Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food (37429 Views)

Ebonyi Journalist, Godfrey Chikwere Faces 7 Years Imprisonment Over Hate Speech / Ebonyi Journalist, Godfrey Chikwere Hospitalised After Being Arrested By Police / Nigerian Journalist Suspended From Union For Publishing Fake Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by alezzy13: 9:31am On May 01, 2023
Umahi is one of the few governors I respect, but this is totally misplaced if you ask me.

Just how many people would be using the airport? Moreover Enugu's airport is just about 45 mins from Abakalliki town, and as such readily accessible.

Absolutely no need for this.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by Coly2012(m): 9:43am On May 01, 2023
Dafresh:

Oga I'm at Onitsha at Onitsha South Park and I was at Nnewi on Friday till Saturday the only thing I see Ebonyians doing is hawking nofin more
are you expecting to see them everywhere,ahhhh you wicked oooooo,I gave you specific locations naaa.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by RecentHistory: 11:00am On May 01, 2023
Bhella5:
Are there beggars in Ebonyi?

They are plenty beggars in the East. Very plenty.

Google "Ndi Ayoyo"
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by RecentHistory: 11:05am On May 01, 2023
Most of those insulting Umahi and talking down on Umahi are fellow Igbos.

The enemy of any Igbo man anywhere is another Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by Bhella5(m): 11:06am On May 01, 2023
RecentHistory:

They are plenty beggars in the East. Very plenty.

Google "Ndi Ayoyo"
You mean like almajiris grin
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by favour32(m): 11:26am On May 01, 2023
E don tey Ebonyi begin hungry.
Nor be today e start.
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by TERMlNATOR(m): 11:29am On May 01, 2023
Moferere:
So, Children eat leftover food in the East too?

Ndi developers
there are northern beggars everywhere

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by IPDGP: 11:48am On May 01, 2023
Nigeria governor's no want make u show thier bumbum outside
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by slowice(m): 11:49am On May 01, 2023
All I wanna say is That they don't really care about us.
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by RecentHistory: 11:49am On May 01, 2023
Bhella5:
You mean like almajiris grin

Worse than almajiris
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by MMWandali: 11:50am On May 01, 2023
Umahi
APC
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by legitnow1: 11:51am On May 01, 2023
NA YORUBA GO POST, NA YORUBA GO REPLY.'

NA YORUBA GO TIRE.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by almarthins(m): 11:52am On May 01, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
According to Omotayo Williams’ Tweet:
(@KadunaResident)..

Source:
https://twitter.com/KadunaResident/status/1652624111711944704?t=mzUm85fVLgvJAItMhSCyvw

Na so, criminals in place of authority. Them wan gag people from speaking out
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by Stylz69(m): 11:53am On May 01, 2023
Is this an airport or a warehouse?

Not one passenger boarding bridge in sight… by far the most ugliest airport in the world.

Let’s see how it goes in 4 years time

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by Printerscanner: 11:53am On May 01, 2023
Igbos don’t care whether their children are eating leftovers, their concern is that Tinubu is stealing Lagos money
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by jude33084(m): 11:54am On May 01, 2023
Marketgists:
Hmmmmm i remember when i went to my grand mother's place for a meeting she told me alot by saying that a day will come when many people from far and near will just waste their time reading my comments.

You got me real good hahaha cheesy grin angry
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by Sleekfingers: 11:54am On May 01, 2023
Mitchy49:
The hungry young kids there are not indigene of the state. They are from Kano, Borno state. Nobody from the southeast can ever go hungry. I'm not Igbo but I have never seen an Igbo Beggar.

They are in Lagos.
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by jude33084(m): 11:54am On May 01, 2023
Sleekfingers:

They are in Lagos.

Even in SA
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by legitnow1: 11:55am On May 01, 2023
Stylz69:
Is this an airport or a warehouse?

Not one passenger boarding bridge in sight… by far the most ugliest airport in the world.

Let’s see how it goes in 4 years time

SEVERE PAIN!

WATERY EMOTION.

AS U DEY CRY, DEM DEY PLAN NEXT AIRPORT TERMINAL.

YOUR TEARS IS SWEET.
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:55am On May 01, 2023
So they should not build an airport in the state or what?

All these infrastructures help in boosting the economy and provides job opportunities for many .

The journalist is being unprofessional.
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by simfrost90210: 11:55am On May 01, 2023
grin grin grin grin
.., haba, he's just doing his job naah
.., see these people oh., watabombshell
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by legitnow1: 11:55am On May 01, 2023
PeachtreeReside:

All these infrastructures help in boosting the economy and provides job opportunities for many .

The journalist is being unfunny.
EBONYI HAS AN ISLAMIC CENTRE AND ALOT OF NORTHERNERS LIVE THERE.

A GROUP OF KIDS, EATING RICE, DOES NOT MEAN THE FOOD IS LEFT OVER.

SOMEBODY MAY HAVE PROVIDED THEM WITH THE FOOD FROM THE EVENT.

THE PICTURE IS NOTHING BUT A PAINED YORUBA MAN PROPAGANDA.

NOTE, I SINGLE OUT YORUBA MAN, BECAUSE THEIR WOMEN ARE USUALLY NOT THAT WICKED.

LET THEM GO AND PULL THE AIRPORT DOWN OR BAN FLIGHTS TO EBONYI.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by legitnow1: 11:57am On May 01, 2023
PeachtreeReside:

The journalist is being unfunny.

SISTER, THESE ARE YORUBA MEN THAT FOUGHT STELLA ODUA BECAUSE OF AN AIRPORT SHE BUILT IN ENUGU.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING POLITICS, YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT THEY EVEN WENT AS FAR AS KILLING HER SON.

PAY THEM NO MIND, IT IS TRIBALISM AND HATRED FROM YORUBA MEN.

THE SITE OWNER IS ALSO A TRIIBAL BIGOT.
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by Bfly: 11:57am On May 01, 2023
Whatever you sow, you shall reap.
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by Cmeo(m): 11:57am On May 01, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
According to Omotayo Williams’ Tweet:
(@KadunaResident)..

Source:
https://twitter.com/KadunaResident/status/1652624111711944704?t=mzUm85fVLgvJAItMhSCyvw

I do not think this pictures should made headlines because we should not forget Almajari kids are still among us. It is a known fact the Almajari system is still a culture that has not been eradicated.
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by BigBen23(m): 11:58am On May 01, 2023
This country only put in considerations and to build infrastructures that only the rich can benefit. Before you can board a flight, at least you are an average earning Nigerian. They are doing everything for their own convenience and benefit.
In a developed nation, this journalist would be considered a hero for giving insight to the government where their eyes could not see and then focus more on how to create a better living for the poor masses. But here, it's about them
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:58am On May 01, 2023
legitnow1:
EBONYI HAS AN ISLAMIC CENTRE AND ALOT OF NORTHERNERS LIVE THERE.

A GROUP OF KIDS, EATING RICE, DOES NOT MEAN THE FOOD IS LEFT OVER.

SOMEBODY MAY HAVE PROVIDED THEM WITH THE FOOD FROM THE EVENT.

THE PICTURE IS NOTHING BUT A PAINED YORUBA MAN PROPAGANDA.

NOTE, I SINGLE OUT YORUBA MAN, BECAUSE THEIR WOMEN ARE USUALLY NOT THAT WICKED.

LET THEM GO AND PULL THE AIRPORT DOWN OR BAN FLIGHTS TO EBONYI.

I'm Yoruba by the way .....A female Yoruba who does not think wickedness is by gender or tribe.

The journalist should not have juxtaposed the hungry kids picture with the launch of The Airport.

Each State needs a functioning Airport , PERIOD!

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by ItisWell22(f): 11:59am On May 01, 2023
helinues:
Why should they suspend the journalist?

I did not see anything wrong with the photos. Poverty is everywhere except if we want to be deceiving ourselves

💯
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by MetaPhysical: 11:59am On May 01, 2023
Bhella5:
Are there beggars in Ebonyi?

I believe the photo journalist was suspended more for revealing ibo children performing rituals their elders deny exist, than for questioning the discretion of the government.

Na only Hausa and Yoruba get almajiri, Ibo no get....at least till now. grin
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:59am On May 01, 2023
legitnow1:

SISTER, THESE ARE YORUBA MEN THAT FOUGHT STELLA ODUA BECAUSE OF AN AIRPORT SHE BUILT IN ENUGU.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING POLITICS, YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT THEY EVEN WENT AS FAR AS KILLING HER SON.

PAY THEM NO MIND, IT IS TRIBALISM AND HATRED FROM YORUBA MEN.

I.am a Yoruba woman oooo.😅😅🤣🤣😅

Will look up Stella Oduah 's story.
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by Arabaincubus: 12:00pm On May 01, 2023
That David Umahi is a shameless man who should be closely watched.

They always want praises without criticism and the truth being told.
Re: Ebonyi Journalist Suspended For Taking Picture Of Kids Eating Leftover Food by legitnow1: 12:00pm On May 01, 2023
PeachtreeReside:

I'm Yoruba by the way .....A female Yoruba who does not think wickedness is by gender or tribe.

The journalist should not have juxtaposed the hungry kids picture with the launch of The Airport.

Each State needs a functioning Airport , PERIOD!

AT LEAST, YOU GET IT.

HE JUST POSED A GROUP OF KIDS IN FRONT OF THE AIRPORT AND TAKE PICTURE TO WRITE HIS RUBBISH.

HOW IS THE PICTURE FAIR ON THE KIDS?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Muslim Group Seeks Withdrawal Of 'jonathan's N100 Note' From Circulation / Calas Vegas: Ayade Builds ‘World-Class’ Resort Despite Tinapa’s ‘$450M Setback / More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.