Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted (790 Views)

Nigeria Would β€˜ve Been Begging S’east With Presidency In2023 If – Kanu's Brother / Why I Support Tinuhu To Be President Of Nigeria / Nigeria: A Country Where Illiterates Are Ruling The Literates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by Chimok: 5:32pm On Apr 24, 2023
When one checks the demography of the literate/income level of those that voted in the presidential election even amidst gross manipulations one finds out Tinubu supporters were mostly people without any form of formal certificate or decent living condition. From the voting statistics especially in the northwest, northeast and southwest those that voted for him came from slums, poor neighbourhoods. remote villages etc.
I think its time Nigeria look into the credibility of the voters if we need to ever get anything right in this ciuntry

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by Mynd44: 5:37pm On Apr 24, 2023
People without western education are also humans and Nigerians and it is their right to vote. The subtle suggestion to infringe on this right is wrong, immoral and inhumane

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by MXrep: 5:43pm On Apr 24, 2023
Mynd44:
People without western education are also humans and Nigerians and it is their right to vote. The subtle suggestion to infringe on this right is wrong, immoral and inhumane
USA has electoral college. Our democracy is modelled after USA.

4 Likes

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by Mynd44: 5:46pm On Apr 24, 2023
MXrep:

USA has electoral college. Our democracy is modelled after USA.
And? Does the electoral college bar those without formal education from voting?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by Gajagojo: 5:49pm On Apr 24, 2023
Mynd44:

Yes what he is saying is only those who went to college can vote in the US
In Germany it is electoral polytechnic
Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by BentizilL: 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2023
Jagaban should return our stolen mandate cheesy😭

1 Like

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by MrBiGGEST(m): 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2023
Lol undecided

1 Like

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by helinues: 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2023
Buckets or storage tanks?

11 Likes

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:10pm On Apr 24, 2023
Chimok:
When one checks the demography of the literate/income level of those that voted in the presidential election even amidst gross manipulations one finds out Tinubu supporters were mostly people without any form of formal certificate or decent living condition. From the voting statistics especially in the northwest, northeast and southwest those that voted for him came from slums, poor neighbourhoods. remote villages etc.
I think its time Nigeria look into the credibility of the voters if we need to ever get anything right in this ciuntry

Pride kills are you in anyways better than the people you called illiterate, what happened to human/civic right.what's population of the literacy voter that voted for obi .what's your own level of literacy, contributions to your immediate environment .just imaging if this guy happened to have little power Masses would suffers because they wouldn't amount to anything in his eyes.I hope your brain tells you that the so called illiterate are all over the country included your village, 8 years is still far o.

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by mymadam(m): 6:17pm On Apr 24, 2023
Mynd44:
shocked Thank you buddy. There's nothing left for me to add. God bless you πŸ™πŸ½

5 Likes

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by MXrep: 6:20pm On Apr 24, 2023
Mynd44:

You can win majority vote and still lose election based on decision of the electoral college. Eg Hillary Clinton

1 Like

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by Tingotoe: 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2023
To be an obidient zombie is truly a curse

7 Likes

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by Parachoko: 6:36pm On Apr 24, 2023
Base on what Tinubu did in Lagos and what Obi did in Anambra State, obi would have gotten no votes if not for people who voted for him base on ethnic and religious bias

7 Likes

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by seunmsg(m): 6:40pm On Apr 24, 2023
Gajagojo:

I think we need electoral college of education 🀣🀣🀣

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by yarimo(m): 7:18pm On Apr 24, 2023
Chimok:
All the people that votes for obi are like him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by tsdarkside(m): 7:57pm On Apr 24, 2023
Mynd44:

you only need voters card....thats enough literacy....
Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2023
Chimok:
its obvious u re part of the stark illiterates i'm referring to considering this ur grammatical murder of the English langusge

You can point out the grammatical errors,since I busted your bubble you result to insult

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by seanfer(m): 8:46pm On Apr 24, 2023
Gajagojo:

Please stop showcasing your ignorance to world

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by RenaissanceGuy: 8:52pm On Apr 24, 2023
Yes, only graduates should vote. In developed countries, only masters degree holders are allowed to vote and they must be older than 60 years and have white hair and have at least $1m in the bank. Goan verify.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by Houseontherock1: 8:59pm On Apr 24, 2023
He would have gotten enough to make him the president...so many doctors, lecturers, civil servants and students voted for him! The literate population is also a population of human beings and not zombies who will see things the same way
Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 24, 2023
Houseontherock1:
He would have gotten enough to make him the president...so many doctors, lecturers, civil servants and students voted for him! The literate population is also a population of human beings and not zombies who will see things the same way

Doctors, lecturers, civil servants and students ALL from Yoruba land.. I've never seen a real life, ordinary Benue person, or Kaduna person, or Rivers person, or Taraba person that has anything good to say about this gargoyle called Tinubu.

@OP, your point is the simple reason why the useless BAT couldn't get a mere 25 percent in Abuja where the bulk of the population are literate and enlightened.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by bhella10: 9:20pm On Apr 24, 2023
Hedonini:

Doctors, lecturers, civil servants and students ALL from Yoruba land.. I've never seen a real life, ordinary Benue person, or Kaduna person, or Rivers person, or Taraba person that has anything good to say about this gargoyle called Tinubu.

@OP, your point is the simple reason why the useless BAT couldn't get a mere 25 percent in Abuja where the bulk of the population are literate and enlightened.
Your tears my cheers! grin

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by Houseontherock1: 9:27pm On Apr 24, 2023
Hedonini:

My post was in response to your exaggerated use of "a single vote". You hate him, but several others love him across boards; irrespective of their level of education. Even if only literate Yorubas voted for him in a situation where only the literates hold the aces, will you still say he got 'no single vote' because no single Igbo voted for him? Let's be logical and not play too much with words here! One man's meat will always be another man's poison undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by zachanalysis: 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2023
MXrep:

You can win majority vote and still lose election based on decision of the electoral college. Eg Hillary Clinton
Sorry, but it seems you are getting it all wrong. The fact that the popular votes does not translate to electoral college decision is purely demographic as against political reason. To make it clearer, each state in America presents 2 senators each to represent their interest at the senate. The number of members of the house of representative that each state elects on the other hand is determined by the population size of each of the states. Thus, states with smaller population would produce lesser amount of representives than the ones with larger population. States like California and Ohio, given their population sizes would produce more representives than smaller states like say-Montana. In total the US congress is made up 538 members, that is both the members of senate and. the members of house of representives. So, after the general election, the parties that won the popular votes in each of the states, enjoys the privilege of providing members of the electoral college (its representives in congress) to elect the next president. Bottom line is that if say the Democratic party won 20 out of the 50 states and such victory included California, Ohio, New York and other highly populated states while the Republican party manages to win 30 lower population states, because, the Republicans won more states, even though the total vote count might the less than what the Democrats have, they might determine the next president Because more states won means more Republicans electoral college members to vote. More often than not they vote for their own party person. That is why popular vote may not count.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by omohayek: 9:45pm On Apr 24, 2023
Houseontherock1:

My post was in response to your exaggerated use of "a single vote". You hate him, but several others love him across boards; irrespective of their level of education. Even if only literate Yorubas voted for him in a situation where only the literates hold the aces, will you still say he got 'no single vote' because no single Igbo voted for him? Let's be logical and not play too much with words here! One man's meat will always be another man's poison undecided
Yes, that's exactly what he and his fellow Obidients would say. That's why they believe they "won" the election but had their "mandate" somehow "stolen" from them, even though Obi failed to win more than 1 state in the SW and didn't get a single state in the NW or NE. In their minds, the only votes that should matter are those of their "kinsmen", who alone deserve to determine who rules a country they've spent most of the last 8 years claiming to want to break away from.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by omohayek: 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2023
zachanalysis:
Sorry, but it seems you are getting it all wrong. The fact that the popular votes does not translate to electoral college decision is purely demographic as against political reason. To make it clearer, each state in America presents 2 senators each to represent their interest at the senate. The number of members of the house of representative that each state elects on the other hand is determined by the population size of each of the states. Thus, states with smaller population would produce lesser amount of representives than the ones with larger population. States like California and Ohio, given their population sizes would produce more representives than smaller states like say-Montana. In total the US congress is made up 538 members, that is both the members of senate and. the members of house of representives. So, after the general election, the parties that won the popular votes in each of the states, enjoys the privilege of providing members of the electoral college (its representives in congress) to elect the next president. Bottom line is that if say the Democratic party won 20 out of the 50 states and such victory included California, Ohio, New York and other highly populated states while the Republican party manages to win 30 lower population states, because, the Republicans won more states, even though the total vote count might the less than what the Democrats have, they might determine the next president Because more states won means more Republicans electoral college members to vote. More often than not they vote for their own party person. That is why popular vote may not count.
All this will fly over the head of the ignorant tribalistic troll you're trying to educate (hence the unbelievably dumb attempt to argue that the electoral college has anything to do with educational restrictions on voting rights).

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by wwwkaycom(m): 9:53pm On Apr 24, 2023
Gajagojo:

Omokomo
Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by Bashet: 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2023
Who were the illiterates and literates? You mean those useless attention seeker on social media spewing bullshit for attention seeking are the literates? false propagandist aren't different from murderers.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by Raskimonojendor: 10:00pm On Apr 24, 2023
Could woulda shoulda.

Even if that was true, that's the beauty of democracy.

Ps: If uneducated people were not allowed to vote in the US, the Republican would barely win any seats.
Re: I Dont Thnk Tinuhu Would Ve Gotten A Single Vote If Only Literates Voted by Hoelujohn: 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2023
Mynd44:

A single vote in southwest should be multiplied by 1, South east 0.9, south south o.8, north central 0.6, North west 0.5 and North east 0.3 so that backward thinking region won't determine the election winners just as we have key states in USA,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi To Challenge Election Results In 18 States / Petrol Subsidy Removal In Nigeria Triggers Price Surge In West Africa Countries / Tinubu's Own Witness Indicts Him On Drug Related Links

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.