Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? (11421 Views)

Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) / How Many Times Do You Eat In A Day? / How Many Times Do You Eat In A Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Chizzychinny: 9:54am On May 05, 2023
I cook everyday. Eating out is expensive and the food no dey belleful person.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Jeffyblaq(m): 9:58am On May 05, 2023
pocohantas:

Avocado is such a rare sight in Nigeria?
Wow!!! This avocado or another?
Save your energy for something else..

He actually doesn't know that is wat itz called.

Guess he knows now😔
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Juliearth(f): 9:58am On May 05, 2023
helinues:
For some years now, I have realized there are some things we can't form yanga to

Food
Sleep
Urinating
Defecating

Forget about your status or how rich you are, you can't send people on errand to do that for you.

You see the food part, some people can't even remember when they eat their favorite meal not to talk of when the prepared it.

2x in a day cooking. I love my food hot

How many times do you cook in a week?

Due to the nature of my hustle, I cook once in a week or two. I dish per serving and load them up in the freezer. So on a daily basis, all I do is defrost, heat up and prepare the accompanying meal. I have come to realise that cooking this way helps me save money, time, energy and even gas. Moreover, it allows me to recoup a few hours to rest after work.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by LivingSage: 9:59am On May 05, 2023
Mariah
mariahAngel:

Nne, hapuga helinues.
O wuhu mmadu.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by afariogunone1(f): 10:08am On May 05, 2023
As per when my food finish
make stews and soups mostly on Saturdays only
depending on what i choose to eat (then i boil rice, make swallow or buy akpu from food vendors)
The rest na to de-froze, warm and eat
so if food finish before Saturday i opt for bread, butter and tea or junk food

2 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:09am On May 05, 2023
Merch:
I don’t even have a gas cylinder
Use charcoal or firewood now
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Probz(m): 10:10am On May 05, 2023
helinues:

I realized we Nigerians don't have recipe for food. I have been watching village cooking channel, likely India or Pakistan, when you see the ingredients those people add to their food, they must definitely live older than us

I actually love Indian, Bangladeshi and Pakistani food/cuisine (although the dirtier environments they’re often cooked in can be a bit off-putting sometimes) but it’s not inherently any better than ours. If you want to look at the sort of teas at-least (besides C.B.D. and maybe chamomile) that potentially increase life-expectancy, look to Japanese and their matcha green tea. Their quiet and tidy attitude to life. Et-cetera, innit.

O.P., I’m the sort of person who cooks quite a bit. I won’t quantify it but I’d never go hungry from inability to feed myself. That’s far from my style.
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by BluntCrazeMan: 10:14am On May 05, 2023
helinues:

Even if you are married, except if you are not an adventurous that your wife will always be around you
So, you're married, but not living with your wife??

If not, why would your wife not be around you?
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by BluntCrazeMan: 10:16am On May 05, 2023
helinues:

Walahi, I go still work, dey on NL, watch movies and documentaries.

I found Luke Combs mix today, very good music for napping

In Dalong's voice, every time is well spended

grin
I got it now..

No kids in the picture yet.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by MrAgbako: 10:16am On May 05, 2023
helinues:

Lol. Which cave, tell me where avocado is common in Nigeria.

Ask NL's if they have ever heard about Avocado before.

The few places avocado is common in Nigeria is mostly the mall and mart which is a bit expensive because we don't produce it locally.....

watin I chop scatter.. . E plenty for Naija nah. Some people dey call am pear here. For south south. It is refer to by locals as the big pear and the smaller one is what corn sellers usually sells with roasted corn

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Afamed: 10:18am On May 05, 2023
helinues:

Talk about your place, avocado is not common in North and SW, don't know about SS.

Take Lagos for example, is avocado common in Lagos state?

In general, it's not common cos nothing is seasonal about avocado planting

Avocado is very common in the east, south south and part of North central.

However, Avocado is not common in the North east and North west and South west

4 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by LegitWebsites: 10:36am On May 05, 2023
Relating on behalf of my wife:

She cooks like 3 to 5 times daily.

UGEP, YAKURR LGA Women in Cross River State Love To Cook Always.

They Derive Joy In It, Mbok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by LeeSmart: 10:49am On May 05, 2023
Zonefree:
Two times in a day cooking for a man is absurd. Seems you have all the time in the world?
You sabi maybe him the work 4rm home?
Morning oga mi
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by easzypeaszy(m): 10:50am On May 05, 2023
Minimum of 15 every week.
My wife cooks Atleast 2ice a day
He dey vex and pain me too much bc I feel woman shld not just focus on kitchen alone but herself development.
She not working and no business
Thou we have kids that are less Dan a year
But wen som1 came hear abt a month ago to complain about his wife cooking once or twice a week.
I just kukuma no complain again.
Truth is my wife is doing everything a woman shld to perfectly
I will score her 110/100 when it comes to home works
Cooking, takingcare of kids, doing home work after school, breastfeeding, washing, everything.
I jno get choice Dan focus on doing 100% too

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by ImpregnaTor(m): 11:04am On May 05, 2023
helinues:

Put up a thread about it and see how many Nigerians have heard about it . Do we plant avocado in Nigeria? Tell me which part of the country
Many Nigerians know Avocado but they don't know it by the name Avocado, they call it something else. I guess why u have this thought cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Jackbaur88: 11:13am On May 05, 2023
Avocado is common in Plateau state and some states in the middle belt. In fact, it's been grown in commercial quantity in Jos right now cos it's been discovered that the weather favours the growth of the tree

2 Likes

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Zonefree(m): 11:15am On May 05, 2023
LeeSmart:

You sabi maybe him the work 4rm home?
Morning oga mi
Even at that, cooking is stressful. A man cooking twice daily is somehow. Let's say, you cook one cup of rice in the morning, and also cook two cups of beans again at night. Waste of gas and resources. It's better you cook rice and beans together and run them through out the day.

Morning my brother.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by MuMuOnBail: 11:21am On May 05, 2023
na waaa oooo

My Kitchen and utensils only get useful only when any of my side chicks come to visit, apart from that my Toilet is more use than them.

I once had a maid who does the cooking for me. I ended not even eating what she cook. Since she became useless to me, I got her sacked.
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Divay22(f): 11:27am On May 05, 2023
helinues:

I realized we Nigerians don't have recipe for food. I have been watching village cooking channel, likely India or Pakistan, when you see the ingredients those people add to their food, they must definitely live older than us
Omo
And they use everything natural
Omo, cooking so good
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Divay22(f): 11:29am On May 05, 2023
Twice a week for now...
When i get married, I would want it to be at least 3 or 4 times in a week...
I hope i marry a man that loves to eat, because I'm loving how to cook.
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Divay22(f): 11:32am On May 05, 2023
ImpregnaTor:
Many Nigerians know Avocado but they don't know it by the name Avocado, they call it something else. I guess why u have this thought cheesy
It's called pear 🍐
Na who don read English man book dey call am Avocado... Like the name sha
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by sparko1(m): 11:38am On May 05, 2023
Zonefree:
Two times in a day cooking for a man is absurd. Seems you have all the time in the world?

Absurd how?

I don't eat out at all, I cook everything I eat, including bread, meatpie, snacks.

There's always time, you just have to set your priorities.
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Sleekfingers: 11:41am On May 05, 2023
helinues:

A large chunk of Nigerians don't eat balanced diet. They eat what they see or available. Too much carbohydrates
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by bepositive11: 11:44am On May 05, 2023
How many hours do you spend cooking?

helinues:
For some years now, I have realized there are some things we can't form yanga to

Food
Sleep
Urinating
Defecating

Forget about your status or how rich you are, you can't send people on errand to do that for you.

You see the food part, some people can't even remember when they eat their favorite meal not to talk of when the prepared it.

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Arisenews2: 11:47am On May 05, 2023
helinues:

Lol. Which cave, tell me where avocado is common in Nigeria.

Ask NL's if they have ever heard about Avocado before.

The few places avocado is common in Nigeria is mostly the mall and mart which is a bit expensive because we don't produce it locally.....

You probably live in the Northern part of Nigeria my guy! Avocados is common in the Aouth. In my state particularly!
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by bepositive11: 11:49am On May 05, 2023
Corridon:
What kind of stupid question is this? So he should start telling you about everything in his house or what? Get sense.

Calm down. She asked him if he has microwave because he can use it to warm his food and eat it hot after storing in the fridge.
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by bepositive11: 11:53am On May 05, 2023
helinues:

Avocado common at which part of Nigeria, I have asked several people, they never heard of it before not to talk know about it.

Is there any difference between recipe and ingredients?

Do we mess around with flour in Nigeria? Apart from bread what other food do we produce with flour? Forget about the restaurant, I am talking about home cook

You can grow an avocado tree. It will take time to bare fruits sha
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by rubyjan(f): 12:24pm On May 05, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
Use charcoal or firewood now

grin grin grin somebody that is lazy to cook should now start gathering firewood to cook grin grin grin

Una no go kill me for this NL.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:27pm On May 05, 2023
rubyjan:

grin grin grin somebody that is lazy to cook should now start gathering firewood to cook grin grin grin

Una no go kill me for this NL.
when he said he doesn't have gas cylinder the alternative is to use charcoal or firewood
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by LZAA: 12:36pm On May 05, 2023
helinues:

Food
Sleep
Urinating
Defecating

Shatap
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Emeka71(m): 3:37pm On May 05, 2023
Dliquidmetal:
I cook almost everyday for myself
I work indoors,gotta practice and get better at it
You're right.
Re: How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? by Otywhyte: 6:21pm On May 05, 2023
helinues:

Food
Sleep
Urinating
Defecating

I cook two times...as a bachelor that I am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Watermelon Juice Vs Orange Juice, Which Is Your Favourite? / What Is The Most Popular Nigerian Dish? / Why Is Corn Being Sold For N50?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.