Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,546 members, 7,837,092 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. (5420 Views)

Economic Hardship: Pray For Tinubu, It’s Not Easy – Wike Begs Nigerians / US Citizens Buy Fuel In Plastic Bags, Kegs As Fuel Scarcity Hits Some US States / Elections: Corpers, INEC Ad-hoc Staff Fight For Mats To Sleep On (video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by Pinkybae: 2:18am On Apr 25, 2023
maxtop:
OP, CAN YOU TELL ME HOW MANY COUNTRIES YOU HAVE BEEN TO ? NIGERIA IS NOT WORTH DYING FOR. IF YOU HAVE AN APPORTUNITY, PLEASE JAPAAAAAAAA !!!

But citizens died for the country you want to japa.
Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by Pinkybae: 2:23am On Apr 25, 2023
Himtulie247:
You know nothing about the so call USA aka The American Dream .........
Even Canada has the same homeless problem and majority of the homeless are Canadians same thing with the US .

So abeg go sidown for one corner at Ajegunle tongue

Exactly, immigrants are resilient. They came to North America well prepared. They don't expect anything from the government being immigrants. Besides, they honor their respect and dignity. If they don't go homeless the of length of years it takes to get residency papers. Why would they afterwards except addiction is a factor?
Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by Christian36: 4:37am On Apr 25, 2023
There is no place on this earth that it is easy as some people may see it. Once you are not from a wealthy family, you will have to struggle to make a living and if God blesses you more, you see yourself among the wealthy people class. The only difference between Nigeria and the developed countries is the structure of their systems most especially when it comes to the worth of their currency, imagine working for a month and getting something like $1500 even after removing your taxes, you are still better than someone doing thesame job in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:19am On Apr 25, 2023
Pinkybae:

Believe me most homeless people are US citizens. Their problems starts with drug addiction that erodes their finances to the point they can no longer pay their bills.

Some are returning military veterans with all sorts mental illnesses that the US abandoned.

Some are yet EX- Con who were released from prisons but can't get a job cause of their criminal history.

You're talking to New York licensed rehabilitation therapist.

You just mentioned people with peculiar problems, so it's not a case of USA not working but some can't get jobs or earn money for personal issues ? Sounds fairer than Nigeria where all your hard work will not guarantee a good standard of living.
People in Nigerian IDP camps are less comfy than this. Yet army will come there and kill them

1 Like

Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by Arda1000(m): 6:20am On Apr 25, 2023
What fight are u talking about?
How was the last election,omo Nigeria is hopeless
Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by lereinter(m): 9:29am On Apr 25, 2023
Nonsense post
Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by lereinter(m): 9:31am On Apr 25, 2023
Pinkybae:

Believe me most homeless people are US citizens. Their problems starts with drug addiction that erodes their finances to the point they can no longer pay their bills.

Some are returning military veterans with all sorts mental illnesses that the US abandoned.

Some are yet EX- Con who were released from prisons but can't get a job cause of their criminal history.

Then your post is useless

Why don't you come and do your rehabilitation therapy job in nigeria

Idiot
Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by Pinkybae: 9:57am On Apr 25, 2023
TNORWAY:
you are just a bloddy fool.......japaing is enslaving oneself but you claimed you have a new york degree.

Are you not maad like this??

Why did you japa to become a therapist??

If you no reply me you be bastardd of a wasted cum.

Well, compare yourself to me to your own peril. I have been in united states before you were born. If you were born after 1993 I have been here before you made it out to the world.

Then and now are different times.

Residency papers are extremely hard to get now. Cost of living and unemployment is extremely high. Even citizens and residents are doing menial jobs they wouldn't ordinarily accept in good times. And supply side of employment is narrowing the options of undocumented immigrants.

But keep comparing yourself to me.

I can never understand why some of you think you can come to America or anywhere in the West and equate yourself with those who has been here for over 10 years.

This place is not Nigeria. There's no cutting corners. You've to pay your dues and earn anything you own. You must go through that process of fire before you get established.

There's no free lunch in America.
Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by tsdarkside(m): 10:04am On Apr 25, 2023
dazzlingd:
Not everybody living in US is a US citizen, they could be illegal immigrants.
Secondly, some of the citizens are extremely lazy and junkies, they only collect unemployment stipends and do nothing

keep on deceivin yourself and land in the situation....
it can happen to anybody....even people that have jobs are still homeless....

1 Like

Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by Pinkybae: 10:06am On Apr 25, 2023
lereinter:

Then your post is useless

Why don't you come and do your rehabilitation therapy job in nigeria

Idiot

Something is wrong with you.
You need psychological help.
And i regret i am not available to render that service. And the very reason I am planning to moving back home to help folks like you.
And most of my service will be totally free for people like you, who desperately need help and cannot afford my fees.
Please get anger management Asap.

Abeg, take your frustration to APC government.
Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by tsdarkside(m): 10:08am On Apr 25, 2023
Pinkybae:

Something is wrong with you.
You need psychological help.
And i regret i am not available to render that service. And the very reason I am planning to moving back home to help folks like you.
And most of my service will be totally free for people like you, who desperately need help and cannot afford my fees.
Please get anger management Asap.

Abeg, take your frustration to APC government.

who is beggin you to come back....??
Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by Pinkybae: 10:18am On Apr 25, 2023
InyinyaAgbaOku:

You just mentioned people with peculiar problems, so it's not a case of USA not working but some can't get jobs or earn money for personal issues ? Sounds fairer than Nigeria where all your hard work will not guarantee a good standard of living.
People in Nigerian IDP camps are less comfy than this. Yet army will come there and kill them

You people tend to see everything dark and bleak about Nigeria. While in fact, the nation is tax haven, literally no bills.

You're working to pay taxes and bills in the west at the end, you're left with nothing for your basic needs. Why on earth do you think people do multiple jobs here?

You're basically working for the system. It's worse for small business owners that get taxed heavily.

Report less amount you made from your business and see yourself in prison for tax evasion.

Nigeria comes with abundant freedom you guys don't appreciate.

1 Like

Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by Broveens42(m): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2023
Pinkybae:
This is to encourage us to continue fighting for our beautiful country. It's not easy for citizens everywhere in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rBqjxV5Eds

Personal video taken in New Jersey transit center in Trenton, the capital city of New Jersey.

Please share to encourage our nation builders and freedom fighters in our country.

Nigeria needs all of us to save it.

For a conglomeration of indigenous nations with dangerous diversity?
There's nothing to fight for
Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by Broveens42(m): 10:24am On Apr 25, 2023
The ever mocked Simon ekpa could be up to something ooh!

Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by Pinkybae: 10:24am On Apr 25, 2023
Christian36:
There is no place on this earth that it is easy as some people may see it. Once you are not from a wealthy family, you will have to struggle to make a living and if God blesses you more, you see yourself among the wealthy people class. The only difference between Nigeria and the developed countries is the structure of their systems most especially when it comes to the worth of their currency, imagine working for a month and getting something like $1500 even after removing your taxes, you are still better than someone doing thesame job in Nigeria.

I suggest you do a lot of research.
Stop calculating the monetary values in terms of naira / dollar exchange rate.

You do not spend in naira, you spend in dollars.

The $1500 you mentioned won't pay monthly rent for one bedroom apartment in New York area.

We pay monthly rent unlike home you pay annually.

1 Like

Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by jieta: 10:48am On Apr 25, 2023
Pinkybae:

It's like your skin is thicker if not look for helmet and bullet proof because there will soon come for you.

1 Like

Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 11:23am On Apr 25, 2023
Pinkybae:
This is to encourage us to continue fighting for our beautiful country. It's not easy for citizens everywhere in the world.

Personal video taken in New Jersey transit center in Trenton, the capital city of New Jersey.

Please share to encourage our nation builders and freedom fighters in our country.

In Euro UK and America I sleep at the train station at the airport it is not I do not have money but most of the Times it midnight train you travel or Transit. UK I have slept at a lot of train station and Heathrow Airport and Gatwick because at 9 there is no vehicle which is moving around or transport to get to the place so when you are right you have to wait there until the morning. Does people do not look like homeless look at their dressing. Even in Nigeria it is the same thing I sleep at from transport companies because at night there is no transport which is moving

All of this Nigerian illiterate we criticize another country but never come home. This is the height of illiteracy
Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by Pinkybae: 4:00pm On Apr 25, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

In Euro UK and America I sleep at the train station at the airport it is not I do not have money but most of the Times it midnight train you travel or Transit. UK I have slept at a lot of train station and Heathrow Airport and Gatwick because at 9 there is no vehicle which is moving around or transport to get to the place so when you are right you have to wait there until the morning. Does people do not look like homeless look at their dressing. Even in Nigeria it is the same thing I sleep at from transport companies because at night there is no transport which is moving

All of this Nigerian illiterate we criticize another country but never come home. This is the height of illiteracy

Nice gaslighting.
Sorry, homeless Americans aren't going naked, if that's your marker for homelessness in Europe.
What a bizarre comment πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by Simeonjoe1: 4:04pm On Apr 25, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Only a revolution can rescue Nigeria. Expecting less is naive. Ghana, France, China to mention a few, were countries that were rescued by revolution.

English speaking cannot save Nigeria at this point.

Ghana rescued? Omo is this a joke
Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by richard69(m): 7:31pm On Apr 25, 2023
Pinkybae:

sister you come back home pls
Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
Pinkybae:

You people tend to see everything dark and bleak about Nigeria. While in fact, the nation is tax haven, literally no bills.

You're working to pay taxes and bills in the west at the end, you're left with nothing for your basic needs. Why on earth do you think people do multiple jobs here?

You're basically working for the system. It's worse for small business owners that get taxed heavily.

Report less amount you made from your business and see yourself in prison for tax evasion.

Nigeria comes with abundant freedom you guys don't appreciate.

And why are those people you tag suffering not coming in droves to Nigeria?

See how you cherrypicked the menial jobs to drive your point with . Only menial job workers who have black tax to pay to sustain their relatives in third world countries do that 3 job stuff.
Their doctors, nurses, lawyers , plumbers , etc don't.
Job type for job type, unemployed for unemployed, the quality of life is better in the USA than here. Your issue is that you are comparing the lifestyle of a cleaner there to a bank manager in Nigeria, though the former enjoys a better security and is exposed to social amenities and social benefits.
Compare cleaner for cleaner for the two countries and see how far .

At least they are even seeing 3 jobs to do per person , to get even one job in Nigeria no be yawa?
Please, quit this disgraceful comparison.

The only indices you should use to float in the favour of Nigeria are

Food varieties , not ever affordability o (cos food is the most expensive commodity in naija).
Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by Pinkybae: 3:53am On Apr 26, 2023
jieta:
It's like your skin is thicker if not look for helmet and bullet proof because there will soon come for you.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜›
Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by Pinkybae: 3:56am On Apr 26, 2023
richard69:
sister you come back home pls

I sure will.
It's on the works.
No place like home.
Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by Pinkybae: 4:10am On Apr 26, 2023
InyinyaAgbaOku:

And why are those people you tag suffering not coming in droves to Nigeria?

See how you cherrypicked the menial jobs to drive your point with . Only menial job workers who have black tax to pay to sustain their relatives in third world countries do that 3 job stuff.
Their doctors, nurses, lawyers , plumbers , etc don't.
Job type for job type, unemployed for unemployed, the quality of life is better in the USA than here. Your issue is that you are comparing the lifestyle of a cleaner there to a bank manager in Nigeria, though the former enjoys a better security and is exposed to social amenities and social benefits.
Compare cleaner for cleaner for the two countries and see how far .

At least they are even seeing 3 jobs to do per person , to get even one job in Nigeria no be yawa?
Please, quit this disgraceful comparison.

The only indices you should use to float in the favour of Nigeria are

Food varieties , not ever affordability o (cos food is the most expensive commodity in naija).

Americans believe in their country-
Despite joblessness and homelessness altogether hopelessness, they remain patriotic to their nation. Something that you need to learn seriously from them.

Americans who move to foreign countries do so for adventure and passion. They didn't run away out of resentment for their country. At least, they stayed back to build their nation understanding it's their civil responsibility to their nation.

Even other African countries in worst situation than Nigeria still love and respect their nations.

The unpatriotism

Edit: I came to United States in 1993. Nigeria was great . I wasn't running away for anything. I am certainly running back next year to contribute to my nation in my capacity.

Finally,

Sorry, you've to do those three jobs before you qualify to practice those professions in America.

Even if you're graduates of those discipline from Nigeria, you won't practice with your Nigerian degree. You've to upgrade your degree to American standard and afterwards study for your licensing exams.

You can't practice with licensure.

Above all you can't go back to school without residency green card because you can't afford tuition without student loan. And you can't get student loan without green card.

Many of you have no idea how anything works here. And above all, you'll will need to start resetting your perception, morals and values for instantaneous gratification of things without process of earning them. You pull that stunt here you'll end up in prison. There's no cutting corners and there's no help from anyone.

To think, you'd come off from Nigeria jump into the hospital to start practicing as a doctor and quickly scooping dollars is a delusional fantasy.

You've to invest time, hard work, money education years before you get to that point. Until then, you need multiple jobs to support yourself.

It's hard to get work visa in the US Now. You might want to consider Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Even at that you'll need recalibrate your life ( starting all over)
Re: These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:04am On Apr 26, 2023
Pinkybae:

Americans believe in their country-
Despite joblessness and homelessness altogether hopelessness, they remain patriotic to their nation. Something that you need to learn seriously from them.

Americans who move to foreign countries do so for adventure and passion. They didn't run away out of resentment for their country. At least, they stayed back to build their nation understanding it's their civil responsibility to their nation.

Even other African countries in worst situation than Nigeria still love and respect their nations.

The unpatriotism

Edit: I came to United States in 1993. Nigeria was great . I wasn't running away for anything. I am certainly running back next year to contribute to my nation in my capacity.

Finally,

Sorry, you've to do those three jobs before you qualify to practice those professions in America.

Even if you're graduates of those discipline from Nigeria, you won't practice with your Nigerian degree. You've to upgrade your degree to American standard and afterwards study for your licensing exams.

You can't practice with licensure.

Above all you can't go back to school without residency green card because you can't afford tuition without student loan. And you can't get student loan without green card.

Many of you have no idea how anything works here. And above all, you'll will need to start resetting your perception, morals and values for instantaneous gratification of things without process of earning them. You pull that stunt here you'll end up in prison. There's no cutting corners and there's no help from anyone.

To think, you'd come off from Nigeria jump into the hospital to start practicing as a doctor and quickly scooping dollars is a delusional fantasy.

You've to invest time, hard work, money education years before you get to that point. Until then, you need multiple jobs to support yourself.

It's hard to get work visa in the US Now. You might want to consider Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Even at that you'll need recalibrate your life ( starting all over)

It takes a lot to be jobless in this America, stop talking rubbish.
Hopelessness where?

Oga, no dey cap nonsense, you aren't talking to a local champion.

If bank managers resign and pick up care work in the UK for eg, it shows people aren't moving just for the money.

Americans and western Europeans have every reason to be patriotic . Same can't be said of Nigerians where the leaders aren't even patriotic - the politicians seek healthcare elsewhere, educate their kids elsewhere , and all that all because they don't even believe in the country they govern. They also use foreign goods and deprive their citizens of the right to choose their leaders.
Came that be said of Denmark for eg?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Reno Abandons Tinubu, Washes Him Badly In New Tweets / BREAKING!!! Nigerian Soldiers Strip Biafra Women Naked At Conference Pics / Thanks To Yorubas And The South South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.