Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries (13626 Views)

Terror Threat: US Moves To Evacuate Citizens, Embassy Staff From Nigeria / Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates / Fani Kayode Reacts As US, France, Germany, Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:56am On Apr 30, 2023
I do not subscribe that anyone should die. America started this questionable character but I think it's evil.

You live in a country. You make money in that country. You enjoy all the facilities. You date their men and women. You enjoy their food. You enjoy all the benefits.

But when war breaks out, you abbadon them. Why can't your country evacuate their citizens alongside you? Is death only meant for them. Many of them do not partake in the violence. This is my argument.

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by TUANKU(m): 9:03am On Apr 30, 2023
You won't be asking this dumb question if or your family members are in such a situation.
It's called civic responsibility and its morally right.

180 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by AsomStructures: 9:10am On Apr 30, 2023
TUANKU:
You won't be asking this dumb question if or your family members are in such a situation.

You made sense but didn't have to result in insult... The op only express a concern that needs clarification

See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide

104 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by TUANKU(m): 9:11am On Apr 30, 2023
AsomStructures:

You made sense but didn't have to result in insult... The op only express his concern that needs clarification
Please point out the insult in my comment let retract it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by AsomArchitectNG(m): 9:13am On Apr 30, 2023
TUANKU:

Was that necessary?

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by TUANKU(m): 9:16am On Apr 30, 2023
AsomArchitectNG:

Was that necessary?
Yes it was necessary. The question is dumb actually if you read it again and pay attention to the reasons he gave.
Snowflakes.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by Ever8090: 9:33am On Apr 30, 2023
This one too na question?.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:50am On Apr 30, 2023
TUANKU:

Yes it was necessary. The question is dumb actually if you read it again and pay attention to the reasons he gave.
Snowflakes.
It's dumb because you also don't have citizens who get abadoned while the people they host get evacuated.

Assuming there is a war in Nigeria, Your parents are trying to run away, all of a sudden an aeroplane appears in your village to evacuate Ghananians whom your parents have always played good host to. They leave your parents to death.

My question is why can't those Ghananians be evacuated with your parents? Can you figure it better now?

99 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by helinues: 10:44am On Apr 30, 2023
If the citizens can be fleeing, how much more foreigners..

This logic is shallow no disrespecting

16 Likes

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by Oloniyan(m): 10:45am On Apr 30, 2023
Op let me answer your question with another question.

Will you leave your child(ren) inside a raging inferno?

And if your answer is no, then why will you rescue them?

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by jyz200(m): 10:47am On Apr 30, 2023
Omo see reasoning

That’s their land they can’t run away
That’s why Home will always be home

Foreigner is at more risk in advent of war than the natives

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by helinues: 10:47am On Apr 30, 2023
BigotedNaptu:
C130s cargo planes have no seats which means that Nigeria plans to airlift its citizens on a 6-hour journey sitting on the bare floor while there are free Boeing 747s in the Air Peace fleet to comfortably ferry them home safely.

The Nigerian Government prefers to transport its citizens as cargo not as decent humans.

All these just to avoid having it on record that an Igbo man saved the day again.

This is a new low.

Must you people wail about everything? So other countries air force planes have seats that the evacuated citizens can sit comfortably?

You people should stop overdoing everything

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by ManWater: 10:47am On Apr 30, 2023
It is simply not practicable to expect Nigeria to also evacuate Sudanese to Nigeria.
That may only be possible under a refugee program. But then, we can not even take care of our own citizens talkless of refugees.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by captainamiedi1: 10:48am On Apr 30, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
I do not subscribe that anyone should die. America started this questionable character but I think it's evil.

You live in a country. You make money in that country. You enjoy all the facilities. You date their men and women. You enjoy their food. You enjoy all the benefits.

But when war breaks out, you abbadon them. Why can't your country evacuate their citizens alongside you? Is death only meant for them. Many of them do not partake in the violence. This is my argument.

The benefits you enjoy as a citizen, non citizens don't enjoy it. So when it's time for war enjoy it too. Most war are caused by citizens and citizens should be allowed to settle their difference.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by drizslim(m): 10:48am On Apr 30, 2023
War is inevitable the best you ought do is try save your citizens as your primary assignment

1 Like

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by BigotedNaptu: 10:48am On Apr 30, 2023
helinues:

Must you people wail about everything? So other countries air force planes have seats that the evacuated citizens can sit comfortably?

Did these other countries have passenger planes from a top airline made freely available to them?

NO

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by maberry(m): 10:49am On Apr 30, 2023
With a dumb question as this
I find it Ironic that your moniker is SpecialAdviser

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by helinues: 10:49am On Apr 30, 2023
BigotedNaptu:

Did these other countries have passenger planes from an airline available to them?

NO

How many countries have sent passenger plane to Sudan?

Germany or Turkey airplane was riddled with bullets at Khartoum airport just yesterday

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:50am On Apr 30, 2023
captainamiedi1:

The benefits you enjoy as a citizen, non citizens don't enjoy it. So when it's time for war enjoy it too. Most war are caused by citizens and citizens should be allowed to settle their difference.
Benefits? Lol. An American citizen in Nigeria lives a far larger life than Nigerians. So where is the benefits?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by AzizG550(m): 10:50am On Apr 30, 2023
OP Why do you run to your house to hide anytime there is a fight, violence, riot or robbery? Why don’t you stay there and ensure you bring peace and calm everybody down? Is that place you are running from not part of Nigeria? Or are the lives of the people there not important for you to stay back and save and protect them? Person go just carry phone dey type any how

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by illicit(m): 10:50am On Apr 30, 2023
This ur question dey somehow sha

How can u evacuate millions of people

To where

Why do u think we have crises in middle East till date

The Palestinian refugees are too much, they overwhelmed Lebanon

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by Kenog4real(m): 10:52am On Apr 30, 2023
helinues:

You dey mind am. No be the same USA use in Afghanistan to evacuate people. The thing go even carry more people than the Boeing plane.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by BigotedNaptu: 10:53am On Apr 30, 2023
helinues:

How many countries have sent passenger plane to Sudan?

Germany or Turkey airplane was riddled with bullets at Khartoum airport just yesterday

But Nigeria is taking off at Cairo which is not war torn.

Your point again?
Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by bassdow: 10:54am On Apr 30, 2023
TUANKU:

...but the OP's question makes sense irrespective of wether He/She has got relation(s) in such war torn country.

It's like in relationship, where some only want to enjoy it's PROs, but not it's CONs.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by helinues: 10:54am On Apr 30, 2023
BigotedNaptu:

But Nigeria is taking off at Cairo which is not war torn.

Your point again?

I thought Air Peace said he will do the evacuation willingly, why is he missing in action?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by Agrocharcoal511: 10:54am On Apr 30, 2023
It's dangerous
Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by advanceDNA: 10:55am On Apr 30, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Evacuation of citizens of the war-thorn countries also happen....thats how many pple are granted asylum in the uk and US.

..if u know how many citizens of somalia, Oman, syria, etc are in Uk, US and france...u go shock.... still countries cant over do beyond their budget.......if u evacuate other country's citizens u have to give them free housing, free salary..... all those things cost money which countries cant overshoot in their budget...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by NeverLost: 10:55am On Apr 30, 2023
I don't know how old you're but this write up portrays you as someone who is still enjoying the provisioning and benefits of living with your parents. You said they enjoy the benefits of the war-torn country, but mind you they are not citizens by any means! Should they lost their lives just because they are making a living in another country? Hell NO! Maybe in the future you'll find yourself in such situations , kindly stay back and fight for your host country 😁

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by Tonytonex(m): 10:56am On Apr 30, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Exactly my thought.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by oluwaseyi0: 10:58am On Apr 30, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Same reason your parent is not paying the school fees of every drop out student out there

Same reason your parents is not providing food, clothing and shelter to every child in their town that can't afford it

So let's take Nigeria for example, Nigerian in Nigeria are over 200 million, French in Nigeria are probably less than 10 thousands

If Nigeria start a war you expect France or America to airlift over 200 million Nigerian to France a country with less than 100m population

15 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Congratulates Adeleke, Commends Oyetola / PDP Chair Bamanga Tukur Is Boko Haram Spokesman - Oritsejafor / Akpabio Will Reclaim His Senatorial Seat — Etekamba Umoren, Ex-SSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.