Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,756 members, 7,813,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) (30307 Views)

Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife / Ooni Ogunwusi Renames IPOB In Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Gajagojo: 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2023
Creamypie:
That first and second pic girls kneeling, can I have their cell number? Just asking for a friend
Traditionally in Africa
Young children sit to eat from the same bowl.
People do not take meat anyhow.
Without being told everyone knows whether or not he is entitled to meat and which one is his own

Don't be unruly

2 Likes

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Damian911: 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2023
What if he doesn't make it to Yankee land? undecidedquote author=Blake755 post=122777247]Omo I wish my grandpa no miss the boat sef 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️ the for born me for Yankee [/quote]

1 Like

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Igbojew: 5:17pm On Apr 27, 2023
Great Igbos leads while our scratch face people from South West follow.They are now following the footsteps of Igbos that are re-connecting with their lost people all over the World................I am that Igbo Jew the table shaker
Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by tiger28: 5:35pm On Apr 27, 2023
fasmukol:
grin
And some people are begging Isreal to come and take their DNA samples.
Truly, this life no balance at all.

This comment is .......

SUICIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by otipoju(m): 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2023
shegzhkn:

Lol, otipor, otipor.
Caucasian nko, are they taking you serious??

They were the easiest for me back then. But I'm not on the market now and more important things like fatherhood has taken over
Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 27, 2023
Americans getting scamed by a fake prince from Nigeria, dressed in a way which he wants you to think is his traditional way, whereas he is only copying other people and artefacts.
Original Oni of Ife below.

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 27, 2023
Someone tell me where the "crown" and beeds come from.
Show me the ressemblance between how the original Oni is dressed with the dress code of this current copycat. The beeds are Benin beeds, from Benin culture, they have nothing to do with Ife.
The dress is from the Ashanti, the "crown" is from a statue discovered in Ife. Nothing original, and the original "palace" itself was originally not better than a small and dirty shrine.

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by shegzhkn: 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2023
otipoju:

They were the easiest for me back then. But I'm not on the market now and more important things like fatherhood has taken over
You must be guy of extreme value then, married to one too I guess??
Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by emmaodet: 6:57pm On Apr 27, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
i will get it myself thank you grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by emmaodet: 6:59pm On Apr 27, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Taah!
Tell am say the brakes, the steering wheel, the seat belts, the airbags still dey okay. E fit still manage am. Na London used!
🤣

grin grin grin
Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by emmaodet: 7:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
Blake755:
Omo I wish my grandpa no miss the boat sef 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️ the for born me for Yankee

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Chaii
Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by emmaodet: 7:06pm On Apr 27, 2023
Krublog:
See how disinterested Ooni is with the guy and the mommas and how he seem eager to explain the concept of Omoluabism to that sweet 16? grin grin grin

On a more serious note, born Africans with roots and heritage don't know what they are.

If not for bad leadership across BLACK Africa, all these African Europeans/Americans for dey troop home on a daily.

Africans heal your land.

Bro, there is nothing as painful in this life as not knowing your root.
I once worked with a Honduran who was sad trying to trace his origin to Nigeria.
He asked me how he can go about it but don't know too.
That man won't mind spending thousands of dollars just to know his origin.
Even the present humans have spent tons and tons of money carrying out research on our origin but some of us have to accept the bible version for sanity sake

1 Like

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Krublog(m): 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2023
emmaodet:

Bro, there is nothing as painful in this life as not knowing your root.
I once worked with a Honduran who was sad trying to trace his origin to Nigeria.
He asked me how he can go about it but don't know too.
That man won't mind spending thousands of dollars just to know his origin.
Even the present humans have spent tons and tons of money carrying out research on our origin but some of us have to accept the bible version for sanity sake

Just imagine being treated like thrash with nowhere to run to and really call yours.

African Americans do envy black migrants to a level of almost or atimes, actual hatred.

They hate the fact that they're "boxed in" and have nowhere to run.

Africans around the world would travel back "home" to any African country and settle if only we can just make this land great again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by emmaodet: 7:29pm On Apr 27, 2023
Krublog:

Just imagine being treated like thrash with nowhere to run to and really call yours.

African Americans do envy black migrants to a level of almost or atimes, actual hatred.

They hate the fact that they're "boxed in" and have nowhere to run.

Africans around the world would travel back "home" to any African country and settle if only we can just make this land great again.

grin grin grin @ the bolded
Yes bro, Africa needs to be great so that people can proudly come back home
Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by emmaodet: 7:41pm On Apr 27, 2023
Inyaky:
Emperormartin
When Nigerians are struggling day and night to get US visa to leave this country for good...They don't want anything associated with Nigeria again

These ones are coming back to reintroduce themselves.

Truly, this world no balance

[color=#006600][/color]you think they will relocate to Nigeria? No they just want to know their root because the insult is becoming too much for them, it's good now they can point to somewhere as their ancestral home or origin

The insults that follows not knowing your root is very high.
Don't let us even go too far. Just been a bastard, not knowing your father. Not knowing who your mum got pregnant for is very very very devastating not to talk of a total root.
If a boy quarrels with his mate, during the fight one of the things they will use to get back at him is "he is a bastard that doesn't know his father"
Do you know what many women face in the hands of their bastard boys? Who threat them occasionally asking for their father's house?
There are many things that are painful in life but we take softly because most of us were born in a balanced home.
Even when born in a complete family but the father dies in plane crash at sea or sank in a ship at the middle of ocean etc and his body couldn't be found or a befitting grave for his body. Not knowing the grave of a father or mother is bad enough not to talk of being a bastard who doesn't know is father and father's people and the top of it all is not even Totally knowing your roots patapata.
Na that one worst pass

2 Likes

Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by kabukabu50(m): 7:51pm On Apr 27, 2023
emmaodet:

The insults that follows not knowing your root is very high.
Don't let us even go too far. Just been a bastard, not knowing your father. Not knowing who your mum got pregnant for is very very very devastating not to talk of a total root.
If a boy quarrels with his mate, during the fight one of the things they will use to get back at him is "he is a bastard that doesn't know his father"
Do you know what many women face in the hands of their bastard boys? Who threat them occasionally asking for their father's house?
There are many things that are painful in life but we take softly because most of us were born in a balanced home.
Even when born in a complete family but the father dies in plane crash at sea or sank in a ship at the middle of ocean etc and his body couldn't be found or a befitting grave for his body. Not knowing the grave of a father or mother is bad enough not to talk of being a bastard who doesn't know is father and father's people and the top of it all is not even Totally knowing your roots patapata.
Na that one worst pass

Thats a honesty bad take.

Better to not know your father/ mother/parents if they are abusive reckless people.

The days of " bastard " being an insult are long gone.

Children with positive loving people in their lives who may not be their biological parents have much better outcomes and development than those with abusive biological parents.
Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Pray(m): 8:26pm On Apr 27, 2023
Hope they can contest political positions without fear and favour too........
Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Sewgon79(m): 10:05pm On Apr 27, 2023
Jogs1900:

I understand your point clearly as you pointed out the fact. What I mean is that the Nigerian government can give him a diplomatic passport to aid his movement around the world, any country he visits, it should be at the expense of the Nigerian government, etc.
Ooni is a king with a class that all Yorubas are proud of.

But are you aware that some first class King in Nigeria travels with Diplomatic Passport, eg.

1. OONI of Ife
2. Sultan of Sokoto
3. Oba of Benin
4. Obi of Onitsha
5. OLU of WARRI
6. Emir of Kano

Few that I know of. Moreso if you were awarded with CFR (Commander of Federal Republic of Nigeria) that also comes with Diplomatic Passport and treatment anywhere you travel to in the world. You will be given same privilege as Diplomat.
Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by Blake755: 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2023
Damian911:
What if he doesn't make it to Yankee land? undecidedquote author=Blake755 post=122777247]Omo I wish my grandpa no miss the boat sef 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️ the for born me for Yankee
He will oo OG e no go reach him own and e go end with bad luck
Re: DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) by otipoju(m): 12:34am On Apr 28, 2023
shegzhkn:

You must be guy of extreme value then, married to one too I guess??

Yea. There is a time for everything. This stage of my life is to put in the work to raise my kids so they turn out right , do well for themselves and give me peace of mind in my later years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Shows Off Newborn Baby’s Tribal Marks / Fire Guts Part Of Ooni’s Palace / My Village Masquarade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.