Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo (5535 Views)

Opobo: Town Where Keeping Dogs, Noise Making At Night Are Forbidden / Body Of Igwe Henry Ekwueme, Eze Ndi Igbo In China, Lands In Lagos Airport / Corpse Of Igwe Henry Ekwueme, Eze Ndi Igbo In China Packaged; To Be Flown To Nig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 7:34am On May 01, 2023
Armaggedon:
Some idiots will believe this.

I thought they said opobo isn't Igbo speaking

For your information, 70% of Rivers including
Opobo and bonny can speak or hear Igbo language.
you are arguing with your own self.....I bet you with 100k you can never dig out any post or claim that Opobo doesn't speak ibo.... your inability to understand writing is what causing you today..

No one has ever said Opobo doesn't speak ibo,,they only saying Opobo is not ibo....well, since u don use your brain take sell market finish..

well, for that reason,,,igbo speaking has been ban in public places and in schools..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by ljoh: 7:34am On May 01, 2023
baby124:

Not true. Most slaves in America have Igbo origin. Igbos were selling Igbos massively. So were SS’enrs. Yoruba were the very last to be sold. Only during the Yoruba civil war. Prior to that, it was only kidnapped Yoruba that got taken. But Igboland was a market.

I'm telling you Reality and you're saying saying something else, go to YouTube and watch for yourself,

Again, you will never see Ijaw, Efik, Ibibio and other minorities in the South South and even far central Africa like Cameroon, that's because Igbo DNA is dominant.
Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by NoFucksToGive: 7:37am On May 01, 2023
Okwyjesus:
Because of inter marriage with lgbo wives most town around Opobo, Bonny etc have lgbo language being spoken more than indegenious one. The natives do that to encourage their languages to avoid extinction. Bonny have done that earlier. I stay in Rivers

Please we should stop all this tribal rubbish.

Why is Yorubas selling their bigot like Gala.

It's the Yoruba that are always quick to put anything with a tribalism spin because that's their way.

This is natural because Ibo was the only language spoken in opobo so they are trying to save their language from extinction.

Even new born opobo kids could only speak Ibo so this is a good move

Forget the Yoruba trying to spin it in their usual tribalism
Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 7:37am On May 01, 2023
MASTAkiLLAh:
Most people commenting here don't know anything about Opobo. This so called law is also unconstitutional and a serious government ought to have cautioned him immediately if he indeed passed that law
oya come arrest am...

what is unconstitutional when someone passing a law for the People to speak their native language?
if language is that not important, they won't have teach it in schools na..
do you what it is to loss a language?
Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by JpBiz92: 7:44am On May 01, 2023
Tukpa8:
you are arguing with your own self.....I bet you with 100k you can never dig out any post or claim that Opobo doesn't speak ibo.... your inability to understand writing is what causing you today..

No one has ever said Opobo doesn't speak ibo,,they only saying Opobo is not ibo....well, since u don use your brain take sell market finish..

well, for that reason,,,igbo speaking has been ban in public places and in schools..

go and patch your leaky brain.

Like who will enforce the law?
So Nigerian police will arrest someone speaking Igbo in opobo or the amanyanampadabo will be moving around the whole town with his masquerade costume checking who spoke Igbo and who spoke ijaw
Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 7:46am On May 01, 2023
Gustavowhite:
Amayanabo is ijaw quite alright
But why is opobo Igbo speaking,did ndigbo colonize them?
that's why you see the king banning the Igbo language their.

igbo language became the number 1 speaking language in Opobo because of slave trade..
The people of Ijaws who buy buy and sell igbo slaves to white men caused it.

because of the Igbos slave buying,,the Igbos became so much in the land.....and the reason it forbidden for a slave to speak the master's language caused it all....they refused the ibos to learn the Ijaw language because they they were slaves,,so the ibos only speaking their language and the natives began speaking it with them gradually.....
Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 7:56am On May 01, 2023
OfoIgbo:
Please all these landgrabbing attempts won't work.

Where is the official proclamation by the Igbo king of Opobo, declaring the ban on Igbo language in his Igbo kingdom of Opobo?
wow! I never knew he was banning national language like english.. nama brain.

you want to find it on google,,why didn't google carried everything thing your kings in the south east are saying? obori brain.

I am posting to the public what happened in palace and you are looking for it was said in CNN or vanguard.... If you want it to be on CNN then carry CNN officials to go interview him on the proclamation..reasoning like obori.

A kingdom will put law for themselves and then it will be on CNN,,as if it concern CNN or the General public..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 8:04am On May 01, 2023
JpBiz92:
go and patch your leaky brain.

Like who will enforce the law?
So Nigerian police will arrest someone speaking Igbo in opobo or the amanyanampadabo will be moving around the whole town with his masquerade costume checking who spoke Igbo and who spoke ijaw
how are you reasoning?
how are your eze banishing people found wanting? is he moving around the kingdom with his masquerade wears to catch taboo committers to banished?

reason properly, please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by JpBiz92: 8:05am On May 01, 2023
Tukpa8:

igbo language became the number 1 speaking language in Opobo because of slave trade..

because of the Igbos slave buying,,the Igbos became so much in the land.....and the reason it forbidden for a slave to speak the master's language caused it all....they refused the ibos to learn the Ijaw language because they they were slaves,,so the ibos only speaking their language and the natives began speaking it with them gradually.....
grin grin grin grin grin

With this type of brain, little wonder south west states do not perform well in exams...

So slaves are prohibited from speaking the master's language and the masters now stoop so low to the extent of learning the slave's language and the slave's language later displaced the master's language..

Funny stupid people everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 8:06am On May 01, 2023
kettykin:
Facebook stories are now someone's hope of causing division between igbos of opobo and igbos of South East
it is direct from the palace of Amanyanabo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 8:10am On May 01, 2023
Masterclass32:
Igbo this, Igbo that, morning, afternoon, night. Una no dey tire?

Always trying to sow discord between Igbos and other tribes.

Assuming what you alleged was true, why not leave the Igbos to worry about it, if indeed it is worth worrying about? The day the yoruba realize that this 'great rivalry ' they think they have with the Igbo only exists in their imagination, maybe that day all this pathological obsession would stop.
why did you comment?
So how do want me to put the post?
Ok, I should twist the it to say Amanyanabo ban hausa language in Opobo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by ljoh: 8:14am On May 01, 2023
Tukpa8:
we have ban your language in Opobo,, that's our message to you Igbos..... whether you see us as your brothers or not we don't give fvck, what we know, we never brothers ,,,God never created twins ethnicities...he created every ethnicity seperately, so no lonely unity begger today can change what God created,,,so keep wasting your efforts begging us.

How can you ban a language, how do you ban people from speaking their language and how is that possible?
This show you're an ignoramus, I know you can't present proof for your claim.

More than 90% of Igbo people don't know that Ijaw exists.

That picture shows that others from the South West and North see you as Igbo whether you like it or not. That woman was beaten because she is from SE or SS, even if they knew she's a Bayelsan they wouldn't still let her vote because she would vote PDP or LP.

1 Like

Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 8:16am On May 01, 2023
baby124:
Nothing online about such directive. Fake news.
the post didn't say governor ban igbo language in Opobo..
The post didn't say local government chairman ban Igbo language in Opobo..

The post only say a kingdom ruler ban the speaking of igbo in public places and in schools so that the people of the kingdom will fully switched to the Ijaw language...

Well, if you want it to be on google, then go interview him with CNN.

how many policies of a kingdom have you seen on google? nama brain is always nama brain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 8:17am On May 01, 2023
Brimstone77:

Maybe igbos in the south east are also the ones speaking igbos in all the south south region..

I'm waiting for your manyanga or whatever to go and tell asaba people to stop speaking Igbo as well..

Some of you are brainless,if they arrest me for speaking Igbo in public what will happen?

Charge me to court or banish me from my village..

Hate can make one look stvpid!
Opobo is Ijaw land,,,,,so the king have right to do that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Bridget95(f): 8:21am On May 01, 2023
ChiefJusticeFuc:

the king is particular about Igbo language abd for good reason.

Any other language in the world is still allowed except Igbo.

can you not see why ?

The king has it on good authority that you cretins have been claiming his domain as part of okoro land.

note only heebo is banned because you land grabbers have been laying claim to Opobo because they speak Igbo language despite it not being their mother tongue .

tells a lot why no one wants to be culturally affiliated with you since you covetous land thieves will use it as an excuse to claim their territory to be heebo.

This is how the Ikwere had to change Igbo sounding names in PH and Rivers after the civil war so as to dinstiguish themselves from you.

Chai!
what value is your education?

Probably you are still with your mother at 40 ?
Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by ljoh: 8:22am On May 01, 2023
GreatBoss:
I just called my friend Meshack Jaja to confirm the ban. He said its true.

My friend said its lie
Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 8:24am On May 01, 2023
ljoh:

How can you ban a language, how do you ban people from speaking their language and how is that possible?
This show you're an ignoramus, I know you can't present proof for your claim.

More than 90% of Igbo people don't know that Ijaw exists.

That picture shows that others from the South West and North see you as Igbo whether you like it or not. That woman was beaten because she is from SE or SS, even if they knew she's a Bayelsan they wouldn't still let her vote because she would vote PDP or LP.
we don't care, we have banned the miserable language in our midst.
It is now a joyous moment for us...

Lonely go kill igbos..they have no brothers,,,no alliess......so you people are now desperate to find brothers on ground......then pay us money if you want us to be your brothers
Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 8:32am On May 01, 2023
JpBiz92:
grin grin grin grin grin

With this type of brain, little wonder south west states do not perform well in exams...

So slaves are prohibited from speaking the master's language and the masters now stoop so low to the extent of learning the slave's language and the slave's language later displaced the master's language..

Funny stupid people everywhere
you don't know that that era was war era,,,and they era people don't allowed people to learn their language because it will be advantage and disadvantage in war to the aliens and the owners.
but you too small to understand this...indomie generation.

reason they join igbos in speaking the ibo,,
they kept their language aside as sacred one,,,then communicate with the slaves in the language they will understand,,the language the slaves understand was igbo so they had no choice that to speak it to them since their own language is kept away the slaves sacred one.

Hope you understand now kid?
Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 8:36am On May 01, 2023
Brek:
USELESS PROPAGANDA!!!!!!!
FAKE NEWS
it is not news,,but update on the Ijaw house, which I post part of it to public on my own..

the update is from Opobo King to the Ijaw traditional council,,then it circulate to all Ijaw houses because it good development,,,so I on my own decide to forward it to nairaland..
Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 8:38am On May 01, 2023
Bridget95:
where did they cause trouble? Why can't you condemn evil? Where is it wrong in the world to speak whatever language you can. Nigerian constitution didn't give any traditional ruler to force his dialect on people.
it is not forced but it is to restored the language of the natives..
Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Gustavowhite(m): 8:39am On May 01, 2023
Tukpa8:

na story You dey talk so
So the ijaw prefered the language of slaves to their own language,that means ijaw language is a lesser language for the people of opobo to chose Igbo instead of ijaw
You can’t ban a people from speaking their mother tongue,Igbo language will always prevail in opoboland

Take it to the bank

2 Likes

Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by ljoh: 8:44am On May 01, 2023
Tukpa8:
we don't care, we have banned the miserable language in our midst.
It is now a joyous moment for us...

Lonely go kill igbos..they have no brothers,,,no alliess......so you people are now desperate to find brothers on ground......then pay us money if you want us to be your brothers

Who be We ?
You're not from Opobo but here shouting we. go face your Bayelsa.
Like I said only a fool will believe this news.
Who are your allies? Yoruba, Fulani, Kanuri?
it's better to be alone than in bad company
I know you don't speak for Ijaw people.

Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 8:45am On May 01, 2023
Brek:

It's fake news
it not a news but...it an update update from Opobo King to the Ijaw Nation.....only Ijaw people know it...I only post it to public on my own..
if you want it to be public, then sent me money let me go interview the king..or you and I can go but you will have to pay my transport..
Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 8:49am On May 01, 2023
AdolfHitlerxXx:

They are "powerful" yet 3rd Class citizens enslaved by Ijaw, a minority tribe.

Asari said it and you cowards ran away in your wives skirts.

Powerful yet neither permitted to rule nor given independence by Yoruba and Hausa Masters. grin

A chained bingo you feed and flog whenever you like... barking and calling itself the master of the house cheesy grin cheesy
Ijaws are not minorities please...I don't know why this census was postponed.
Ijaw tribe is equalled with igbo in population.
Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by OfoIgbo: 8:56am On May 01, 2023
Tukpa8:
wow! I never knew he was banning national language like english.. nama brain.

you want to find it on google,,why didn't google carried everything thing your kings in the south east are saying? obori brain.

I am posting to the public what happened in palace and you are looking for it was said in CNN or vanguard.... If you want it to be on CNN then carry CNN officials to go interview him on the proclamation..reasoning like obori.

A kingdom will put law for themselves and then it will be on CNN,,as if it concern CNN or the General public..

See painment grin grin

Such proclamations will be in an official release that will be published, bearing the signature of the king.

You can't even show us a video of the Igbo king of Opobo, telling people in his palace that Igbo should no longer be spoken in Opobo.

Show us proof. We are no fools

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 8:59am On May 01, 2023
ljoh:

Who be We ?
You're not from Opobo but here shouting we. go face your Bayelsa.
Like I said only a fool will believe this news.
Who are your allies? Yoruba, Fulani, Kanuri?
it's better to be alone than in bad company
I know you don't speak for Ijaw people.
I am not from Opobo,,but one Ijaw is all Ijaw.

and 2nd, we Ijaws speak one voice...here is my voice,,then you can go to another Ijaw and he will still speak same voice to you..

We Ijaws don't have allies but when it comes to politics,,,Hausas remain our best allies.....or maybe you need to go history..

Niger delta congress party always align with northern political party to fight NCNC of Igbos..

even recent election, we Ijaws didn't vote for obi....go check bayelsa result.

Also check this election result of olden days.
Then

Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 9:10am On May 01, 2023
Gustavowhite:
na story You dey talk so
So the ijaw prefered the language of slaves to their own language,that means ijaw language is a lesser language for the people of opobo to chose Igbo instead of ijaw
You can’t ban a people from speaking their mother tongue,Igbo language will always prevail in opoboland

Take it to the bank
indomie generation...in those days, people does not allow people to learn their language because it was war era.... People decline strangers or any non indigenes from learning their hosts language except they sworn an oath to switch tribe,....even in your holy bible you see it with israel how never allowed slaves or foreigners to go that deep in them.

The Ijaw was keep away from not only slaves but also from any strangers because it is for reason...
They speak ibo language because that's the only way they can communicate with their slaves as they kept their language sacred
Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by ljoh: 9:15am On May 01, 2023
Tukpa8:
I am not from Opobo,,but one Ijaw is all Ijaw.

and 2nd, we Ijaws speak one voice...here is my voice,,then you can go to another Ijaw and he will still speak same voice to you..

We Ijaws don't have allies but when it comes to politics,,,Hausas remain our best allies.....or maybe you need to go history..

Niger delta congress party always align with northern political party to fight NCNC of Igbos..

even recent election, we Ijaws didn't vote for obi....go check bayelsa result.

Also check this election result of olden days.
Then

Opobo is not Ijaw so they are not part of your 1 Ijaw, that's how you people are claiming territories in AkwaIbom. You don't have right to speak for Opobo.

I didn't mention Hausa in my post for a reason and you skip to mention Fulani for a reason.

Hausa people are politically, religiously and traditionally under Fulani so they have no political will on their own.

What's the picture you posted? It didn't make sense.

Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 9:19am On May 01, 2023
OfoIgbo:

See painment grin grin

Such proclamations will be in an official release that will be published, bearing the signature of the king.

You can't even show us a video of the Igbo king of Opobo, telling people in his palace that Igbo should no longer be spoken in Opobo.

Show us proof. We are no fools
it is official oo..

If you want to get prove other than what I am telling you,,then make a phone call to Opobo...or better you travel to Opobo..

if person like me,,the Tukpa of Ijaw Nation is telling you fact from Ijaw and you denying,,then go away...

I am the Ijaw Tukpa.
Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 9:20am On May 01, 2023
ljoh:

I'm telling you Reality and you're saying saying something else, go to YouTube and watch for yourself,

Again, you will never see Ijaw, Efik, Ibibio and other minorities in the South South and even far central Africa like Cameroon, that's because Igbo DNA is dominant.
it because Ijaws were not among slaves taken away
Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by ljoh: 9:24am On May 01, 2023
Tukpa8:
it because Ijaws were not among slaves taken away

Go and do your DNA ancestry test, I bet Igbo is dominant, same thing goes for neighbouring regions in Central Africa
Re: Amanyanabo Bans Igbo In Opobo by Tukpa8: 9:29am On May 01, 2023
ljoh:

Opobo is not Ijaw so they are not part of your 1 Ijaw, that's how you people are claiming territories in AkwaIbom. You don't have right to speak for Opobo.

I didn't mention Hausa in my post for a reason and you skip to mention Fulani for a reason.

Hausa people are politically, religiously and traditionally under Fulani so they have no political will on their own.

What's the picture you posted? It didn't make sense.
the picture I show was election results in the olden days...how our elders were aligning with northerners whether you called fulanis....what I know is Hausa.

Opobo is one of 86 clans of Ijaw.
No Opobo,,no Ijaw.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Was A Lesbian For 25 Years - / Would You Have A Wedding Reception At Mcdonalds / Pictures Of Nigeria Traditional Rulers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.