Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu (34831 Views)

Only 11 States Can Generate Enough Money To Pay Workers In 2024 / No Movement For Lagos Workers Living In Ogun — Dapo Abiodun / Atiku Sacks 46 Staff Of Gotel Communications On May Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by lexy2014: 3:19pm On May 01, 2023
Morphinne:

Chinedu ndo ehn. If you’re asked who your president is during any interview, please tell them it’s Peteru Pàndora Obi since anything can still happen tomorrow; aunty Chimanpazee have already written a powerful letter to the US govt grin
Asiwaju will rule over you and your entire family and village. He will be the one ordained by God to oversee your life and make policies that you and your entire household and community dare not follow and this is what explains why he was picked as one of the most influential men on the planet earth as we speak grin
Body just dey sweet me anyhow

how did God ordain Tinubu to be president?

with regards to being picked as one of the most influential men on the planet, it depends of what type of influence. it must interest you to know that Adolf Hitler was also named "Times Man of the Year" in 1938.

if tinubu "oversee your life and make policies that you and your entire household and community", how will that move nigeria forward and make nigeria better?
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by thesicilian: 3:20pm On May 01, 2023
taylor88:
A man without known siblings
A man without known parents
A man we don’t know if he’s Tinubu or Amoda
A man without known classmates
A man without a single certificate
A man who gave birth to his first daughter at the age of 10 according to their football age difference
A dollar billionaire who left office over a decade ago without any visible income
A Corpse from Guinea
A man that suffers gaffes and speech disorders
A man that trembles even when no one push him
A urine donor that Carries urine bag along
A man that suffers erectile dysfunction
A man that sleeps while walking
An incompetent Buffon that’s scared of interviews
A cocaine sniffer
An adult diaper ambassador
A thief who eats from the proceeds of Ageberos he planted all around the nation

I want them to swear him in so that we all can suffer the embarrassment that awaits us

Shebi he will go to international communities and make a speech let’s see the doom that awaits everyone
You would have won the elections if you had focused your energy on highlighting the qualities and qualifications of your candidate instead of attacking the personality of your opponent

2 Likes

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by FireUpNow(m): 3:23pm On May 01, 2023
Bogus promises are part of Nigerian govts. We are observing
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Benwallt(m): 3:23pm On May 01, 2023
Bhella5:
Oro wo lo wa Lenu eye? There's time for everything. Time to Campaign. Time for governance. Asiwaju has moved to governance Obi is still campaigning.

And he will keep campaigning till Shettima is elected president after Tinubu's 8 years.

28 days to go.

3 Likes

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by lexy2014: 3:23pm On May 01, 2023
Flier:
There is plenty money,they just need to remove subsidy and we will have excess as long as it’s not get stolen,stealing the money is the major problem here
Infact it may even worse than when we are paying subsidy if it’s not handled well.Black man can not be trusted

let me ask you bros, this subsidy that you say should be removed, is it a human being? does it manage itself by itself?

also, how much subsidy has been removed so far and how much is left to be removed in the subsidy?

is it because of subsidy thats why we are not seeing the "plenty money" you mentioned in your first sentence?

if you say stealing is the problem, is it subsidy that is doing the stealing?
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Sharatan(m): 3:25pm On May 01, 2023
We did what was constitutionally right by voting. Rigged or not rigged the elections have come and gone. We all know all this court talk won’t lead anywhere different; the judiciary has already been bought and paid for.
Let’s calm down and see what the incoming president ‘Asiwaju’ has in store for Nigerian citizens.
I rest my case

1 Like

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by chima47(m): 3:25pm On May 01, 2023
Massiveglory:
We heard Peter obi speaking live at the labour day ceremony.
Tinubu should speak live. Go on tv and speak Not somebody twitting.
The man is sick in the brain. Forget Tinubu and discuss about living souls.
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by smartleo(m): 3:25pm On May 01, 2023
taylor88:
A man who gave birth to his first daughter at the age of 10 according to their football age difference
A dollar billionaire who left office over a decade ago without any visible income
A Corpse from Guinea
A cocaine sniffer

I want them to swear him in so that we all can suffer the embarrassment that awaits us

Shebi he will go to international communities and make a speech let’s see the doom that awaits everyone

Mr wailer please remove the word we ,me no go suffer for Tinubu presidency ,infact I will be prosperous and increase in wealth but since you have chosen death over life ,you will enjoy the fruit of your lips

2 Likes

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by lexy2014: 3:26pm On May 01, 2023
DeLaRue:
I now fear for Tinubu's administration. Too many promises.

He must resist the urge to please everyone. Campaign is over. It is time to face the harsh reality of governing.

It is barely 2 weeks since we read that Buhari's administration is giving some workers 40% salary increase Unbelievable.

We desperately need to tighten fiscal and monetary policies for at least 2 years, so we can reduce out debts to sustainable levels. The last thing we need now is another government that is spending recklessly. This is not the time for massive wage increases, or indeed any wage increases. Otherwise, inflation will continue to rise exponentially, and the Naira will be destroyed. N1,000 to a dollar will come in no time

Do Nigerian politicians learn from what is happening in other countries.

Argentina - inflation 99.9%. Their currency has collapsed. Ordinary people cannot even afford food.

Egypt - inflation 32%. Their currency lost more than 50% of its value in 2022. The country is on its knees.

Lebanon - inflation 261%. Their currency has completely collapsed, most Lebanese don't even use it anymore. Bread now costs 50 times the price it costs 3 years ago. Just imagine if a regular loaf of bread that cost N400 last year now cost N20,000.

Please don't say this cannot happen in Nigeria.

With the level of indebtedness, Nigeria needs to tighten its belt, and watch every Naira it spends. There are no short cuts. The country must undergo short term pain in order to make long term gain.

Rather than increasing minimum wage and spurring more inflation, make all wages under N40,000 tax free to help low income earners.

why are you fearing for tinubu? did you think he had anything to offer in the first place?

you say "With the level of indebtedness, Nigeria needs to tighten its belt". when you say "Nigeria", who exactly are you referring to?
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by lexy2014: 3:27pm On May 01, 2023
smartleo:

Mr wailer please remove the word we ,me no go suffer for Tinubu presidency ,infact I will be prosperous and increase in wealth but since you have chosen death over life ,you will enjoy the fruit of your lips

what is your testimony under buhari?
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Benwallt(m): 3:28pm On May 01, 2023
BLACKDICK007:
the jagaban borgu cool

the man that will rule igbos for complete 8yrs cheesy

Rule them and give them second handed second classed treatment worst than Buhari did. No terrorist, religious fanatic and UK deportee will rule this country.

In Tinubu's time, third term will happen.

2 Likes

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by biaframaster200: 3:29pm On May 01, 2023
taylor88:
A Corpse from Guinea
A cocaine sniffer

Wailing wailer crew. ..

Go to court and challenge him or keep your dirty mouth shut ....

He pains you...go and die

3 Likes

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by zoghys: 3:29pm On May 01, 2023
taylor88:
A Corpse from Guinea
A cocaine sniffer

Shut up joor, why are you lot bitching about this man. The election petition has been filed with the tribunal so shut the Bleep up and stop embarrassing yourself just to gather some likes on NL. Abeg, you suppose receive cover slap for all this rubbish you call comment.

2 Likes

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Benwallt(m): 3:30pm On May 01, 2023
greenermodels:
A paid speech writer wrote that not Tinubu, a man whom when asked about the concerns of Nigerian workers on the rapid downfall of the naira against other currencies replied that "they shouldn't be worried because their salaries are paid in naira not dollars" showing his apparent lack of understanding on basic economics. For a start,increasing the minimum wage without first increasing our level of productivity would only lead to inflation and in times of inflation, government workers on fixed incomes suffer while business owners prosper. He needs to be lectured on the difference between nominal income and real income but he's too old and mentally weakened to learn that now.

Tinubu for third term in office

1 Like

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by lexy2014: 3:31pm On May 01, 2023
htdot:
Tinubu would have more empathy than buhari.. he will never infringe suffering and hardship on nigeria like buhari. Things would be more better in his administration than buhari. Buhari is evil and he has to fine his place at the right side of the devil in hellfire. Regardless, Tinubu rigged massively

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy I laugh in kpokpogarri. was it not this same Tinubu who put buhari out there and sponsored him to become president even when he knew that buhari had nothing to offer just for the sake of his personal ambition? is that your definition of empathy?

by sponsoring, supporting and defending buhari even when it was obvious that everything buhari was doing, does that not negate what you said that "he will never infringe suffering and hardship on nigeria like buhari"?

oga, just de ready yourself
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Mrpojj(m): 3:31pm On May 01, 2023
ogododo:
In what appeared a pledge to embark on wage increase in the middle of the year, President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has vowed to give more than a minimum wage to Nigerian workers, promising to give them a “living wage”.

“In the Nigeria I shall have the honour and privilege to lead from May 29, workers will have more than a minimum wage. You will have a living wage to have a decent life and provide for your families,” Tinubu stated.

The President-elect made the pledge in a statement issued Monday in Abuja on the occasion of this year’s Workers’ Day celebration.

Noting that workers would find in him a dependable ally and co-labourer in the fight for social justice, the President-elect also extended a hand of friendship to them, recalling decades of close collaboration between workers and nationalists as well as pro-democracy activists.

He said: “Since 1945 when the railway workers and 16 other public service unions led the first general strike to demand for better wages as a result of rising cost of living, the labour movement in Nigeria has always fought on the side of the masses of our country.

“It was no surprise that the labour movement added fillip, zest and energy to the struggle for independence by partnering with nationalists such as Nnamdi Azikwe, Herbert Macaulay, Ahmadu Bello, Obafemi Awolowo, Ernest Ikoli and Anthony Enahoro among others.

“The Nigerian labour movement was also not found wanting during our struggle for the restoration of democracy.

“The Nigerian Labour Congress and its affiliate organisations — NUPENG, Textile Union, PENGASSAN, among others — collaborated with the pro-democracy leaders and groups to restore democratic governance in Nigeria in 1999 after almost two unbroken decades of military dictatorship.

“On this special day, as your President-elect, I extend my hands of friendship to the Nigerian workers through the two central Labour unions – Nigeria Labour Congress and Trade Union Congress.

“In me you will find a dependable ally and co-labourer in the fight for social and economic justice for all Nigerians, including all the working people.

“Your fight will be my fight because I will always fight for you. My plans for better welfare and working conditions are clearly spelt out in my Renewed Hope Agenda for A Better Nigeria. It is a covenant born of conviction and one I am prepared to keep.

“At this point, I must remind Nigerian workers that we all have a common battle to wage, one which we must win together.

“And it is the fight against poverty, ignorance, disease, disunity, ethnic and religious hate and all negative forces that contend against the stability and prosperity of our country.

“The days ahead will, however, demand better understanding and cooperation from all sides, because leadership will require that we take tough and hard decisions so that our people and all Nigerian workers can live more abundantly”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/may-day-ill-increase-salary-pay-workers-living-wage-tinubu/
I hope they won't say later that it's support group that made this statement
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by lexy2014: 3:32pm On May 01, 2023
BLACKDICK007:
the jagaban borgu cool

the man that will rule igbos for complete 8yrs cheesy
how will that move nigeria forward?
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by ybady4real: 3:34pm On May 01, 2023
Tune into AriseTV on 29th of May 2023 to watch his live inauguration ceremony

3 Likes

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Juju70(m): 3:36pm On May 01, 2023
greenermodels:
A paid speech writer wrote that not Tinubu, a man whom when asked about the concerns of Nigerian workers on the rapid downfall of the naira against other currencies replied that "they shouldn't be worried because their salaries are paid in naira not dollars" showing his apparent lack of understanding on basic economics. For a start,increasing the minimum wage without first increasing our level of productivity would only lead to inflation and in times of inflation, government workers on fixed incomes suffer while business owners prosper. He needs to be lectured on the difference between nominal income and real income but he's too old and mentally weakened to learn that now.

Shout it out loud! Living wage with no purchasing power is death sentence
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Benwallt(m): 3:36pm On May 01, 2023
htdot:
Tinubu would have more empathy than buhari.. he will never infringe suffering and hardship on nigeria like buhari. Things would be more better in his administration than buhari. Buhari is evil and he has to fine his place at the right side of the devil in hellfire. Regardless, Tinubu rigged massively

And Obi rigged tearfully. A clear difference between accident and substance. In this case, Tinubu is the substance (important) while Obi is the accident (mistake)

2 Likes

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Buharidgeneral: 3:37pm On May 01, 2023
taylor88:
A Corpse from Guinea
A cocaine sniffer

And 49 likes your post. Oshisco

1 Like

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Charly68: 3:37pm On May 01, 2023
Nigeria will rise higher during your tenure as God lives .. just praying for longevity for you Baba.. I know your winning is divine. .if against all odds you won and yet some folks are still angry and hallucinating ,I know for sure ,you are an answer to our prayers. You need Muslim Muslim Ticket to win and make a change at the centre ,those who can't discern will keep shouting until the changes start. I pray they will change their confession as time unfolds

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Britishpea: 3:37pm On May 01, 2023
taylor88:
A Corpse from Guinea
A cocaine sniffer

Lol it isn’t hard to know a vision less boy like you. Upon all what Tinubu wrote there all you could do is to type Like a bot. A bot would only dispense the programmed info. You are still spitting the programmed words inputted into your medullar by the obiliwisky during the campaign. We have since moved ahead and now focusing on governance.

You can keep nursing your wound while people are already moving on to face their good lives.

Na only you embarrassment dey wey Obi faced the major part, dey await.

2 Likes

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by princeamehjosep: 3:38pm On May 01, 2023
I feel ur pain
taylor88:
A Corpse from Guinea
A cocaine sniffer

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Zazzi1714: 3:38pm On May 01, 2023
Bhella5:
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is ready to make Nigeria great again
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Slydan204: 3:39pm On May 01, 2023
Whether we fight, quarrel or even kill each other, ths man has been declared as d president elect. I hv never liked in him but my love 4 ths country compels me 2 pray 4 him 2 gv us a better 9ja. May God help him 2 deliver unfailingly

3 Likes

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by wonlasewonimi: 3:39pm On May 01, 2023
taylor88:
Congratulations Shettima

Una eyes go clear

They’ll revive him like they did Buhari yen yen yen

Do you even realize Buhari was in the military?

Do you realize Buhari never did drugs like this sniffing dog

Time shall tell

Leave them.. Bubu was borderline broke before he took over. The guy just used the opportunity to freshen up. This Amoda has enough mullah to fix himself but nature na your mate?
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by rajiedreez: 3:39pm On May 01, 2023
taylor88:
A Corpse from Guinea
A cocaine sniffer

Don't worry, you'll definitely see what you wish for in Nigeria. Don't worry

1 Like

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Julliet1122: 3:40pm On May 01, 2023
taylor88:
A Corpse from Guinea
A cocaine sniffer

The doom that wait you and your family

2 Likes

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 01, 2023
Bhella5:
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is ready to make Nigeria great again

Shetima not tilinbu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Election Postponememt: It Was Done Because Of Zamfara - Fayose / Dele Momodu Gives Reason For FFK's Silence On Tinubu's Certificate Issues / $4m Puts Atiku’s Man In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.