Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? (27530 Views)

Please Married Folks, Help Me Plan A Budget / Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by kelblaze(m): 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2023
First of, I know this story is complete.
I think for a woman to raise her hand to slap an elder who's also her husband's mom, it means she has no regard for her biological mother. And if that's the case her infertility issue cannot be farfetched. She might be suffering what she drew to herself.

Moreso, just like some very sensible persons have said already, it is wrong to keep your mom and wife in the same house especially as there's an issue like this on ground and they aint best fellas.

You don't need to divorce your wife. You just need to be a MAN. You are a father and husband to both your wife and mother. Be a man. Don't pick sides while addressing the issue in front of them.

1 Like

Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Kinehap: 6:52pm On Apr 24, 2023
You know exactly where the shoe is pinching.

My dear as long as your mother has not been Hustler to her from the beginning and she slapped her, she is already expecting you to do your worse.

Listen, you can never have another mother if eventually something happened to her in your life time, but can have as many wife as you want which you will love and they loving you too.

A woman that shows no respect to your mum, then you are a toll in her hands
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Deepthoughts: 6:54pm On Apr 24, 2023
Fineman2:
Story of the day;

Hello Omajuwa. I am an only child who is 42years old. My mother refused to remarry after my father died when I was young. She sacrificed so much for me to be where I am today. I got married about 7years ago. My wife and I have been looking upto God for a child. After pleading with my wife for us to adopt at least a child to no avail, I decided to get my mum who stays with us to help me speak to her woman to woman. But this made them become sworn enemies. My wife since then talks to my mother anyhow and disrespects her every now and then. It has been like that for months.

Few days ago, while returning from work, I heard their loud shouts from outside but I remained outside waiting for the shouts to be over as I didn’t want to be put in the position of choosing a side. But I had to intervene when I heard a loud slap. My wife had slapped my mother. I was enraged but I kept my cool, took my mother from the scene and catered for her. I have since not said a word to my wife.

All I feel when I am at home is sadness and depression. I have no peace in my own home. I have sacrificed a whole lot just to make this marriage work. The woman I married has become someone else. I have defended this same woman from my extended family for years. I have been labeled a ritualist and all sorts of name due to our childlessness but I have never cheated and I have always defended my wife despite knowing that she is the one with fertility issues.

Even though my mother has been trying to put up a strong front since that day, I know that she has been crying herself to sleep. I love my wife so much but I love my mum too. What could my mother have possibly done to warrant her slapping my mother? I think my wife is selfish and is no longer who I married. Why would she rather constantly inflict pain and sadness on her own family? I just want peace of mind and I have made up my mind to divorce my wife. But hope this won’t be a mistake? Is there still a marriage to save here? How do I go about it? What do I do? Please help me.

Your wife is the one with fertility issues which you have endured n still she is so ungrateful to slap your mother! No no no she has to go,I can't stand that,she crossed the red line.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Anonymoususher: 6:55pm On Apr 24, 2023
People asking why is your mother living with you

Be like una dey mad. What if he is the only one the mom has? Make una no dey allow westernization affect una brain.

So long as my mom is not a troublesome fellow, any woman that can't cope with her around is a witch.

If I am the only child and caregiver she has so I shud abandon her to die cos of marriage abi.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by efeski(m): 7:00pm On Apr 24, 2023
Fineman2:
Story of the day;

Hello Omajuwa. I am an only child who is 42years old. My mother refused to remarry after my father died when I was young. She sacrificed so much for me to be where I am today. I got married about 7years ago. My wife and I have been looking upto God for a child. After pleading with my wife for us to adopt at least a child to no avail, I decided to get my mum who stays with us to help me speak to her woman to woman. But this made them become sworn enemies. My wife since then talks to my mother anyhow and disrespects her every now and then. It has been like that for months.

Few days ago, while returning from work, I heard their loud shouts from outside but I remained outside waiting for the shouts to be over as I didn’t want to be put in the position of choosing a side. But I had to intervene when I heard a loud slap. My wife had slapped my mother. I was enraged but I kept my cool, took my mother from the scene and catered for her. I have since not said a word to my wife.

All I feel when I am at home is sadness and depression. I have no peace in my own home. I have sacrificed a whole lot just to make this marriage work. The woman I married has become someone else. I have defended this same woman from my extended family for years. I have been labeled a ritualist and all sorts of name due to our childlessness but I have never cheated and I have always defended my wife despite knowing that she is the one with fertility issues.

Even though my mother has been trying to put up a strong front since that day, I know that she has been crying herself to sleep. I love my wife so much but I love my mum too. What could my mother have possibly done to warrant her slapping my mother? I think my wife is selfish and is no longer who I married. Why would she rather constantly inflict pain and sadness on her own family? I just want peace of mind and I have made up my mind to divorce my wife. But hope this won’t be a mistake? Is there still a marriage to save here? How do I go about it? What do I do? Please help me.

Simply ask her what led to her slapping your mom

Then do what comes next
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:10pm On Apr 24, 2023
QuinModah:
First mistake is putting two women to stay in the same space, you have literally put two burning woods together.

The bible says, for a man shall LEAVE his mother and father (the process of leaving his preparing himself to be a better man all round-financially, emotional and otherwise) and cling onto his wife. In addition, it also says who finds a wife find a good thing and obtain favor from God.

There was a reason your mom refused to remarry.
Your wife is wrong on all grounds to slap your mom irrespective of how angry she was.
Have you asked your mom what happened that day? Also ask your wife what happened that lead her to slap your mom, this should be done in the presence of both party and don't take sides at that point, don't let it escalate to a shouting match (act like a man in there presence), let your presence be felt by both parties in the meeting. After the meeting, thank them and tell them they would here from you soon.
Did you marry your wife legally? or it's a partnership relationship or co-habiting things?
The ball is in your court, act like a man for once. Women love men that take charge!!!

By the way, what's the fertility issue?
In addition, what did you mom tell your wife I decided to get my mum who stays with us to help me speak to her woman to woman. But this made them become sworn enemies. My wife since then talks to my mother anyhow and disrespects her every now and then. It has been like that for months.
The moment the wife slapped his mother, all room for asking what happened went out the window. No matter the aggravation, if you can’t beat your mother, don’t ever touch that of someone else. Even if you can beat ur mother, that is where your liberty ends.

1 Like

Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by greggng: 7:18pm On Apr 24, 2023
Fineman2:
Story of the day;

In my own opinion ...since she is the cause of the childlessness issue, I guess you have done your best...Her slapping your wife is the height of her madness...

Since she is adamant of adopting a child...that means she wants both of you to be childless . Since you are the only son I will advice you divorce her and get yourself a wife that understands your situation . Marrying a new wife will even make you have your own biological kid ...

You are on the right track .
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by OBTOREPA(m): 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2023
QuinModah:
First mistake is putting two women to stay in the same space, you have literally put two burning woods together.

The bible says, for a man shall LEAVE his mother and father (the process of leaving his preparing himself to be a better man all round-financially, emotional and otherwise) and cling onto his wife. In addition, it also says who finds a wife find a good thing and obtain favor from God.

Your wife is wrong on all grounds to slap your mom irrespective of how angry she was.
Have you asked your mom what happened that day? Also ask your wife what happened that lead her to slap your mom, this should be done in the presence of both party and don't take sides at that point, don't let it escalate to a shouting match (act like a man in there presence), let your presence be felt by both parties in the meeting. After the meeting, thank them and tell them they would here from you soon.
Did you marry your wife legally? or it's a partnership relationship or co-habiting things?
The ball is in your court, act like a man for once. Women love men that take charge!!!

In addition, what did you mom tell your wife I decided to get my mum who stays with us to help me speak to her woman to woman. But this made them become sworn enemies. My wife since then talks to my mother anyhow and disrespects her every now and then. It has been like that for months.
That doesn't give her the reason to slap the old woman please.
She has no home training.

1 Like

Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Izi91: 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2023
Ones you get married it's always advisable to stay away from your parents. Two women can't never stayed in the same house without having misunderstanding, it's natural.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by newmoney133: 7:30pm On Apr 24, 2023
She slapped your mum? Can you please tell us what you did to your wife before i start raining insults upon insults on you.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Afolue(m): 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2023
Begin another life ASAP. Your Wife has offended the gods…
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by LtChisom: 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2023
Fineman2:
Story of the day;

Oga!

What is your mother doing in your house?
You alone is to be blamed for these series of problems.
Your wife didn't change, even the docile gaboon viper will strike when you step on its tail.
Your wife is next in command after you in your home, your mother's authority stopped in your father's house.
Your mother overstepped her boundaries.
You should apologise to your wife for exposing her and making her vulnerable,..

In summary, you were delinquent in making the right and necessary decisions.

N/B:
Though your wife should have shown more restrain and civility: you alone pushed her to this and should be blamed.
A real man will find a way to manage the situation not to get to this level.
You failed in your duties: you are a sissy and only loved your wife but was never in love with her.
If you divorce her, lighting will strike you dead.
Just try it.

1 Like

Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by spafu(m): 7:48pm On Apr 24, 2023
suckmedownthere:
Your wife just gave you a reason not to trust her and try someone else, to your mother you are not man enough to scale through this small challenge,if I were you since she slapped my mother I will get another woman pregnant fast....... play smart there are over 100 million women in Nigeria alone..... cool
Good advice.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by rickleye: 7:50pm On Apr 24, 2023
Fineman2:
Story of the day;

She went too far and crossed the line. Even white ladies would not slap their mother -in-law.
If she does not apologies and humble herself, we will separate especially with no kids involved.
Dude what are you waiting for .... for her to slap you also ?
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Ameduedwin: 7:51pm On Apr 24, 2023
If nah me, That your wife go collect too oo, from me personally.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by abbeyd2(m): 8:06pm On Apr 24, 2023
I can see a dummy boy, for how long have you been married with the issue of fertility? Where and where have you visited? With your wife slapping your mom just be ready for your turn. One day she will stab you to death when you are fast asleep and that will be your end. My advice takes your mom out to your house if you don't want her dead. You need to fast your belt very well because you haven't gotten a wife yet.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by olson(m): 8:08pm On Apr 24, 2023
Fineman2:
This is true life story on radio station

I just listened to the program.

I will beat the hell out of such disrespectful wife

3 gbosa for you. Oh!!! bar man give this sonji guy 10 bottles of gulder.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by bewla(m): 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2023
Fineman2:
she went too far
um hun to lo ni

Second class ode
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Bfly: 8:25pm On Apr 24, 2023
Never allow your mum stay in your home with your wife. Una no dey hear. The only thing between them na Jealousy
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by QuinModah(f): 8:48pm On Apr 24, 2023
OBTOREPA:

That doesn't give her the reason to slap the old woman please.
She has no home training.
I didn't side the wife read the post again
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by QuinModah(f): 8:48pm On Apr 24, 2023
kalvoken:

You are not well at all, and no one ever told you. What would my mum tell you, that you will think of slapping her.

God help any man or woman that may push my mom, talk more of a slap (his/her life will never be same again)
Momma boy
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by QuinModah(f): 8:49pm On Apr 24, 2023
Oyerinde16:

Nonsense post... Your mum invested 30yrs on you as a man... Your wife did not invest rather she is reaping someone else investment and stinginly doing everything possible to takeover someone else's 30yrs investment... She is yet to give him an issue, feeding fat on another woman's son... Yet uncut, disrespectful and selfish upto slapping the owner of her 30 years investment, just because the owner of the investment is objecting to things...

Truth be told, you can have 2-3 wife's but can never have 2 mother's...

Most women want a son like Hakimi but never a husband like Hakimi...
What's your point?
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by QuinModah(f): 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2023
Henryfortune:
Shocking how you view this there's really nothing wrong having two women in same House if both are happy with each other but what do we have today .. you hear our girls saying they can't be in same house with there mother-in-law or some even never wish to marry a man who's mother is still alive forgetting they too would one day be a mother in law to someone now imagine if the wife was someone with this kind of mentality
Sadly again in all this case cenerio ...but how would you live with a woman who was bold enough to slap Your mother for what ever reason..will your siblings ever be able to forgive your wife for this shingler act would you mum feeling ever be the same knowing she got whooped by her son's wife ... It's a whole lot of situations and with a a whole lot of rippling effect..

Well for me it's beyound love and I Use to say some times in marriages love isn't ever Enough and at this point this isn't love but foolishness to be asking this kind of question ...take her back to her family let her cool off for some days pacify ur mum beg on ur wife behalf and after send ur mum back to her home after she (ur wife )had left the house also send message let her family too let them know what she did regardless.. taking charge means beein bold enough to look beyound love in marriage else you be a victim make some dicison about if you want such life or live 8n such marriage
Your obviously didn't read my post
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by QuinModah(f): 8:51pm On Apr 24, 2023
dmostcheerful:

This is not it.
He is an only child, assuming his mum is sick can't he bring her so he and the wife can take care of her?
Was he living with the mum?
He just recently brought her.
I know both women shouldn't be together, I am married I wouldn't dream about slapping my mother inlaw, even if she slapped me first, it like saying I beat up my mum cause we are having an argument.
Please let's be woke small small, as much as anything even if she isn't your mother inlaw, as far as she is an elder it's out of place to raise your hands on her.
What do you understand in my post?
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Nonywendy(m): 9:07pm On Apr 24, 2023
QuinModah:

No matter what could have transpired that idiot of a wife have no reason to slap the mother. If she doesn't respect the husband atleast the woman is older than her.
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by compton11(m): 9:10pm On Apr 24, 2023
Nigga divorce that bítch ASAP
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Kasbite: 9:13pm On Apr 24, 2023
#Am fertile, I am no prayer warrior to get married to woman before she getting pregnant, make them no come Dae give us timetable for F##k
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by Galaxydon1(m): 9:14pm On Apr 24, 2023
Fineman2:
Story of the day;

Even though my mother has been trying to put up a strong front since that day, I know that she has been crying herself to sleep. I love my wife so much but I love my mum too. What could my mother have possibly done to warrant her slapping my mother? I think my wife is selfish and is no longer who I married. Why would she rather constantly inflict pain and sadness on her own family? I just want peace of mind and I have made up my mind to divorce my wife. But hope this won’t be a mistake? Is there still a marriage to save here? How do I go about it? What do I do? Please help me. Wasted sperm

Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by LZAA: 9:35pm On Apr 24, 2023
UnusualEmissary:
Am I having eye issues or I actually saw 'she slapped the man's mother' in the post?
Had to read again grin
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by baba4thegehs: 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2023
[quote author=Fineman2 post=122701666]she did that and the weakling is still keeping her[/quote

I don't know who raised these kind men!!!
Effeminate and weak!!!

Chickensss!!!

Your mother for crying out loud!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by vickydevoka(m): 9:49pm On Apr 24, 2023
Fineman2:
Story of the day;

She might kill you. Just quietly leave her by showing her attitude. You don’t tell women things just the way the are, thinking it will go down well
Re: Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? by sulem4u: 9:51pm On Apr 24, 2023
A wife that is bold enough to slap your mum will hurt you at any given opportunity.Whatever action you may decide to take( divorce or pardon) always have plan B because you started your life with a competitor not a partner.thanks!!!

quote author=Fineman2 post=122701038]Story of the day;

[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Son Squanders N2m Raised For Father's Burial, Abandons Corpse In Mortuary / Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? / How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.