Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,181 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) (36982 Views)

Moment Tourists Woke Up To 3 Lions Licking Water Off Their Tent In Botswana (vid / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by inoki247: 8:02pm On May 02, 2023
cucumbar:
that you got tired does not mean that those countries are not better than Nigeria.

Lol read the comment again did u see me saying isn't better than Nigeria they've everything we don't have in Nigeria....

Buh I guess everyone can't see life the same....

Dere is one of my post I even said if we are talking about development we can use Egypt as Yardstick we can learn from dem....

So getting tired of somewhere doesn't mean is bad...

Just read again and try process am I didn't know where I mentioned the countries are bad...
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by pansophist(m): 8:08pm On May 02, 2023
sotall:
cool

You are paid per hour and you earn between €120-200 Euro daily depending on who you are working for. Just calculate the amount you will get if you work 20 days in a month.

Which country and job do illegal immigrant does where they can earn between 120-200 euros daily?
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by tommy589(m): 8:18pm On May 02, 2023
Treadway:
nice discourse...however, I am committed to dismissing this non-factual statement whenever I read it. Diaspora temittance (around $20b) is 4% of national GDP (over $500b)....that is NOT very significant. What you should have said is that remittances are a significant source of Forex. Big big difference.

Remember the 96% and not just the 4% as far as total productivity ie. GDP is concerned.

Are you saying the GDP figures you talk about has direct positive bearing on an average Nigerian?

With minimum wage of less than $50 for those lucky to get Federal and state employment. While most in private establishments receives less. Is it going to be this hard for an average Nigerian,if it were to be possible that half of $2000 GDP per capital is truly utilised

When you consider education, health and other sectors getting huge budget with nothing to show for it.That small 4% in dollars that escaped government corruption touch lives and goes around than the big 96%
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by GeneralPula: 9:14pm On May 02, 2023
cucumbar:
how can you say SA is not better than Nigeria? In what capacity? Are you sure you have really been to SA?
Sure, including Mauritius beside SA..

Let me ask you bro - in what capacity is SA better than Nigeria?
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by Love800(m): 9:38pm On May 02, 2023
I appreciate.

But if am legal in the country, wat process will i follow to start the business? Just say i should ask, if u got any idea
Ashirioluwa:

It is possible, but Rome was not built in a day. You need to get your work permit first and work a little bit for a few years. Then you can study the market to know what products are marketable and how to register a business. My friend, you need to do your feasibility study well because you don't want to jump in and jump out.

Even if you want to do cooking or restaurant business, you will still need to study the area because you don't want to open an African restaurant in a white or Indian-dominated area because if you do, no one will buy your food. Also, you can't just wake up and open a business like we do here in Nigeria. You need to follow a process to open a business.
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by Love800(m): 9:41pm On May 02, 2023
I appreciate.

But if am legal in the country for example, wat process will i still follow again?
OGHENAOGIE:
na legal resident fit do these one na and process go de too...
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by Treadway: 9:42pm On May 02, 2023
tommy589:

Are you saying the GDP figures you talk about has direct positive bearing on an average Nigerian?

With minimum wage of less than $50 for those lucky to get Federal and state employment. While most in private establishments receives less. Is it going to be this hard for an average Nigerian,if it were to be possible that half of $2000 GDP per capital is truly utilised

When you consider education, health and other sectors getting huge budget with nothing to show for it.That small 4% in dollars that escaped government corruption touch lives and goes around than the big 96%
I will explain this once. I hope you listen, and more importantly understand. As men, we have to be more logical and rational than what I see on display a lot here.

GDP in economics is defined as the the total monetary or market value of all the finished goods and services produced within a country's borders in a specific time frame, usu a year. This has nothing to do with all you have said now about corruption and what not. GDP is the figure showing the total productivity of Nigerians even despite all the aforementioned issues you raised and the corruption. So what it simply means is that we had a GDP of over 500billion dollars, and you have disapora remittance standing at around 20billion (4%) it is silly to say that it is significant compared to 480billion (96%). It is just common sense .

Now like I have said and still saying, the country's Forex reserve now stands at about 35billion USD, this despite japa wave which leads to huge capital flight also running into billions of USD, and not also forgetting foreign debts etc. But to stay on point, we can clearly see how diaspora remittance is significant source of Forex inflow. That something is significant for Forex inflow doesn't translate to being significant for GDP. It is basic mathematics. 20 is significant to 35, not to 500.

Also, no one I know is dependent on any person abroad. I have never received even a pen from anybody abroad as a child, teen or adult. If there are a horde of people somewhere waiting cap in hand for someone abroad as their means to survive, my advice would be they should be more intentional and productive with their lives one way or another.
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by Love800(m): 10:04pm On May 02, 2023
I appreciate.

But for instance am legal in the country, wat process am i going to still follow to start the business? Just say i should ask if u got any idea
sotall:

Sure you can. But there are processes to follow and certain conditions to be met for you to be given the license to operate the business.

Hence as a jjc in Europe, you have to do 9-5 if you have a working visa or do menial jobs if you are illegal.
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by tommy589(m): 10:41pm On May 02, 2023
Treadway:
I will explain this once. I hope you listen, and more importantly understand. As men, we have to be more logical and rational than what I see on display a lot here.

GDP in economics is defined as the the total monetary or market value of all the finished goods and services produced within a country's borders in a specific time frame, usu a year. This has nothing to do with all you have said now about corruption and what not. GDP is the figure showing the total productivity of Nigerians even despite all the aforementioned issues you raised and the corruption. So what it simply means is that we had a GDP of over 500billion dollars, and you have disapora remittance standing at around 20billion (4%) it is silly to say that it is significant compared to 480billion (96%). It is just common sense.

Now like I have said and still saying, the country's Forex reserve now stands at about 35billion USD, this despite japa wave which leads to huge capital flight also running into billions of USD, and not also forgetting foreign debts etc. But to stay on point, we can clearly see how diaspora remittance is significant source of Forex inflow. That something is significant for Forex inflow doesn't translate to being significant for GDP. It is basic mathematics. 20 is significant to 35, not to 480.

Also, no one I know is dependent on any person abroad. I have never received even a pen from anybody abroad as a child, teen or adult. If there are a horde of people somewhere waiting cap in hand for someone abroad as their means to survive, my advice would be they should be more intentional and productive with their lives one way or another.

Just like you don't depend directly on anyone abroad, so is someone on subsistence farming don't wait on GDP growth

But if we look at it deeply we depend on each other for survival.From the point of buying, shipping vehicles from abroad to Nigeria, has your car business,at anytime never had little input from diasporan?
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by Melagros(m): 10:50pm On May 02, 2023
sotall:
cool

First this guy is just catching cruise and did that video for social media.

Whatever he is trying to portray in the video is very far from the reality of most migrants living in Europe whether legal or illegal.

Yes, Europe is not easy and them no dey pluck money for ground but trust me if you are ready to work and not lazy, you will live comfortably and even have savings.

For those that came through the sea , you will be restricted from doing formal jobs until you can change your status to a working visa. I have seen so many people who came through this route and its only a matter of time, you will get the opportunity to be a given a work visa whilch will later lead to permanent residency. Pending when you get this work visa, you can do menial jobs which are very well paid e.g working in farms and gardens of private citizens. You are paid per hour and you earn between €120-200 Euro daily depending on who you are working for. Just calculate the amount you will get if you work 20 days in a month.

For those that have a valid visa on arrival in Europe, the only thing you need is a hustle mindset. So many opportunities await you if you are ready to work.

Forget this video they did, its for cruise.
Exactly
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by jubrilELsudan: 11:15pm On May 02, 2023
MENTALITY OF A TYPICAL NIGERIAN

EUROPEANS WEY DEM BORN FOR THERE WITH FULL ANCESTRAL CITIZENSHIP NEVER MAKE AM THEN NA YOU A BLACK REFUGEE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT WEY JUST GO THERE LAST YEAR GO MAKE AM NOW

Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by Ashirioluwa: 11:15pm On May 02, 2023
Love800:
I appreciate.

But if am legal in the country, wat process will i follow to start the business? Just say i should ask, if u got any idea

Go to the county or local office where you live to ask how to obtain a business license or permit.
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by cucumbar: 11:16pm On May 02, 2023
GeneralPula:

Sure, including Mauritius beside SA..

Let me ask you bro - in what capacity is SA better than Nigeria?
I asked you first. What’s the basis of comparison?
I’m not sure you’ve been to SA otherwise you won’t say this.

1 Like

Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by godwon01(m): 11:43pm On May 02, 2023
What I think happened is this, he is on his way to enter UK. He is probably at Calais boader between France and the UK .Just waiting for opportunities for UK immigration to sleep off before crossing through the Channels Tunnel. It is only in that place you can see that type of Ghetto. I wish him happy crossings. IJN. He will get there.
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by akilo1: 11:43pm On May 02, 2023
If only you can have faith and put your best ..in 2012 when I traveled to Dubai, things don't work out the first time ,I end up in Kenya and I stay almost a place similar to this ,I did not give up but I almost give up,I returned back to Dubai and able to get a small job,,from there God pick up my call and today i,I am in USA with 10 years greencard ,working legit and making thousands of dollar ,bro don't give up ..pray as I believe the God of the night hour won't leave you without blessing your hustle
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by lastburn(m): 1:33am On May 03, 2023
Rubbish! Come back home if you not comfortable. No one is forcing you to make it out there
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by sotall(m): 3:59am On May 03, 2023
pansophist:

Which country and job do illegal immigrant does where they can earn between 120-200 euros daily?

It id not as easy as you are reading it.
Like you dont just come to Europe and meet employers on the street hiring illegals.

It takes a lot of time to get used to the system and Know people that have these jobs.

Many of these people will not even give you the job for fear of the authorities. It takes time before you can beat the system.
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by Originalsly: 5:00am On May 03, 2023
sotall:
cool

First this guy is just catching cruise and did that video for social media.

Whatever he is trying to portray in the video is very far from the reality of most migrants living in Europe whether legal or illegal.

Yes, Europe is not easy and them no dey pluck money for ground but trust me if you are ready to work and not lazy, you will live comfortably and even have savings.

For those that came through the sea , you will be restricted from doing formal jobs until you can change your status to a working visa. I have seen so many people who came through this route and its only a matter of time, you will get the opportunity to be a given a work visa whilch will later lead to permanent residency. Pending when you get this work visa, you can do menial jobs which are very well paid e.g working in farms and gardens of private citizens. You are paid per hour and you earn between €120-200 Euro daily depending on who you are working for. Just calculate the amount you will get if you work 20 days in a month.

For those that have a valid visa on arrival in Europe, the only thing you need is a hustle mindset. So many opportunities await you if you are ready to work.

Forget this video they did, its for cruise.

It is people like you that mislead others and guide them to a life of misery..

Go to Europe ... legally or not ... be willing to work hard ... it's only a matter of time you will be given the opportunity to get work permit ... (who will refuse?) .... which will lead to permanent residency.

So why is this one living in tent? Is he waiting for work permit? .. or permanent residency?... maybe he's working on a farm for 120 to 200 Euros/day and want to save? No doubt... most migrants do better but this is a reality for him and many more and some even worse. I just can't understand how people will spend millions to go abroad with one big leap of faith More to follow!
I
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by hodari: 5:51am On May 03, 2023
So called abroad don cast long time ago. See California USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRWmKh13b50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzLC48jZPrc

The richest state in America looks like Makoko. Something is very wrong.
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by asala1: 6:44am On May 03, 2023
headboyprince:
see your mouth like social support...Nigerians like you are so stuppid.. they're always uick to display their ignorance.. no wonder Cows are ruling you, you dey talk social support... grin
Why are you so angry? I pray you find relief in whatsoever you are going through.
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by asala1: 6:48am On May 03, 2023
Akaegwu:
No social support in your country.
African sand Asians have good social support network.
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by GeneralPula: 6:56am On May 03, 2023
cucumbar:
I asked you first. What’s the basis of comparison?
I’m not sure you’ve been to SA otherwise you won’t say this.
My initial post, I didn’t compare SA/Nigeria..

I said SA isn’t better than Nigeria and that’s it!

SA is a good country but definitely not better than Nigeria..
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by MASTERMIND04(m): 8:11am On May 03, 2023
clockwisereport:
If abroad tire you, come back make another person go.
grin grin grin
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by headboyprince(m): 8:11am On May 03, 2023
mmsen:

You don’t know what I have or do not have.

The more I read this forum the more I’ve come to accept that the problem with Nigeria is the people.

People move to Nigeria from Asia and thrive but Nigerians genuinely believe that being a slave in Europe is better than being a sovereign human being in Africa. It’s terrifying how foolish some (most?) of you are.
so for your mind you're a sovereign being.. Living in a jungle.. grin

Haha, even president and elite politician who are the true sovereign being refers to be a slave in Europe because they know say Nigeria an zoo..

hoe much you a nobody... cheesy yes you're a God forsaken nobody.... grin

an ordinary toilet washers in Europe will feed you and your entire family...

dey play just dey play .. grin grin
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by Treadway: 9:28am On May 03, 2023
tommy589:

Just like you don't depend directly on anyone abroad, so is someone on subsistence farming don't wait on GDP growth

But if we look at it deeply we depend on each other for survival.From the point of buying, shipping vehicles from abroad to Nigeria, has your car business,at anytime never had little input from diasporan?

my car business is international trade na. Money didn't come into the country, it left the country. Na car(s) came into the country, and I added to the GDP by paying custom duties. As soon as I buy that oil filter and that Mobil 5w30 (black cover) to service it, I have added to the GDP yet again.
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by cucumbar: 3:26pm On May 03, 2023
GeneralPula:

My initial post, I didn’t compare SA/Nigeria..

I said SA isn’t better than Nigeria and that’s it!

SA is a good country but definitely not better than Nigeria..

if you say one thing is not better than the other, then you are comparing, pally.

SA is far far better than Nigeria. Don’t get it twisted. No talk am again abeg make I no vex for you.
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by millionboi2: 7:20pm On May 03, 2023
DREAMHOMES6970:
He has 500% chance of making a change8 in his life than someone stuck here in Nigeria earning #50,000. Currently now in Nigeria #1,000,000 will hardly start up anything for you. So what is the hope of someone that is even earning #100,000 that has family, and how many people are earning #100,000 monthly. Shuttle bus that was #700,000 last two years is now about #2.2m. so for this guy if there's nothing to be happy about. He should be happy that he has escaped Nigeria. That's he's first step to success. He should also endeavor to find something doing by all means and know the reason he is there. It's not surprising that those that have made it in Nigeria, I mean people living fine are still finding ways to escape this country, should we talk about our politicians, business moguls who have all their families abroad. Nigeria to our politicians is only a hustling ground where they embezzle money to go and live fine abroad. So like I said he has taken a first step to success by living this country. All he needs to do now is work hard and also get rid of the mentality that no one is looking out for him now. No one owes him anything
Stop making noise
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by easytig(m): 10:47pm On May 03, 2023
You no even say goat for abroad,you dey call man's best friend dog
headboyprince:
dey play, Just dey play, its better to have even someone sleeping under the bridge is better than you living comfortable in Nigeria...

you think say Nigeria na country... ? nah... grin

it's a God-forsaken Zoo... ruled by animals in human skin...

many dogs in Europe have a better life than most Nigerians... cheesy

so shut your crappy mouth up... and stop consoling yourself because you no fit get visa... angry angry

1 Like

Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by LagBlogger(m): 7:31am On May 04, 2023
maestroferddi:
You are wasting my time...

You may have to do some reading on connotative inferences...

You don't expect me to make everything mundane and prosaic just to be in sync with your wavelength...

The question is " is diasporan remittances very significant to Nigeria's GDP?"

And my answer is a definitive YES...

If you are unable to think out of the box on this, that is your problem....

Prove your theory with facts not egotism. Thinking out of the box is not critical thinking and you need critical thinking to see things as they are.
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by LagBlogger(m): 7:32am On May 04, 2023
headboyprince:
dey play, Just dey play, its better to have even someone sleeping under the bridge is better than you living comfortable in Nigeria...

you think say Nigeria na country... ? nah... grin

it's a God-forsaken Zoo... ruled by animals in human skin...

many dogs in Europe have a better life than most Nigerians... cheesy

so shut your crappy mouth up... and stop consoling yourself because you no fit get visa... angry angry

You are very sick. What kind of evil talk is this.
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by millionboi2: 10:28am On May 04, 2023
Ibukune:

I am speaking from my own experience, 6 months is enough to stabilise when u move to Europe legitimately like I did, with a skill, certificate and hardworking. You will be fine in max 6 months.

Stop discouraging people from going to a country you have never been to, I have been in Nigeria, I have been in Europe. I know what I am saying.
shut up, that it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for others just shut up
Re: Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video) by headboyprince(m): 12:35pm On May 04, 2023
LagBlogger:

You are very sick. What kind of evil talk is this.
As sick as am ill still crush you, if you talk anyhow... cheesy My vaulence is no match for you... cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Current Status Of Kano 3 In 1 Underpass And Flyover (Pics) / Yankari Wikki Warm Springs Underwater Video & Photos / Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.