neither a husband or wife can do or make a child alone..... It's a collective responsibility
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by meum: 1:41pm On Apr 23, 2023
Both husband and wife and the hospital it was done

1 Like

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by Cutehector(m): 1:41pm On Apr 23, 2023
Nobody is to be blamed, when God says yes a child wil come forth, nobody says no.

3 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by merits(m): 1:41pm On Apr 23, 2023
sync:

Man, because our cucumber always 🥒 look for hole to vomit 🤮🤢 he is not 🚭🚫 satisfy anytime he vomits outside.

2 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by buharibanjo(m): 1:41pm On Apr 23, 2023
Blame the family planning
E no work well
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by manee2(m): 1:41pm On Apr 23, 2023
grin
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by Jestin: 1:41pm On Apr 23, 2023
The gods are not to blame
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 23, 2023
grin

They commited the " CRIME " together , so the should both pay for it grin grin grin grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by almarthins(m): 1:42pm On Apr 23, 2023
sync:

The man no well, na who knack the woman?
The pikin fall from sky ?

The man should take responsibility, period.
If na me I go just take responsibility no be blame game. I remember the day my gf told me she no longer on birth pills, Omo! I switch mode to coitus interruptus. If u no want wahala, why look for one; and then say I no want wahala.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by SoCalm: 1:43pm On Apr 23, 2023
Both
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by Godswillu(m): 1:43pm On Apr 23, 2023
From the comments I can tell that most of you are not married.
The woman is to blame
Let's look at it from this angle
If the husband want a child and the wife says she is not ready. Do you the woman will not get pregnant no matter how many times they make love.
But on the other hand if the wife want a child (in most case they don't tell their husband they want a child) and the husband says he is not ready. The one time they make love the wife will get pregnant. And the wife will blame it on the husband as if once you have given birth to the number of children you want no more love making for the man.
The married men and women in the house can confirm

19 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by Rodderiko: 1:43pm On Apr 23, 2023
Yu
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by tctrills: 1:43pm On Apr 23, 2023
sync:

The answer to your question totally depends on their chosen method of family planning.

1 Like

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by ednut1(m): 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2023
Both parties are to be blamed. So many irreparable Nigerians giving birth to kids like pigs

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by Arabk25: 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2023
Both the man and the woman are to be blame for me.
A woman must know how to calculate her menstral circle so as not to get pregnant easily
The man should apply withdrawal method though its not easily if you may ask me, or better still use condom to cut the long story short but you won't get 100% satisfaction with it though

3 Likes

Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by Dedseiop: 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2023
Felif:
Both
I agree
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by Caramia2020(m): 1:45pm On Apr 23, 2023
It's not the fault of anyone of them.
Re: Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband by nymphomaniac(m): 1:45pm On Apr 23, 2023
They will both be blamed. It’s a partnership and both husband and wife should have joined hands to ensure that the wife doesn’t take in. They will bear their cross and responsibility jointly.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Kids Of Nowadays Growing Up Too Fast? / Should A Man Stop His Wife From Wearing Trousers After Marriage? / Subliminal Messages Hidden In Disney Cartoons That Our Kids Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.