Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,098 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor (37879 Views)

Moment The Ekweremadus & Their Doctor, Were Sentenced By UK Judge (Video) / Ekweremadus: Those people can kill me, I want to remain in the UK - Nwamini / 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by theophorus(m): 9:22am On May 06, 2023
This Life ehn, no just Fall ooo, cos people wen dey wait to mock you plenty.

But more importantly avoid shady deals cos he fit carry you Handicap.

1 Like

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by Adebowale89(m): 9:23am On May 06, 2023
dominique:
But the boy was not kidnapped of coerced to donate his kidney, he offered to. He was the one willing to sell his kidney to highest bidder so why make him a victim? Ekweremadu is a corrupt politician that deserves to be flung in jail stealing but that boy is no victim! He agreed to it, he's not underaged neither is he mentally unfit to decide on his own. I hope the UK authorities deports his snaky ass.

so that you people can cannibalize him as you've been doing to innocent people of southeast

clown

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by Tallesty1(m): 9:25am On May 06, 2023
lawrenzooo:

Well the law is the law. In UK you aren't allowed to consent to your own detriment. Moreover the boy said he wasn't told he was coming to donate his kidney.

He could be lying. People lie
Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by Lalarsticlala: 9:25am On May 06, 2023
leave Long epistle, the man didn't follow due process.
He didn't want to let the public know what he's predicament was,from all indication that's why he picked up a boy that's hustling, naive to donate kidney for he's daughter.
You can't tell me in the whole of ekweremadu family to extended family nobody kidney matches he's daughter? Isn't possible.
dominique:
But the boy was not kidnapped of coerced to donate his kidney, he offered to. He was the one willing to sell his kidney to highest bidder so why make him a victim? Ekweremadu is a corrupt politician that deserves to be flung in jail stealing but that boy is no victim! He agreed to it, he's not underaged neither is he mentally unfit to decide on his own. I hope the UK authorities deports his snaky ass.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by windvane(m): 9:26am On May 06, 2023
dominique:
where you there? the boy said he was offered to be trained and put in school abroad.if the boy agreed to sell his kidney,series of test would have been done in Nigeria to ascertain that his kidney would match or not....

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by bankulizer: 9:27am On May 06, 2023
Don’t kick a man when he’s down.
Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by Igboslayer: 9:27am On May 06, 2023
dominique:
Wonderful, what concrete decisions can a 21yrs old make concerning the removal of his vital organs without the consent of his parents or other family relatives. Instead your principal induced and coerced him with money to agree to such decisions. Madam go and cook in the kitchen meanwhile reduce your weight oo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by mhizandrea1(f): 9:29am On May 06, 2023
Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by Ifyok50(m): 9:31am On May 06, 2023
Of course, nobody is in support of what the Ekweremadu did, however, coming out openly to lambaste them could endanger her life.
We should be wise as to how we react to happenings the moment we become celebrities, for instance.
It is well.

3 Likes

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by Goodman2023: 9:32am On May 06, 2023
dominique:

It also happens that falsification of age is not an offence in the UK

1 Like

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by victorazy(m): 9:33am On May 06, 2023
Megabig:
“Oh yea, they embezzle the one given to them to build and run abroad to do their procedures”, I’ve been thinking, how can that doctor be so naive, he lives abroad and knows the consequences of what he’s trying to do.

Anyways, he will be out two years after a President have completed an 8 years tenure, it’s not that far sha

Love of money is the root of all evil and when evil set in, every other sense go blanked n neglected.

3 Likes

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by Angel55555(m): 9:33am On May 06, 2023
dominique:
They won't deport him, he said some politicians might want to kill or harm him in retaliation for what he did. I believe that's a ground for asylum and possible citizenship in the west these days. He played a fast one on someone who has been doing it for years.

2 Likes

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by Watcharena: 9:33am On May 06, 2023
dominique:
well the ex senator could not prove this to the UK court.

As an ex-senator, if his hands are clean he was meant to seek legal advice from a lawyer in Uk to know stands of the UK law concerning such transaction , he can afford it, again he will need to get evidences the boy need to sign some documents for record purpose and again the parents of the boy should be involved in signing those documents if possible keep video when they are signing those documents

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by windvane(m): 9:34am On May 06, 2023
dominique:
2...you missed the point after all......the fact that you are offering anyone money for a body part,is a criminal offence in the UK....it is only legal if the boy is donating for free,once you offer money in return,it is punishable under law.He should have gone to Iran,it is legal in Iran...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by Almunjid(m): 9:34am On May 06, 2023
He embezzled his future and now he's stuck in his present. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by Thegamingorca(m): 9:34am On May 06, 2023
dominique:

Person wey don claim asylum. He used street smartness to gain a better life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by onosbaba3310: 9:36am On May 06, 2023
othermen:
Take advantage of the boy?? The boy took advantage of a sane environment. But I think it’s just terrible to cheer the family’s misfortune. The family could have erred, and their inactions or refusal to use their influence may have cost lives, that they should deserve our utter contempt- but we shouldn’t mock them nonetheless.

Of coz, they are likely to understate the consequences when discussing with him, but let us assume they didn’t and instead, they explained to the boy very well, what the long-term effects could be.

Of coz, there shouldn’t have been any monetary incentive, but I think many would be willing to support such a request, with cash or other supporting incentives. (A crime ??)

Let us assume, the family that needs a donor thought so too.
For the donor, could the monetary or other incentive be more propelling or compelling at the onset? Let us assume it was.

His kidney was going to be yanked, he wouldn’t give that without a promise for exchange of another reward. Let us assume the boy was naïve, and he was underpriced.

If he wasn’t underpriced, and the supposed donor wasn’t short on intelligence. Could the donor experience decisional regret? Of coz he could. In fact, recent studies on decisional regret among donors, indicate that younger age and lower education are predictors of regret.
So regret was an item, when it was time for the procedure, it became more stark. That the ‘affective’ theatrics couldn’t help; of coz, he knew that it was only because of the transplant, that anyone cared. Such reflection on the expectation of care can be sufficient to create an utter dissonance and complete turnabout.

After this, the Ekweremadu’s probably couldn’t keep him any longer, the promises of reward or the reward given were withdrawn; he is to return to wherever or whatever condition he was from, with his kidney. They were probably others as well, putting pressure on him, invested in all of it.
So, what could he have done? Now, we know he is not likely returning to that condition he came from and he’s still got his kidney. In a year or two, his family would be with him in the UK.

Was Ekweremadu naïve and exploitative? Perhaps. Was he an organ trafficker? Then, he must be foolish as well to have decided to have the transplant in a standard hospital in the UK, and not in Iran or some shady place, where the donor’s consent is not required.

I was following your comment until the ending, infact with this your point I think the ekweremadus and you deserve live imprisonment where in Iran where your lives will not matter, can you imagine🤨

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by ginggerxy: 9:39am On May 06, 2023
dominique:
Why didn't any of her siblings volunteer to save her life if what they were asking him to do was so ordinary. You can also volunteer to help the young woman with your own kidney. The fact that some of you are not getting the reason why the boy agreed for the donation of his kidney is really annoying. That same reason is why it's a crime in the UK. You don't pay people to donate their body parts to save someone else life. if it's not voluntary It's called organ trafficking . Means they're doing it because financial inducement. Humans are not some guinea pigs.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by timisquare82(m): 9:39am On May 06, 2023
Igboslayer:
Wonderful, what concrete decisions can a 21yrs old make concerning the removal of his vital organs without the consent of his parents or other family relatives. Instead your principal induced and coerced him with money to agree to such decisions. Madam go and cook in the kitchen meanwhile reduce your weight oo
I agree with you, how can you lure a 21yr old boy to donate his kidney abroad without the consent of his parents. That man is a crook!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by IgweBUIKE1(m): 9:39am On May 06, 2023
shortgun:
How is a 21 year old man referred to as a boy?
The wicked 21 year old man will die a shamefully for lying against a man who's only crime was that he wanted to save the life of his ailing daughter.

mugu like you, I bet you didn't know what transpired, but that aside is nor too late to donate your kidney, the ten years is too small,life imprisonment would have been fine, the young man was coarse into donating his organ and when the deal didn't go as planned they wanted to ditch him, they can rot in jail and their daughter also rot for all I care, they ain't different from the downtrodden they maltreat in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by FireUpNow(m): 9:41am On May 06, 2023
Do not take advantage of others

1 Like

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by 2kurupt(m): 9:41am On May 06, 2023
dominique:
But he was lied to wasn't he? Or is that not a breach of contract on their part?

Do you think if from the get-go he was told the procedure would be a life changing one for him, he would have agreed to it?

Y'all need to stop worshipping these thieves, it's nauseating

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by Brushstrokes20: 9:41am On May 06, 2023
Spot on!
Nig politicians and their supporters are bloodthirsty demons! undecided
# no peace for the wicked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by Oyomesiile: 9:42am On May 06, 2023
Real000:
React or commented

Reacted by commenting.

1 Like

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by jUeLiZ: 9:43am On May 06, 2023
Megabig:
“Oh yea, they embezzle the one given to them to build and run abroad to do their procedures”, I’ve been thinking, how can that doctor be so naive, he lives abroad and knows the consequences of what he’s trying to do.

Anyways, he will be out two years after a President have completed an 8 years tenure, it’s not that far sha
I thought the 10 years is 5 years in actual sense. Or I'm i missing something?
Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by Neddstark: 9:43am On May 06, 2023
Ike Ekweremadu, James Ibori
Thank you United Kingdom for upholding justice Nigeria will never do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by Berankis: 9:44am On May 06, 2023
shortgun:
The wicked 21 year old man will die a shamefully for lying against a man who's only crime was that he wanted to save the life of his ailing daughter.

His only crime is not that he wanted to save his daughter but that he was selfish about it. If he had handled the situation properly, it wouldn't have come out this way. May be God just wanted to punish him for some of his wrong doings.
May God forgive us our sins and not punish us for it in future. Amen!
Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by Neddstark: 9:44am On May 06, 2023
shortgun:

Thunder fire you dia. Why you no go sell your kidney for 270k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by WorldRichest: 9:45am On May 06, 2023
dominique:

God will punish the boy. The wretched idiot born by wretched Southern Almajari parents sold his organ for cash, then he went to the police to report that he has just sold a legal commodity in a black market.

God will treat his fucck up and that of his generations
Re: Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Sentencing Of The Ekweremadus And Their Doctor by Ikem11(m): 9:45am On May 06, 2023
dominique:

They admitted offering to pay the boy money and that is a big crime .

You can't offer someone money or betterment of life for body parts it's called human trafficking.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Military Reclaims Michika, Gulak, Uba Kills And Repels Insurgent From Vintim / “missing” Bauchi Aircraft Lands In Nigeria (photo) / Peter Obi Pays Condolence Visits To Families Of Herbert Wigwe And Ogunbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.