Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,963 members, 7,814,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

A Lazy Husband - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Lazy Husband (9899 Views)

Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. / How Can One Cope Wit A Lazy Wife? / Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lazy Husband by harakiri(m): 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2011
@mammyword,Quit lying abeg. Did you say "you never prayed to marry a rich man"? Abeg, people get dia brain 4 hia ooo! Even if you didn't pray for one doesn't mean you prefer a struggling man over a rich man. Quit dropping misleading comments abeg. Women sha. Truth no dey dia mouth at all.
Re: A Lazy Husband by tainot2002(m): 6:49pm On Sep 25, 2011
woman with their wahala
Re: A Lazy Husband by hbrednic: 7:01pm On Sep 25, 2011
ur husband wicked no be small
Re: A Lazy Husband by dayokanu(m): 7:18pm On Sep 25, 2011
A worthless and useless woman you are.

Before marriage you agreed to wait for his Ministry dreams, Why didnt you tell him then that you didnt like his ideas, Now you tricked him into marriage and you are now complaining

You be thief, You sef wan follow chop church money.

better go find better job.

The man is even wise not to start a family cos left to you, you would be popping babies all over.
Re: A Lazy Husband by mammyword: 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2011
Harakiri. I'm not surprised dat ur mind cannot fathom a woman who never prayed or wished for a rich man.what kind of women have u been interacting with ? I get it the common every day type right? Well I am different and there are many like me!.my mum obviously did a good job. Ur comment reminds of a day in UI when a female fresher was said to have been raped on a quiet street and in a discussion with fellow freshers I said it was so sad that the girl (we heard she was about 16 yrs old) would have lost her viginity to a rapist and every one laughed , a sixteen year old virgin?? Yea there are real women like me . Pray for one sugar but I doubt u can treat one well!

The real issue here is centred around a male human being who has his priorities misplaced . Unfortunately the world is full of them: those waiting for ministry and those making politics a full time job, @

@ original poster!!! Pray my dear pray and do something to hold the fort while waiting for him to change his ways.
Re: A Lazy Husband by harakiri(m): 7:55pm On Sep 25, 2011
@mammyword, Spare the speech for someone who's dumb enough to believe that crap. Even if you are a millionaire and your parents are billionaires, you will NEVER want to step down from that level unless you are either over aged or deformed or one of those "commas" that force women to come to their senses and marry "Mr Available". You (and your kind) are social climbing creatures. It's encoded in your DNA. Spare me the "not everyone is like that" speech. That's what you all say but deep down, the only thing that differs you all are physical attributes and social background. Get real sista! You'allz cut from the same cloth.
Re: A Lazy Husband by mammyword: 8:08pm On Sep 25, 2011
@harakiri: ROFLOL. Dude u ve got it real baaaaaad! Pele ti e oooooooooo.I can't shout abegx4
Re: A Lazy Husband by harakiri(m): 8:22pm On Sep 25, 2011
@mammyword,You still don't get it do you? I'm not the kinda guy you can use shaming tactics for. I'm not the kinda guy that will bend when you use cheap shaming tactics such as insinuiating I'm a sad broken hearted fellow or that I hate women. The opposite is the case and as a typical woman, you resorted to shaming tactics thinking I'm a regular Joe. It didn't work lady. I've seen it all and it's hideously predictable. See why I say you are ALL the same? Your mother taught you different indeed! Tell that to the crabs. You see, I know you women (maybe too much for my own good).
Re: A Lazy Husband by armyofone(m): 8:40pm On Sep 25, 2011
dayokanu:

A worthless and useless woman you are.

Before marriage you agreed to wait for his Ministry dreams, Why didnt you tell him then that you didnt like his ideas, Now you tricked him into marriage and you are now complaining

You be thief, You sef wan follow chop church money.

better go find better job.

The man is even wise not to start a family cos left to you, you would be popping babies all over.

dayo that was too much now shocked
Re: A Lazy Husband by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 25, 2011
were you blind when you married him? go sort yourself out. There are real and demanding issues at hand to discuss and here is the last place for you to extend your bitching and constant nagging in-short GTFO!
Re: A Lazy Husband by debosky(m): 8:51pm On Sep 25, 2011
Na wa oh. . . .war has been declared on 'stingy' and 'lazy' men on nairaland. cheesy cheesy

Support your husband till he starts his ministry. . . .that's what he told you before you got married, so stop trying to act as if you didn't understand what you were getting into.

When the 'ministry' takes off, you can come and tell us about how wonderful your husband is. grin
Re: A Lazy Husband by Gladmama(f): 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2011
I am a believer but I run away from such men. Especially those who say use words like 'full time ministry,called to serve and all the other excuses lazy servants of God use.Its unfortunate you are marrried to one.
Write this scriptures in bold and stick them where he will read daily.

2nd Thessalonians 3:10>> If a man will not work he shall not eat.
1st Timothy 5:8>>If anyone does not provide for his relatives esp members of his own household,he had denied the faith and is WORSE THAN AN UNBELIEVER.

If he says church is work tell him some of the 12 apostles were fishermen and others doctors. Tell him industry is crowned with God's blessing and idleness is loaded with a curse.

I wont ask you to pray cz am sure uv done that.You guys dont have kids,So to get him to act stay without providing for a week. Go hungry both of you.
I know it sounds harsh but I cant think of a better way.
Hes too comfortable cz your doing everything but instead of seeing your sacrifice and getting up to work,he sleeps more.
That is not what God called us to do! What a shame to God's name.

Sister, this person has given you the best answer but I think that you should pray well and decide what you want to do with him, I think you are better off with out him.
Re: A Lazy Husband by mammyword: 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2011
:Awwwwwww, seriously, feel free to express the hurt dude. I ve read that it helps at least a bit! tongue tongue tongue. Still ROFLOL.
Re: A Lazy Husband by mammyword: 9:05pm On Sep 25, 2011
kiss@ harakiri. Naughty naughty u shouldn't let ur shrink get so carried away laughing u know I forgot to tell u that last comment is the last dose of ur medicine. U may wanna swallow it with a tankard of whatever it is u've been quaffing!!!!!
Re: A Lazy Husband by harakiri(m): 9:06pm On Sep 25, 2011
@mammyword, Like I said : You're typical.
Re: A Lazy Husband by totorimi: 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2011
That man is up to something, i dont know what it is but it looks like he is not up to any good. He is your husband anyway so the only advise to you is to endure and pray because i am not going to be a party to any break up
Re: A Lazy Husband by smithoo(m): 10:54pm On Sep 25, 2011
@poster
Your husband promised starting a ministry which was ok by you. I share your pain now because u are the one providing for the family and this had affected you finance greatly. I want to believe you prayed before accepting to marry him and if otherwise, the fact that marrying a man that wants to fulfill God's purpose in the world is not a bad idea.
Starting a true ministry of God without additive is not a day job, it takes time to yield result, pls commit all to God and all shall be well.
You are not likely to get the best advise here but lean on God's understanding, direction and verdict. Pray together and also in your quiet time for him, is a listening God,be patient. Sincerely HE will lift the ministry, your husband and you. RICK WARREN will say 'No matter how good things are in your life,there is always something bad that needs to be worked on. And no matter how bad things are in your life,there is always something good you can thank God for'. Stay bless.
Re: A Lazy Husband by activities: 11:37pm On Sep 25, 2011
WOMEN , WOMEN,, WOMEN,

They can call anything to their husband once he is not the bread winner, LaZyman, Useless Man. Goodfornothing Man etc. without knowing that things can change anytime to better,

Dont worry MR MAN because some governors and senators in Nigeria were called all these names by their wives before they became Governors and senators,

By that time she will be answering < First lady,Her Excellency, ETC.
Re: A Lazy Husband by Sacarstic: 11:55pm On Sep 25, 2011
@Poster your decision to marry a jobless man is so senseless who is hoping to live on the proceed of other hardworking people,i guess you`re one of those religious bigots, i will advice you to face your marriage,sit with your husband and talk it over with him with due respect. If he does not see anything bad about it like he is doing right now then continue to feed him,it`s the challenge you will face in your marriage,every marriage has it`s challenges. Are you losing faith in your GOD?? Has he become the God that does not hear when he is called to act by his worshiper?? This is what happens when people fails to live up to reality but are hypnotized to believe in an all seeing and Miracle God.
Re: A Lazy Husband by Outstrip(f): 1:09am On Sep 26, 2011
Sacarstic:

@Poster your decision to marry a jobless man is so senseless who is hoping to live on the proceed of other hardworking people,i guess you`re one of those religious bigots, i will advice you to face your marriage,sit with your husband and talk it over with him with due respect. If he does not see anything bad about it like he is doing right now then continue to feed him,it`s the challenge you will face in your marriage,every marriage has it`s challenges. Are you losing faith in your GOD?? Has he become the God that does not hear when he is called to act by his worshiper?? This is what happens when people fails to live up to reality but are hypnotized to believe in an all seeing and Miracle God.
Stop calling God. God does not reward stupidity.

I don't think we should be so hard on the OP. Starting your ministry does notmean that you cannot work. They just did not do their homework before the wedding
Re: A Lazy Husband by lastpage: 1:45am On Sep 26, 2011
First, you called him a "bullshiter"! Lord Jezzus!!
For that alone, YOU NEED TO DIVORCE HIM ASAP!
Why? He does not deserve YOU (I dont want to use words like 'wimp' to describe another human, God forbid!)

Having said that let me sit back a bit:
Since this is about Pastors/Ministry, every one has quoted the Bible! grin

My turn: "I am yet to see anyone serving the Lord, go hungry", says the Bible!

So, l can authoritatively tell you that your "bullshitter" will one day, be a millionaire, have Jets, even have "Presidents" kneel before him!
if you doubt me, go and ask "ALL" our full-time Pastors (aside Pastor Bakare) who use Private Jets and sit on Billions, today!

Back to my own church: "Mummy" Pastor is one half-illiterate, very arrogant, petty and sharp-tongued! (just like most Pastor's wife: oafs,like you too!).
But because her husband is "The church Pastor", even women old enough to be her mother will NEVER hand over keys to her without KNEELING!

She has just been "leveraged" from a NOBODY, to some V.I.P!
She gets gift even without liking it or showing appreciation (the best way to a man's heart is through his wife or else, she go spoil your own when Pastor wan attend to your own spiritual needs o! shocked ).

So Madam Poster: These are the "goodies" you had in mind when your husband told you he is "called" to the Ministry!

Now that the "business" is not taking-off as quickly as you envisaged (its due to the global recession now, not just your husband's business), the "Man of Gowd" has suddenly become a "Bullshitter"?

Just look at your 'choice of word' to describe your husband?
Imagine someone like you becoming "Mummy G.O"? is that not a grave mistake?
You see why l say "He does not deserve your type"?

If he is truly called by God, his Ministry go big, no be small but you would be the first to remind us that: you are HIS LEGAL WIFE! angry
You will flash your "marriage Cert" like Lovelyn Vs. Mercy Johnson but right now, you are not acting your part in anyway!

Wives should "Honor their husbands" says the Bible: Are you honoring your husband here?
Are you "keeping your home" like a virtuous wife?

Lest just assume he was truly called:
Dont you feel God will be offended by your current words and disposition?
Dont you think God would see you as a hindrance to his Ministry?

if God has given YOU a job, so you can support your husband, you think it is too much for God to take that job away from you?
Why are you so arrogant and self-assuming?

Why do women in general, always feel so important and arrogant (to the point of ridiculing their husband publicly) once they take on some "manly responsibility" in the home? (no disrespect to the good women that do exist, albeit very small quantity!)

"For better, for worse" should mean exactly THAT!
It means if things get BETTER, you will love him till death!
if things get WORSE, you will still love him till death!
Why do women take this vow as a joke? Just tell the "official" you dont subscribe to that part, during the marriage and the man will know "where he stands". wink

Even Jesus went onto the mountain for 40days (No WORK, No Food, just FASTING AND PRAYER!)
In the spiritual realm, when you're actually trying to "elevate your spirit-being", common contact with humans can be a big distraction from achieving that height! (okay, may sound like a load of rubbish, l understand).

Best advice: Please pack your things and leave (thank God no kids are involved). Go and look for a UBA banker, (at least till he is retrenched at UBA, you will be enjoying the Upfront) marry him.
Dont let 'Pastor' have intimacy with you anymore (Children kooo, Pikin niii!) at least he should focus on his "spiritual odyssey"!
Divorce the sad-arse Pastor Pronto (l will hate that you can benefit from it, if he hits his 'spiritual jackpot' in future wink )

Dont come here and whine like you are not old enough to have a boyfriend (Dont shag his church member please! grin )

And you "Bros Pastor", in-case you dont know, Recession is making peeps wiser now, they ain't parting with their money that easily, anymore!
You need to be more "aggressive"; do some miracles (hmmm, l dint say you should go and join cult o!)
Gather "single women" wey no get husband and begin to pray for them, Prophesy husband for them! grin grin
Hopefully, you will gather enough stewpid folks to begin to earn some quid! wink

Remember, the key to a "seed church" is WOMEN! WOMEN!!, WOMEN!!!
Men are too stingy, too crafty and general too suspicious of PIMPS like YOU!

As for me, l wont show face, you ain't pimping ma wallet this time shocked grin
If everything fails, go and do "Mai-Guard" as your "former wife" suggested! tongue
Work, na Work! wink
You're really beginning to get FAT around your waist! angry
Re: A Lazy Husband by Nobody: 3:39am On Sep 26, 2011
Re: A Lazy Husband by DeepSoul(f): 1:14pm On Sep 26, 2011
^^ Whether or not this one is true, it happens everyday.

I have a family friend in d SAME situation. They have bn married 14 years now. She just got used to it and works hard enough to provide d basics - shelter, food and education for their kids. The man sits at home doing nothing. This has gone on for 14 years. And d annoying part - the guy na glutton! cheesy Can eat for an army!
Re: A Lazy Husband by Johndoe100(m): 2:00pm On Sep 26, 2011
First, this baord is not the place for a God fearing woman to get advise as most of the females giving advise are of the opinion that bible believing Christians are fools. Havind said that, I strongly urge the poster to go home and give to her husband the support he needs. As a good Christian woman, she owes her loyalty and obedience. As God has called her husband to serve him as a pastor, does she know what GodLs plan for them is? Before you married your husband, did you not put the issue before God? Did you not get an answer via the Holy Spirit? If you go against God's plan for your life, the consequenses are usually severe.
Re: A Lazy Husband by blank(f): 3:36pm On Sep 26, 2011
Just reading through her past posts shows she is a pretender. U married him cos he was available as u were tired of being on the shelf at 35 years. He was insisting on pre-sex but u held ur ground (so i wonder what kind of pastor he will make).

Now that u are married, ur eyes av cleared and u av seen life as it is. It is your bed and u must surely lie on it. God forbid that you destroy "his ministry" before it takes off by divorcing him or rubbishing his testimony. It will not happen.

I know your type. I had a classmate that was so wayward in school and had 2 abortions. Her scandalous lifestyle was so well known that she ran away from Lagos to UNN to continue her studies. Now, she is 32years and wants to settle down. Saw a fine upstanding man of God and sank her talons in. God saved the boy if not his ministry would av died just as it was starting cos she still continued her ruinous lifestyle. U can imagine someone trying to seduce her friend's fiance a week to the wedding.

God no go gree o.
Re: A Lazy Husband by Outstrip(f): 5:49pm On Sep 26, 2011
blank:

Just reading through her past posts shows she is a pretender. U married him cos he was available as u were tired of being on the shelf at 35 years. He was insisting on pre-sex but u held your ground (so i wonder what kind of pastor he will make).

Now that u are married, your eyes av cleared and u av seen life as it is. It is your bed and u must surely lie on it. God forbid that you destroy "his ministry" before it takes off by divorcing him or rubbishing his testimony. It will not happen.

I know your type. I had a classmate that was so wayward in school and had 2 abortions. Her scandalous lifestyle was so well known that she ran away from Lagos to UNN to continue her studies. Now, she is 32years and wants to settle down. Saw a fine upstanding man of God and sank her talons in. God saved the boy if not his ministry would av died just as it was starting cos she still continued her ruinous lifestyle. U can imagine someone trying to seduce her friend's fiance a week to the wedding.

God no go gree o.

Blank you are way out of line. You have labelled her a prostitute because of what? Please slow your roll. Haba. It is not easy being the wife or even the child of someone who is actually called not to talk of the one that believes his calling means he should be lazy. Where there not things you overlooked before you got married? Everybody did. So why are you labellingher a LovePeddler because she is scared of what the future holds. When your husband comes out of no where and says no kids because he has no money and yet he does not want to work then you canlabel yourself what you labelled her. Is it now a crime to have regrets.
Re: A Lazy Husband by dayokanu(m): 6:02pm On Sep 26, 2011
The guy told her he wanted to do ministry,

Why didnt she complain then? The man was unemployed before marriage, why didnt you complain then

Now he has turned to a Bullshitter when he saved you from the hopless shelf of ageing spinsterhood
Re: A Lazy Husband by ifyalways(f): 6:11pm On Sep 26, 2011
OP,Chin up and carry this cross bravely.Better days are coming.

You met and married his unemployed a55 so why the fuss now?

A few GO wives sold their trinkets to support their husbands during the early days,today their fly the best Jets,reaping where they sowed.

Stay and sow with your pastor husband,church biz guarantees bumper harvest,always!

Btw,why is ur husband ministry delayed?lack of funds,he is still undergoing training?Some folks here are wiling and ready to bankroll the biz,yes?
Re: A Lazy Husband by Outstrip(f): 6:28pm On Sep 26, 2011
ifyalways:

OP,Chin up and carry this cross bravely.Better days are coming.

You met and married his unemployed a55 so why the fuss now?

A few GO wives sold their trinkets to support their husbands during the early days,today their fly the best Jets[b],reaping where they sowed[/b].

Stay and sow with your pastor husband,church biz guarantees bumper harvest,always!

Btw,why is your husband ministry delayed?lack of funds,he is still undergoing training?Some folks here are wiling and ready to bankroll the biz,yes?

LOL. Where exactly did they sow. Nonsense. Anyway it is the people that worship them that I blame. Nigerians are always looking for someone to be their master and treat them like outcasts. Is it not hte same God they worship tha I worship. I don't even believe in that calling them Mommy crap. I have one mother. What sacifices did you make for me that I have to start calling you mommy. As a matter of fact I don't think I can attend a church were the wife does nothing. Both husband and wife better have income that I can verify LOL
Re: A Lazy Husband by obowunmi(m): 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2011
Nigerians are very foolish when it comes to issue of religion.
Re: A Lazy Husband by 2mch(m): 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2011
This is very sick. Never in my life did i expect that someone will come out openly and admit that they see church as business in which they should profit from or use as a source of income. Since when did ministry become a full source of income or a job. You and your husband are thieves and evil people with very bad intentions. If you attempt to start that ministry may you never succeed or escape poverty. It is your likes that produce prosperity preachers and mislead people. May God help us Christians from these wolves in sheep clothing.
Re: A Lazy Husband by horny4u(f): 10:37pm On Sep 26, 2011
blank:

Just reading through her past posts shows she is a pretender. U married him cos he was available as u were tired of being on the shelf at 35 years. He was insisting on pre-sex but u held your ground (so i wonder what kind of pastor he will make).

Now that u are married, your eyes av cleared and u av seen life as it is. It is your bed and u must surely lie on it. God forbid that you destroy "his ministry" before it takes off by divorcing him or rubbishing his testimony. It will not happen.

God no go gree o.

Throw that stone o jare o ye with no sin !!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Bible too relevant in even in 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Could My Dirty Past Be Haunting Me? Please Help Before I Go Crazy / Am Pregnant For My Half Brother / Is Asking How Someone Died? Rude?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.