Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu (34829 Views)

Only 11 States Can Generate Enough Money To Pay Workers In 2024 / No Movement For Lagos Workers Living In Ogun — Dapo Abiodun / Atiku Sacks 46 Staff Of Gotel Communications On May Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by ogododo: 1:49pm On May 01, 2023
In what appeared a pledge to embark on wage increase in the middle of the year, President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has vowed to give more than a minimum wage to Nigerian workers, promising to give them a “living wage”.

“In the Nigeria I shall have the honour and privilege to lead from May 29, workers will have more than a minimum wage. You will have a living wage to have a decent life and provide for your families,” Tinubu stated.

The President-elect made the pledge in a statement issued Monday in Abuja on the occasion of this year’s Workers’ Day celebration.

Noting that workers would find in him a dependable ally and co-labourer in the fight for social justice, the President-elect also extended a hand of friendship to them, recalling decades of close collaboration between workers and nationalists as well as pro-democracy activists.

He said: “Since 1945 when the railway workers and 16 other public service unions led the first general strike to demand for better wages as a result of rising cost of living, the labour movement in Nigeria has always fought on the side of the masses of our country.

“It was no surprise that the labour movement added fillip, zest and energy to the struggle for independence by partnering with nationalists such as Nnamdi Azikwe, Herbert Macaulay, Ahmadu Bello, Obafemi Awolowo, Ernest Ikoli and Anthony Enahoro among others.

“The Nigerian labour movement was also not found wanting during our struggle for the restoration of democracy.

“The Nigerian Labour Congress and its affiliate organisations — NUPENG, Textile Union, PENGASSAN, among others — collaborated with the pro-democracy leaders and groups to restore democratic governance in Nigeria in 1999 after almost two unbroken decades of military dictatorship.

“On this special day, as your President-elect, I extend my hands of friendship to the Nigerian workers through the two central Labour unions – Nigeria Labour Congress and Trade Union Congress.

“In me you will find a dependable ally and co-labourer in the fight for social and economic justice for all Nigerians, including all the working people.

“Your fight will be my fight because I will always fight for you. My plans for better welfare and working conditions are clearly spelt out in my Renewed Hope Agenda for A Better Nigeria. It is a covenant born of conviction and one I am prepared to keep.

“At this point, I must remind Nigerian workers that we all have a common battle to wage, one which we must win together.

“And it is the fight against poverty, ignorance, disease, disunity, ethnic and religious hate and all negative forces that contend against the stability and prosperity of our country.

“The days ahead will, however, demand better understanding and cooperation from all sides, because leadership will require that we take tough and hard decisions so that our people and all Nigerian workers can live more abundantly”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/may-day-ill-increase-salary-pay-workers-living-wage-tinubu/

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by taylor88(m): 1:50pm On May 01, 2023
A man without known siblings
A man without known parents
A man we don’t know if he’s Tinubu or Amoda
A man without known classmates
A man without a single certificate
A man who gave birth to his first daughter at the age of 10 according to their football age difference
A dollar billionaire who left office over a decade ago without any visible income
A Corpse from Guinea
A man that suffers gaffes and speech disorders
A man that trembles even when no one push him
A urine donor that Carries urine bag along
A man that suffers erectile dysfunction
A man that sleeps while walking
An incompetent Buffon that’s scared of interviews
A cocaine sniffer
An adult diaper ambassador
A thief who eats from the proceeds of Ageberos he planted all around the nation

I want them to swear him in so that we all can suffer the embarrassment that awaits us

Shebi he will go to international communities and make a speech let’s see the doom that awaits everyone

200 Likes 33 Shares

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Nawttiboi007(m): 1:50pm On May 01, 2023
May God heal this great nation, Amen 🙏

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Massiveglory: 1:53pm On May 01, 2023
We heard Peter obi speaking live at the labour day ceremony.
Tinubu should speak live. Go on tv and speak Not somebody twitting.

131 Likes 13 Shares

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Bhella5(m): 1:55pm On May 01, 2023
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is ready to make Nigeria great again

165 Likes 20 Shares

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by princepeter566: 1:57pm On May 01, 2023
Why do u want to kill their president after his time?
Do u want him to collapse during speech?
Massiveglory:

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Bhella5(m): 1:59pm On May 01, 2023
Massiveglory:
Oro wo lo wa Lenu eye? There's time for everything. Time to Campaign. Time for governance. Asiwaju has moved to governance Obi is still campaigning.

212 Likes 25 Shares

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Lanretoye(m): 2:01pm On May 01, 2023
Massiveglory:
who the fu*k are you to decide for the president of the federal republic of Nigeria how,when and where to speak?.one faceless person from upper iweka or alaigbo talking trash at mr president,you better take your time.

156 Likes 23 Shares

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by olatade(m): 2:02pm On May 01, 2023
Right man for the job

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by olatade(m): 2:03pm On May 01, 2023
Lanretoye:
who the fu*k are you to decide for the president of the federal republic of Nigeria how,when and where to speak?.

Its not their fault, their IQ is very low.

73 Likes 9 Shares

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 01, 2023
A season of prosperity and surplus.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by BLACKDICK007: 2:06pm On May 01, 2023
the jagaban borgu cool

the man that will rule igbos for complete 8yrs cheesy

114 Likes 11 Shares

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by BLACKDICK007: 2:06pm On May 01, 2023
the jagaban borgu cool

the man that will rule igbos for complete 8yrs cheesy

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by OfficialP: 2:21pm On May 01, 2023
I wish tinubu well and success if Tribunal verdict favors him. Peter Obi will also he a good opposition if tribunal knocks him

15 Likes

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by greenermodels: 2:32pm On May 01, 2023
A paid speech writer wrote that not Tinubu, a man whom when asked about the concerns of Nigerian workers on the rapid downfall of the naira against other currencies replied that "they shouldn't be worried because their salaries are paid in naira not dollars" showing his apparent lack of understanding on basic economics. For a start,increasing the minimum wage without first increasing our level of productivity would only lead to inflation and in times of inflation, government workers on fixed incomes suffer while business owners prosper. He needs to be lectured on the difference between nominal income and real income but he's too old and mentally weakened to learn that now.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by arejibadz(m): 2:39pm On May 01, 2023
lmao, have no expectation from this man unless you see workings

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by deji17: 2:39pm On May 01, 2023
Renewed hope!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Houseofglam7(f): 2:39pm On May 01, 2023
Oh jeez
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by randymirrors(f): 2:40pm On May 01, 2023
May Tinubu's tenure favour me and those who wish him well ONLY. Amen.

120 Likes 14 Shares

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by merits(m): 2:40pm On May 01, 2023
ogododo:
In what appeared a pledge to embark on wage increase in the middle of the year, President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has vowed to give more than a minimum wage to Nigerian workers, promising to give them a “living wage”.

“In the Nigeria I shall have the honour and privilege to lead from May 29, workers will have more than a minimum wage. You will have a living wage to have a decent life and provide for your families,” Tinubu stated.

The President-elect made the pledge in a statement issued Monday in Abuja on the occasion of this year’s Workers’ Day celebration.

Noting that workers would find in him a dependable ally and co-labourer in the fight for social justice, the President-elect also extended a hand of friendship to them, recalling decades of close collaboration between workers and nationalists as well as pro-democracy activists.

He said: “Since 1945 when the railway workers and 16 other public service unions led the first general strike to demand for better wages as a result of rising cost of living, the labour movement in Nigeria has always fought on the side of the masses of our country.

“It was no surprise that the labour movement added fillip, zest and energy to the struggle for independence by partnering with nationalists such as Nnamdi Azikwe, Herbert Macaulay, Ahmadu Bello, Obafemi Awolowo, Ernest Ikoli and Anthony Enahoro among others.

“The Nigerian labour movement was also not found wanting during our struggle for the restoration of democracy.

“The Nigerian Labour Congress and its affiliate organisations — NUPENG, Textile Union, PENGASSAN, among others — collaborated with the pro-democracy leaders and groups to restore democratic governance in Nigeria in 1999 after almost two unbroken decades of military dictatorship.

“On this special day, as your President-elect, I extend my hands of friendship to the Nigerian workers through the two central Labour unions – Nigeria Labour Congress and Trade Union Congress.

“In me you will find a dependable ally and co-labourer in the fight for social and economic justice for all Nigerians, including all the working people.

“Your fight will be my fight because I will always fight for you. My plans for better welfare and working conditions are clearly spelt out in my Renewed Hope Agenda for A Better Nigeria. It is a covenant born of conviction and one I am prepared to keep.

“At this point, I must remind Nigerian workers that we all have a common battle to wage, one which we must win together.

“And it is the fight against poverty, ignorance, disease, disunity, ethnic and religious hate and all negative forces that contend against the stability and prosperity of our country.

“The days ahead will, however, demand better understanding and cooperation from all sides, because leadership will require that we take tough and hard decisions so that our people and all Nigerian workers can live more abundantly”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/may-day-ill-increase-salary-pay-workers-living-wage-tinubu/

Otunba welfare,PBAT for life 🧬.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by oluwaseunamos33(m): 2:40pm On May 01, 2023
Ok sir. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by simfrost90210: 2:40pm On May 01, 2023
grin grin grin grin
.., ndị be anyị si na, ".., nke a bu nkwa a na ekwe nwanyi n'elu akwa edina, n'elu ọrụ grin"

Tinubu bu eze ndị asi ... Onye ohi di ndu grin

1 Like

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by drizslim(m): 2:40pm On May 01, 2023
Foolish false promises from APC liers after initially saying labour party which signifies Nigerians and their labours will labour in Vain

5 Likes

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Skillsnigeria: 2:41pm On May 01, 2023
Noted
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Haveyoueatentod: 2:41pm On May 01, 2023
Tinubu is not hungry he is here to work and uplift Nigerians.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by pheelbert: 2:41pm On May 01, 2023
Nigerian workers poorer under APC, says Atiku

Former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, has said the current N30,000 minimum wage is inadequate to cater to the average Nigerian worker.

Mr Abubakar, who was the candidate of the opposition People’s Democratic Party PDP, made the remark in a message to Nigerian workers to commemorate the 2023 International Workers Day on May 1st.

While encouraging the workers to stay optimistic, Mr Abubakar observed that the hyperinflation in all sectors of the nation’s economy under the current administration has constituted serious socio-economic strangulation for the Nigerian worker.

“In Nigeria of today, the minimum wage of N30,000 cannot buy a full bag of rice, let alone cloth or pay for a worker’s many utility bills.

“Hyperinflation in all sectors of our nation has constituted serious socio-economic strangulation to the average Nigerian worker, who’s now poorer than in 2015 when APC came to power,” he said.

Mr Abubakar advised workers to see the 2023 Worker’s Day as a moment for “sober reflection and stock-taking given the myriad of socio-economic tribulations facing them in the last eight years.”

He added that the lives and welfare of workers and their families have been reduced to the “abyss of mere existence due to the litany of policy errors by the ruling APC government, which created insecurity in all facets of workers’ lives — food, shelter, health, wealth and education.”

https://mediatalkafrica.com/55371/may-day-nigerian-workers-poorer-under-apc-says-atiku/
Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by kosiebe(m): 2:42pm On May 01, 2023
Massiveglory:
It's not necessary, election is over, tell your Obituary to stop campaigning

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Sacchi1162(m): 2:42pm On May 01, 2023
Incoming....

6 Likes

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by Funkyswagzz(m): 2:42pm On May 01, 2023
E don start empty promise as usual

2 Likes

Re: May Day: I’ll Pay Workers Living Wage — Tinubu by htdot: 2:43pm On May 01, 2023
Tinubu would have more empathy than buhari.. he will never infringe suffering and hardship on nigeria like buhari. Things would be more better in his administration than buhari. Buhari is evil and he has to fine his place at the right side of the devil in hellfire. Regardless, Tinubu rigged massively

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Withdraw My Congratulatory Message To Obaseki And Reject Edo APC Primary / Governor Tambuwal Buys Ford Explorer For 20 Judges In Sokoto / Martha Gowon Audu Is Dead (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.