Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,527 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? (26669 Views)

When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria / Lady Goes For Photoshoot With Her Father; He Outshines her (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by mediclife1987(m): 8:56am On Apr 30, 2023
ufotty2001:
I earn up to N700k per month but my rent is not up to 10% of that amount.. am currently planning to build my house although.

So you live in a barely 70k annual rent house?

I pity you, your neighbors go soon set you up for real.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by yemmit90: 9:05am On Apr 30, 2023
walexsho:

you work in Ikeja as a case study
you earn 150k salary
a decent Room/parlour self con rent in Ikeja is more than 1m... and you get a very nice 200k Room/Parlour self con at Sango/tollgate outskirt Ikeja with just 1k tfare per day(360k yearly).
Will you rent a house at Ikeja all in the name of City guy?

Though the suitable option for someone in that situation is to face the rigorous way of life,couple with mental stress by staying at the said outskirt of Ikeja. Besides, if you add his/her tfare and the rent, you will see it still more than 3 months of the salary despite his/her suffering on the road on a daily basis. He/she will likely eat out and spend more compare to living close to his/her work place.

Nigeria is a fuvk up country where you paid through your nose and still not enjoy what you paid for. If I was in that situation, I won't take any job less that 250k there, and live in probably 700k apartment close to work.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by 9ty4our: 9:09am On Apr 30, 2023
About 4.2% monthly..
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by mediclife1987(m): 9:17am On Apr 30, 2023
yemmit90:

Is like you don't know that alot of jokers and unrealistic people full Nairaland.

Except you earn 300k and above, there is no way your 2 months salary will cover your rent if you stay at city centre. Some in the name of cutting cost will get cheap apartments at remote areas and end up spending ร—2 of the same rent on transportation.

Plus stress of hold up in very bad roads too join oh.

Very foolish people.

My sister dey try wine me make I continue to dey stay our late momsy house with her, dey go work from there. I just dey look her like person wey she think sey I be mumu.

She wan dey use that opportunity dey tax me for house, with her not even giving a damn the stress I go through daily to and fro work.

I spent 3hrs from Oshodi to Ikorodu, and about 5hrs from Ikorodu to Sango yesterday, getting home past 11pm, yet she still wan dey complain on topy head sey why I late reach house.

I just dey pray daily make my rent money complete make I gerrarahere go rent house for Oshodi.

At least proximity to Yaba dey secure...

I'm sure she won't mind me giving her that rent mone, while I continue finding my way to & fro work; despite being in a rigorous training job, that'll require me to be well rested to perform optimally at work.

She just sees me as nothing but a cash cow...

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by mediclife1987(m): 9:23am On Apr 30, 2023
QuinModah:
Awon Omo ibo, will never sell their land, NEVER!Baba mi, go to Ibeju Lekki awon baba ti ta gbo ile to wan be, nothing for their sons or grandsons

God have mercy.

I'm ashamed to be Yoruba, olorun.

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Pussykills: 9:29am On Apr 30, 2023
PotatoSalad:

Omo naira useless sha. Convert am to USD and you will cry. 3m is 4k USD.
That means you're making 48k usd yearly.
Still below the median income in US.
But you're among the top 1% in Nigeria.
Nice but sad

With his 100m he can get a moderate house in Nigeria, that cannot be said of in US.

You have to understand that in the US, the expenses are high. Comparing what we have in Nigeria to US is outright misinformation.

Every country have their own reality.

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by mediclife1987(m): 9:46am On Apr 30, 2023
elipheleh:

Humans and doubts sef.

I started learning programming while in University.

Graduated from University 2010

Searched for job for 5 years. Most of my mates were already working.

By 2015 was when I got my first job and started working for CONTEC as a Network Engineer till date. I still won't quit this job. My ID card is like Immigration own. And it clears road for me everywhere as far as police and others are concerned.

I self taught myself programming for 14 yrs starting in Uni days. Then before getting my first good paying programming job last year 2022. So for 14 years I was building my skills in Computer Languages.

If you must know I'm into web development. See my current skills:
Php
Jquery
Laravel
Mysql, mariadb
Css, html, bootstrap
Javascript
ReactJS
Java,
And still learning more...

I have other skills:
A little of penetration testing. That is hacking
Linux server administration
Mechanical Engineering graduate.
HVAC
Computer hardware repairs
Computer Networking (that's part of my job in immigrantion)

At the remote job in USA, I am the only programmer there. Full stack developer. Pay is 4k usd

And I will also take up a role soon as a Mod. That's another 4k US dollar

Why am I taking my time to respond to your doubts?

I'm only encouraging guys here. Don't give up. Keep working legitimately and honest jobs. Improve your skills all the time. There's no limits. There's nothing God cannot do for you. Just believe.

This too can happen to you or anybody.

Brother please help a fellow medical doctor who's still living in his momma's house to fish please.

I've been working for 10years in Naija now, most of it in the North, and I'm back to Lagos now, frustrated than ever before.

I'm still working as a Doctor, but really crave this side gig of yours to break even financially.

Please any assistance of yours in learning this would be helpful, as I'm already in depression.

I'll shoot you a mail request now. Please kindly do not ignore, as I'm not begging for fish, just begging to be taught to fish.

Gracias

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by PotatoSalad(m): 9:50am On Apr 30, 2023
Pussykills:

With his 100m he can get a moderate house in Nigeria, that cannot be said of in US.

You have to understand that in the US, the expenses are high. Comparing what we have in Nigeria to US is outright misinformation.

What's the essence of having millions in naira when the millions cannot treat a life threatening illness.
Na when you leave naija you go know say our money no get value.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by tosyne2much(m): 10:09am On Apr 30, 2023
QuinModah:
shocked Are you still on Nairaland? Chai! It been century Lol
Yes I am still here oooo.. I've been doing more of reading than posting or commenting cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Acidosis(m): 10:25am On Apr 30, 2023
Viking07:
The average Abuja salary starts from 50-70k. 100k is considered a good pay in Abuja. Now which part of Abuja can you rent a decent 1 bedroom apartment with 200k(2 months salary)?

Nigerians in general are suffering from hyperinflation but nobody cares . Price of items keeps going up while salary remains constant. People now use their 3-5 months salary to pay as rent. In gwarimpa. A selfcon is between 900k-1m. How many Nigerians earn 500k monthly? Lol how many can even boast of 200k saved in their accounts at any point in time? Weโ€™re joking in this country.

PS: Thereโ€™s a difference between Abuja and FCT. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜†. Gwarimpa, Garki, Maitama =Abuja
Nyanya, gwagwalada, bwari, Kuje =FCT.

How do you expect a people with stockholm syndrome (aka "suffering and smiling) to understand the meaning of "hyperinflation"?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Acidosis(m): 10:27am On Apr 30, 2023
mediclife1987:

God have mercy.

You are a shameless entity. You are ashamed that your fellow Yoruba people in Ibeju-Lekki sold their lands to "omo igbo" but the last time your cousins/siblings told you about a property they bought in the UK, US, or Canada, you were praising and disturbing God with your testimonies. Lol

4 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Esthered: 10:28am On Apr 30, 2023
ednut1:
No manual. Pay based on your circumstances. In ta bid to stay in a cheaper place you expose yourself to health issues like stress and lack of sleep. If you die your next of kin go blast your savings o
The bank doesn't give NOK the money.
Someone goes to the court to do a letter of administration or Enrollment of order. The bank verifies through search and if it clears, Estate account will be opened and the funds transferred...
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by ednut1(m): 10:34am On Apr 30, 2023
Esthered:

The bank doesn't give NOK the money.
Someone goes to the court to do a letter of administration or Enrollment of order. The bank verifies through search and if it clears, Estate account will be opened and the funds transferred...
sigh, is it strangers that will process the letter of administration Abi is it not NOK and family members
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Acidosis(m): 10:35am On Apr 30, 2023
staga:

Someone earning 100k a month in Abuja has no business living in Gwarinpa or anywhere inside town. Maybe in Nyanya or Mararaba or Lugbe or Kubwa.

It is just that we do not have a culture of riding bicycles in Nigeria and bicycle lanes were not created the way you have them in places like Utrecht, Netherlands. Otherwise, we should all be cycling and forget plying of buses and paying all kinds of transport fares.

You get your house in a cheaper location, and you cycle to work and back. It will also help to reduce the traffic. If I was the president, I would introduce a vehicle schedule where those whose names start with a particular alphabet can only be allowed to drive on certain days.

You want to introduce Bicycle where? I hope you understand that Lagos is x2 the size of the entire Netherlands (by population)?

We shouldn't be thinking of importing another European norm without basis. Riding bicycle for them is not a matter of population or traffic, but climate change and wellness. Bicycle is a recipe for chaos and disaster in places like Lagos. How many bicycles can replace just 1 BRT?

Climate change is not our business. What we need is HEAVY TAXATION for those who want to use another "used Corolla" to show that they have arrived. MASS TRANSIT should be extremely affordable for everyone (we should have luxurious BRT-like buses) in our streets (of course with good and motorable roads).

For every 1 Corolla on the street with 2 passengers, we should be seeing at least 3 MASS transit buses, each conveying 80-100 people. This is how to defeat vehicular traffic, pollution, and congestion.

Those who want to remain in their "classism" can avoid the MASS TRANSIT for no genuine reason but bodi go tell some by the time they are paying about 200k every month as TAXES for driving. This is the norm in more advanced countries.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Ay04z(m): 10:56am On Apr 30, 2023
Rent cheap apartment......

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by ufotty2001: 11:22am On Apr 30, 2023
mediclife1987:

So you live in a barely 70k annual rent house?

I pity you, your neighbors go soon set you up for real.
Yes.. I stay in one room apartment..!!
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by staga: 11:23am On Apr 30, 2023
Acidosis:

You want to introduce Bicycle where? I hope you understand that Lagos is x2 the size of the entire Netherlands (by population)?

We shouldn't be thinking of importing another European norm without basis. Riding bicycle for them is not a matter of population or traffic, but climate change and wellness. Bicycle is a recipe for chaos and disaster in places like Lagos. How many bicycles can replace just 1 BRT?

Climate change is not our business. What we need is HEAVY TAXATION for those who want to use another "used Corolla" to show that they have arrived. MASS TRANSIT should be extremely affordable for everyone (we should have luxurious BRT-like buses) in our streets (of course with good and motorable roads).

For every 1 Corolla on the street with 2 passengers, we should be seeing at least 3 MASS transit buses, each conveying 80-100 people. This is how to defeat vehicular traffic, pollution, and congestion.

Those who want to remain in their "classism" can avoid the MASS TRANSIT for no genuine reason but bodi go tell some by the time they are paying about 200k every month as TAXES for driving. This is the norm in more advanced countries.

Please where did I say I want to introduce bicycle? If you had read my post very well, you will understand that where I was going was that planning of infrastructure (such as the bicycle lanes in Utrecht, Netherlands) must be done in such a way as to accommodate alternative means of transport such as bicycles, which are lacking in Naija. Please try to read and understand posts before commenting off point.

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 30, 2023
Gentew:

They literaly sent me an "invitation to treat" with their half naked dressings...... Meaning that they technically approach me.
BRO, their dressing is not an invitation. Please, don't make that mistake.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Esthered: 11:54am On Apr 30, 2023
ednut1:
sigh, is it strangers that will process the letter of administration Abi is it not NOK and family members
Family members sir. Some people's NOK can be their girlfriend or boyfriend, most times if not all, it's the family that goes to the court.

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by lavylilly: 11:59am On Apr 30, 2023
kingreign:

I no sabi that kind place.
opposite the immigration office.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by kingreign(m): 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2023
lavylilly:
opposite the immigration office.

Lol. Okay o
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by MrBlock: 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2023
Pussykills:
Please I need sincere inputs. Those leaving with someone, please don't derail this thread. Just read an learn.

I'm planning on relocating to new area in Abuja but I'm really confused if 20% of salary is too much to pay for rent.

Where I currently stay lacks some amenities and I pay 10% of my salary for rent.

What percentage of your salary goes to rent? How much do you think should be the ideal percentage of salary for rent??

I think the right percentage would allow for proper saving to allow one build his or her own apartment.

Thank you for your responses.

4.5% of annual net pay
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by mediclife1987(m): 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2023
Acidosis:

You are a shameless entity. You are ashamed that your fellow Yoruba people in Ibeju-Lekki sold their lands to "omo igbo" but the last time your cousins/siblings told you about a property they bought in the UK, US, or Canada, you were praising and disturbing God with your testimonies. Lol

Apart from you hallucinating this up, what has buying a property abroad got to do with selling off your lands and birthrights to outsiders?

You're a fool, a foolish fool at that.

Akotile daa ta...

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by QuinModah(f): 1:48pm On Apr 30, 2023
Awon agba ti wan ni opolor cry
mediclife1987:

God have mercy.

My mom is from there, they have sold almost everything that belongs to them as a family except their family house, you know those old school family house angry

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by QuinModah(f): 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2023
mediclife1987:

Plus stress of hold up in very bad roads too join oh.

Very foolish people.

My sister dey try wine me make I continue to dey stay our late momsy house with her, dey go work from there. I just dey look her like person wey she think sey I be mumu.

She wan dey use that opportunity dey tax me for house, with her not even giving a damn the stress I go through daily to and fro work.

I spent 3hrs from Oshodi to Ikorodu, and about 5hrs from Ikorodu to Sango yesterday, getting home past 11pm, yet she still wan dey complain on topy head sey why I late reach house.

I just dey pray daily make my rent money complete make I gerrarahere go rent house for Oshodi.

At least proximity to Yaba dey secure...

I'm sure she won't mind me giving her that rent mone, while I continue finding my way to & fro work; despite being in a rigorous training job, that'll require me to be well rested to perform optimally at work.

She just sees me as nothing but a cash cow...
grin
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by QuinModah(f): 2:00pm On Apr 30, 2023
yemmit90:

Is like you don't know that alot of jokers and unrealistic people full Nairaland.

Except you earn 300k and above, there is no way your 2 months salary will cover your rent if you stay at city centre. Some in the name of cutting cost will get cheap apartments at remote areas and end up spending ร—2 of the same rent on transportation.
What would you suggest?
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by QuinModah(f): 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2023
Pussykills:

Where in Nigeria?
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by yemmit90: 2:32pm On Apr 30, 2023
QuinModah:
What would you suggest?

My suggestion is for everyone to stay close to his/her place of work. Don't take an offer you won't be able to save at least 20% of your salary after all expenses.

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by QuinModah(f): 2:33pm On Apr 30, 2023
yemmit90:

My suggestion is for everyone to stay close to his/her place of work. Don't take an offer you won't be able to save at least 20% of your salary after all expenses.
Gross annual or Net annual
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by caandi: 2:58pm On Apr 30, 2023
elipheleh:

By Gods mercy he will get even more. I shared it here because I know someone might be encouraged. He just need to be dedicated.

I self taught myself for 14 years and counting. His lights will shine too soon with God and His grace.
Amen ๐Ÿ™ thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š for your nice words.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by yemmit90: 3:23pm On Apr 30, 2023
QuinModah:
Gross annual or Net annual

Of course Net, reason I said after all expenses.

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Acidosis(m): 3:42pm On Apr 30, 2023
mediclife1987:

Apart from you hallucinating this up, what has buying a property abroad got to do with selling off your lands and birthrights to outsiders?

You're a fool, a foolish fool at that.

Akotile daa ta...

You no even get sense. The land you're buying abroad no be other people's "inheritance"? The visa that you and your useless selected leaders are struggling to get no be other people's inheritance?

Lagos is a city and, like any other city in Nigeria (e.g., Abuja and Port Harcourt), hundreds of thousands of non-indigenes from different parts of the country will own properties in these cities. Let that sink into your head.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members / Pastor Glory Idahosa Abandons Wife, Christabel Idahosa, Marries Another Lady / Zambian Lady Divorces Months After Getting Range Rover Gift From Her Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.