Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,286 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

PSG Suspends Lionel Messi For 2 Weeks over Unauthorized Trip To Saudi Arabia - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PSG Suspends Lionel Messi For 2 Weeks over Unauthorized Trip To Saudi Arabia (39826 Views)

Fans Hail Lionel Messi For Dribbling Top Players (Photos) / Petition To Ban Lionel Messi For Champions League β€˜Punch’ Passes 3,500 Signature / Ikechukwu Ezenwa Asks Lionel Messi For His Jersey (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PSG Suspends Lionel Messi For 2 Weeks over Unauthorized Trip To Saudi Arabia by OJEEMAH(m): 11:28am On May 04, 2023
ThierryJay:

Giddem bro, to those chronic liars..
πŸ‘πŸ‘
Re: PSG Suspends Lionel Messi For 2 Weeks over Unauthorized Trip To Saudi Arabia by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:18pm On May 04, 2023
sniperr007:
Messi in psg added value to the brand. So you know, they need the players like that to strengthen your brand which ripples into more money.
FYI, financial fair play stops them from spending money any how.
Reason they are selling all their high earners to balance their books.

Also, Ronaldo was a commercial purchase not necessarily to win UCL.
Once they signed him, juve shares jumped.

bro, i spoke extensively about that Juve issue back in 2019/2020... you people are not looking at the NUMBERS and instead you think because someone sells a lot of jerseys, that team doesnt lose money. here are very simple clues:
- do you know that Juve was losing money before CR7 came aboard?
- do you know that Juve continue losing money when CR7 was at Juve?
- do you know that juve lost about $517m combined during the 3 yrs that CR7 was at Juve?!
- when CR7 joined Juve their share prices were around $0.70 and 6 months before CR7 left Juve (jan 2021) their share prices were STILL selling at around $0.70.
- do you know that the year after CR7 left Juve, it was their WORST FINANCIAL YEAR EVER, as they had record losses of $250M (which should let you know that financial years are based on the yr prior aka when CR7 was around)?
- only a very clueless person will have the audacity to claim that CR7 was a commercial success for Juve.
Re: PSG Suspends Lionel Messi For 2 Weeks over Unauthorized Trip To Saudi Arabia by sniperr007(m): 4:23pm On May 04, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

bro, i spoke extensively about that Juve issue back in 2019/2020... you people are not looking at the NUMBERS and instead you think because someone sells a lot of jerseys, that team doesnt lose money. here are very simple clues:
- do you know that Juve was losing money before CR7 came aboard?
- do you know that Juve continue losing money when CR7 was at Juve?
- do you know that juve lost about $517m combined during the 3 yrs that CR7 was at Juve?!
- when CR7 joined Juve their share prices were around $0.70 and 6 months before CR7 left Juve (jan 2021) their share prices were STILL selling at around $0.70.
- do you know that the year after CR7 left Juve, it was their WORST FINANCIAL YEAR EVER, as they had record losses of $250M (which should let you know that financial years are based on the yr prior aka when CR7 was around)?
- only a very clueless person will have the audacity to claim that CR7 was a commercial success for Juve.

Immediately it was announced the cr7 was joining juve. Their share price increased.

Yes the were losing cash for many reasons and his high wage was also a problem.

And the mindset that jersey says pay for players is false and clubs or teams get a fraction of sales for each jersey. It's the jersey sponsor that gets bulk of the money.

My conclusion is that he was of value to the team commercial value but very short lived.
Re: PSG Suspends Lionel Messi For 2 Weeks over Unauthorized Trip To Saudi Arabia by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:29pm On May 04, 2023
sniperr007:
Immediately it was announced the cr7 was joining juve. Their share price increased.
Yes the were losing cash for many reasons and his high wage was also a problem.
And the mindset that jersey says pay for players is false and clubs or teams get a fraction of sales for each jersey. It's the jersey sponsor that gets bulk of the money.

My conclusion is that he was of value to the team commercial value but very short lived.

it all depends on how you value what CR7 brought to that team...
A) they kept losing money (whether he was there or not)
B) their shares jumped when he joined but went right back to its initial price after a bit more than 2years
C) they were making a little bit more money from jersey sales but his salary was so high that they were losing money each yr, regardless.
D) the sponsors were aready there before CR7 came aboard

so, apart from Seria A title (that Juventus won 7yrs in a row before CR7 showed up), what has CR7 brought to that team? same question i asked about Messi at PSG...
Re: PSG Suspends Lionel Messi For 2 Weeks over Unauthorized Trip To Saudi Arabia by sniperr007(m): 7:55pm On May 04, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

it all depends on how you value what CR7 brought to that team...
A) they kept losing money (whether he was there or not)
B) their shares jumped when he joined but went right back to its initial price after a bit more than 2years
C) they were making a little bit more money from jersey sales but his salary was so high that they were losing money each yr, regardless.
D) the sponsors were aready there before CR7 came aboard

so, apart from Seria A title (that Juventus won 7yrs in a row before CR7 showed up), what has CR7 brought to that team? same question i asked about Messi at PSG...

For cr7 and Messi.

They brought fans to support juve and PSG.

Fans that won't have thought about those clubs before.

Those people are brands.
Same way LeBron isna brand that Nike claimed will add more value to Liverpool fc when negotiating their kit deal.
And you knowncr7 and Messi are bigger brands than LeBron.
Re: PSG Suspends Lionel Messi For 2 Weeks over Unauthorized Trip To Saudi Arabia by Merisbankie(m): 9:39pm On May 04, 2023
AImiron:
he won all these while playing for PSG, now crawl back to your hole. Na night you dey reply, when your papa return from work, so you dey use his phone to sneak into NL, how you wan see news Wey Leo rejected $400m/yr from Al Hilal. Fvck off my mention make I no curse you

Broski these your lies are getting too much showing me on random photo no be uefa league trophy be that when did Messi win uefa in PSG
Re: PSG Suspends Lionel Messi For 2 Weeks over Unauthorized Trip To Saudi Arabia by AImiron: 8:05am On May 09, 2023
Merisbankie:

Broski these your lies are getting too much showing me on random photo no be uefa league trophy be that when did Messi win uefa in PSG
Who is this mumu, we no dey play with sand here, find your mates
Re: PSG Suspends Lionel Messi For 2 Weeks over Unauthorized Trip To Saudi Arabia by AImiron: 9:08am On May 09, 2023
Merisbankie:

shey weyreh leleyi ni? Are you bot? Why I go talk say Messi win UCL with Psg, do you type before you think? How old are you? Did I took the picture? Don't you know wetin dem Dey call meme? Mention me once I go swear for your papa

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ned Nwoko Gives Christian Chukwu N5 Million / Pat Patterson Dies At 79 / Jose Mourinho Reveals What Will Happen In Man United Vs Barcelona Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.