Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? (1565 Views)

Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It / Am I Wicked Or Did I Do The Right Thing? / My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 3:33pm On May 02, 2023
Hello all!

This is the backstory:

Sometimes last year ending, I attended the burial of my boss' mom. This burial ceremony took place late last year. We first of all went to the church, then from there we proceeded to the home of the woman. During the course of the burial proceedings in the church, I mistakenly sat on my phone. There was a lot of sitting and standing. So, in one of the many sitting 'downs', I mistakenly sat on my phone that was on the pew. My phone was affected. It went bad, but not so bad though, just a little ink that appeared at the bottom of the phone. The phone screen didn't crack at all, just the ink that appeared. I didn't like the fact that the ink is there, so I decided it's better I get another phone. This phone was bought for me by my boss, when he heard the story of how my former phone was snatched from me while on transit. He felt pity and gave me the money I used to purchase this one I'm using currently. The phone is just a year old, not upto two years, until this incidence of my phone going bad happened.

Why I stopped talking to him:

About last week or there about, I asked my boss( Although, I no longer work with him. I worked with his mum before she passed, but he's the one that pays my salary then), to
please get me another phone, that the one I'm using is so bad. When I sent the chat, he said he'll get back to me soon, maybe he was busy. So, he later replied with this " hello dear, I've been looking, but not lucky yet", something like, I've forgotten the exact thing he said. I don't want to open the chat again because it will make me view some pictures/videos or messages he has sent me on WhatsApp, because after I got that reply ( though I don't know what he meant there) I stopped chatting with him or talking to him. He has sent some pictures/videos and messages on WhatsApp, but I'm not going to reply, at least not yet.

The thing is, I don't like what he did. This is someone that can afford hundred of the phone. Someone that has lands here and there, houses with tenants here and there, plus other businesses fetching him cool money, someone that has about 4 Porsches, Benz, Range Rover, lexus and other cars in his garage. Then, you now ask the person to please get you a phone that the one you're using is bad, and then you're getting this reply, (even though I don't know what the reply meant), as a person how would you feel?

Did I do the right thing ignoring him? Did I do something wrong by ignoring him? I need your opinions/ suggestions. This will determine if I'm going to reply or ignore him. He sent me some videos/pictures and messages on WhatsApp, but I'm yet to open them or reply them. He doesn't know I'm angry with him.

Please, I would appreciate your input on this. If you're in my shoes, what would you do?

Thanks!
Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by garriAndsugar: 3:45pm On May 02, 2023
The questions you should ask yourself is
1) why should my boss get me another phone.
2) why am I entitled to my boss money
dont think because of your medium portable ass you are shaking around warrants him buying a phone for you

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Obiedun(m): 3:47pm On May 02, 2023
You are arrogant.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Rokiat(f): 4:27pm On May 02, 2023
Is it part of your contract for your boss to be getting you phones up and down like this?

You are indeed funny, don’t you know that you are just a number as an employee and can be replaced in a blink of an eye?

Now that you have resigned over nonsense go and rest and stop disturbing our peace please. cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Houseofglam7(f): 5:02pm On May 02, 2023
You mentioned you get paid by said boss right
What’s with the entitlement??
That he has cars and houses should be none of your business. Get your job done (whatever the heck that is, and go home).
I’d fire you without batting an eyelid if I was your boss…..entitlements like these breeds criminal thoughts.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by sisisioge: 5:26pm On May 02, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
Hello all!

This is the backstory:

Sometimes last year ending, I attended the burial of my boss' mom. This burial ceremony took place late last year. We first of all went to the church, then from there we proceeded to the home of the woman. During the course of the burial proceedings in the church, I mistakenly sat on my phone. There was a lot of sitting and standing. So, in one of the many sitting 'downs', I mistakenly sat on my phone that was on the pew. My phone was affected. It went bad, but not so bad though, just a little ink that appeared at the bottom of the phone. The phone screen didn't crack at all, just the ink that appeared. I didn't like the fact that the ink is there, so I decided it's better I get another phone. This phone was bought for me by my boss, when he heard the story of how my former phone was snatched from me while on transit. He felt pity and gave me the money I used to purchase this one I'm using currently. The phone is just a year old, not upto two years, until this incidence of my phone going bad happened.

About last week or there about, I asked my boss( Although, I no longer work with him. I worked with his mum before she passed, but he's the one that pays my salary then), to
please get me another phone, that the one I'm using is so bad. When I sent the chat, he said he'll get back to me soon, maybe he was busy. So, he later replied with this " hello dear, I've been looking, but not lucky yet", something like, I've forgotten the exact thing he said. I don't want to open the chat again because it will make me view some pictures/videos or messages he has sent me on WhatsApp, because after I got that reply ( though I don't know what he meant there) I stopped chatting with him or talking to him. He has sent some pictures/videos and messages on WhatsApp, but I'm not going to reply, at least not yet.

The thing is, I don't like what he did. This is someone that can afford hundred of the phone. Someone that has lands here and there, houses with tenants here and there, plus other businesses fetching him cool money, someone that has about 4 Porsches, Benz, Range Rover, lexus and other cars in his garage. Then, you now ask the person to please get you a phone that the one you're using is bad, and then you're getting this reply, (even though I don't know what the reply meant), as a person how would you feel?

Did I do the right thing ignoring him? Did I do something wrong by ignoring him? I need your opinions/ suggestions. This will determine if I'm going to reply or ignore him. He sent me some videos/pictures and messages on WhatsApp, but I'm yet to open them or reply them. He doesn't know I'm angry with him.

Please, I would appreciate your input on this. If you're in my shoes, what would you do?

Thanks!

Wow! Could there be anything else between you and said boss that warrants your expectations? Maybe you guys have some extra curriculum activities where you gift him things and he's expected to gift you things too....if that's the case he do bad o grin grin grin

After all, your mutual interest is dead which should have ended your contract........

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by FriendsAndFans(m): 5:48pm On May 02, 2023
I like your entitlement mentality. It's the typical behavior of the Nigerian Facebook/WhatsApp women .

They feel like a man owes them grin
Keep it up

6 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by RightToReject(m): 6:08pm On May 02, 2023
Covetousness will ruin you if you fail to conquer yourself quickly, and I hope that your supposed boss will be discerning enough to see you for whom you're and discard you with alacrity before you ruin him.

To your type of person, your intent towards other people, especially your benefactors, is always either to have their possession/dominion or their dignity/sanity.

Your sense of entitlement sucks - small-minded element.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 6:16pm On May 02, 2023
Houseofglam7:
You mentioned you get paid by said boss right
What’s with the entitlement??
That he has cars and houses should be none of your business. Get your job done (whatever the heck that is, and go home).
I’d fire you without batting an eyelid if I was your boss…..entitlements like these breeds criminal thoughts.
It was when I attended his mum's burial that the phone got bad. That was where it got spoiled.
Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 6:18pm On May 02, 2023
Obiedun:
You are arrogant.
How? The phone got bad when I attended his mum's burial. That was where it got spoiled.
Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 6:19pm On May 02, 2023
Rokiat:
Is it part of your contract for your boss to be getting you phones up and down like this?

You are indeed funny, don’t you know that you are just a number as an employee and can be replaced in a blink of an eye?

Now that you have resigned over nonsense go and rest and stop disturbing our peace please. cool
It was when I attended his mum's burial that the phone got bad. That was where it got spoiled.
Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Obiedun(m): 6:21pm On May 02, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
How? The phone got bad when I attended his mum's burial. That was where it got spoiled.
And so what? Na him spoil your phone? That man is even kind. If you try that with me , I will fire you immediately. If I sack you today I know tomorrow ten people will apply.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Mindlog: 7:46pm On May 02, 2023
Feeling of entitlement is written all over your story and replies.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by FriendsAndFans(m): 8:25pm On May 02, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:

He took it from your hand and slammed it on the floor abi ?? Mugu grin

4 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Octopusssy(f): 9:21pm On May 02, 2023
Op dey use una catch cruise

7 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fyzaila: 9:32pm On May 02, 2023
Op don't mind those comments above, open the video and pictures he sent. It could be that he is showing you pictures of different type of phones to choose from. Just check and see. Update us afterwards grin
Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Houseofglam7(f): 9:54pm On May 02, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
So if your monthly period had come at said event, he should’ve bought you sanitary pads as well??

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by frozen70(f): 10:13pm On May 02, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
Hello all!

This is the backstory:

Thanks!

I have to let you know that you are feeling entitled

This man has all you mentioned, but he equally has other things that makes your request got delayed or not attended to

You not talking to him doesn't even affect his work productivity

So if you wish you talk with him

If you don't wish, you forget about it

He has nothing to loose and do you think that you are too important for the job you are doing for him ?, no you are nit because he can replace you if you leave

Every human is replaceable when it comes to work force

No one is indispensable

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 10:50pm On May 02, 2023
frozen70:

I have to let you know that you are feeling entitled

This man has all you mentioned, but he equally has other things that makes your request got delayed or not attended to

You not talking to him doesn't even affect his work productivity

So if you wish you talk with him

If you don't wish, you forget about it

He has nothing to loose and do you think that you are too important for the job you are doing for him ?, no you are nit because he can replace you if you leave

Every human is replaceable when it comes to work force

No one is indispensable
I'm no longer working for him.
Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 10:52pm On May 02, 2023
Houseofglam7:

So if your monthly period had come at said event, he should’ve bought you sanitary pads as well??
That's a totally different thing altogether. What is sanitary pads compared to phone.
Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 10:53pm On May 02, 2023
Octopusssy:
Op dey use una catch cruise
I'm being serious here. I would have showed the chats here if possible. I'll definitely update the house on how things went.
Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 10:55pm On May 02, 2023
fyzaila:
Op don't mind those comments above, open the video and pictures he sent. It could be that he is showing you pictures of different type of phones to choose from. Just check and see. Update us afterwards grin
I really wish to open them, but I won't, at least not yet. They're upto eight messages/pictures/videos altogether. I may open them this weekend though.
Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Houseofglam7(f): 10:58pm On May 02, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
That's a totally different thing altogether. What is sanitary pads compared to phone.

Bye Felicia!!!!
I may lose brain cells taking this conversation even further.
👋👋👋👋👋

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by juman(m): 11:23pm On May 02, 2023
He is your man friend.
The way you behave to him.
Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Rokiat(f): 12:46am On May 03, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:

Oooh so the contract was revisited in that very moment to include handing you free phones?

I really hope you are trolling because your reasoning can not be this low.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Godwin4444: 9:03am On May 03, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
Hello all!

This is the backstory:

Thanks!
if I say wetin dey my mind them go ban me but people like u are poor n entitled

Craze dey worry u, u dey help person calculate him money

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by henrimoto(m): 1:17pm On May 03, 2023
Obiedun:
And so what? Na him spoil your phone? That man is even kind. If you try that with me , I will fire you immediately. If I sack you today I know tomorrow ten people will apply.
There is a sensitive part of the whole gist she is withholding.

E be like say her oga dey very free with her because of one/two .... So she dey see herself like one Large VIP... Let her continue..

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Obiedun(m): 2:09pm On May 03, 2023
henrimoto:
There is a sensitive part of the whole gist she is withholding.

E be like say her oga dey very free with her because of one/two .... So she dey see herself like one Large VIP... Let her continue..
I can now understand
Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Kajaard: 3:02pm On May 03, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:

And so? Because it got bad there means it must be replaced by your boss?

Can you even hear yourself? The entitlement mentality is so irritating.

If I was your boss I would sack you. Nonsense.

P/S - I am 100% sure your boss has slept with you in the past. That's why you have such effontery and entitlement mentality. Rubbish.
Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 3:07pm On May 03, 2023
Kajaard:

And so? Because it got bad there means it must be replaced by your boss?

Can you even hear yourself? The entitlement mentality is so irritating.

If I was your boss I would sack you. Nonsense.

P/S - I am 100% sure your boss has slept with you in the past. That's why you have such effontery and entitlement mentality. Rubbish.
I'm no longer working for him. I'm currently jobless.
Besides, it was a request, a plea. It's not as if I'm trying to command him to do so. No. I even said it mustn't be a new one. Even if it's the one he's no longer using, I'll take it. Even though I know he can comfortably afford a hundred of the new one.
Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by Houseontherock1: 7:15pm On May 03, 2023
You are definitely not telling the truth about your relationship with the said "boss". You also mentioned the videos and pictures he sent, and I'll assume you know the content even though you claimed you didn't open them (I'm guessing nudes or something dirty). Be that as it may, you should not abuse the privilege because he can get several other girls that'll "work" for him! Get yourself together and buy another phone!
Re: Why I Stopped Talking To My Boss. Did I Do The Right Thing? by fadilaMaikiriki: 11:12pm On May 03, 2023
Houseontherock1:
You are definitely not telling the truth about your relationship with the said "boss". You also mentioned the videos and pictures he sent, and I'll assume you know the content even though you claimed you didn't open them (I'm guessing nudes or something dirty). Be that as it may, you should not abuse the privilege because he can get several other girls that'll "work" for him! Get yourself together and buy another phone!
I no longer work for him. I'm currently jobless.

I don't know the content of what he sent me on WhatsApp. I haven't viewed them yet. They should be about twelve in number, and the last time he sent me something on WhatsApp was on the first of this month.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex After Or Before Marriage / Ì Want Revenge: Now ( Please Contribute ): ! / Why do women agree to be secret wives?: vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.