Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Bush Babies Are Real - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Bush Babies Are Real (804 Views)

Man Caught Allegedly Having Sex With Girlfriend In Bush (video) / Zimbabwean Pastor Caught Having Sex With Married Church Member Inside Bush / Ghost, Spirits, Bush Babies, Jinns... Real Or Fake? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bush Babies Are Real by SaintXto(m): 10:29am On May 05, 2023
Bush babies are real. Let me tell you about my encounter with one.

Bush babies are actually called “Galagos” and they are mammals that are related to Lemurs. But while bush babies are animals, I think we have mistaken some paranormal entities to be bush babies.

For example, it is said that if you take hold of their mats or lanterns, you'll become wealthy. But the bush baby iitself doesn't use mat and lanterns, what you saw might have been either a gnome or a skin walker.

In old English stories, gnomes and elves were short beings that move about at night. It was believed that if you take hold of a gnome’s child or you can capture it or it's property, then it will pay you with wealth to be free — but of course, people scarcely ever caught them.

Conversely, a skin crawler is a witch that shape shifts into animals. They could turn to cats, bush babies and what not. And they bring jinx.

It could be that the crying animal at your window is one of these two entities!

When I was in secondary school, on a certain Friday, our principal told us to bring brooms to school on Monday of the subsequent week.

On Saturday we went to farm to get dried fronds for my broom stick which I had decided to make myself.

My dad helped in cutting the palm fronds after a hectic day of weeding and attending to our crops. But in all the work, I forgot to take it home.

And with all the bustling about on Saturday evening and on Sunday, my memory failed me to remember that my broom was still in the farm.

In the middle of night, a Sunday night, I woke up with a start because I had dreamt about school and remembered that I had forgotten my broom in the farm. You can send me a friend request for more stories, thanks.

I needed to take it to the school the following morning because the teacher-in-charge was could with his canes.

I looked around the room and everyone was fast asleep. There was no way I could wake anyone to go with me and I couldn't wait till morning because my school was a far off distance from home and I needed to head there early.

In that anxiety, I didn't check the time, besides it was a full moon and it was so bright, my thoughts were that the night was still young.

I headed straight to farm without informing anyone. As I sauntered the farm, I was surprised that no one was heading to the farm. Had the whole village gone to sleep so early?

When I got to the farm, I saw two short figures that seemed to be crouched down. I couldn't actually tell their gender or age bracket but they sat facing each other talking and making odd crying sounds. My broom was in their midst.

A chill ran down my spine and fear immobilized me for some time. I wanted to scream but my mouth just stayed open.

I decided to throw something because I wanted to be sure if they were animals or humans. I reached for a cassava stem and threw it at them.

Immediately, they looked at my direction with their gleaming eyes. They picked up what I felt was their mats and started running towards my direction

They ran in a lopsided manner as though they had one leg each. They were hopping after me.

In response, my legs ran and the cool breeze sang a chorus in my ears. As I ran, I was sure that if I ran any faster my legs will touch my ears.

I kept shouting for my father to come. I ran for a good time until I started approaching cluster of houses and then, I didn't hear their footsteps again.

But I kept hearing voices, like someone talking in front of me and behind me. Though I didn't see anyone. When I finally got home, trembling and sweating profusely, I quickly check my brother's phone and it was 1:56am

Till date, I didn't tell anyone and I didn't step into that farm and with the shock, I didn't tell anyone what I had seen.

But I still see those things in my dreams most times

Ever seen anything like this

Story idea from a comment in Rant HQ
Rewritten as a story by « Berkins Daniel[b][/b][b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Bush Babies Are Real by Modifire(m): 10:51am On May 05, 2023
As one of you write if untrue, was stolen from a novel: The unknown hands. Which I've read time without number when I was in primary two during my primary school days. But if your narration is true then wonders has indeed no ending in this world

(1) (Reply)

Seeing Vision / Why Do Women Feel Entitled Always? / No Matter How Rich I Am Once Am In A Relationship I Become Broke- Ghana Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.