Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? (27535 Views)

Please Married Folks, Help Me Plan A Budget / Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Briteiyobo1(m): 9:54pm On Apr 24, 2023
Any woman who has the guts to slap her mother in law is not fit to be called a daughter in law no matter what your mother told her. For me, she won't sleep that house that day and her people will be the ones who will pack her belongings because she ain't entering my house again.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by donnie2016: 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2023
QuinModah:
First mistake is putting two women to stay in the same space, you have literally put two burning woods together.

The bible says, for a man shall LEAVE his mother and father (the process of leaving his preparing himself to be a better man all round-financially, emotional and otherwise) and cling onto his wife. In addition, it also says who finds a wife find a good thing and obtain favor from God.

There was a reason your mom refused to remarry.
Your wife is wrong on all grounds to slap your mom irrespective of how angry she was.
Have you asked your mom what happened that day? Also ask your wife what happened that lead her to slap your mom, this should be done in the presence of both party and don't take sides at that point, don't let it escalate to a shouting match (act like a man in there presence), let your presence be felt by both parties in the meeting. After the meeting, thank them and tell them they would here from you soon.
Did you marry your wife legally? or it's a partnership relationship or co-habiting things?
The ball is in your court, act like a man for once. Women love men that take charge!!!

By the way, what's the fertility issue?
In addition, what did you mom tell your wife I decided to get my mum who stays with us to help me speak to her woman to woman. But this made them become sworn enemies. My wife since then talks to my mother anyhow and disrespects her every now and then. It has been like that for months.
if it was your Mom that was slapped you wouldn't be here sounding this liberal and so forgiving.That woman was lucky,she's married to such a weakling
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Franklinshaddy(m): 10:11pm On Apr 24, 2023
If this story is true then you are a bastart
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Tobest94: 10:25pm On Apr 24, 2023
I know it’s nollywood sha but any day my wife lay her hands on my mom, I’ll beat her enter coma. Fir your information, I no Dey best woman but I can start that day sha
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by dbestuncle: 10:33pm On Apr 24, 2023
Fineman2:
Story of the day;

Hello Omajuwa. I am an only child who is 42years old. My mother refused to remarry after my father died when I was young. She sacrificed so much for me to be where I am today. I got married about 7years ago. My wife and I have been looking upto God for a child. After pleading with my wife for us to adopt at least a child to no avail, I decided to get my mum who stays with us to help me speak to her woman to woman. But this made them become sworn enemies. My wife since then talks to my mother anyhow and disrespects her every now and then. It has been like that for months.

Few days ago, while returning from work, I heard their loud shouts from outside but I remained outside waiting for the shouts to be over as I didn’t want to be put in the position of choosing a side. But I had to intervene when I heard a loud slap. My wife had slapped my mother. I was enraged but I kept my cool, took my mother from the scene and catered for her. I have since not said a word to my wife.

All I feel when I am at home is sadness and depression. I have no peace in my own home. I have sacrificed a whole lot just to make this marriage work. The woman I married has become someone else. I have defended this same woman from my extended family for years. I have been labeled a ritualist and all sorts of name due to our childlessness but I have never cheated and I have always defended my wife despite knowing that she is the one with fertility issues.

Even though my mother has been trying to put up a strong front since that day, I know that she has been crying herself to sleep. I love my wife so much but I love my mum too. What could my mother have possibly done to warrant her slapping my mother? I think my wife is selfish and is no longer who I married. Why would she rather constantly inflict pain and sadness on her own family? I just want peace of mind and I have made up my mind to divorce my wife. But hope this won’t be a mistake? Is there still a marriage to save here? How do I go about it? What do I do? Please help me.

I don't see the marriage breaking, I think you can amend the marriage. You have work to do between the both.
Sorry for blaming you. You didn't do well that is what has led to this rift. You should learn how to function between them n peace will return. I am so sorry for your mum n I thank God for your patience not to beat your wife that day
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by MeineMutter: 11:08pm On Apr 24, 2023
Looks like you be woman wrapper.

Try give another woman belle. Let’s see if na you or na she get problem.

Go her house, go cause katakata and s.lap her mama for face or papa. Make an 1-1.

Throwey her things out. No be your wife she be. She just dey live under your roof and, probably, bearing your name.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Godsonkemz(m): 11:54pm On Apr 24, 2023
Op, You dey craze. How can a woman you married raise her filthy hands on your mum and you allowed her to remain as wife. You better slap and panelbeat me than to slap any of my parents regardless of any sort of grievance with them. You must be a simp to have allowed such.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by donhils: 12:24am On Apr 25, 2023
Well, I won't take it. No wife of mine can slap my mother under any circumstances. That's too far. The wife is toxic, irresponsible, violent, disrespectful, untrained etc
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Nnatuu: 1:06am On Apr 25, 2023
A wife who slapped her mother in law has zero respect for her husband...she should have spoken to you about whatever your mum did first and allow you to handle it. She's not submissive, and is a ticking time bomb.

For your information, ANY young woman who can raise her hand and slap an old woman, irrespectiveof the circumstance that led to it...is seriously irresponsible and a serious danger for any man to marry. Just know that...
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Keji1012(m): 3:12am On Apr 25, 2023
SisterAnn:
That's the best at this point. It could be temporary, depending on her conduct during the separation, it will determine if she's coming back or not.

Coming back where?.. can the do be undo?... Slapping my would have been better than slapping my goddess (my mum)
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by MalbakOscar(m): 6:02am On Apr 25, 2023
This man is a weak man. This is one of the side effects of "wokeness" in marriage.
The wife has absolutely no respect for him, his mother and the entire family.
One of the things that separates humans from animals is awareness of consequences of our actions.
The wife knows that NOTHING WILL HAPPEN so she had the effrontery to raise her hands and SLAP his mother.
You can't do shi* about it.
You're an only child so no siblings to retaliate.
Your extended family are non existent or inconsequential so no regard for them.

The worst he can do is not talk to her. Which is what you're doing as predicted.
Pata Pata! she'll be asked to apologize and she'll say "sorry" but "O TI GBA IYA E LETI. AGBA GBE".

The mother is crying herself to sleep every night because she has finally realised her precious son is a weakling who can't stand up for her.

He should have authoritatively put an end to the rift between both women before it escalated to that point.
If a man's mother and wife have issues to the extent that it leads to either verbal or physical attacks then the man is to be blamed.
Each should know not to overstep and be aware that whatever they do is a reflection of you.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by onumadu: 6:22am On Apr 25, 2023
zakkxx:
If you divorce your wife na Hell Fire straight! Only death can separate you with your wife. Why will u tell your wife to adopt a child? Na you go take care of the child? U are suppose to encourage your wife never to give up that a child is from the lord and you love her regardless! I know a renowned pastor, it took him over twenty years to have a child and na Holy Ghost pastor oo. He doesn’t preach useless prosperity message! Na strong born again but God latter answer their prayer after twenty years. Y do u allow your mom and wife to stay together? Separate them, rent a nice apartment for your mother outside. Talk to your wife in a calm way. U and your wife are one! Be wise ooo!

Err ..,
Homer is that you?

Oga, in my world, mothers are physical representatives of God.
Anybody who dishonors his mother disobeys God's direct command (in 10 commandments).
If you divorce a BAD WIFE, you improve your chance of going to heaven.

Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Aarenasbaba(m): 6:50am On Apr 25, 2023
Fineman2:
This is true life story on radio station

I just listened to the program.

I will beat the hell out of such disrespectful wife
Even if na to break her hand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by asaajuomo1(m): 7:22am On Apr 25, 2023
A needle that has a rope tie to it, doesn't get loss easily. Call your father and mother in-law to report her before taking any decision.
If her parent apologize to your Mum, bury the hatchet, if not, you can follow your instinct.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by drlateef: 7:47am On Apr 25, 2023
Fineman2:
Story of the day;

Hello Omajuwa. I am an only child who is 42years old. My mother refused to remarry after my father died when I was young. She sacrificed so much for me to be where I am today. I got married about 7years ago. My wife and I have been looking upto God for a child. After pleading with my wife for us to adopt at least a child to no avail, I decided to get my mum who stays with us to help me speak to her woman to woman. But this made them become sworn enemies. My wife since then talks to my mother anyhow and disrespects her every now and then. It has been like that for months.

Few days ago, while returning from work, I heard their loud shouts from outside but I remained outside waiting for the shouts to be over as I didn’t want to be put in the position of choosing a side. But I had to intervene when I heard a loud slap. My wife had slapped my mother. I was enraged but I kept my cool, took my mother from the scene and catered for her. I have since not said a word to my wife.

All I feel when I am at home is sadness and depression. I have no peace in my own home. I have sacrificed a whole lot just to make this marriage work. The woman I married has become someone else. I have defended this same woman from my extended family for years. I have been labeled a ritualist and all sorts of name due to our childlessness but I have never cheated and I have always defended my wife despite knowing that she is the one with fertility issues.

Even though my mother has been trying to put up a strong front since that day, I know that she has been crying herself to sleep. I love my wife so much but I love my mum too. What could my mother have possibly done to warrant her slapping my mother? I think my wife is selfish and is no longer who I married. Why would she rather constantly inflict pain and sadness on her own family? I just want peace of mind and I have made up my mind to divorce my wife. But hope this won’t be a mistake? Is there still a marriage to save here? How do I go about it? What do I do? Please help me.

You have to sit your wife down and talk your mind to her. Tell her you hate what she did to your mother and she should never do anything that will make you to choose between the two of them. The wives of nowadays take their luck too far. They think the love you have for them can be taken advantage of. But they forget that a wife can always divorce you, but a mother can never leave you. The choice is very clear if a wife cannot get that reality into her head. There will always be other women to marry but you cannot choose another mother. If she does not calm down and change, serve her the breakfast. There are plenty of replacement women waiting outside.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Spiff20(m): 7:53am On Apr 25, 2023
Since she's childless divorcing her will be easy with no strings attached. That's a good punishment for not beating her to pulp when she slapped the womb that bore you.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Godsongang: 8:40am On Apr 25, 2023
Damn! Na him be say the woman don follow devil drag spoon because she go think say dangote jam am.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by TUANKU(m): 8:53am On Apr 25, 2023
You need to grow some balls you spineless coward. No consequences for her slapping your mother? She's going to do it again some day.
Dem suppose give you 30 strokes of the bulala.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by NOBLE179(m): 8:53am On Apr 25, 2023
Fineman2:
Story of the day;

d
I will divorce her. that's witchcraft., the cannot give birth and she doesn't want adoption too. to make the matter worst, she slapped my mother. how long do you intend to be sad because of her ?

1 Like

Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by transient123(m): 9:04am On Apr 25, 2023
Nukilia:
Red lines crossed

More than a red line. My wife slapping my mummy...haba, not possible. If she is an ogbanje , na that day she will relinquish her membership.

Can't just fathom this scenario.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Honestfrend: 10:00am On Apr 25, 2023
Fineman2:
Story of the day;

Rule of marriage.. No 1...None of ur family member is suppose to live with u once u re married.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by jmichael259(m): 10:02am On Apr 25, 2023
Someone slapped your mother and both of you are still alive for this story?

When we finish that one fess then you tel us whose fault it is that you are childless. Are you still virile sef or you just leave only the woman to be going to hospitals?
IVF through Egg donor or sperm donor. bt if can't pregnancy try surrogacy, 2nd woman etc

Adoption should be done out of love and finality not desperation. If you or your wife happen to bear their own kids later, wickedness might ensue. Already she hates adoption. Everything has boiled down to
Get ursef anoda woman

1 Like

Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Powersurge: 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2023
Fineman2:
Story of the day;

This must be a made up story or the BOY is a weak slowpoke.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Umadam: 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2023
From that day u slapped my mother, infact, if u were standing out and u slapped my mother, it will become an abormination for u to enter inside my room forever...
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by teemac01(m): 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2023
In the words of ANDREW TATE "A SIMP".
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Oyerinde16(m): 7:44pm On Apr 25, 2023
QuinModah:
What's your point?

If you didn't get the point, just forget it...

1 Like

Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by SisterAnn(f): 6:35am On Apr 27, 2023
Keji1012:

Coming back where?.. can the do be undo?... Slapping my would have been better than slapping my goddess (my mum)
I understand you perfectly and nobody should blame you.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by SisterAnn(f): 6:40am On Apr 27, 2023
zakkxx:
If you divorce your wife na Hell Fire straight! Only death can separate you with your wife. Why will u tell your wife to adopt a child? Na you go take care of the child? U are suppose to encourage your wife never to give up that a child is from the lord and you love her regardless! I know a renowned pastor, it took him over twenty years to have a child and na Holy Ghost pastor oo. He doesn’t preach useless prosperity message! Na strong born again but God latter answer their prayer after twenty years. Y do u allow your mom and wife to stay together? Separate them, rent a nice apartment for your mother outside. Talk to your wife in a calm way. U and your wife are one! Be wise ooo!
So many things wrong with your post.

Adopting a child is an act of kindness to an unloved child.

Talking to his wife in a calm way... She already went too far and don't deserve any civility.

In all these, you never saw anything wrong with the wife's actions.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2023
Fineman2:
Story of the day;

you are a very weak man and a disgrace to manhood
I feel pity for you
I sure say na ur wife dey play the role of husband responsibility for the house that's why you dey behave like zombie
them slap your mama you no fit take action
I spit on your bald head
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by QuinModah(f): 6:36am On Apr 30, 2023
undecided
Oyerinde16:

If you didn't get the point, just forget it...
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by QuinModah(f): 6:36am On Apr 30, 2023
angry
donnie2016:
if it was your Mom that was slapped you wouldn't be here sounding this liberal and so forgiving.That woman was lucky,she's married to such a weakling

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? / How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? / Looking For My Brothers And Sister In Osun Or Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.