Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries (13642 Views)

Terror Threat: US Moves To Evacuate Citizens, Embassy Staff From Nigeria / Nigerian Government To Evacuate Citizens In Ukraine As War Escalates / Fani Kayode Reacts As US, France, Germany, Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:58am On Apr 30, 2023
advanceDNA:

Evacuation of citizens of the war-thorn countries also happen....thats how many pple are granted asylum in the uk and US.

..if u know hoe many citizens of somalia, Oman, syria, etc are in Uk, US and france...u go shock.... still countries cant over do beyond their budget.......if u evacuate other country's citizens u have to give them free housing, free salary..... all those things cost money which countries cant overshoot in their budget...
US do their best really. But countries like China will never save any single soul
Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by helinues: 10:58am On Apr 30, 2023
BigotedNaptu:

Your bigoted minister Abike Dabiri refused to use his planes and opted for a rickety cargo plane instead because the burning pain in her heart could not accept the fact that an Igbo man was going to save Nigerians yet again.

Could you provide evidence of Abike Dabiri rejecting Air Peace offer?

Must you people always lie ridiculously?

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by bassdow: 11:00am On Apr 30, 2023
TUANKU:

Please point out the insult in my comment let retract it.

you might have to spot the sentiments in your comment first
Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by bassdow: 11:02am On Apr 30, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

It's dumb because you also don't have citizens who get abadoned while the people they host get evacuated.

Assuming there is a war in Nigeria, Your parents are trying to run away, all of a sudden an aeroplane appears in your village to evacuate Ghananians whom your parents have always played good host to. They leave your parents to death.

My question is why can't those Ghananians be evacuated with your parents? Can you figure it better now?

nice question

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by captainamiedi1: 11:03am On Apr 30, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Benefits? Lol. An American citizen in Nigeria lives a far larger life than Nigerians. So where is the benefits?

Table turn and tell me how it looks like? A Nigerian living in American. Oya let's go.
They can't suffer from your bad leadership and also die your death. It's not worth it
Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by Christistruth02: 11:04am On Apr 30, 2023
The Government of a Country is like the role of a father

If your Children are stuck in a War Zone what would a responsible father do?

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by bassdow: 11:06am On Apr 30, 2023
captainamiedi1:

The benefits you enjoy as a citizen, non citizens don't enjoy it. So when it's time for war enjoy it too. Most war are caused by citizens and citizens should be allowed to settle their difference.
another [reasonable] [somewhat sensible] [sentimental] point
Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by flexyrule(m): 11:09am On Apr 30, 2023
BigotedNaptu:

Your bigoted minister Abike Dabiri refused to use his planes and opted for a rickety cargo plane instead because the burning pain in her heart could not accept the fact that an Igbo man was going to save Nigerians yet again.
Chief. Please rest!!!!

You're everywhere this morning and I think you're beginning to cry more than the bereaved.

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by Idoko619(m): 11:11am On Apr 30, 2023
captainamiedi1:

The benefits you enjoy as a citizen, non citizens don't enjoy it. So when it's time for war enjoy it too. Most war are caused by citizens and citizens should be allowed to settle their difference.

The most reasonable answer
Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by Badguy77(m): 11:12am On Apr 30, 2023
AsomArchitectNG:

Was that necessary?
Was the question not dump?

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by Idoko619(m): 11:13am On Apr 30, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Benefits? Lol. An American citizen in Nigeria lives a far larger life than Nigerians. So where is the benefits?

Another dumb question.

Shey foreigner is entitled to family land abi government job or political office.

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by ModCaller: 11:14am On Apr 30, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

It's dumb because you also don't have citizens who get abadoned while the people they host get evacuated.

Assuming there is a war in Nigeria, Your parents are trying to run away, all of a sudden an aeroplane appears in your village to evacuate Ghananians whom your parents have always played good host to. They leave your parents to death.

My question is why can't those Ghananians be evacuated with your parents? Can you figure it better now?

Because evacuation is not free. It costs real money and logistics. A country is only loyal to its citizens, not other citizens.

Is that so hard to figure out?

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by Abbeytoy(m): 11:15am On Apr 30, 2023
A lot of people just comment in the name of saying something and ignore Op's point.

The question he raised is why can't they rescue the host too?

I don't know what to say to it, but I believe that is why we have asylum, and no matter what we'll always be the first in any situation in life

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by Remudiagan: 11:17am On Apr 30, 2023
Dumb question. If your daughter is in an abusive marriage you go abandon am Abi?

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by omoadeleye(m): 11:18am On Apr 30, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
I do not subscribe that anyone should die. America started this questionable character but I think it's evil.

You live in a country. You make money in that country. You enjoy all the facilities. You date their men and women. You enjoy their food. You enjoy all the benefits.

But when war breaks out, you abbadon them. Why can't your country evacuate their citizens alongside you? Is death only meant for them. Many of them do not partake in the violence. This is my argument.

Like, i always wondered too.
Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by MemoriesAndMe: 11:19am On Apr 30, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

It's just normal for every country to make effort to evacuate only their citizens in such situations, you can't evacuate citizens of that country alongside yours unless some criteria and refugee documentations are met.

After all, when foreigners are being deported from different countries, it's just the foreigners that are deported, not the citizens of that country. It's just how it works everywhere in the world. No country wants to lose its entire population and no country wants to absorb all the citizens of another country into its own economy.

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by Abuventure: 11:20am On Apr 30, 2023
Op your question is Noble. For instance if war breaks in Nigeria you will first of all take your family to a safer place before coming for other despite the fact they are the same citizens as your family. Besides there are some previledge that are only meant for the citizens.

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:24am On Apr 30, 2023
MemoriesAndMe:

It's just normal for every country to make effort to evacuate only their citizens in such situations, you can't evacuate citizens of that country alongside yours unless some criteria and refugee documentations are met.

After all, when foreigners are being deported from different countries, it's just the foreigners that are deported, not the citizens of that country. It's just how it works everywhere in the world. No country wants to lose its entire population and no country wants to absorb all the citizens of another country into its own economy.
Well nice response. I like the part you mentioned deportation. However, I believe there should be a united nations law providing that evacuation should be made 7:2 for the ratio of non citizens to citizens. This way we can be more human.
Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by Ekpekus(m): 11:25am On Apr 30, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
I do not subscribe that anyone should die. America started this questionable character but I think it's evil.

You live in a country. You make money in that country. You enjoy all the facilities. You date their men and women. You enjoy their food. You enjoy all the benefits.

But when war breaks out, you abbadon them. Why can't your country evacuate their citizens alongside you? Is death only meant for them. Many of them do not partake in the violence. This is my argument.
Destiny is per head per head. Just like individuals, when wahala start, then you will understand the saying "God for everyone, but all man for themselves"
Na nature be that.
Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by lexy2014: 11:25am On Apr 30, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

you can assist them. cant you?
Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by LZAA: 11:25am On Apr 30, 2023
It's called common sense
Your citizens have no business with that country's conflict whether they have dual Nationality or not
Also have you seen what Somalia, iraq,yemen,libya did to foreign citizens caught in conflicts?

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by 2whiteangel(f): 11:30am On Apr 30, 2023
[quote author=TUANKU post=122835944]You won't be asking this dumb question if or your family members are in such a situation.
It's called civic responsibility and its morally right.

This manner of your is total zero
Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by JohnPortar: 11:37am On Apr 30, 2023
BigotedNaptu:
C130s cargo planes have no seats which means that Nigeria plans to airlift its citizens on a 6-hour journey sitting on the bare floor while there are free Boeing 747s in the Air Peace fleet to comfortably ferry them home safely.

The Nigerian Government prefers to transport its citizens as cargo not as decent humans.

All these just to avoid having it on record that an Igbo man saved the day again.

This is a new low.

Kabul to Qatar is over 6hrs.

This is the US evacuating citizens and Afghans from Kabul to Qatar.

Sometimes I wonder if people like you are naturally stupid or you put extra efforts everyday.

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by RemoveKebab: 11:39am On Apr 30, 2023
O.P ignore those insulting you for this question.
It shows how low they are on maturity.
That's why nairaland is far from reaching Quora

Going to the question there are alot of political risk if a citizen of a country is in conflict zone.

Warring factions may hold those citizens on ransom when captured and used for propaganda Or to negotiate unfavorable terms.
If all goes wrong

Your opposition at home will use that against you.
And can assure you just forget about your re election.

Example was the Iran/us hostages crises in 80s

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by Hassanmaye(m): 11:39am On Apr 30, 2023
TUANKU:
You won't be asking this dumb question if or your family members are in such a situation.
It's called civic responsibility and its morally right.
Hahahhahahaha
Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by omisanjo(m): 11:44am On Apr 30, 2023
That's d same plane the almighty America u worship are using to evacuate deir citizen. No sane country or airline will allow a commercial plane like Boeing to airlift civilians in a war situation. Shotiye EEE.
BigotedNaptu:
C130s cargo planes have no seats which means that Nigeria plans to airlift its citizens on a 6-hour journey sitting on the bare floor while there are free Boeing 747s in the Air Peace fleet to comfortably ferry them home safely.

The Nigerian Government prefers to transport its citizens as cargo not as decent humans.

All these just to avoid having it on record that an Igbo man saved the day again.

This is a new low.

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by AnyanwuSilas: 11:44am On Apr 30, 2023
How did this stupid question make front page?
Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by Innobee99(m): 11:47am On Apr 30, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Please don't waste ur time for that werey abeg

Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by BJanta: 11:48am On Apr 30, 2023
Warring countries and NOT ' war countries '
Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by unity004(m): 11:48am On Apr 30, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

Same reason your parent is not paying the school fees of every drop out student out there

Same reason your parents is not providing food, clothing and shelter to every child in their town that can't afford it
So let's take Nigeria for example, Nigerian in Nigeria are over 200 million, French in Nigeria are probably less than 10 thousands

If Nigeria start a war you expect France or America to airlift over 200 million Nigerian to France a country with less than 100m population
. This is the best answer for op
Re: Why Do Countries Evacuate Citizens In War Countries by 7upnigeria: 11:50am On Apr 30, 2023
You made sense but didn't have to result in insult... The op only express a concern that needs clarification

See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide.

Me:
I will advise you shouldn't take things here too serious. Different people here with different upbringing. Some people's life is completely damaged due to drugs, abuse etc. JUST THE WAY EVERYBODY IN OUR SOCIETY CANT REASON LIKE YOU or be your friend, once you identify such people, just IGNORE them and dont let it affect you. Their opinions about you dont matter at all because they dont even know you.

Lagos Unveils Mega Rice Processing Factory / Boko Haram Demands N26bn From FG, Borno Government / Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49