Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! (10919 Views)

How A Wrong Guy Changed My Life From Right To Wrong At 31years / I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account / I Mistakenly Had Sex With My Sister-in-law, Now She's Blackmailing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Therepentant: 10:12am On Apr 29, 2023
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Draslo(m): 10:24am On Apr 29, 2023
You wanted to transfer money from your Zenith to your Opay and you made a mistake writing your own number also, the money somehow also isn't yours. Lmao! Pele sho gbo? Take your loss in peace.

11 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Therepentant: 10:27am On Apr 29, 2023
Draslo:
You wanted to transfer money from your Zenith to your Opay and you made a mistake writing your own number also, the money somehow also isn't yours. Lmao! Pele sho gbo? Take your loss in peace.
If you don't have anything meaningful to say, get the Bleep outta here

15 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Kennyprince: 10:35am On Apr 29, 2023
I just called her and she claimed she has not been making use of that account but that she will check. She sounded like someone who dont wanna return the money

19 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by weezydee(m): 10:37am On Apr 29, 2023
Maybe you should contact Opay

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Kingpin1000: 10:41am On Apr 29, 2023
Draslo:
If I want to make transfer to someone and I want the transaction to be fast, I'll first move the money to my wallet.

6 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Ginaz(f): 10:46am On Apr 29, 2023
I called her , she was making excuses upon excuses. that money , hmmmm. I'm not sure you'll be refunded.

7 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Therepentant: 10:47am On Apr 29, 2023
Kennyprince:
I just called her and she claimed she has not been making use of that account but that she will check. She sounded like someone who dont wanna return the money
I've called her like 15times before I posted the number here, she will at least pick up and reason with me, she has even blocked my line.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Therepentant: 10:48am On Apr 29, 2023
weezydee:
Maybe you should contact Opay
I've contacted opay they said there is nothing they can do that I should contact my bank.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Draslo(m): 10:59am On Apr 29, 2023
Kingpin1000:

If I want to make transfer to someone and I want the transaction to be fast, I'll first move the money to my wallet.
Sorry man. Shitty things happen all the time. If it was a guy, maybe he'd send some if not all back but these our Naija girls, Dem broke gan

25 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by ThatrealestApex: 11:00am On Apr 29, 2023
Therepentant:
As ridiculous as it sounds, this is my current predicament right now.
I wanted to transfer money from my zenith to my opay account, There was a mistake in one of the number, so the money entered another person's opay account instead of mine.

I've been calling the number(opay account number us phone number) since yesterday, at first she picked and when she heard what we were talking about she cut the call, since yesterday she hasn't been picking.
She's blocking the numbers am using to reach out to her

This is the number of the person 09057750943
The amount is 14,800.
The money is not mine and the owner of the money is already on my neck.
My good nairaland family, I will be very happy if you can help me disturb her life with call and messages, she should even return part of the money if not all

The number is not on WhatsApp, but let me place a call to her right away

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by ThatrealestApex: 11:07am On Apr 29, 2023
ThatrealestApex:

Omoh the girl said I should call her back that she's looking for a way grin grin grin

She sounded frustrated oo, people don call her tire gon grin grin grin grin grin grin

27 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Therepentant: 11:09am On Apr 29, 2023
ThatrealestApex:

Omoh the girl said I should call her back that she's looking for a way grin grin grin

She sounded frustrated oo, people don call her tire gon grin grin grin grin grin grin

I never had the intention of posting her number on here but she caused it, Imagine I called her like 15times she later blocked my lines

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by ImpregnaTor(m): 11:11am On Apr 29, 2023
Ok I will call her and tell her to send the money into my account and after that I will send the money back to you.

I hope it works; good luck grin

10 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by mechanics(m): 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2023
Report to Opay on twitter or facebook with online receipt, they will get her BVN blocked till she pays your money.

7 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by mechanics(m): 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2023
Therepentant:

I've contacted opay they said there is nothing they can do that I should contact my bank.
hmmmm, then engage them online.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Gabkan7: 2:02pm On Apr 29, 2023
I just called, it seems she has diverted all calls. Try text her and make a offer she might consider

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Artemis444: 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2023
Therepentant:

Contact which bank? Zenith! ZENITH! Sorry oo.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Artemis444: 2:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
Since you are at the losing end, you don't force the other person if you notice that they won't to avoid risk of being blocked. Instead consider it a partial loss by collecting 10K+ and she should take the remainder, compliment her a good Nigerian. Instead you want 100 percent loss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Artemis444: 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2023
Zenith, Opay, Palmpay, GT Bank, Kuda...
Who can add to the list of lazy customer care services sef... Negotiate with the girl, so it won't be a full loss.
You are at the disadvantage end (sent to Opay wallet).
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by MasterJayJay: 2:18pm On Apr 29, 2023
Why do you guys refuse to verify a transaction before proceeding?

Even when I am transferring to my account, I must make sure I see my name before proceeding.

26 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:36pm On Apr 29, 2023
ThatrealestApex:

IF NA KENYA YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK IN FEW MINUTES.
THIS GIRL IS PROBABLY GOING TO ALL THESE fake PROSPERITY CHURCHES WHERE THEir pastors DONT hammer on TEACHing YOUTHS TO BE HONEST AND CONTENTED with what they have.
IMAGINE!
WHY CANT YOU RETURN THE CASH TO THE OWNER and be blessed Why take what is not yours,that why you people fear fear ,no peace of mind ,because you take what was not given to you at freewill.Shiooor!

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Therepentant: 2:38pm On Apr 29, 2023
Artemis444:
Since you are at the losing end, you don't force the other person if you notice that they won't to avoid risk of being blocked. Instead consider it a partial loss by collecting 10K+ and she should take the remainder, compliment her a good Nigerian. Instead you want 100 percent loss.
She's not replying to text, she has blocked all the lines am using in calling her
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2023
MasterJayJay:

Even when I am transferring to my account, I must make sure I see my name before proceeding.
NO BODY IS INFALLIBLE,AT TIMES YOU MAKE MISTAKES WHEN IN URGENT SITUATION. angrythat is no excuse for person not to send back your money,as soon as reached.THIS HOW FRAUDULENT ELECTION HABIT EVOLVE. undecided

5 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Therepentant: 2:40pm On Apr 29, 2023
MasterJayJay:

I used ussd, the network was very bad yesterday, so I was very excited when it eventually went through, I didn't cross check the name very well.
I know there is no excuse though.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:41pm On Apr 29, 2023
Therepentant:

She's not replying to text, she has blocked all the lines am using in calling her
she is a criminal minded beach,if she doesn't refund your cash. angry
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by swarley75(m): 2:50pm On Apr 29, 2023
A guy would return that money without thinking twice but if na those hungry girls, just forget about the money and count it as a loss

9 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by MasterJayJay: 3:02pm On Apr 29, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
NO BODY IS INFALLIBLE,AT TIMES YOU MAKE MISTAKES WHEN IN URGENT SITUATION. angrythat is no excuse for person not to send back your money,as soon as reached.THIS HOW FRAUDULENT ELECTION HABIT EVOLVE. undecided

We don't live in paradise..That's why one have to crosscheck and verify before proceeding.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Artemis444: 3:14pm On Apr 29, 2023
Therepentant:

I think due to the constant calls, or maybe she felt pressured. Some girls doesn't close mouth, she may have tell one or two guys and when they heard it's Opay. They will tell her to keep the money.
She blocked your lines (what does this means to you? You know already). It supposed to be a thing of negotiation since it is a valid transaction + PIN entered done by yourself.
The first goal is convincing her, call her good Nigerian or sweet compliment and stuff. Don't go overboard, tell her you gift her 4K or whatever amount you can swallow and she should send the remaining one.
'Cause
1, If she tells you her account is hacked there is nothing much to do.
2, Wallet apps hates responsibility and isn't ready to refund anyone, they always shift the blame to the other transaction end. In your case, Zenith is the other end.
3, Customer care these days behaves as if they are not paying them, they will frustrate you till you leave the case.
You have her number, at first you were able to communicate. Normally, and sincerely she is supposed to give your money straight away but, for the sake of "this and that" she would give excuse. Sad...
Negotiation is the only way here, find a way to convince her. If you need suggestions and words of convincing, let us know. We are human beings and respond emotionally too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Artemis444: 3:19pm On Apr 29, 2023
swarley75:
A guy would return that money without thinking twice but if na those hungry girls, just forget about the money and count it as a loss
In cases when the OP suspect he won't get the money back, he could have negotiate with her and lose a little fragment of the money instead of all.
Good Nigerian, good Nigerian but some secretly wants to be rewarded. I know he wouldn't have had that idea, which is normal.
Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by Krak(m): 4:07pm On Apr 29, 2023
I remember the day I mistakenly sent mtn share and sell to an unknown number. When I realized my mistake, I called the number and as I was explaining myself, she ended the call and sent the exact amount back.

That was 12 years ago and I always send blessings into the life of that unknown lady, even till today.

7 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Transferred Money To Wrong Opay Account!! by swarley75(m): 4:08pm On Apr 29, 2023
Artemis444:
In cases when the OP suspect he won't get the money back, he could have negotiate with her and lose a little fragment of the money instead of all.
Good Nigerian, good Nigerian but some secretly wants to be rewarded. I know he wouldn't have had that idea, which is normal.
True to some extent but girls are just naturally greedy and wicked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help!!! I Was Deny Job Because Of The Size Of My Butt / Can Someone Tell Me Were She Is Going Dressed Like This Pix / How Can One Get Over An Ex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.