Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu (34950 Views)

May Day: NLC Rejects 35% Pay Rise, Insists On Living Wage / Only 11 States Can Generate Enough Money To Pay Workers In 2024 / No Movement For Lagos Workers Living In Ogun — Dapo Abiodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by peculiar2233: 6:34pm On May 01, 2023
Bhella5:
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is ready to make Nigeria great again
Alawada!!!
Has he made agbero in Lagos great to talk of Nigeria. What he stole will be got back, it's just the matter of time
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by omooba74(m): 6:39pm On May 01, 2023
With all these against one man,you should have known that this man, Tinubu,you hated so much, against all odds,still becomes your President,you should know the time to give up.Get matured, ASIWAJU's reigns will bring forth needed peace and economic prosperity to us all...
taylor88:
A man without known siblings
A man without known parents
A man we don’t know if he’s Tinubu or Amoda
A man without known classmates
A man without a single certificate
A man who gave birth to his first daughter at the age of 10 according to their football age difference
A dollar billionaire who left office over a decade ago without any visible income
A Corpse from Guinea
A man that suffers gaffes and speech disorders
A man that trembles even when no one push him
A urine donor that Carries urine bag along
A man that suffers erectile dysfunction
A man that sleeps while walking
An incompetent Buffon that’s scared of interviews
A cocaine sniffer
An adult diaper ambassador
A thief who eats from the proceeds of Ageberos he planted all around the nation

I want them to swear him in so that we all can suffer the embarrassment that awaits us

Shebi he will go to international communities and make a speech let’s see the doom that awaits everyone
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by femicyrus(m): 6:40pm On May 01, 2023
taylor88:
A man who gave birth to his first daughter at the age of 10 according to their football age difference
A dollar billionaire who left office over a decade ago without any visible income
A Corpse from Guinea
A cocaine sniffer

I want them to swear him in so that we all can suffer the embarrassment that awaits us

Shebi he will go to international communities and make a speech let’s see the doom that awaits everyone
Mumuric obidient

Ordinary toothpick as president is better than buhari

I do not want the applause of international community over a fluent speaking president. All I want is anyone like awolowo who can turn the country around in favor of the people.
Note that Obi is a scam Nigeria was lucky to evade as president
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by walozanga(m): 6:47pm On May 01, 2023
Bhella5:

U want him to faint?
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by ufuosman(m): 6:58pm On May 01, 2023
We are watching
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Bhella5(m): 7:01pm On May 01, 2023
walozanga:

U want him to faint?
He's headstrong. Baba no go die unless to ba darugbo grin
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Abaniwealth(f): 7:09pm On May 01, 2023
taylor88:
A Corpse from Guinea
A cocaine sniffer

Guy u get sense..I swear.
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Brush1: 7:26pm On May 01, 2023
taylor88:
A Corpse from Guinea
A cocaine sniffer

The list is incomplete. A man without childhood class mates . Believing in BAT man’s presidency, is panicking. A demon in human flesh.
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Diligent1(f): 7:32pm On May 01, 2023
taylor88:
A Corpse from Guinea
A cocaine sniffer

You are a bitter hater, you are dangerous to the society, DSS should reason your matter.
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by justtruth88miSt(f): 7:39pm On May 01, 2023
taylor88:
A Corpse from Guinea
A cocaine sniffer

U shall be put to shame soon
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by nedekid: 7:42pm On May 01, 2023
Abeg, Tinubu should just bring the naira back to 140 to the dollar where his apc met it 2015. Once that is done, you no longer have to over stress yourself with minimum wage. All this talk about increase in wages is just inflation.
Let the naira regain it's lost value.
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by God2man2again(m): 7:45pm On May 01, 2023
I bet, if Tinubu can work with Osibanjo, who will be out as vice president on May 29, I believe, Nigeria will be great.
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Pat081: 9:23pm On May 01, 2023
Baba can lie ooo but my prayer is that I should make it in his own time no matter how much lie
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by atobs4real(m): 9:26pm On May 01, 2023
taylor88:
A Corpse from Guinea
A cocaine sniffer

I reject your assertion.
May the Almighty God continue to bless 9ja
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 9:40pm On May 01, 2023
Bhella5:
Oga shut up, ur Nigeria is already on a dragging level. A drug Lord can't make a country great
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Ejikeecaso: 9:43pm On May 01, 2023
Lanretoye:
who the fu*k are you to decide for the president of the federal republic of Nigeria how,when and where to speak?.one faceless person from upper iweka or alaigbo talking trash at mr president,you better take your time.
And who is this talking? Have you brushed your gworo stained teeth today. Pls take your birth before you talk to that "faceless person from upper iweka or alaigbo" whose shoes you are not worthy of touching . You and your president select should brush tour teeth and tongue before making your unguarded, senseless speech.

1 Like

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Bhella5(m): 11:17pm On May 01, 2023
Ajehkpako4naija:
Oga shut up, ur Nigeria is already on a dragging level. A drug Lord can't make a country great
Neither can a UK deportee grin
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by lexy2014: 1:18am On May 02, 2023
smartleo:

Plenty ;started a business while working in a bank ,resigned from my employment, in business full time ,bought business assets ,increased staff strength from 5 to 9,bought lands ,bought my first car ......and many more

Under Tinubu presidency I will do 1000 times better through the grace of God

thats nice. which bank were you previously working and in what capacity?

which business did you go into full time?

when did you start the business?

what business assets did you buy?

were did you buy the lands and how lands did you buy?

what are the "many more" you did?

what were your 5 staff previously doing for and what are the remaining 4 now doing for you?

if under tinubu administration you going to do a 1000 times better, that means you are going to employ 4000 workers and buy 1000 cars, right?
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by lexy2014: 1:20am On May 02, 2023
femicyrus:

Mumuric obidient

Ordinary toothpick as president is better than buhari

I do not want the applause of international community over a fluent speaking president. All I want is anyone like awolowo who can turn the country around in favor of the people.
Note that Obi is a scam Nigeria was lucky to evade as president

who is that anyone that is like awolowo?
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by lexy2014: 1:24am On May 02, 2023
ebenholer2:

You can't honestly benefit from this upcoming government due to your perspective. I pray you have a change of mindset before it is too late cos Nigerians are definitely going to experience positive change in this upcoming government that we will all remember for good.

if you say "Nigerians are definitely going to experience positive change in this upcoming government", are you saying that under buhari and APC, nigerians have been experiencing negative change? how will Tinubu of APC now turn the negativitiy under buhari of APC into positivity when Tinubu told us that Buhari was the only solution nigeria needed?

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by lexy2014: 1:28am On May 02, 2023
Intrepid01:

I’m not a fan of Tinubu but with all these hatred-laced comments up there, I see reasons why Gid has left us to continue to suffer as we are cos it is unimaginable that a human being will spew all you’ve said about a fellow human being. Hate won’t make Peter Obi President and even the most probable person to gain if tribunal overturns his victory is Atiku and not Obi. We deserve the kind of leaders we get in actual fact. You guys hated Buhari so much but it didn’t stop him from having his 8yrs, with this hatred here I’m afraid Tinubu might also be on an 8-year ride. You guys open hatred has never helped in anyway and hasn’t stopped anyone you hate to have his will. You guys should review your strategy of hate it isn’t working.

what has the highlighted got to do with everything you said?

you said the "hatred" for buhari didnt stop him from ruling. the question is how has nigeria fared under buahris 8years?

what has God leaving us to suffer got to do with what the you say the guy spewed about Tinubu?

is there anything he said that isnt true? if you feel he isnt telling the truth, why not invalidate his post with the truth?
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by lexy2014: 1:31am On May 02, 2023
spiralwedge:
I can’t wait for him to take over please.
Because i know we will experience prosperity again the country. My business too cant wait to blossom.

I can’t say the same to b!gots who have already cursed themselves.

are you saying that your business has not been booming since? what happened to your business?

if you saying that "we will experience prosperity again the country", are you saying that Nigeria hasnt been experiencing prosperity all this while? are saying that buhari did nothing in his 8years?

how will tinubu taking over make nigeria experience prosperity once again and make your business blosom?
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by lexy2014: 1:35am On May 02, 2023
damsng:
But God have decided to choose him over your Lords. Can you reflect on who Jesus was

when did God decide to choose Tinubu? is it God that voted during election or is it him that announced result of the election?

what has who Jesus was got to do with issues he raised in his post?
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by lexy2014: 1:39am On May 02, 2023
greenermodels:
A paid speech writer wrote that not Tinubu, a man whom when asked about the concerns of Nigerian workers on the rapid downfall of the naira against other currencies replied that "they shouldn't be worried because their salaries are paid in naira not dollars" showing his apparent lack of understanding on basic economics. For a start,increasing the minimum wage without first increasing our level of productivity would only lead to inflation and in times of inflation, government workers on fixed incomes suffer while business owners prosper. He needs to be lectured on the difference between nominal income and real income but he's too old and mentally weakened to learn that now.

my brother dont blame hi. blame the nigerians who are literate but not educated. who rejoice more at a politician achieving his political ambition for the sake of it than demanding good governance
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by kosiebe(m): 6:40am On May 02, 2023
randymirrors:
May Tinubu's tenure favour me and those who wish him well ONLY. Amen.
Amen 🙏🙏🙏

1 Like 1 Share

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by OTaoheed(m): 6:44am On May 02, 2023
Chairman speak for yourself
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Ten06(m): 7:49am On May 02, 2023
He has started making promises, this was how Buhari made several promises that his supporters kept denying through out his Government. I hope they will not deny this promise as well?
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by 99persait(m): 8:53am On May 02, 2023
taylor88:
A Corpse from Guinea
A cocaine sniffer

until then we shall know if he will disgrace the nation or if you are just an enemy of progress
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by spiralwedge(m): 1:32pm On May 02, 2023
lexy2014:

are you saying that your business has not been booming since? what happened to your business?

if you saying that "we will experience prosperity again the country", are you saying that Nigeria hasnt been experiencing prosperity all this while? are saying that buhari did nothing in his 8years?

how will tinubu taking over make nigeria experience prosperity once again and make your business blosom?

Please ask Google
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by comodo: 1:53pm On May 02, 2023
ogododo:
In what appeared a pledge to embark on wage increase in the middle of the year, President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has vowed to give more than a minimum wage to Nigerian workers, promising to give them a “living wage”.

“In the Nigeria I shall have the honour and privilege to lead from May 29, workers will have more than a minimum wage. You will have a living wage to have a decent life and provide for your families,” Tinubu stated.

The President-elect made the pledge in a statement issued Monday in Abuja on the occasion of this year’s Workers’ Day celebration.

Noting that workers would find in him a dependable ally and co-labourer in the fight for social justice, the President-elect also extended a hand of friendship to them, recalling decades of close collaboration between workers and nationalists as well as pro-democracy activists.

He said: “Since 1945 when the railway workers and 16 other public service unions led the first general strike to demand for better wages as a result of rising cost of living, the labour movement in Nigeria has always fought on the side of the masses of our country.

“It was no surprise that the labour movement added fillip, zest and energy to the struggle for independence by partnering with nationalists such as Nnamdi Azikwe, Herbert Macaulay, Ahmadu Bello, Obafemi Awolowo, Ernest Ikoli and Anthony Enahoro among others.

“The Nigerian labour movement was also not found wanting during our struggle for the restoration of democracy.

“The Nigerian Labour Congress and its affiliate organisations — NUPENG, Textile Union, PENGASSAN, among others — collaborated with the pro-democracy leaders and groups to restore democratic governance in Nigeria in 1999 after almost two unbroken decades of military dictatorship.

“On this special day, as your President-elect, I extend my hands of friendship to the Nigerian workers through the two central Labour unions – Nigeria Labour Congress and Trade Union Congress.

“In me you will find a dependable ally and co-labourer in the fight for social and economic justice for all Nigerians, including all the working people.

“Your fight will be my fight because I will always fight for you. My plans for better welfare and working conditions are clearly spelt out in my Renewed Hope Agenda for A Better Nigeria. It is a covenant born of conviction and one I am prepared to keep.

“At this point, I must remind Nigerian workers that we all have a common battle to wage, one which we must win together.

“And it is the fight against poverty, ignorance, disease, disunity, ethnic and religious hate and all negative forces that contend against the stability and prosperity of our country.

“The days ahead will, however, demand better understanding and cooperation from all sides, because leadership will require that we take tough and hard decisions so that our people and all Nigerian workers can live more abundantly”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/may-day-ill-increase-salary-pay-workers-living-wage-tinubu/
Las las just like Buhari. He will deny this since it didn't come from him. Buhari said support groups made promises to Nigeria on his behalf. Meaning that he promised nothing. I will wait for the time when labour will demand for this Living wage and the president will deny not mentioning it at all. Pitting the blame on his twitter handler. Me I already heard him say that he doesn't use social media because what he sees there gives him HBP.
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by lexy2014: 3:45pm On May 02, 2023
spiralwedge:

Please ask Google

since you know that d answers to my questions is in google, then you shouldnt haven any problems answering the questions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Speaks On US Support For His 2019 Presidential Bid / Oby Ezekwesili Appointed Nexford University Board Of Directors Member / IPOB Kills Herdsman, Shoots Igbo Man’s 30 Cows In Enugu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.