Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? (65753 Views)

South African Cities More Beautiful Than Nigerian City / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng / What Major Cities Looks Like At Night From The Cockpit Of A Boeing 777 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by WantsandMore: 11:10am On Apr 24, 2023
This is not fair.
Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by NinjaXmetahuman: 11:11am On Apr 24, 2023
lexy2014:

lets see if you are using your sense. how did Dubai make this hypothetical 5billion naira?

did Dubai always have "5 billion naira" to share for its 2 children?

is it because it has less "children" to cater for that is the reason why it has achieved all it has achieved?

based on your theory of population, is Dubai richer than China?

what is a country's greatest resource?

Again, use your sense. This is not rocket science now?

Some people are more blessed than the other when it comes to natural resources.

Just like dangote is more blessed to have over 10 billion dollars and you don't have up to 1 million naira in your account. Yet both of you are likely to be working the same hours of job.
Fingers are not equal.

Dubai made it from natural resources they have in abundance.. which is oil and it's more blessed in other sectores too.

If Lagos had the type of oil Dubai have and it's keeping it all for himself and instead of entire Nigeria, it will make sense for you to compare them.

As for children, if I have 100k and only have to cater for 2 children, I will still have more money left in my account to do other things than you with the same 100k and have to cater for 20 children..

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by Qasim6(m): 11:11am On Apr 24, 2023
adekolaelect:
Nigeria can achieve these when our time of Independent years reach those countries own. We Nigerians don't believe in process but quickly compare those developed nations' Achievement with ours but not ready to wait and do what it takes to do than condemnation , not appriciating and value their.. Those things were not build in a year ok.

Maybe you should ask yourself if this country seem to be moving in the right direction.
Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by MeineMutter: 11:11am On Apr 24, 2023
It can never happen again. May be in another world sha. Those cities did not start to develop in the last 70 years. They have been on it for more than 100 years.

To build any of those cities, we need to be spending at least 2 trillion dollars every year for 25 years without stealing kobo from it.

If our average cities can be like Cape Town or Graz, or Düsseldorf etc, I will say we really try.

African/black man is not wired to think of developing to such magnitude.

We think of having the most basic things and be able to pepper enemies, have phone, Tokunbo car, plenty women as side chicks and concubines, one ‘pensionable’ job (in the mouth of wherey gbogbo). or business that is bringing some cash (ki asiri saa maa bo), be able to pay your tithe or buy something for your imam or mosque etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by bionixs: 11:12am On Apr 24, 2023
It takes WILL and deleting all corrupt politicians

Our politicians would rather build the cities in other countries

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by lexy2014: 11:13am On Apr 24, 2023
Qc1:

The GDP in 2021 alone is $440.8 B USD. That's just what they declared to the public. We both know better

how does that prove that Diezani stole $90b?
Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by Nchenches: 11:13am On Apr 24, 2023
[richmond500:
grin
With the kind of ethnic and religious division politics we play, nothing will work].

Apt.
But most Nigerians don't tell themselves the truth.

The fierce struggle for apex political leadership of Nigeria by sections of Nigeria whose people despise the most qualified presidential candidates, is mainly for politicians from
those sections to take control of the proceeds from crude oil and gas deposits in Nigeria for sharing among the political elites in those sections.
How can cities like these be built in Nigeria? Not even in the next 10000 years, with the political acrimony in Nigeria, and its resultant centrifugal forces on the country.
Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by NinjaXmetahuman: 11:14am On Apr 24, 2023
lexy2014:

at the end of the 2nd world war, Japan and Germany were the most devastated countries in the world at the time. pls how much oil did they sell to become what they are today?
now you are starting to use your brain.

You should be making comparisons like that. Not Lagos and dubai.

It's not even close. Thats mango and orange comparison.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by lexy2014: 11:14am On Apr 24, 2023
NinjaXmetahuman:

Again, use your sense. This is not rocket science now?

Some people are more blessed than the other when it comes to natural resources.

Just like dangote is more blessed to have over 10 billion dollars and you don't have up to 1 million naira in your account. Yet both of you are likely to be working the same hours of job.
Fingers are not equal.

Dubai made it from natural resources they have in abundance.. which is oil and it's more blessed in other sectores too.

If Lagos had the type of oil Dubai have and it's keeping it all for himself and instead of entire Nigeria, it will make sense for you to compare them.

As for children, if I have 100k and only have to cater for 2 children, I will still have more money left in my account to do other things than you with the same 100k and have to cater for 20 children..

since it isnt rocket science and you are using your sense, i am surprised that you cant answer the simple questions.

1. how did Dubai make this hypothetical 5billion naira?

2. did Dubai always have "5 billion naira" to share for its 2 children?

3. is it because it has less "children" to cater for that is the reason why it has achieved all it has achieved?

4. based on your theory of population, is Dubai richer than China?

6. what is a country's greatest resource?

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by Bede2u(m): 11:15am On Apr 24, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Those cities were built by the Boers not blacks.

Those cities were built over several decades from proceeds of daimond, Gold and platinum found in South Africa.
You need to stick to a narrative.
First you said we don't have the money, when he pointed at South Africa having less gdp than us, you now started talking about the boers. Are boers not South Africans? Are the natural resources you said here more profitable than 60 years of selling oil? Is a country with Nigeria's GDP and population not supposed to have at least one city that looks like one of these?
Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by Qc1(m): 11:15am On Apr 24, 2023
lexy2014:

I can send the fact to your WhatsApp if you want.( But i don't think it's safe to expose your direct number here).
Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by Qc1(m): 11:15am On Apr 24, 2023
COMPAQ:

Haba calm down. How did you calculate Dieazani stolen wealth at $90bln. That makes no sense cos that's the entire budget of FG for like 10 years

Can someone please help me on how to load a picture from your phone to this thread. Nairaland is now allowing me to load in my jpeg format.
Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by lexy2014: 11:16am On Apr 24, 2023
NinjaXmetahuman:
now you are starting to use your brain.

You should be making comparisons like that. Not Lagos and dubai.

It's not even close. Thats mango and orange comparison.

but you are using your brain and you still couldn't answer the simple question.

at the end of the 2nd world war, Japan and Germany were the most devastated countries in the world at the time. pls how much oil did they sell to become what they are today?
Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by playerinc(m): 11:16am On Apr 24, 2023
Iamgrey5:

Those cities were built over several decades from proceeds of daimond, Gold and platinum found in South Africa.

So all the beautiful cities in the world were built from proceeds of South African diamond, Gold and Platinum!!!!

Na Wa!!
Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by chloedogie(m): 11:16am On Apr 24, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Cities like this were not built in a day

This takes decades of careful planning and investment.

Also tell those kids that over 90% of those buildings were built by private owners not government. They that are complaining, what have they achieved with their lives that is contributing to the public? Easy to lazily just keep blaming government for everything whole most of them are lazy as anything. Out government no dey try we know but what have they all been doing as well?
Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by lexy2014: 11:17am On Apr 24, 2023
Qc1:

I can send the fact to your WhatsApp if you want.( But i don't think it's safe to expose your direct number here).

since you have the info on whatsapp, why cant you use it to answer the question?

Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 24, 2023
Reflect7:
EKO ATLANTIC IS ON THE WAY TO BECOMING LIKE THAT.

Lol With Open drainages filled with Stinky Sewage Waste, Nylons, Cans/All sort of Stinky Stuffs and Agberoos/Urcheens😂

In the next 100Years. No where In Nigeria will ever be be like the Cities the OP posted.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by MeineMutter: 11:17am On Apr 24, 2023
Fineman2:
yes I know, but Singapore did it

Singapore is a city-country. All it’s landmass is not more than the whole of Lagos and half of Ogun States, combined.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by MeineMutter: 11:18am On Apr 24, 2023
Fineman2:

Singapore is a city-country. All its landmass is not more than the whole of Lagos and half of Ogun States, combined.
Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 24, 2023
onumadu:

People like you should never control the narratives, else Nigeria will never develop in a million years.

When did Malaysia gain independence?
I'll tell you for free: 31 August 1957
This is just three (3) years before Nigeria got independence!

Now, can you compare Nigeria with Malaysia in terms of development?

Nigeria is at least 100 years (as things stand today) behind Malaysia, and if your preferred candidate Tinubu (remember you called him a "builder of people" ) takes over, Nigeria will recede to about 130 years behind Malaysia.

This is why being unsentimental is synonymous with lacking of conscience.
No person with conscience would wish Tinubu on Nigeria at this stage of her development.
Please, compare our population to that of Malaysia, also our annual budget.
Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by musicwriter(m): 11:19am On Apr 24, 2023
Fineman2:

Fineman2:
hmm, but south Africa has such cities, is south Africa richer than Nigeria?

It's a very interesting observation you've made talking Singapore and South Africa but if only you actually understand the reason for the correlation. Another two countries in that category are Hong Kong and Taiwan.

In brief.........

The same mind that conceived the idea and built those tall buildings in the USA, Canada, Australia is same mind that conceived the idea of the tall buildings in South Africa and Singapore.

That's why.

It took me 20 years to discover the answer. And if you're really interested and you need in depth details, read the link on my signature. Read the PDF version only.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by sniperr007(m): 11:19am On Apr 24, 2023
It will cost us religion bigotry and tribalism
Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by Alpharey: 11:19am On Apr 24, 2023
Hear me again, all these skyscrapers are in their individual pockets while we hailed them as gods, thinking that you are doing me. If I complain, they will say that we don't have respect for our elders. Na the country we found ourselves in. We are forced to think like others. All those dollars in their bullion vans, in their agbada, in their foreign bank accounts. All those money they used to buy the votes at the primaries. You are free to call me whatever you like as I know whatever happens in Nigeria is yoked with ethnicism and tribalism. We must not tell the truth, so far my tribesman wins it, and so on.. continue living in your huts oh NIGERIANS until you are ready to take back your country as Peter Obi preached.
Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by KanuSE: 11:20am On Apr 24, 2023
adekolaelect:
Nigeria can achieve these when our time of Independent years reach those countries own. We Nigerians don't believe in process but quickly compare those developed nations' Achievement with ours but not ready to wait and do what it takes to do than condemnation , not appriciating and value their.. Those things were not build in a year ok.

Dubai is a case study, try and read about the time frame it took them to achieve their level of development. Also, examine the manner in which they accomplished this feat - that's a people with purpose.

Read up please.
Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by Qc1(m): 11:21am On Apr 24, 2023
lexy2014:

Google it.
Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by Fryx: 11:23am On Apr 24, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

We always thînk our próbIèm are d Ieadèrs, our major problem are d kind of cîtîzèns we have, leaders never fall from d bIue sky, have u tried fîghtîng for d rights and entitlements of d common man before genuinely before?
They will be d first to tûrñ against u.

Been there.

Swore to be selfish afterwards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by Alpharey: 11:23am On Apr 24, 2023
Iamgrey5:

So the money found in crude oil over the years, what were they used for..
Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by NinjaXmetahuman: 11:23am On Apr 24, 2023
lexy2014:

you are shutting your sense again.. I'm not disputing that Nigeria is a failed country, I'm telling you it makes no sense to compare Lagos and dubai.

Comparing Nigeria and Germany is an entirely new argument which is not my concern cos Nigeria is a failed country as it is. And the failure has started since 1914 that the word Nigeria came into existence.

Im only here to show you to use your sense and compare things that makes sense.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by lexy2014: 11:23am On Apr 24, 2023
Qc1:

Google it.

since you have googled it, then answering the question should be very easy for you.

Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by lexy2014: 11:23am On Apr 24, 2023
NinjaXmetahuman:
you are shutting your sense again.. I'm not disputing that Nigeria is a failed country, I'm telling you it makes no sense to compare Lagos and dubai.

Comparing Nigeria and Germany is an entirely new argument which is not my concern cos Nigeria is a failed country as it is. And the failure has started since 1914 that the word Nigeria came into existence.

Im only here to show you to use your sense and compare things that makes sense.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by NinjaXmetahuman: 11:24am On Apr 24, 2023
lexy2014:

since it isnt rocket science and you are using your sense, i am surprised that you cant answer the simple questions.

1. how did Dubai make this hypothetical 5billion naira?

2. did Dubai always have "5 billion naira" to share for its 2 children?

3. is it because it has less "children" to cater for that is the reason why it has achieved all it has achieved?

4. based on your theory of population, is Dubai richer than China?

6. what is a country's greatest resource?
are you blind or can't read?

I said Dubai made the 5 billion from oil(natural resources).
Oil That Lagos doesn't have anything close to.

I don't have time for stupidity o. Are you ready to read or not?

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost Nigeria To Build Cities Like These? by lexy2014: 11:25am On Apr 24, 2023
Reflect7:
EKO ATLANTIC IS ON THE WAY TO BECOMING LIKE THAT.

since how many years, it is still on its way. everlasting journey

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea / Kazakhstan Air Astana's Aircraft That Is Painted To Look Like A Snow Leopard / Little Girl Found Lost And Drifting At Sea By A Cruise Boat (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.